From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: Black sports announcer users black racial term on ESPN
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2022 04:05:04 -0600
 by: trotsky - Wed, 14 Dec 2022 10:05 UTC

On 12/13/22 11:24 PM, RichA wrote:
> Imagine if he'd been white!!
>
> ESPN football analyst Robert Griffin III used a racist slur in his defense of Philadelphia Eagles quarterback Jalen Hurts on “Monday Night Countdown.” (Watch the video below.)
>
> Griffin, a former Heisman Trophy winner who played quarterback in seven NFL seasons, had a message for critics of Hurts, who has led the Eagles to a 12-1 record.
>
> “People said that Jalen Hurts couldn’t get it done, he could not break from the pocket, he’s not the quarterback of the future,” Griffin said. “I think he proved all those jigaboos wrong.”
>
> The derogatory term for Black people has been around for ages and Griffin’s casual inclusion of it on the pregame show for “Monday Night Football” was a shocker.

It's a shocker especially since it wasn't just black people who were
likely criticizing Hurts. So to say he used a "racial slur" is
inaccurate/bad reporting. Sounds like ESPN alright.

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: Black sports announcer users black racial term on ESPN