Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2022 18:52:24 -0700
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: i09...@removethisspamblockerstuff-yahoo.com (kmiller)
Subject: And You Wonder Why
 by: kmiller - Thu, 15 Sep 2022 01:52 UTC

We keep talking about the orange goon:

In his one-term presidency, Donald Trump pushed out a number of
notorious conspiracy theories tied to voter fraud, climate change and
vaccines, but it wasn't until recently that Trump expressed his explicit
support for QAnon – which promotes the idea that Trump is the savior of
the American people.

Despite the dangers of endorsing a movement the FBI has labeled a
domestic terror threat, Trump posted a picture of himself wearing a Q
lapel pin, with the QAnon catchphrases "The Storm is Coming" and
"WWG1WGA," on his Truth Social account earlier this week. He shared the
post after an account called "Patriots in Control" originally published
the photo on the platform.

His latest embrace of QAnon comes as no surprise since Trump spent much
of his presidency praising followers who were a part of the movement and
even endorsed a Republican candidate for congress who is a prominent
QAnon supporter. He has previously defended the movement saying it
consists of people who "basically believe in good government."

But what makes his recent endorsement especially disturbing is that it
came hours after a man obsessed with the QAnon conspiracy theory
allegedly killed his wife and seriously injured one of his children.

After Trump lost in the presidential election in 2020, Igor Lanis became
obsessed with QAnon and the false idea that Joe Biden stole the
election. His daughter, Rebecca Lanis, blamed her father's worsening
mental health on extremism and conspiracy theories he encountered
online, according to the Daily Beast.

Lanis represents just one example among thousands of other QAnon
supporters who believe that Trump is fighting against a cabal of
Democrats and other elites that are operating a global child sex
trafficking ring. The narrative originated in 2017 after a YouTuber and
two moderators from the 4chan website banded together, giving
credibility to posts by a user called "Q", who claimed to be a
high-ranking military officer. Eventually, the theory they espoused
became known as Qanon.

In the years since, the movement has grown and become tied to a number
of violent incidents, including the killing of two infants by their
father, who told investigators that his belief in QAnon made him do it,
a man ramming his pickup truck filled with guns through the gates of
Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau's home and the Jan. 6, 2021
attack on the Capitol.

And as social media platforms like Twitter have banned accounts linked
to QAnon, the movement's supporters have shifted to Truth Social, which
brands itself as a free-speech haven. Users have continued to post
content that espouses violence and Trump has promoted these messages.

In the past, Trump has "re-Truthed" a post calling for "civil war" and
pushing claims that the 2020 presidential election was a "coup,"
according to a report by NewsGuard. More recently, he has posted and
reshared posts that included conspiracy theories about the Department of
Justice, former President Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton, and also
boosted QAnon accounts that attacked President Joe Biden and Vice
President Kamala Harris.

Trump's recent posting of his photo with the phrase "The Storm is
Coming" days after the death of Queen Elizabeth II has led some QAnon
supporters to believe that a "storm" really is coming. "The storm"
refers to the day when Trump would ostensibly expose the pedophilic
cabal of the deep state and the elites and also issue mass arrests of
his political rivals. And as part of their role in this "Great
Awakening", QAnon believers would educate the public about the movement
ahead of these arrests. Ultimately, the "storm" would trigger their
"savior" Trump's return to power.

The "storm" was originally supposed to strike when QAnon supporters
marched on the Capitol on Jan. 6, but instead, the siege led to mass
arrests and several QAnon believers losing faith after President Joe
Biden was inaugurated. However, Trump's recent support of QAnon is
enabling a QAnon renaissance, which poses the same dangers as the spread
of disinformation on social media prior to the insurrection.

https://www.salon.com/2022/09/14/fully-embraces-qanon-on-truth-social--hours-after-obsessed-supporter-allegedly-wife/

Re: And You Wonder Why

<a938c1e2-a501-4171-b284-68333b97a641n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=16527&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#16527

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2022 19:28:47 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: And You Wonder Why
From: filmby...@gmail.com (film...@gmail.com)
 by: film...@gmail.com - Thu, 15 Sep 2022 02:28 UTC

On Wednesday, September 14, 2022 at 6:52:31 PM UTC-7, kmiller wrote:
> [...]
> supporters to believe that a "storm" really is coming. "The storm"
> refers to the day when Trump would ostensibly expose the pedophilic
> cabal of the deep state and the elites and also issue mass arrests of
> his political rivals. And as part of their role in this "Great
> Awakening", QAnon believers would educate the public about the movement
> ahead of these arrests. Ultimately, the "storm" would trigger their
> "savior" Trump's return to power.
>
> The "storm" was originally supposed to strike when QAnon supporters
> marched on the Capitol on Jan. 6, but instead, the siege led to mass
> arrests and several QAnon believers losing faith after President Joe
> Biden was inaugurated. However, Trump's recent support of QAnon is
> enabling a QAnon renaissance, which poses the same dangers as the spread
> of disinformation on social media prior to the insurrection.

YKW is desperate now! It also looks like his hero, Putin, also has troubles to vex a possible plan B, for a desperate man seeking succor... It's one more closing door, for the Ex-Prez.... As the net tightens, I expect YKW to run for friendlier shores somewhere....... It appears there's just no other way out, for him?

Walter Cronkite

Re: And You Wonder Why

<tfv6bf$3atu8$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=16533&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#16533

From: ganth...@gmail.net (George.Anthony)
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2022 12:38:07 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:HW9EtTAtKE5kAvgcDRDExnmXxto=
 by: George.Anthony - Thu, 15 Sep 2022 12:38 UTC

Trump! Trump! Trump!

--
Are all liberals nut jobs or are all nut jobs liberals?