A waist is a terrible thing to mind. -- Ziggy

interests / alt.folklore.urban / Re: Who do you know that is famous?

SubjectAuthor
* Re: Who do you know that is famous?cbusylol
`* Re: Who do you know that is famous?Don Freeman
 `* Re: Who do you know that is famous?Mark Shaw
  `* Re: Who do you know that is famous?Thomas Prufer
   `* Re: Who do you know that is famous?Drew Lawson
    `- Re: Who do you know that is famous?Don Freeman

1
Re: Who do you know that is famous?

<a93621c7-656a-45b2-8734-3f024e5c86dfn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=168&group=alt.folklore.urban#168

Newsgroups: alt.folklore.urban
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2023 21:31:32 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Who do you know that is famous?
From: shinno...@gmail.com (cbusylol)
 by: cbusylol - Thu, 6 Apr 2023 04:31 UTC

I worked night audit at a (now defunct) sort of hoity toity spa/resort in Utah. Louise Fletcher was a recurring guest (the nurse from one flew over the cuckoo's nest). Jon Lovitz was there once. Karl Malone from the NBA Jazz owned some of the property. One time Chris Evans checked in with his then girlfriend Jennifer Slate but under a fake name. She was instantly recognizable to me but he had a cap and a beard and hadn't realized it was him until I saw the credit card.

Typically these people have handlers who take care of all the front desk and business rubbish for them but every now and then they'd make acquaintance at the desk and chit chat (Lovitz was off his face drunk)

Re: Who do you know that is famous?

<u0t3ts$1ficc$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=169&group=alt.folklore.urban#169

From: Don...@cosmoslair.com (Don Freeman)
Newsgroups: alt.folklore.urban
Date: Sat, 8 Apr 2023 19:21:00 -0600
 by: Don Freeman - Sun, 9 Apr 2023 01:21 UTC

On 4/5/2023 10:31 PM, cbusylol wrote:
> I worked night audit at a (now defunct) sort of hoity toity spa/resort in Utah. Louise Fletcher was a recurring guest (the nurse from one flew over the cuckoo's nest). Jon Lovitz was there once. Karl Malone from the NBA Jazz owned some of the property. One time Chris Evans checked in with his then girlfriend Jennifer Slate but under a fake name. She was instantly recognizable to me but he had a cap and a beard and hadn't realized it was him until I saw the credit card.
>
> Typically these people have handlers who take care of all the front desk and business rubbish for them but every now and then they'd make acquaintance at the desk and chit chat (Lovitz was off his face drunk)

I once knew this hamster that had crawled up some actor's asshole, is
that close enough to famous?

Re: Who do you know that is famous?

<u0t86l$s0v$2@reader2.panix.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=170&group=alt.folklore.urban#170

From: msh...@panix.com (Mark Shaw)
Newsgroups: alt.folklore.urban
Date: Sun, 9 Apr 2023 02:33:57 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Mark Shaw - Sun, 9 Apr 2023 02:33 UTC

Don Freeman <Don@cosmoslair.com> wrote:
> On 4/5/2023 10:31 PM, cbusylol wrote:
> > I worked night audit at a (now defunct) sort of hoity toity spa/resort in Utah. Louise Fletcher was a recurring guest (the nurse from one flew over the cuckoo's nest). Jon Lovitz was there once. Karl Malone from the NBA Jazz owned some of the property. One time Chris Evans checked in with his then girlfriend Jennifer Slate but under a fake name. She was instantly recognizable to me but he had a cap and a beard and hadn't realized it was him until I saw the credit card.
> >
> > Typically these people have handlers who take care of all the front desk and business rubbish for them but every now and then they'd make acquaintance at the desk and chit chat (Lovitz was off his face drunk)

> I once knew this hamster that had crawled up some actor's asshole, is
> that close enough to famous?

Say, wasn't s/he related to the alligator that grew to monstrous
proportions in the NYC cloaca?

--
Mark "met a very drunk John Elway in a bar onces, yawn" Shaw
"All of my mistakes are giving me ideas." - Natalie Lileks

Re: Who do you know that is famous?

<16k43ihdc6rbknn2qfntnum5u084dvh6ne@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=171&group=alt.folklore.urban#171

From: prufer.p...@mnet-online.de.invalid (Thomas Prufer)
Newsgroups: alt.folklore.urban
Date: Sun, 09 Apr 2023 07:45:13 +0200
 by: Thomas Prufer - Sun, 9 Apr 2023 05:45 UTC

On Sun, 9 Apr 2023 02:33:57 -0000 (UTC), Mark Shaw <mshaw@panix.com> wrote:

>Don Freeman <Don@cosmoslair.com> wrote:
>> On 4/5/2023 10:31 PM, cbusylol wrote:
>> > I worked night audit at a (now defunct) sort of hoity toity spa/resort in Utah. Louise Fletcher was a recurring guest (the nurse from one flew over the cuckoo's nest). Jon Lovitz was there once. Karl Malone from the NBA Jazz owned some of the property. One time Chris Evans checked in with his then girlfriend Jennifer Slate but under a fake name. She was instantly recognizable to me but he had a cap and a beard and hadn't realized it was him until I saw the credit card.
>> >
>> > Typically these people have handlers who take care of all the front desk and business rubbish for them but every now and then they'd make acquaintance at the desk and chit chat (Lovitz was off his face drunk)
>
>> I once knew this hamster that had crawled up some actor's asshole, is
>> that close enough to famous?
>
>Say, wasn't s/he related to the alligator that grew to monstrous
>proportions in the NYC cloaca?

Nope -- to the sewer pigs of London!

<https://www.atlasobscura.com/articles/london-sewer-pigs>

Thomas Prufer

Re: Who do you know that is famous?

<u11g8g$kc6$1@raid.furrfu.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=172&group=alt.folklore.urban#172

From: dre...@furrfu.invalid (Drew Lawson)
Newsgroups: alt.folklore.urban
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2023 17:16:00 -0000 (UTC)
Sender: drew@furrfu.invalid
 by: Drew Lawson - Mon, 10 Apr 2023 17:16 UTC

In article <16k43ihdc6rbknn2qfntnum5u084dvh6ne@4ax.com>
Thomas Prufer <prufer.public@mnet-online.de> writes:
>On Sun, 9 Apr 2023 02:33:57 -0000 (UTC), Mark Shaw <mshaw@panix.com> wrote:
>
>>Don Freeman <Don@cosmoslair.com> wrote:
>guest (the nurse from one flew over the cuckoo's nest). Jon Lovitz was there once. Karl Malone from the NBA Jazz
>owned some of the property. One time Chris Evans checked in with his then girlfriend Jennifer Slate but under a fake
>name. She was instantly recognizable to me but he had a cap and a beard and hadn't realized it was him until I saw
>the credit card.

>every now and then they'd make acquaintance at the desk and chit chat (Lovitz was off his face drunk)
>>
>>> I once knew this hamster that had crawled up some actor's asshole, is
>>> that close enough to famous?
>>
>>Say, wasn't s/he related to the alligator that grew to monstrous
>>proportions in the NYC cloaca?
>
>Nope -- to the sewer pigs of London!

"and his hair was perfect!"

--
Drew Lawson | Though it's just a memory,
| some memories last forever

Re: Who do you know that is famous?

<u11kmf$294vt$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=173&group=alt.folklore.urban#173

From: Don...@cosmoslair.com (Don Freeman)
Newsgroups: alt.folklore.urban
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2023 12:31:40 -0600
 by: Don Freeman - Mon, 10 Apr 2023 18:31 UTC

On 4/10/2023 11:16 AM, Drew Lawson wrote:
> In article <16k43ihdc6rbknn2qfntnum5u084dvh6ne@4ax.com>
> Thomas Prufer <prufer.public@mnet-online.de> writes:

>> guest (the nurse from one flew over the cuckoo's nest). Jon Lovitz was there once. Karl Malone from the NBA Jazz
>> owned some of the property. One time Chris Evans checked in with his then girlfriend Jennifer Slate but under a fake
>> name. She was instantly recognizable to me but he had a cap and a beard and hadn't realized it was him until I saw
>> the credit card.

>> every now and then they'd make acquaintance at the desk and chit chat (Lovitz was off his face drunk)

>>> Say, wasn't s/he related to the alligator that grew to monstrous
>>> proportions in the NYC cloaca?
>>
>> Nope -- to the sewer pigs of London!
>
> "and his hair was perfect!"

His breath... Not so much.