Don't worry -- the brontosaurus is slow, stupid, and placid.

interests / rec.outdoors.rv-travel / Re: starlink fair use update - was Re: 7 Years For This "Tourist"

SubjectAuthor
* 7 Years For This "Tourist"kmiller
+- Re: 7 Years For This "Tourist"film...@gmail.com
`* Re: 7 Years For This "Tourist"bfh
 `* Re: 7 Years For This "Tourist"kmiller
  `* Re: 7 Years For This "Tourist"bfh
   `* Re: 7 Years For This "Tourist"kmiller
    `* Re: 7 Years For This "Tourist"bfh
     `* starlink fair use update - was Re: 7 Years For This "Tourist"bfh
      `* Re: starlink fair use update - was Re: 7 Years For This "Tourist"George.Anthony
       `* Re: starlink fair use update - was Re: 7 Years For This "Tourist"bfh
        `* Re: starlink fair use update - was Re: 7 Years For This "Tourist"George.Anthony
         `- Re: starlink fair use update - was Re: 7 Years For This "Tourist"bfh

1
7 Years For This "Tourist"

<1xednSyKSJlVG8H-nZ2dnZfqnPednZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=16961&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#16961

Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2022 18:50:03 -0700
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: i09...@removethisspamblockerstuff-yahoo.com (kmiller)
Subject: 7 Years For This "Tourist"
 by: kmiller - Sat, 29 Oct 2022 01:50 UTC

A Tennessee man who dragged a police officer into a mob of rioters,
initiating one of the most harrowing acts of violence during the U.S.
Capitol attack, was sentenced on Thursday to more than seven years in
prison.

Albuquerque Cosper Head declined to address the court before U.S.
District Judge Amy Berman Jackson sentenced him to seven years and six
months of imprisonment followed by three years of supervised release.
The judge said Head was responsible for “some of the darkest acts
committed on one of our nation’s darkest days.”

Head’s prison sentence is six months shy of the statutory maximum in his
case. It’s also the second-longest so far among hundreds of cases
arising from the Capitol siege on Jan. 6, 2021, when a mob of Trump
supporters stormed the building as Congress prepared to certify
President Joe Biden’s electoral victory.

“The dark shadow of tyranny unfortunately has not gone away,” Jackson
said. “There are people who are still disseminating the lie that the
election was stolen. They’re doing it today. And the people who are
stoking that anger for their own selfish purposes, they need to think
about the havoc they’ve wreaked, the lives they’ve ruined.”

Head engaged in some of the most barbaric violence during the Capitol
riot, repeatedly assaulting police officers who were guarding a tunnel
on the Lower West Terrace, according to prosecutors.

https://apnews.com/article/capitol-siege-prisons-amy-berman-jackson-government-and-politics-1b8f9881a4c4ed81c503157a682aff51

Somebody tossed some good spaghetti to get this retrumplican locked up!

Re: 7 Years For This "Tourist"

<83b72825-6688-49b7-8103-657aea922bd5n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=16963&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#16963

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2022 21:53:46 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: 7 Years For This "Tourist"
From: filmby...@gmail.com (film...@gmail.com)
 by: film...@gmail.com - Sat, 29 Oct 2022 04:53 UTC

On Friday, October 28, 2022 at 6:50:07 PM UTC-7, kmiller wrote:
> A Tennessee man who dragged a police officer into a mob of rioters,
> initiating one of the most harrowing acts of violence during the U.S.
> Capitol attack, was sentenced on Thursday to more than seven years in
> prison.
>
> Albuquerque Cosper Head declined to address the court before U.S.
> District Judge Amy Berman Jackson sentenced him to seven years and six
> months of imprisonment followed by three years of supervised release.
> The judge said Head was responsible for “some of the darkest acts
> committed on one of our nation’s darkest days.”
>
> Head’s prison sentence is six months shy of the statutory maximum in his
> case. It’s also the second-longest so far among hundreds of cases
> arising from the Capitol siege on Jan. 6, 2021, when a mob of Trump
> supporters stormed the building as Congress prepared to certify
> President Joe Biden’s electoral victory.
>
> “The dark shadow of tyranny unfortunately has not gone away,” Jackson
> said. “There are people who are still disseminating the lie that the
> election was stolen. They’re doing it today. And the people who are
> stoking that anger for their own selfish purposes, they need to think
> about the havoc they’ve wreaked, the lives they’ve ruined..”
>
> Head engaged in some of the most barbaric violence during the Capitol
> riot, repeatedly assaulting police officers who were guarding a tunnel
> on the Lower West Terrace, according to prosecutors.
>
> https://apnews.com/article/capitol-siege-prisons-amy-berman-jackson-government-and-politics-1b8f9881a4c4ed81c503157a682aff51
>
> Somebody tossed some good spaghetti to get this retrumplican locked up!

If YKW gets back in office again, he says he'll pardon them all....

Lady Justice Jr.

Re: 7 Years For This "Tourist"

<Td37L.837272$BKL8.578131@fx15.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=16964&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#16964

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: redy...@rye.net (bfh)
Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2022 01:53:55 -0400
 by: bfh - Sat, 29 Oct 2022 05:53 UTC

kmiller wrote:

> A Tennessee man who dragged a police officer into a mob of rioters,
> initiating one of the most harrowing acts of violence during the U.S.
> Capitol attack, was sentenced on Thursday to more than seven years in
> prison.
>
> Albuquerque Cosper Head declined to address the court before U.S.
> District Judge Amy Berman Jackson sentenced him to seven years and six
> months of imprisonment followed by three years of supervised release.
> The judge said Head was responsible for “some of the darkest acts
> committed on one of our nation’s darkest days.”
>
> Head’s prison sentence is six months shy of the statutory maximum in
> his case. It’s also the second-longest so far among hundreds of
> cases arising from the Capitol siege on Jan. 6, 2021, when a mob of
> Trump supporters stormed the building as Congress prepared to certify
> President Joe Biden’s electoral victory.
>
> “The dark shadow of tyranny unfortunately has not gone away,”
> Jackson said. “There are people who are still disseminating the lie
> that the election was stolen. They’re doing it today. And the people
> who are stoking that anger for their own selfish purposes, they need
> to think about the havoc they’ve wreaked, the lives they’ve
> ruined.”
>
> Head engaged in some of the most barbaric violence during the Capitol
> riot, repeatedly assaulting police officers who were guarding a tunnel
> on the Lower West Terrace, according to prosecutors.
>
> https://apnews.com/article/capitol-siege-prisons-amy-berman-jackson-government-and-politics-1b8f9881a4c4ed81c503157a682aff51
>

> Somebody tossed some good spaghetti to get this retrumplican locked up!

That's like saying, "Thank you Jesus!", when you ordered a filet
mignon, and they brought you a tofu burger......and they wasted some
rare efficacious spaghetti.

--
bill

Re: 7 Years For This "Tourist"

<1xednS-KSJm9t8D-nZ2dnZfqnPcAAAAA@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=16967&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#16967

Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2022 06:26:57 -0700
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: i09...@removethisspamblockerstuff-yahoo.com (kmiller)
 by: kmiller - Sat, 29 Oct 2022 13:26 UTC

On 10/28/2022 10:53 PM, bfh wrote:
> kmiller wrote:
>>
>> A Tennessee man who dragged a police officer into a mob of rioters,
>> initiating one of the most harrowing acts of violence during the U.S.
>> Capitol attack, was sentenced on Thursday to more than seven years in
>> prison.
>>
>> Albuquerque Cosper Head declined to address the court before U.S.
>> District Judge Amy Berman Jackson sentenced him to seven years and six
>> months of imprisonment followed by three years of supervised release.
>> The judge said Head was responsible for “some of the darkest acts
>> committed on one of our nation’s darkest days.”
>>
>> Head’s prison sentence is six months shy of the statutory maximum in
>> his case. It’s also the second-longest so far among hundreds of
>> cases arising from the Capitol siege on Jan. 6, 2021, when a mob of
>> Trump supporters stormed the building as Congress prepared to certify
>> President Joe Biden’s electoral victory.
>>
>> “The dark shadow of tyranny unfortunately has not gone away,”
>> Jackson said. “There are people who are still disseminating the lie
>> that the election was stolen. They’re doing it today. And the people
>> who are stoking that anger for their own selfish purposes, they need
>> to think about the havoc they’ve wreaked, the lives they’ve
>> ruined.”
>>
>> Head engaged in some of the most barbaric violence during the Capitol
>> riot, repeatedly assaulting police officers who were guarding a tunnel
>> on the Lower West Terrace, according to prosecutors.
>>
>> https://apnews.com/article/capitol-siege-prisons-amy-berman-jackson-government-and-politics-1b8f9881a4c4ed81c503157a682aff51
>>
>> Somebody tossed some good spaghetti to get this retrumplican locked up!
>
> That's like saying, "Thank you Jesus!", when you ordered a filet mignon,
> and they brought you a tofu burger......and they wasted some rare
> efficacious spaghetti.

Sometimes, that tangled web you weave is much too tangled to be
perceived - so to speak, and I'm not just whistling Dixie though I might
be slinging the arrows of outrageous misfortune.

Re: 7 Years For This "Tourist"

<Tnd7L.297495$IRd5.296561@fx10.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=16968&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#16968

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: redy...@rye.net (bfh)
Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2022 13:27:15 -0400
 by: bfh - Sat, 29 Oct 2022 17:27 UTC

kmiller wrote:
> On 10/28/2022 10:53 PM, bfh wrote:
>> kmiller wrote:
>>>
>>> A Tennessee man who dragged a police officer into a mob of rioters,
>>> initiating one of the most harrowing acts of violence during the
>>> U.S. Capitol attack, was sentenced on Thursday to more than seven
>>> years in prison.
>>>
>>> Albuquerque Cosper Head declined to address the court before U.S.
>>> District Judge Amy Berman Jackson sentenced him to seven years and
>>> six months of imprisonment followed by three years of supervised
>>> release. The judge said Head was responsible for “some of the
>>> darkest acts committed on one of our nation’s darkest
>>> days.”
>>>
>>> Head’s prison sentence is six months shy of the statutory
>>> maximum in his case. It’s also the second-longest so far
>>> among hundreds of cases arising from the Capitol siege on Jan. 6,
>>> 2021, when a mob of Trump supporters stormed the building as
>>> Congress prepared to certify President Joe Biden’s electoral
>>> victory.
>>>
>>> “The dark shadow of tyranny unfortunately has not gone
>>> away,” Jackson said. “There are people who are still
>>> disseminating the lie that the election was stolen. They’re
>>> doing it today. And the people who are stoking that anger for their
>>> own selfish purposes, they need to think about the havoc
>>> they’ve wreaked, the lives they’ve ruined.”
>>>
>>> Head engaged in some of the most barbaric violence during the
>>> Capitol riot, repeatedly assaulting police officers who were
>>> guarding a tunnel on the Lower West Terrace, according to prosecutors.
>>>
>>> https://apnews.com/article/capitol-siege-prisons-amy-berman-jackson-government-and-politics-1b8f9881a4c4ed81c503157a682aff51
>>>

>>> Somebody tossed some good spaghetti to get this retrumplican locked
>>> up!
>>
>> That's like saying, "Thank you Jesus!", when you ordered a filet
>> mignon, and they brought you a tofu burger......and they wasted some
>> rare efficacious spaghetti.
>>

> Sometimes, that tangled web you weave is much too tangled to be
> perceived - so to speak, and I'm not just whistling Dixie though I
> might be slinging the arrows of outrageous misfortune.

So look.....at the end of the day going, like, you know, forward, I
allege that you're not as smart as I like, you know, thought you were.
So in the passage of time, I'm going to have to, like, you know,
reorient and literally revisit the calculus of my metrics of your
intellectual efficaciousness in the current context of your responses
to my responses.

Meanwhile, things Starlinkish are transitorily looking up over here in
Crackerland. My average download speed for October is 100.32727. Must
be related to all those additional sats that Musk has put into the sky
recently. Also, starlink.sx alleges that I regularly have 7-9 sats in
range up there, whereas I used to have only 3-4. And optimistically
assuming that the magic dishy automatically switches from an
obstructed sat to an unobstructed one when necessary, I speculate that
my obstructionist pine trees will be rendered less efficacious in the
passage of time.

A few minutes ago:
Download Mbps
170.55
Upload Mbps
9.57
Ping ms 43

--
bill

Re: 7 Years For This "Tourist"

<sLycnSjnW6RNR8D-nZ2dnZfqn_qdnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=16970&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#16970

Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2022 19:00:51 -0700
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: i09...@removethisspamblockerstuff-yahoo.com (kmiller)
 by: kmiller - Sun, 30 Oct 2022 02:00 UTC

On 10/29/2022 10:27 AM, bfh wrote:
> kmiller wrote:

>>> That's like saying, "Thank you Jesus!", when you ordered a filet
>>> mignon, and they brought you a tofu burger......and they wasted some
>>> rare efficacious spaghetti.
>>>

>> Sometimes, that tangled web you weave is much too tangled to be
>> perceived - so to speak, and I'm not just whistling Dixie though I
>> might be slinging the arrows of outrageous misfortune.
>
> So look.....at the end of the day going, like, you know, forward, I
> allege that you're not as smart as I like, you know, thought you were.
> So in the passage of time, I'm going to have to, like, you know,
> reorient and literally revisit the calculus of my metrics of your
> intellectual efficaciousness in the current context of your responses to
> my responses.
>
> Meanwhile, things Starlinkish are transitorily looking up over here in
> Crackerland. My average download speed for October is 100.32727. Must be
> related to all those additional sats that Musk has put into the sky
> recently. Also, starlink.sx alleges that I regularly have 7-9 sats in
> range up there, whereas I used to have only 3-4. And optimistically
> assuming that the magic dishy automatically switches from an obstructed
> sat to an unobstructed one when necessary, I speculate that my
> obstructionist pine trees will be rendered less efficacious in the
> passage of time.

That may not last:

It looks like SpaceX is preparing to impose high-speed data caps for
Starlink users in the US, possibly to address congestion woes facing the
satellite internet service.

The company quietly added a section to the Starlink terms of
service(Opens in a new window) that discusses potentially slowing down
internet speeds for subscribers once they exceed a monthly limit, which
was noticed by(Opens in a new window) a user on Reddit.

According to the new policy, residential Starlink users will receive a
“monthly allocation of ‘Priority Access,’" with fast internet speeds.
But once they exceed an unspecified limit, speeds could be reduced if
the surrounding area is already full of other data-hungry Starlink
subscribers.

“Under such plan, after you have used your monthly limit of Priority
Access data, you will continue to have an unlimited amount of ‘Basic
Data’ for the remainder of your billing cycle,” the company says. “With
‘Basic Data’ your access will no longer be prioritized over traffic
generated by other customers during periods of network congestion.”

Speeds for the Basic Data plan could get slow enough that the policy
warns: "In times of network congestion, users with Basic Access may
experience slower speeds and reduced performance compared to Priority
Access, which may result in degradation or unavailability of certain
third-party services or applications."

https://www.pcmag.com/news/spacexs-starlink-quietly-mentions-high-speed-data-caps-are-coming-for-us

You might want to get the chainsaw out. He's gotta pay for Tweetster
somehow.

> A few minutes ago:
> Download Mbps
> 170.55
> Upload Mbps
> 9.57
> Ping ms 43

Re: 7 Years For This "Tourist"

<Gbm7L.640355$6Il8.349804@fx14.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=16972&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#16972

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: redy...@rye.net (bfh)
Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2022 23:28:37 -0400
 by: bfh - Sun, 30 Oct 2022 03:28 UTC

kmiller wrote:
> On 10/29/2022 10:27 AM, bfh wrote:
>> kmiller wrote:

>>> Sometimes, that tangled web you weave is much too tangled to be
>>> perceived - so to speak, and I'm not just whistling Dixie though I
>>> might be slinging the arrows of outrageous misfortune.
>>
>> So look.....at the end of the day going, like, you know, forward, I
>> allege that you're not as smart as I like, you know, thought you
>> were. So in the passage of time, I'm going to have to, like, you
>> know, reorient and literally revisit the calculus of my metrics of
>> your intellectual efficaciousness in the current context of your
>>
>> Meanwhile, things Starlinkish are transitorily looking up over here
>> in Crackerland. My average download speed for October is 100.32727.
>> Must be related to all those additional sats that Musk has put into
>> the sky recently. Also, starlink.sx alleges that I regularly have
>> 7-9 sats in range up there, whereas I used to have only 3-4. And
>> optimistically assuming that the magic dishy automatically switches
>> from an obstructed sat to an unobstructed one when necessary, I
>> speculate that my obstructionist pine trees will be rendered less
>> efficacious in the passage of time.
>
> That may not last:
>
> It looks like SpaceX is preparing to impose high-speed data caps for
> Starlink users in the US, possibly to address congestion woes facing
> the satellite internet service.
>
> The company quietly added a section to the Starlink terms of
> service(Opens in a new window) that discusses potentially slowing down
> internet speeds for subscribers once they exceed a monthly limit,
> which was noticed by(Opens in a new window) a user on Reddit.
>
> According to the new policy, residential Starlink users will receive a
> “monthly allocation of ‘Priority Access,’" with fast internet
> speeds. But once they exceed an unspecified limit, speeds could be
> reduced if the surrounding area is already full of other data-hungry
> Starlink subscribers.

Since it's an unspecified limit, maybe I can self-specify my limit.

> “Under such plan, after you have used your monthly limit of Priority
> Access data, you will continue to have an unlimited amount of ‘Basic
> Data’ for the remainder of your billing cycle,” the company says.
> “With ‘Basic Data’ your access will no longer be prioritized
> over traffic generated by other customers during periods of network
> congestion.”
>
> Speeds for the Basic Data plan could get slow enough that the policy
> warns: "In times of network congestion, users with Basic Access may
> experience slower speeds and reduced performance compared to Priority
> Access, which may result in degradation or unavailability of certain
> third-party services or applications."

Maybe it won't affect me too much. Since March, I'm averaging 47
gigs/month, with a high of 62 back in May. And you left this part out
(probably in a pathetic and vindictive attempt to increase my average
angst):
"Your usage between 11PM and 7AM will not count toward Priority Access
data limits."

If literally necessary, I can make minor alterations to my usual usage
times to reschedule heavy use to after 11PM. I'm usually up until
4-5AM anyway.......
....................oh wait. I just poked around and found this:
---------------------------------------
The fair use policy stipulates that all users will continue to have
unlimited data, with priority given to users consuming 250GB data or
less, the report said, citing an email sent to French customers of
Starlink. Those whose data usage exceeds 250GB/month may experience
slower speeds during periods of network congestion.
--------------------------------------
Unless that just applies to France, this discussion just became
irrelevant for me. Even if I stayed up for 22 hours out of every 24, I
don't think I could figure out a way to efficaciously use 250 gigs/month.

> https://www.pcmag.com/news/spacexs-starlink-quietly-mentions-high-speed-data-caps-are-coming-for-us
>

> You might want to get the chainsaw out. He's gotta pay for Tweetster
> somehow.

I don't know exactly how Starlink works, but I speculate that
throttling me will not include reducing the number of sats that I can
use. If that's the case, throttling me won't have anything to do with
my obstructionist trees. With all those additional sats up there - and
with more coming - I'm down to about 30 sec of obstruction in a
12-hour period. Besides, my wife likes the longleaf pines, and if I
cut anymore down, she'll be the one doing the throttling.

--
bill

starlink fair use update - was Re: 7 Years For This "Tourist"

<9xi9L.15907$Jjx8.3772@fx15.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=17055&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#17055

Subject: starlink fair use update - was Re: 7 Years For This "Tourist"
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: redy...@rye.net (bfh)
Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2022 20:56:36 -0400
 by: bfh - Sat, 5 Nov 2022 00:56 UTC

bfh wrote:
> [...]
> irrelevant for me. Even if I stayed up for 22 hours out of every 24, I
> don't think I could figure out a way to efficaciously use 250 gigs/month.
>
>> https://www.pcmag.com/news/spacexs-starlink-quietly-mentions-high-speed-data-caps-are-coming-for-us
>>

>> You might want to get the chainsaw out. He's gotta pay for Tweetster
>> somehow.
>
> I don't know exactly how Starlink works, but I speculate that
> throttling me will not include reducing the number of sats that I can
> use. If that's the case, throttling me won't have anything to do with
> my obstructionist trees. With all those additional sats up there - and
> with more coming - I'm down to about 30 sec of obstruction in a
> 12-hour period. Besides, my wife likes the longleaf pines, and if I
> cut anymore down, she'll be the one doing the throttling.

Click here to read the complete article
Re: starlink fair use update - was Re: 7 Years For This "Tourist"

<tk5lbo$2ev95$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=17063&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#17063

From: ganth...@gmail.net (George.Anthony)
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Sat, 5 Nov 2022 12:36:08 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:eW2Q7f1MCRYo8Md/+0vKZZmv/m4=
 by: George.Anthony - Sat, 5 Nov 2022 12:36 UTC

<crw9L.20595$1449.17144@fx14.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=17069&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#17069

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: redy...@rye.net (bfh)
Date: Sat, 5 Nov 2022 12:45:59 -0400
 by: bfh - Sat, 5 Nov 2022 16:45 UTC

George.Anthony wrote:
> [...]
>> 10% of users) will automatically be switched to Basic Access for the
>> remainder of the billing cycle, which means their data usage will be
>> deprioritized during times of network congestion, resulting in slower
>> speeds.
>>
>> Data used between 11pm - 7am will not count towards your Priority Access.
>>
>> Starting today, you can now monitor your data usage on your account
>> page. Read more in Starlink’s Fair Use policy and in the Terms of
>> Service.
>>
>> Thank you for being an early customer and for your continued support
>> of Starlink!
>>
>> Starlink Team
>>
>> 1 TB per month limit to worry about?
>> HawHawHaw!
>> I've only used about 350 gigs since I turned the thing on back in Feb.
>>

> You need to stream more porn… or cat videos.

I didn't know that cat porn even existed.

Click here to read the complete article
Re: starlink fair use update - was Re: 7 Years For This "Tourist"

<tk66bb$2ir87$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=17070&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#17070

From: ganth...@gmail.net (George.Anthony)
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Sat, 5 Nov 2022 17:26:03 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:Agl3+nuhpdjmB3Qz0ZJi32k09XY=
 by: George.Anthony - Sat, 5 Nov 2022 17:26 UTC

<gBx9L.26216$8ga9.3625@fx18.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=17071&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#17071

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel