From: famous.d...@bbs.alt119.net (Famous Deaths | OnThisDay.com)
Newsgroups: alt.obituaries
Subject: Famous Deaths for 12th February 2023
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2023 05:07:24 +0000
To: All
 by: Famous Deaths | OnTh - Sun, 12 Feb 2023 05:07 UTC

1128 - Toghtekin, slave/atabek of Damascus, dies

1789 - Ethan Allen, American Revolutionary War patriot (lead the Green Mountain Boys), dies of an apoplectic fit at 51

1834 - Friedrich Schleiermacher, German theologist and philosopher, dies at 65

1942 - Grant Wood, American painter (American Gothic), dies at 50

1947 - Sidney Toler, American actor, director and playwright (Madame X, Meeting at Midnight), dies at 72

1984 - Julio Cortázar, Argentine writer (Blow-Up, Underground Game), dies at 69

1996 - Bob Shaw, Northern Irish novelist (b. 1931)

1997 - Nora Beloff, journalist, dies at 78

2004 - Robert A. Bruce, American cardiologist and pioneer (exercise cardiology), dies at 87

2012 - Zina Bethune, American actress, dies from hit and run at 66

More Famous Deaths »

https://www.onthisday.com/deaths/february/12

Re: Famous Deaths for 12th February 2023

<120220230756245356%nope@noway.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=16359&group=alt.obituaries#16359

Subject: Re: Famous Deaths for 12th February 2023
From: nop...@noway.com (A Friend)
Newsgroups: alt.obituaries
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2023 07:56:24 -0500
 by: A Friend - Sun, 12 Feb 2023 12:56 UTC

In article <3ccff92d5984f466869eb99afd4b19a1@bbs.alt119.net>, Famous
Deaths | OnThisDay.com <famous.deaths.|.onthisday.com@bbs.alt119.net>
wrote:

> 1947 - Sidney Toler, American actor, director and playwright (Madame X,
> Meeting at Midnight), dies at 72

He's probably much better remembered for having played Charlie Chan in
22 films between 1938 and 1946.

> 2012 - Zina Bethune, American actress, dies from hit and run at 66

She'd stopped to rescue an injured possum on the road. From TMZ:

An actress from Martin Scorsese's first film was hit by THREE CARS
before she died in 2012 -- one of which dragged her 600 feet ... and
her husband is now suing everyone involved in the accident.

Zina Bethune's husband Sean is suing Independent Taxi, one of its
cabbies, as well as two other drivers ... claiming it's their fault
Zina was killed on Forest Lawn Drive on February 12, 2012.

Zina -- who starred in Scorsese's 1967 debut film "Who's That Knocking
at My Door" -- had just exited her car to help an injured animal on the
side of the road ... and Sean recounts the tragedy that unfolded.

According to Sean, a taxi driver immediately collided with Zina,
causing his left side view mirror to break. Sean says the driver left
Zina in the middle lane of traffic while he retrieved his mirror,
failing to assist Zina in any capacity as she lay in the roadway.

Soon after, Sean claims Zina was hit by a second car ... which dragged
her body 600 feet.

At that point, Sean says a THIRD car then ran over Zina ... and when
that driver pulled over, she noticed the taxi driver attempting to
leave the scene ... so she blocked him. Zina didn't survive the
accidents.

It's heartbreaking -- Sean's now suing for wrongful death, medical
expenses, loss of love and affection, funeral expenses ... demanding
unspecified damages. Calls to Independent Taxi weren't returned.

https://www.tmz.com/2014/01/25/martin-scorsese-zina-bethune-hit-and-run-
death-lawsuit-husband-taxi/

> More Famous Deaths Ø
>
> https://www.onthisday.com/deaths/february/12

I can't find anything that says this was ever resolved.