From: ganth...@gmail.org (George.Anthony)
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Subject: OT? - C'mon Man!
Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2022 10:49:00 -0500
 by: George.Anthony - Thu, 8 Sep 2022 15:49 UTC

"Remember those long lines you’d see on the television and people lining
up in all kinds of vehicles just to get a box of food in their trunk?"
Biden remarked during a speech in Chicago. "How quickly we forget people
were hurting. And what did the [Make America Great Again] crowd want to
do? Forget it. Forget it."

"God, this is the United States of America," he said. "The idea that
people would have to wait in line an hour or hour and a half to get a
box of food in their trunk — it’s just unbelievable."
- Joe Biden, May 2022

But...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80WBCmdvEvE
- CBS News, August 2022

Of course CC&P and his Oregon peeps are not hurting one bit. Must be
nice to be a selfish, non-caring liberal. If only these people could
save $8.7 mil on their electric bills...
--------------
Liberals fear Donald Trump more than they fear climate change.

Re: OT? - C'mon Man!

<tfe2m5$res9$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=16433&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#16433

From: ganth...@gmail.org (George.Anthony)
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Subject: Re: OT? - C'mon Man!
Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2022 19:51:17 -0500
 by: George.Anthony - Fri, 9 Sep 2022 00:51 UTC

Don't gag on all the smoke.

--
--------------
Liberals fear Donald Trump more than they fear climate change.

Re: OT? - C'mon Man!

<eb942d62-6c12-4017-8996-922cb1956d04n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=16434&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#16434

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2022 17:59:04 -0700 (PDT)
From: filmby...@gmail.com (film...@gmail.com)
 by: film...@gmail.com - Fri, 9 Sep 2022 00:59 UTC

On Thursday, September 8, 2022 at 4:18:18 PM UTC-7, Technobarbarian wrote:
> [...]
> they've decided that we're simply spending too much money, we are likely
> to remain more prosperous than we were in 2010. Hard times! Woe is us.
>
> If I put up a "free" sign I can give away just about anything that
> isn't outright garbage. I once gave away half a toilet.
>
> I can remember back when just about the only people who showed up
> at food banks were the truly poor, and low lifes. Many of the poor
> people had too much pride. Originally the reason for the Social Security
> tax was so that people understood it wasn't charity. They were afraid
> some people wouldn't take it if they thought it was a charity. Seriously.
>
> These days the food banks have people who live in nice homes and
> drive nice cars, showing up for the free food because they're over
> extended and think they're entitled. Waiting in line must be tough for them.

I agree... Never has there been such a luxurious grade of poverty, for most of the nation's, "bottom feeders".... One might say, "We are in the "Golden Age of Poverty".... There is now such a thing as downtown "hobo jungles", with running water, showers, and maybe even electricity!

During my feckless youth, when I dabbled in the "Hobo Lifestyle", there was little sympathy for wanderers, with insufficient funds.... We tried to avoid public scrutiny, whenever possible... Decades later, when my grandson went "on the bum", he dinned on the bounty of food banks, and fraternal protection from cops, who years before, would simply run us out of town, as they would a stray dog!

Joe Hilstrom Jr.