Subject: Re:_Beyond_Meat_executive_arrested_on_suspicion_of_biting
a man’s nose
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: redy...@rye.net (bfh)
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2022 15:48:47 -0400
 by: bfh - Tue, 20 Sep 2022 19:48 UTC

Technobarbarian wrote:

>      Now that the novelty has worn off the company is taking a beating.
>
> "Beyond Meat executive arrested on suspicion of biting a man’s nose"
>
> "The chief operating officer of vegan food purveyor Beyond Meat was
> arrested over the weekend after allegedly biting a man’s nose during
> a fight following an Arkansas football game.
>
> Police arrested company COO Doug Ramsey on charges of terroristic
> threatening and third-degree battery on Saturday. Ramsey was released
> on an $11,000 bond the following day, according to court records."
>
> https://www.cnn.com/2022/09/20/business/beyond-meat-executive-arrested-nose-bite-nightcap/index.html

Bygod, I knew it. That fake meat causes malfunctions in your amygdala.
Eat enough of it, and you'll not only run around biting noses in
parking garages, but you'll probably also start throwing frozen
(weaponized) tofu at people in Walmart who are buying Real Ground Meat
and bumping your ankles with their shopping cart.

>      For me the fake meat was just another fad that I didn't
> understand. The last time I had encountered this particular sort of
> nonsense was back in the 70s.  I didn't understand the reason for this
> in the first place and the results were not.......good. They were not
> a lot of things. Only a small child would have mistaken it for real
> meat. I haven't tried these latest versions because no one has given
> me any for free. If someone gave me a bite I'd probably put it in my
> mouth. I can't figure out why I would buy it?

I suppose it's sorta like Pringles. If you like Pringles, eat 'em -
but if you want potato chips, Pringles don't do it.

--
bill