If all else fails, lower your standards.

interests / rec.outdoors.rv-travel / Re: U.S. Space Force reveals official song

SubjectAuthor
* Re: U.S. Space Force reveals official songfilm...@gmail.com
`* Re: U.S. Space Force reveals official songbfh
 `* Re: U.S. Space Force reveals official songfilm...@gmail.com
  `* Re: U.S. Space Force reveals official songbfh
   `* Re: U.S. Space Force reveals official songfilm...@gmail.com
    `* Re: U.S. Space Force reveals official songbfh
     `* Re: U.S. Space Force reveals official songfilm...@gmail.com
      `- Re: U.S. Space Force reveals official songbfh

1
Re: U.S. Space Force reveals official song

<0031c901-121b-4a21-8817-43263147658en@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=16619&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#16619

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2022 18:18:30 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: U.S. Space Force reveals official song
From: filmby...@gmail.com (film...@gmail.com)
 by: film...@gmail.com - Wed, 21 Sep 2022 01:18 UTC

On Tuesday, September 20, 2022 at 3:51:28 PM UTC-7, Technobarbarian wrote:
> "U.S. Space Force reveals official song"
>
> This thing is just as dreadful as you would expect, and then some.
> I skipped through the long introduction and all but about 5 seconds of
> the music. I have my limits. There's only so much of that sort of crap I
> can stand.
>
> https://www.dvidshub.net/video/857934/us-space-force-reveals-official-song
>
> Semper Supra” lyrics:
>
> We’re the mighty watchful eye,
>
> Guardians beyond the blue,
>
> The invisible front line,
>
> Warfighters brave and true.
>
> Boldly reaching into space,
>
> There’s no limit to our sky.
>
> Standing guard both night and day,
>
> We’re the Space Force from on high.
>
> https://www.politico.com/news/2022/09/20/space-force-military-branch-son-00057734
>
> TB

That is no "Anchors Away Boys", and certainly doesn't invoke the passion of "Up we go, into the Wild Blue yonder", or "Halls of Montezuma"! Shiteatin'dawg! What a horrible theme song! I'll bet I could do a far better anthem, myself! Somebody probably made a fortune on that song, unless out of their patriotism, they foreswore the filthy lucre royalties to "The Force", and its "Warriors"? What total bullshit! HawHawHaw!

I think the whole idea of a "Space Force" was just another way YKW could adore himself... It's just a fortune spent by duplication.... If the USS Enterprise was good enough for Capt. Kirk, it's good enough for me!

Mr. Spock Jr.

Re: U.S. Space Force reveals official song

<OvuWK.466279$iiS8.101002@fx17.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=16623&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#16623

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: redy...@rye.net (bfh)
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2022 22:18:21 -0400
 by: bfh - Wed, 21 Sep 2022 02:18 UTC

film...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Tuesday, September 20, 2022 at 3:51:28 PM UTC-7, Technobarbarian
> wrote:
>> "U.S. Space Force reveals official song"
>>
>> This thing is just as dreadful as you would expect, and then
>> some. I skipped through the long introduction and all but about 5
>> seconds of the music. I have my limits. There's only so much of
>> that sort of crap I can stand.
>>
>> https://www.dvidshub.net/video/857934/us-space-force-reveals-official-song

Semper Supra” lyrics:

>> We’re the mighty watchful eye,
>>
>> Guardians beyond the blue,
>>
>> The invisible front line,
>>
>> Warfighters brave and true.
>>
>> Boldly reaching into space,
>>
>> There’s no limit to our sky.
>>
>> Standing guard both night and day,
>>
>> We’re the Space Force from on high.
>>
>> https://www.politico.com/news/2022/09/20/space-force-military-branch-son-00057734

TB

> That is no "Anchors Away Boys", and certainly doesn't invoke the
> passion of "Up we go, into the Wild Blue yonder", or "Halls of
> Montezuma"! Shiteatin'dawg! What a horrible theme song! I'll bet
> I could do a far better anthem, myself! Somebody probably made a
> fortune on that song, unless out of their patriotism, they
> foreswore the filthy lucre royalties to "The Force", and its
> "Warriors"? What total bullshit! HawHawHaw!
>
> I think the whole idea of a "Space Force" was just another way YKW
> could adore himself... It's just a fortune spent by duplication....
> If the USS Enterprise was good enough for Capt. Kirk, it's good
> enough for me!

Here's some more grist for you - My Firefox literally wouldn't play
that, but Chrome does. At the end of the day going forward, and with a
statistically insignificant amount of effort applied with the
applicable tools from your toolbox, you should be able to make
something efficaciously antiTrump with it.

--
bill

Re: U.S. Space Force reveals official song

<71db7972-c4e5-4b93-9f9c-aeefff4cd4ccn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=16625&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#16625

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2022 20:11:07 -0700 (PDT)
From: filmby...@gmail.com (film...@gmail.com)
 by: film...@gmail.com - Wed, 21 Sep 2022 03:11 UTC

On Tuesday, September 20, 2022 at 7:18:24 PM UTC-7, bfh wrote:
> film...@gmail.com wrote:
> > On Tuesday, September 20, 2022 at 3:51:28 PM UTC-7, Technobarbarian
> > wrote:
> >> "U.S. Space Force reveals official song"
> >>
> >> This thing is just as dreadful as you would expect, and then
> >> some. I skipped through the long introduction and all but about 5
> >> seconds of the music. I have my limits. There's only so much of
> >> that sort of crap I can stand.
> >>
> >> https://www.dvidshub.net/video/857934/us-space-force-reveals-official-song
> >>

> Semper Supra†lyrics:
> >>
> >> We’re the mighty watchful eye,
> >>
> >> Guardians beyond the blue,
> >>
> >> The invisible front line,
> >>
> >> Warfighters brave and true.
> >>
> >> Boldly reaching into space,
> >>
> >> There’s no limit to our sky.
> >>
> >> Standing guard both night and day,
> >>
> >> We’re the Space Force from on high.
> >>
> >> https://www.politico.com/news/2022/09/20/space-force-military-branch-son-00057734
> >>

> TB
> >
> > That is no "Anchors Away Boys", and certainly doesn't invoke the
> > passion of "Up we go, into the Wild Blue yonder", or "Halls of
> > Montezuma"! Shiteatin'dawg! What a horrible theme song! I'll bet
> > I could do a far better anthem, myself! Somebody probably made a
> > fortune on that song, unless out of their patriotism, they
> > foreswore the filthy lucre royalties to "The Force", and its
> > "Warriors"? What total bullshit! HawHawHaw!
> >
> > I think the whole idea of a "Space Force" was just another way YKW
> > could adore himself... It's just a fortune spent by duplication....
> > If the USS Enterprise was good enough for Capt. Kirk, it's good
> > enough for me!
> Here's some more grist for you - My Firefox literally wouldn't play
> that, but Chrome does. At the end of the day going forward, and with a
> statistically insignificant amount of effort applied with the
> applicable tools from your toolbox, you should be able to make
> something efficaciously antiTrump with it.
>
> --
> bill
> Theory don't mean squat if it don't work.

"Evan if Trump never existed, he would still be an idea in the mind of God...."

Is "Semper Supra", the kind of song that could become a hearing aid ear worm, or a tune you'd whistle while you work? What do you think of the song, and "Space Force", as a former Airman? Myself, I think they're horning in, on past "Flyboys" glory....

The Ghost of Chas. Lindberg Jr.

Re: U.S. Space Force reveals official song

<iXvWK.144714$elEa.75493@fx09.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=16628&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#16628

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: redy...@rye.net (bfh)
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2022 23:55:57 -0400
 by: bfh - Wed, 21 Sep 2022 03:55 UTC

film...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Tuesday, September 20, 2022 at 7:18:24 PM UTC-7, bfh wrote:
>> film...@gmail.com wrote:

Semper Supra†lyrics:

TB

>>> That is no "Anchors Away Boys", and certainly doesn't invoke
>>> the passion of "Up we go, into the Wild Blue yonder", or "Halls
>>> of Montezuma"! Shiteatin'dawg! What a horrible theme song! I'll
>>> bet I could do a far better anthem, myself! Somebody probably
>>> made a fortune on that song, unless out of their patriotism,
>>> they foreswore the filthy lucre royalties to "The Force", and
>>> its "Warriors"? What total bullshit! HawHawHaw!
>>>
>>> I think the whole idea of a "Space Force" was just another way
>>> YKW could adore himself... It's just a fortune spent by
>>> duplication.... If the USS Enterprise was good enough for Capt.
>>> Kirk, it's good enough for me!
>> Here's some more grist for you - My Firefox literally wouldn't
>> play that, but Chrome does. At the end of the day going forward,
>> and with a statistically insignificant amount of effort applied
>> with the applicable tools from your toolbox, you should be able
>> to make something efficaciously antiTrump with it.
>>
>> -- bill Theory don't mean squat if it don't work.
>
> "Evan if Trump never existed, he would still be an idea in the
> mind of God..."
>
> Is "Semper Supra", the kind of song that could become a hearing
> aid ear worm,

I've got an anti-worm subroutine in my hearing aid programming.

> or a tune you'd whistle while you work?

I can't whistle............well, I can whistle, but I can't make a
recognizable tune.

> What do
> you think of the song, and "Space Force", as a former Airman?

meh.

> Myself, I think they're horning in, on past "Flyboys" glory....

You'll whistle a different tune when they take out a Romulan Bird of Prey.

> The Ghost of Chas. Lindberg Jr.

--
bill

Re: U.S. Space Force reveals official song

<1ad28a57-314a-46a8-9938-a7969174ddccn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=16632&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#16632

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2022 00:18:28 -0700 (PDT)
From: filmby...@gmail.com (film...@gmail.com)
 by: film...@gmail.com - Wed, 21 Sep 2022 07:18 UTC

On Tuesday, September 20, 2022 at 8:56:01 PM UTC-7, bfh wrote:
> film...@gmail.com wrote:

> Semper Supra†lyrics:

> TB

> >> Here's some more grist for you - My Firefox literally wouldn't
> >> play that, but Chrome does. At the end of the day going forward,
> >> and with a statistically insignificant amount of effort applied
> >> with the applicable tools from your toolbox, you should be able
> >> to make something efficaciously antiTrump with it.
> >>
> >> -- bill Theory don't mean squat if it don't work.
> >
> > "Evan if Trump never existed, he would still be an idea in the
> > mind of God..."
> >
> > Is "Semper Supra", the kind of song that could become a hearing
> > aid ear worm,
> I've got an anti-worm subroutine in my hearing aid programming.
> > or a tune you'd whistle while you work?
> I can't whistle............well, I can whistle, but I can't make a
> recognizable tune.
> > What do
> > you think of the song, and "Space Force", as a former Airman?
> meh.
> > Myself, I think they're horning in, on past "Flyboys" glory....
> You'll whistle a different tune when they take out a Romulan Bird of Prey..
> > The Ghost of Chas. Lindberg Jr.
> >

> --
> bill
> Theory don't mean squat if it don't work.

The song implies that Space Force Cadets are bellicose warriors of some kind, instead of scientists, and computer dweebs ... Whom do you think they might be warriors against out there in space? Space Force should have been created decades ago, to combat those alien abductions that were happening, before everybody got phone cameras, which put an end to them, along with Elvis sightings... HawHawHaw!

Flash Gordon Jr.

Re: U.S. Space Force reveals official song

<pHEWK.226001$PRW4.134404@fx11.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=16633&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#16633

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: redy...@rye.net (bfh)
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2022 09:53:25 -0400
 by: bfh - Wed, 21 Sep 2022 13:53 UTC

film...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Tuesday, September 20, 2022 at 8:56:01 PM UTC-7, bfh wrote:
>> film...@gmail.com wrote:

Semper Supra†lyrics:

TB

>>> "Evan if Trump never existed, he would still be an idea in the
>>> mind of God..."
>>>
>>> Is "Semper Supra", the kind of song that could become a
>>> hearing aid ear worm,
>> I've got an anti-worm subroutine in my hearing aid programming.
>>> or a tune you'd whistle while you work?
>> I can't whistle............well, I can whistle, but I can't make
>> a recognizable tune.
>>> What do you think of the song, and "Space Force", as a former
>>> Airman?
>> meh.
>>> Myself, I think they're horning in, on past "Flyboys"
>>> glory....
>> You'll whistle a different tune when they take out a Romulan Bird
>> of Prey.
>>> The Ghost of Chas. Lindberg Jr.
>>>

>> -- bill Theory don't mean squat if it don't work.
>
> The song implies that Space Force Cadets are bellicose warriors of
> some kind, instead of scientists, and computer dweebs ... Whom do
> you think they might be warriors against out there in space?

Chinese space cadets? Putin trying to annex low earth orbit?

--
bill

Re: U.S. Space Force reveals official song

<f37384ba-19db-4fb4-8ffd-636afe2b9a14n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=16636&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#16636

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2022 12:36:20 -0700 (PDT)
From: filmby...@gmail.com (film...@gmail.com)
 by: film...@gmail.com - Wed, 21 Sep 2022 19:36 UTC

On Wednesday, September 21, 2022 at 6:53:28 AM UTC-7, bfh wrote:
> film...@gmail.com wrote:

> Semper Supra†lyrics:

> TB

> >> I've got an anti-worm subroutine in my hearing aid programming.
> >> I can't whistle............well, I can whistle, but I can't make
> >> a recognizable tune.
> >> meh.
> >> You'll whistle a different tune when they take out a Romulan Bird
> >> of Prey.
> >>>

> >> -- bill Theory don't mean squat if it don't work.
> >
> > The song implies that Space Force Cadets are bellicose warriors of
> > some kind, instead of scientists, and computer dweebs ... Whom do
> > you think they might be warriors against out there in space?
> Chinese space cadets? Putin trying to annex low earth orbit?
> > Space
> > Force should have been created decades ago, to combat those alien
> > abductions that were happening, before everybody got phone
> > cameras, which put an end to them, along with Elvis sightings...
> > HawHawHaw!
> >
> > Flash Gordon Jr.
> >
> --
> bill
> Theory don't mean squat if it don't work.

I wonder how Elon Musk, & other private space rovers will fit in, with our Space Force warriors? Would they be the new, "Space Privateers"? BTW, I thought everyone was supposed to co-operate, out it space? FAIK, nobody is trying to shoot down anybody else's satellites?

Long John Silver Jr.

Re: U.S. Space Force reveals official song

<pmKWK.101837$tRy7.67580@fx36.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=16637&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#16637

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: redy...@rye.net (bfh)
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2022 16:20:36 -0400
 by: bfh - Wed, 21 Sep 2022 20:20 UTC

film...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Wednesday, September 21, 2022 at 6:53:28 AM UTC-7, bfh wrote:
>> film...@gmail.com wrote:

Semper Supra†lyrics:

TB

>>> The song implies that Space Force Cadets are bellicose warriors
>>> of some kind, instead of scientists, and computer dweebs ...
>>> Whom do you think they might be warriors against out there in
>>> space?
>> Chinese space cadets? Putin trying to annex low earth orbit?
>>> Space Force should have been created decades ago, to combat
>>> those alien abductions that were happening, before everybody
>>> got phone cameras, which put an end to them, along with Elvis
>>> sightings... HawHawHaw!
>>>
>>> Flash Gordon Jr.
>>>
>> -- bill Theory don't mean squat if it don't work.
>
> I wonder how Elon Musk, & other private space rovers will fit in,
> with our Space Force warriors? Would they be the new, "Space
> Privateers"? BTW, I thought everyone was supposed to co-operate,
> out it space? FAIK, nobody is trying to shoot down anybody else's
> satellites?

Then you need to do more research, because as far as you know is not
far enough. This'll get you started:
Just an hour before Russian troops launched their full-scale assault
in the early hours of Feb. 24, the Kremlin successfully hacked Viasat,
an American satellite provider whose network was used by the Ukrainian
military to communicate with front-line troops, according to
intelligence reports from the U.S., EU and the United Kingdom.

The cyberattack, which crippled the country’s military communications
and also took out thousands of other internet users across Europe,
fast-tracked negotiations, started in early 2022, between Kyiv and
SpaceX to bring the satellite network to the country, according to
four officials with knowledge of those discussions.
https://www.politico.com/news/2022/06/09/elon-musk-spacex-starlink-ukraine-00038039

China has launched a new satellite that analysts say can be used as a
weapon capable of grabbing and crushing American satellites.

The Shijian-21 satellite was sent aloft on Sunday atop a rocket
booster from the Xichang Satellite Launch Center, ostensibly for
cleaning “space debris,” according to the China Aerospace Science and
Technology Corp, Beijing’s state-run space company. The company stated
that the satellite is “tasked with demonstrating technologies to
alleviate and neutralize space debris.”

The robotic satellite launch followed a suspected recent test of a new
hypersonic missile that Chinese officials said was a peaceful space
experiment.

The commander of the U.S. Space Command, Air Force Gen. James
Dickinson told Congress in April that spacecraft like the Shijian-21
is part of an effort by China to seek “space superiority through space
and space-attack systems.”
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2021/oct/25/china-launches-suspected-anti-satellite-weapon/

There's more out there. The "space war" has been underway for some
time, and there is significance in the passage of time.

Click here to read the complete article