From: business...@dodocrats.org (Dodocrats)
Subject: 'Someone's got to pay': This restaurant group chairman slammed
California's minimum wage hike to $20 an hour for fast food workers and
warned 'prices are going to go up'
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2024 09:22:09 +0100 (CET)
Newsgroups: alt.business, alt.food.fast-food, sac.politics, talk.politics.guns,
talk.politics.misc
 by: Dodocrats - Wed, 13 Mar 2024 08:22 UTC

Continuing proof that Democrats are out of touch, don't understand
business, and are stupid. When Democrats make over-reaching rules,
businesses simply adjust and put the additional burdon on stupid
Democrat voters. You get what you vote for, stupid.

Dining out is becoming increasingly expensive in America, with the
latest government data showing a 5.1% year-over-year increase in the
price of eating food away from home as of January.

Andrew Wiederhorn, chairman and founder of restaurant operator FAT
Brands, suggests that consumers should brace for higher costs while
dining out when there are minimum wage increases.

In an interview with Fox Business, Wiederhorn discussed the implications
of the minimum wage increase to $20 an hour for fast food workers in
California set to take effect in April. He said that the financial
burden of this wage hike would ultimately fall on customers.

�Someone's got to pay for it and the restaurant operators don't have the
margin for that,� he said. �So, prices are going to go up.�

Squeezing margins
Wiederhorn explained how minimum wage increases could affect a
restaurant's finances.

�A restaurant operator makes anywhere from five to 15% in the bottom
line at the end of the day,� he said. Estimating labor costs of 30%,
Wiederhorn suggested a significant wage jump, such as the minimum for
California�s fast-food workers going from $16 an hour to $20 an hour,
puts pressure on restaurants to raise prices.

Wiederhorn also mentioned strategies restaurants could adopt to offer
value, such as opting for an all-cheese pizza over variants like
pepperoni or all-dressed, �controlling� portion sizes, or leveraging
technology.

Despite these strategies, he emphasized the importance of prioritizing
the guest experience in the hospitality industry, stating that
delivering a quality experience to customers �just costs money.�

Addressing affordability
Wiederhorn�s comments shed light on a critical challenge within the
restaurant sector. Even McDonald�s, traditionally known for its
affordability, is grappling with how to remain accessible to consumers.

During McDonald�s latest earnings conference call, CEO Chris Kempczinski
said: �I think what you're going to see as you head into 2024 is
probably more attention to what I would describe as affordability.�

The company�s CFO Ian Borden further stated that pricing decisions will
be �consumer led,� adding that it�s the franchisees who set prices in
their respective restaurants.

That said, McDonald�s reported growth in its business. In 2023, the
company saw a 9% increase in global comparable sales, including an 8.7%
rise in the U.S. Furthermore, adjusted earnings per share grew by 18% to
$11.94, underscoring the company's resilience amid rising costs.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/someone-s-got-to-pay-this-restaur
ant-group-chairman-slammed-california-s-minimum-wage-hike-to-20-an-hour-f
or-fast-food-workers-and-warned-prices-are-going-to-go-up/ar-BB1jyku3

Re: 'Someone's got to pay': This restaurant group chairman slammed California's minimum wage hike to $20 an hour for fast food workers and warned 'prices are going to go up'

<0001HW.2BABA0C00767FEBE30A88138F@news.giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=16496&group=alt.food.fast-food#16496

Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2024 15:54:56 -0700
From: pluted...@outlook.com (Pluted Pup)
Subject: Re: 'Someone's got to pay': This restaurant group chairman slammed California's minimum wage hike to $20 an hour for fast food workers and warned 'prices are going to go up'
Newsgroups: alt.business, alt.food.fast-food, sac.politics, talk.politics.guns, talk.politics.misc
 by: Pluted Pup - Wed, 20 Mar 2024 22:54 UTC

On Wed, 13 Mar 2024 01:22:09 -0700, Dodocrats wrote:

> Continuing proof that Democrats are out of touch, don't understand
> business, and are stupid. When Democrats make over-reaching rules,
> businesses simply adjust and put the additional burdon on stupid
> Democrat voters. You get what you vote for, stupid.
>
> Dining out is becoming increasingly expensive in America, with the
> latest government data showing a 5.1% year-over-year increase in the
> price of eating food away from home as of January.
>
> Andrew Wiederhorn, chairman and founder of restaurant operator FAT
> Brands, suggests that consumers should brace for higher costs while
> dining out when there are minimum wage increases.
>
> In an interview with Fox Business, Wiederhorn discussed the implications
> of the minimum wage increase to $20 an hour for fast food workers in
> California set to take effect in April. He said that the financial
> burden of this wage hike would ultimately fall on customers.
>
> "Someone's got to pay for it and the restaurant operators don't have the
> margin for that," he said. "So, prices are going to go up."
>
> Squeezing margins
> Wiederhorn explained how minimum wage increases could affect a
> restaurant's finances.
>
> "A restaurant operator makes anywhere from five to 15% in the bottom
> line at the end of the day," he said. Estimating labor costs of 30%,
> Wiederhorn suggested a significant wage jump, such as the minimum for
> California´s fast-food workers going from $16 an hour to $20 an hour,
> puts pressure on restaurants to raise prices.
>
> Wiederhorn also mentioned strategies restaurants could adopt to offer
> value, such as opting for an all-cheese pizza over variants like
> pepperoni or all-dressed, "controlling" portion sizes, or leveraging
> technology.

Maybe he's saying that because he's Jewish, speaking
through Jewish channels (fox/msn)?

Jewish power is threatening our pepperoni!