Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2022 18:44:33 -0700
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: i09...@removethisspamblockerstuff-yahoo.com (kmiller)
Subject: Another Orange Goonite Sentenced
 by: kmiller - Fri, 16 Sep 2022 01:44 UTC

A Virginia man who stormed the U.S. Capitol while wearing an antisemitic
“Camp Auschwitz” sweatshirt over a Nazi-themed shirt was sentenced on
Thursday to 75 days of imprisonment.

Robert Keith Packer, 57, declined to address U.S. District Judge Carl
Nichols before he sentenced him during hearing held by video conference.
The judge noted the “incredibly offensive” message on Packer’s
sweatshirt before imposing the sentence.

“It seems to me that he wore that sweatshirt for a reason. We don’t know
what the reason was because Mr. Packer hasn’t told us,” Nichols said.

Photographs of Packer wearing the sweatshirt went viral after the Jan.
6, 2021, attack on the Capitol. When FBI agents asked him why he wore
it, he “fatuously” replied, “Because I was cold,” a federal prosecutor
said in a court filing.

Packer’s sweatshirt depicted an image of a human skull above the words
“Camp Auschwitz.” The word “Staff” was on the back. It also bore the
phrase “Work Brings Freedom,” a rough translation of the German words
above the entrance gate to Auschwitz, the concentration camp in occupied
Poland where Nazis killed more than 1 million men, women and children.

Assistant U.S. Attorney Mona Furst said she learned on Wednesday that
Packer also wore an “SS” T-shirt — a reference to the Nazi Party
paramilitary organization founded by Adolf Hitler — under his sweatshirt
on Jan. 6. Packer “attacked the very government that gave him the
freedom to express those beliefs, no matter how abhorrent or evil they
may be” when he joined the mob supporting then-President Donald Trump,
the prosecutor said.

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/09/15/rioter-camp-auschwitz-sweatshirt-jail-term-00057110

Re: Another Orange Goonite Sentenced

<509196cf-2bbe-4cdc-a05f-6e7dc5e5c919n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=16545&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#16545

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2022 18:54:43 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Another Orange Goonite Sentenced
From: filmby...@gmail.com (film...@gmail.com)
 by: film...@gmail.com - Fri, 16 Sep 2022 01:54 UTC

On Thursday, September 15, 2022 at 6:44:38 PM UTC-7, kmiller wrote:
> A Virginia man who stormed the U.S. Capitol while wearing an antisemitic
> “Camp Auschwitz” sweatshirt over a Nazi-themed shirt was sentenced on
> Thursday to 75 days of imprisonment.
>
> Robert Keith Packer, 57, declined to address U.S. District Judge Carl
> Nichols before he sentenced him during hearing held by video conference.
> The judge noted the “incredibly offensive” message on Packer’s
> sweatshirt before imposing the sentence.
>
> “It seems to me that he wore that sweatshirt for a reason. We don’t know
> what the reason was because Mr. Packer hasn’t told us,” Nichols said.
>
> Photographs of Packer wearing the sweatshirt went viral after the Jan.
> 6, 2021, attack on the Capitol. When FBI agents asked him why he wore
> it, he “fatuously” replied, “Because I was cold,” a federal prosecutor
> said in a court filing.
>
> Packer’s sweatshirt depicted an image of a human skull above the words
> “Camp Auschwitz.” The word “Staff” was on the back. It also bore the
> phrase “Work Brings Freedom,” a rough translation of the German words
> above the entrance gate to Auschwitz, the concentration camp in occupied
> Poland where Nazis killed more than 1 million men, women and children.
>
> Assistant U.S. Attorney Mona Furst said she learned on Wednesday that
> Packer also wore an “SS” T-shirt — a reference to the Nazi Party
> paramilitary organization founded by Adolf Hitler — under his sweatshirt
> on Jan. 6. Packer “attacked the very government that gave him the
> freedom to express those beliefs, no matter how abhorrent or evil they
> may be” when he joined the mob supporting then-President Donald Trump,
> the prosecutor said.
>
> https://www.politico.com/news/2022/09/15/rioter-camp-auschwitz-sweatshirt-jail-term-00057110

Jedge Carl is a weak suck liberal! He should have thrown the book at that wormey, germey, Nazi!

Anne Frank Jr.