Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.politics.eu,alt.politics,alt.military,alt.politics.usa
From: 25BZ...@nada.net (25.BX944)
Subject: Kyiv - (claimed) - Russians are Freezing/Starving & Locals Regain
Ground
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2022 23:46:28 -0400
 by: 25.BX944 - Wed, 23 Mar 2022 03:46 UTC

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/world-news/2022/03/22/russians-retreat-ukrainian-troops-regain-key-territory/

Russians in retreat, blighted by frostbite and casualties, as
Ukrainian troops regain key territory

Moscow's forces suffer setbacks in areas including Makariv,
near Kyiv, raising fears a desperate Vladimir Putin may turn
to chemical weapons

.. . .

Sounds like they're HOPING he uses nerve gas or
a tac-nuke .....

In any case, this - IF true - strongly suggests the Russians
have SERIOUS supply-line and logistical issues that are leaving
their troops as sitting ducks for Ukrainian offensives.

The word was, a good week ago, that Russia was just about to
totally invade Kyiv and Maripol. However, instead, the fight
goes on, Russia has yet to properly encircle and dispose of
these resistance points and Ukrainian morale and military
effectiveness has not been broken. In short, Putin's plans
are going all to shit and his troops may be nearing the
point of mutiny.

The wise Ukrainian tactic of targeting high-ranking officers
has paid off too - "Who's In Charge ?", "Who's Legit Command ?"
makes a BIG difference when it comes to the cohesion of an army.
Power, and fear of, flows top to bottom. Create gaps, firebreaks,
and things go to hell very quickly.

Kyiv and other Ukrainian cities are going to be the
new Staligrads - defended forever, an eternal battle
for the ruins until the enemy is spent, steely resolve.
Ukraine cannot forgive Russia after it's outrightly
homicidal campaign against any and all. That's the
kind of hate that eventually yields victory.

Oh yea, what do WE do if Putin DOES use nerve gas or
a tac-nuke on Kyiv ??? I fear we'll just have to
bitch & moan .... because there are no winners (or
human civ) if we go much further. This is mostly
up to the Ukranians. The best we can do is keep
them well-supplied and informed with our best
intelligence. We have spies, and spy sats, out
the ass.

Anyway, it doesn't matter if Kyiv is evaporated ...
the other areas of the country will continue the
fight. Kyiv is just one place ......