From: sli...@anashram.com (slider)
Newsgroups: alt.dreams.castaneda
Subject: debunking the little mouse debunkers :)
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2021 05:56:29 +0100
 by: slider - Wed, 18 Aug 2021 04:56 UTC

Hypnotist Paul Goldin dies in Dublin

The well-known hypnotist and behavioural psychologist Paul Goldin has
died, it has been announced.

In a statement, Mr Goldin's family said he died at 11.15am this morning
following a short illness.

"He was surrounded by his loving family and friends at the time of his
death," the statement said.

Mr Goldin was renowned for stage shows where he would 'hypnotise' members
of the audience but he also held a Masters in Behavioural Psychology and
Logistics and ran a practice in Dún Laoghaire, Co Dublin.

He was born in France to a French father and English mother and the family
moved to England from France in 1939 at the beginning of the second World
War.

Mr Goldin was asked by the US government to travel to British Guyana to
help the survivors of the Jonestown massacre in 1978 orchestrated by
People's Temple cult leader Jim Jones.

"Afterwards, I decided to use [my techniques] in a positive way to empower
people to reach their potential. Thats what I do - I teach people to
develop peak performance, by subconsciously replicating their ideal," Mr
Goldin told The Irish Times in 2001.

"I'm not a miracle-worker, though. I can't make you be the world's
greatest pianist if you don't play the piano!"

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/hypnotist-paul-goldin-dies-in-dublin-1.818575

### - unfortunately for you arthur you were the little mouse that got
cooked for dinner heh ;)

Re: debunking the little mouse debunkers :)

<op.08a2mrnu7eafsp@slider>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=1661&group=alt.dreams.castaneda#1661

From: sli...@anashram.com (slider)
Newsgroups: alt.dreams.castaneda
Subject: Re: debunking the little mouse debunkers :)
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2021 06:24:17 +0100
 by: slider - Wed, 18 Aug 2021 05:24 UTC

(a little more info on this...)

Celebrity hypnotist and behavioural psychologist Paul Goldin died
yesterday following a short illness at the age of 79.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/tributes-pour-in-as-celebrity-hypnotist-goldin-dies-aged-79-26423201.html

Described as the original stage hypnotist, he became renowned for his
stage shows before going on to open a number of stress management and
phobia clinics.

His family issued a brief statement announcing that he had died yesterday
morning at 11.15am.

"He was surrounded by his loving family and friends at the time of his
death," it said.

Born in France to a French father who was a psychiatrist, and an English
mother, he moved to Britain in 1939. While studying medicine, he began
earning pocket money from fellow students by giving lunchtime
demonstrations of hypnosis techniques.

His love affair with Ireland, began when theatrical agent Frank O'Donovan
saw one of his shows and guaranteed him £100 a week and 4pc of the takings
to do an Irish tour.

After leaving the faculty of medicine at University College London, he
travelled to the US and in the early 1960s teamed up with one of America's
foremost psychiatrists, Professor Maurice Silver.

He also held a high-profile position with the US government de-programming
the survivors of the Jonestown massacre, the mass suicide instigated by
cult leader Jim Jones in 1978. Mr Goldin went on to found stress
management and phobia clinics in Hawaii, Nevada and opened his first such
clinic in Dublin in the 1980s.

'A true friend'

In 2005 he was awarded an honorary professorship by the Rehabilitation
Research Centre in Beijing.

Entertainer Adele King, better known as Twink, said Paul Goldin was one of
the best friends she ever had and she was "gutted" at his death.

"He was the kind of person I told things to that I would never tell
another person on the planet and I never, ever heard them back. He was a
true confidante, a true friend."

Speaking on RTE, artist Frank Clarke described Mr Goldin as one of his
"best pals" and said he was devastated by the news. "I just can't believe
it. I saw him living forever."

Miriam Ahern described him as a wonderful man and said he would be sadly
missed.

Musician Paddy Cole said Mr Goldin was a real, true friend.

"He never hypnotised me but I was hoping he would hypnotise the taxman
when he was after me last year," he joked.

Comedian Dave Young was hypnotised by Mr Goldin when he sat in a perspex
box above the Liffey for two days in an attempt to raise money for the
homeless.

"Paul hypnotised me to think I was Nemo of 'Finding Nemo' and that the
giant box was my aquarium. It worked and the weekend that I was up there
and I would look down, he was on the phone saying 'think of the fish,
think of the fish'," said Mr Young last night.

"He was a very funny guy. Most people know him for his hypnotism but many
an evening I just sat in his house by the fire having a glass of wine. He
had a great sense of humour, a great story-teller with great jokes."

"Mr Goldin is survived by his wife Helen and six children, Ricky (an actor
in the US), David, Bobby, Katie Jane, Joanna and Sarah. The funeral of Mr
Goldin will take place tomorrow morning in the Unitarian church on St
Stephen's Green.

### - so piss off and eat shit forever low-ass-rider...

coz believe me, you & i are now done! and no more second chances!

(so back in the killfile it goes, permanently this time: just another
dumbass psychopath without any life even worth mentioning; one now also
totally exposed as being a complete and utter cunt.)