Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2022 19:22:39 -0700
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: i09...@removethisspamblockerstuff-yahoo.com (kmiller)
Subject: When Do You Suppose
 by: kmiller - Wed, 14 Sep 2022 02:22 UTC

These guys'll quit bringing up the Capitol riots and talk about some
riots President Biden has incited? HawHawHaw!

Trump-appointed judge convicts three Jan. 6 defendants but acquits two
of them on obstruction charge

Patrick McCaughey, Tristan Stevens and David Mehaffie, who were charged
in connection with a battle between the mob and police in a Capitol
tunnel, learned their fates Tuesday.

A federal judge handed down verdicts Tuesday in the trial of three Jan.
6 defendants that could have a major impact on the trajectory of Capitol
attack prosecutions going forward.

Patrick McCaughey, Tristan Stevens and David Mehaffie were found guilty
on most but not all charges. They had appeared for a bench, or nonjury,
trial before U.S. District Judge Trevor McFadden, a Donald Trump
appointee who is the only federal judge in Washington, D.C., who has
acquitted a Jan. 6 defendant.

Each defendant faced a number of criminal charges, including felony
counts of assaulting, resisting or impeding officers and aiding and
abetting; obstruction of an official proceeding; and civil disorder.

McCaughey was convicted on every count he faced, although the judge did
not find that he had used a police shield as a deadly or dangerous
weapon during one of the assaults he was convicted of. Federal
prosecutors requested that McCaughey be taken into custody after his
conviction, and he was led away in handcuffs.

Mehaffie was convicted of several counts, including felony counts of
assaulting, resisting or impeding officers and civil disorder. The judge
found him not guilty of a felony count of obstruction of an official
proceeding, which would have exposed Mehaffie to significant prison time.

Stevens was also acquitted of the obstruction charge, but he was
convicted on a number of other charges, including three felony counts of
assaulting, resisting or impeding officers and a count of civil disorder.

Federal prosecutors have secured guilty verdicts on every charge brought
against every defendant in jury trials so far. A mixed verdict in the
bench trial of McCaughey, Stevens and Mehaffie may encourage even more
defendants to try their luck at bench trials when the Justice
Department, the FBI and the federal court system in Washington are
struggling to keep pace with a massive investigation that has packed the
court docket, with hundreds more arrests still yet to come.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/justice-department/verdicts-men-charged-jan-6-assaults-major-impact-capitol-prosecutions-rcna46868

Re: When Do You Suppose

<ec2eb053-6853-40ff-b968-6f639c8e62e1n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=16508&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#16508

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2022 19:59:47 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: When Do You Suppose
From: filmby...@gmail.com (film...@gmail.com)
 by: film...@gmail.com - Wed, 14 Sep 2022 02:59 UTC

On Tuesday, September 13, 2022 at 7:22:43 PM UTC-7, kmiller wrote:
> These guys'll quit bringing up the Capitol riots and talk about some
> riots President Biden has incited? HawHawHaw!
>
> Trump-appointed judge convicts three Jan. 6 defendants but acquits two
> of them on obstruction charge
>
> Patrick McCaughey, Tristan Stevens and David Mehaffie, who were charged
> in connection with a battle between the mob and police in a Capitol
> tunnel, learned their fates Tuesday.
>
> A federal judge handed down verdicts Tuesday in the trial of three Jan.
> 6 defendants that could have a major impact on the trajectory of Capitol
> attack prosecutions going forward.
>
> Patrick McCaughey, Tristan Stevens and David Mehaffie were found guilty
> on most but not all charges. They had appeared for a bench, or nonjury,
> trial before U.S. District Judge Trevor McFadden, a Donald Trump
> appointee who is the only federal judge in Washington, D.C., who has
> acquitted a Jan. 6 defendant.
>
> Each defendant faced a number of criminal charges, including felony
> counts of assaulting, resisting or impeding officers and aiding and
> abetting; obstruction of an official proceeding; and civil disorder.
>
> McCaughey was convicted on every count he faced, although the judge did
> not find that he had used a police shield as a deadly or dangerous
> weapon during one of the assaults he was convicted of. Federal
> prosecutors requested that McCaughey be taken into custody after his
> conviction, and he was led away in handcuffs.
>
> Mehaffie was convicted of several counts, including felony counts of
> assaulting, resisting or impeding officers and civil disorder. The judge
> found him not guilty of a felony count of obstruction of an official
> proceeding, which would have exposed Mehaffie to significant prison time.
>
> Stevens was also acquitted of the obstruction charge, but he was
> convicted on a number of other charges, including three felony counts of
> assaulting, resisting or impeding officers and a count of civil disorder.
>
> Federal prosecutors have secured guilty verdicts on every charge brought
> against every defendant in jury trials so far. A mixed verdict in the
> bench trial of McCaughey, Stevens and Mehaffie may encourage even more
> defendants to try their luck at bench trials when the Justice
> Department, the FBI and the federal court system in Washington are
> struggling to keep pace with a massive investigation that has packed the
> court docket, with hundreds more arrests still yet to come.
>
> https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/justice-department/verdicts-men-charged-jan-6-assaults-major-impact-capitol-prosecutions-rcna46868

They'd better try to get a trial ASAP, because as events unfold, there'll be less public sympathy for them... The courts will quickly tire of, "I was a martyr for Trump, but now, I see things differently..."

Judge Dredd

Re: When Do You Suppose

<tfsnba$3004k$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=16518&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#16518

From: ganth...@gmail.net (George.Anthony)
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2022 14:09:46 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:ms1Sr4n07RB1qdZz94JmObds6xI=
 by: George.Anthony - Wed, 14 Sep 2022 14:09 UTC

kmiller <i09172@removethisspamblockerstuff-yahoo.com> wrote:
> These guys'll quit bringing up the Capitol riots and talk about some
> riots President Biden has incited? HawHawHaw!
>
> Trump-appointed judge convicts three Jan. 6 defendants but acquits two
> of them on obstruction charge
>
> Patrick McCaughey, Tristan Stevens and David Mehaffie, who were charged
> in connection with a battle between the mob and police in a Capitol
> tunnel, learned their fates Tuesday.
>
> A federal judge handed down verdicts Tuesday in the trial of three Jan.
> 6 defendants that could have a major impact on the trajectory of Capitol
> attack prosecutions going forward.
>
> Patrick McCaughey, Tristan Stevens and David Mehaffie were found guilty
> on most but not all charges. They had appeared for a bench, or nonjury,
> trial before U.S. District Judge Trevor McFadden, a Donald Trump
> appointee who is the only federal judge in Washington, D.C., who has
> acquitted a Jan. 6 defendant.
>
> Each defendant faced a number of criminal charges, including felony
> counts of assaulting, resisting or impeding officers and aiding and
> abetting; obstruction of an official proceeding; and civil disorder.
>
> McCaughey was convicted on every count he faced, although the judge did
> not find that he had used a police shield as a deadly or dangerous
> weapon during one of the assaults he was convicted of. Federal
> prosecutors requested that McCaughey be taken into custody after his
> conviction, and he was led away in handcuffs.
>
> Mehaffie was convicted of several counts, including felony counts of
> assaulting, resisting or impeding officers and civil disorder. The judge
> found him not guilty of a felony count of obstruction of an official
> proceeding, which would have exposed Mehaffie to significant prison time.
>
> Stevens was also acquitted of the obstruction charge, but he was
> convicted on a number of other charges, including three felony counts of
> assaulting, resisting or impeding officers and a count of civil disorder.
>
> Federal prosecutors have secured guilty verdicts on every charge brought
> against every defendant in jury trials so far. A mixed verdict in the
> bench trial of McCaughey, Stevens and Mehaffie may encourage even more
> defendants to try their luck at bench trials when the Justice
> Department, the FBI and the federal court system in Washington are
> struggling to keep pace with a massive investigation that has packed the
> court docket, with hundreds more arrests still yet to come.
>
> https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/justice-department/verdicts-men-charged-jan-6-assaults-major-impact-capitol-prosecutions-rcna46868

Trump! Trump! Trump!

--
Are all liberals nut jobs or are all nut jobs liberals?