Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2022 21:36:24 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Mark Jacobs: Let's compare the rise of Hitler and the rise of MAGA
From: filmby...@gmail.com (film...@gmail.com)
 by: film...@gmail.com - Sat, 3 Sep 2022 04:36 UTC

On Friday, September 2, 2022 at 8:57:44 PM UTC-7, Technobarbarian wrote:
> "With all the arguments over whether MAGA Republicans are fascists, I
> reread William Shirer’s “The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich” to see
> how much the rise of Hitler and the rise of MAGA smell similar.
> Conclusion: They do. This thread lists 10 ways. Please take a look.
>
> 1. A big lie about treachery is used to foment resentment.
> Nazis: We didn’t really lose World War I. It was a “stab in the back” by
> Jews and other "November criminals."
> MAGA: We didn’t really lose the 2020 election. It was a “steal” by
> politicians and Blacks in big cities.
>
> 2. There’s an obsession with purity of the culture.
> Nazis: “Racial mixture” was a threat to Aryan culture, Hitler wrote.
> MAGA: “Great replacement theory” says immigrants threaten white culture.
>
> 3. Chaos is something to be exploited, not addressed.
> Nazis: Economic distress is a great political opportunity.
> MAGA: Economic distress is a great political opportunity.
>
> 4. The super-rich bankroll the right-wing seizure of power.
> Nazis: Thanks to I.G. Farben, Deutsche Bank, Thyssen, Krupp, etc.
> MAGA: Thanks to the Mercers, Uihleins, DeVos, Thiel, etc.
>
> 5. Some people think the fascist threat is overblown.
> Nazis: While Hitler posed a major threat, some said he "ceased to be a
> political danger.” (2 weeks later, he was chancellor.)
> MAGA: While Trump poses a major threat, many people think it’s “just
> politics,” no worries.
>
> 6. There’s a cult of personality.
> Nazis: The German army made a pledge of loyalty to Hitler personally.
> MAGA: Trump’s supporters bill him as “the most moral president” in U.S.
> history.
>
> 7. Christianity is used to legitimize the movement.
> Nazis: “The party stands for positive Christianity.”
> MAGA: Trump is described as the “Chosen One” protecting American
> Christianity.
>
> 8. Books are the enemy.
> Nazis: Any book that “acts subversively on our future” must be burned.
> MAGA: “I think we should throw those books in a fire,” says a Virginia
> school board member.
>
> 9. An independent news media is the enemy.
> Nazis: Any newspaper that “offends the honor and dignity of Germany”
> must be banned.
> MAGA: The press is the “enemy of the people.”
>
> 10. Educators are pressured to be politically compliant.
> Nazis: Teachers took an oath to “be loyal and obedient to Adolf Hitler.”
> MAGA: Florida’s DeSantis accuses teachers of “indoctrination” and
> pressures them to avoid references to America’s racist history and LGBTQ
> people."
>
> https://www.democraticunderground.com/100217115519
>
> TB

The Ghost Dancers who fit the profile perfectly, believe they are right to believe whatever they hold dear, and screw reality! They are going back to their mythical past, though faith! The Fascists claim, "I believe we are the chosen ones, and Trump, & Jesus, are on our side!" This can't end well.....

James Mitchener Jr.