Newsgroups: alt.radio.talk,alt.current-events.russia,alt.politics,alt.politics.usa
Subject: On Tuesday's Mark Levin Show
From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2022 21:05:00 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Wed, 23 Mar 2022 01:05 UTC

On Tuesday�s Mark Levin Show, Putin distributed a clear-eyed look at his
goals to restore the ancient Russian Empire (Rus). Putin believes that Kyiv
is the mother of all cities and brings together Lithuania, Bosnia, Latvia,
Ukraine, and other former Soviet states that, at the time in the 4th Century,
shared a common language and faith. Putin claims that Polandization and
Latinization have impacted this culture over the centuries and intimates that
this must be reversed. In response, Zelensky has shut down several political
parties and newspapers to retaliate against Ukrainians that embrace the
Russian language and culture that Putin espouses. Lincoln did similar during
the Civil War to keep America whole during the first battle of Bull Run.
Then, Zelensky banned antisemitism in Ukraine yet is still blamed for being a
neo-Nazi because the Azov Battalion has been hired to fight pro-Russian
forces. The Nazi narrative is a propaganda effort from the Kremlin. Later, on
the second day of Judge Ketanji Brown Jackson�s Supreme Court confirmation
hearing, she�s indicated that she�s contained to the text of the
Constitution. Judge Jackson dodged a question on substantive due process
revealing her bent as a judicial activist.

Rough transcript of Hour 1

Hour 1 Segment 1

Several big subjects today, of course. The Supreme Court, the loss of Disney
World is a family friendly place and more. But let me begin with this. I�ve
now done more studying about the history of Ukraine than I ever thought I
would in my life. I�ve always studied the history of Russia so far, but the
history of Ukraine, just Ukraine. Furthermore. The article by Vladimir Putin
on, quote, The historical unity of Russians and Ukrainians that he published
on July 12, 2021 and he distributed. On July 12, 2021. Gives you a a laser
view into this man. He�s not trying to recreate the Soviet Union. He is going
back to the fourteen hundreds to the 1400�s. He says Russians, Ukrainians and
Belarusians are all descendants of ancient Rus, which was the largest state
in Europe, Slavic and other tribes across the vast territory from Lakotah to
Novgorod and possibly Kiev and Chernof, were bound together by one language,
which we now refer to as old Russian economic ties. The rule of the princes
of the Rurik Dynasty and after the baptism of Rus, the Orthodox faith, the
spiritual choice made by St.. Vladimir, who was both Prince and Novgorod and
Grand Prince of Kiev, still largely determines our affinity today. The throne
of Kiev held a dominant position in ancient Rus, this has been the custom
since the late 19th century that tell a bygone years captured by posterity
the worlds of Oleg and Prophet about Kiev let it be the mother of all Russian
cities. Later, like other European states of that time, ancient Rus faced a
decline of central rule on fragmentation. At the same time, both the nobility
and common people served Russia as a common territory, as their homeland. And
he goes on and on and on. The southern and western Russian lands largely
became part of the grand Dushanbe, Lithuania, which most significantly was
referred to in historical records as the grand Russia of Lithuania and
Russia. So Lithuania, Bosnia, Latvia. Ukraine. Most importantly, and I�m
skipping around both in the western and eastern Russian land, spoke the same
language. Their faith was Orthodox. Up to the middle of the 15th century, the
unified church government remained in place. And the Grand Duke, Lithuania,
other processes were unfolding in the 14th century, Lithuania�s ruling elite
converted to Catholicism in the 16th century, signed the Union of Lubman with
the Kingdom of Poland to form the Polish Lithuania Commonwealth. The Polish
Catholic nobility received considerable landholdings and privileges in the
territory of Rut�s C. He claims Poland in accordance with the fifteen ninety
six union abreast, part of the western Russian Orthodox clergy, submitted to
the authority of the Pope. The process of Poland ization and Latinization
began ousting Orthodoxy. Got it. As a consequence, in the 16th, 17th
centuries, the liberation movement of the orthodox population was gaining
strength and denied region, the events during the times of Hetman Boldon
Leonski became a turning point. His supporters struggled for autonomy from
the Polish Lithuanian Commonwealth. Why? Because they were russets. That�s
why that is Russians, he�s claiming. And it�s 16 49 appeal to the king of
Polish Lithuanian commonwealth, the Zapara Zeien host demanded that the
rights of the Russian Orthodox population be respected, that the vote widow
of Kiev be Russian and the Greek faith, and that the persecution of the
churches of God be stopped. But the Cossacks were not heard. You get it
moving down quick, it�s a very long piece, it�s nearly 6000 words, so
obviously he didn�t pull us together himself, but he obviously believes in.
But he goes on, over the course of the protracted war between the Russian
state and the Polish Lithuanian Commonwealth, which he claims was always
Russian, some of the Heckman�s successes, abiding Kamensky, would detach
themselves from Moscow or seek support from Sweden, Poland or Turkey. But
again, for the people, that was a war of liberation. It ended with the truce
of Andreassen in 16 67. The final outcome was sealed by the Treaty of
Perpetual Peace. In 16 86, the Russian state incorporated, the city of Kiev
and the lands on the left bank of the of the Juniper River, including Poltava
region Chenega region and suppress. Their inhabitants were reunited with the
main part of the Russian Orthodox people. These territories referred to as
Molalla, Russia or Little Russia. The name Ukraine was used more often in the
meaning of the old Russian word. Oh, crania, periphery. On the right bank,
which remained under the Polish Lithuanian commonwealth, the old orders were
restored and social and religious oppression intensified. During the Great
Northern War with Sweden, the people of Melanesia were not faced with a
choice of whom to side with. Only a small portion of the Cossacks supported
the rebellion, and he goes on about the second half of the 18th century. How
the Black Sea region really belongs to the Russians. How the Russian empire
regained the western old Russian lands, with the exception of Colation Trans
Carpathia, which became part of the Austrian and later Austro Hungarian
empire. The incorporation of the western Russian lands into the single state,
he wrote, was not merely the result of political and diplomatic decisions, it
was underlain by the common fate, shared cultural traditions. And I would
like to emphasize once again language similarity, he says. And he goes on
about the western lands of the Russian empire, Crimea, how Crimea was part of
it, and it just keeps expanding and expanding and expanding. Ladies and
gentlemen. This is why I say, why won�t people read this article? Because if
they read this article, I know it takes a little bit more time than spewing
talking points. Or shibboleths or projecting one�s own perceived ideological
preferences. But I don�t do that, I try to study these issues and also I
reach down into my soul and heart and use my head to figure out what�s taking
place. This isn�t an ideological thing for me. Why would it be? So Putin has
been claiming Ukraine, Crimea, really most of Eastern Europe, quite frankly.
And he makes it abundantly clear not only in this essay, but in other
statements. In other statements now, it�s actually quite interesting, a lot
has been said about Zolensky shutting down 11. Ukrainian political parties
the other day, I make no excuses for that, I don�t celebrate that. I will
tell you that all of them combined got about 18 percent of the vote last
time. So the question is, why would he do that? It�s unnecessary, right?
Well, part of the reason is many of them had the strong connections to the
regime in Russia, not all, but many, particularly the main opposition, which
has about 40 seats in and over 400 member of parliament. Maybe that�s one of
the reasons. Apparently also shut down a handful of newspapers. I would have
liked to know about those newspapers. What are those newspapers? Folks, you
need to understand that the Russians, the Wagner Group and all the rest of
it, they have been secreting themselves into that country now for decades,
particularly under Putin. They�ve had active militia activity taking place in
that country. There�s been sabotage, constant sabotage, and so while we hear
surface level arguments, we don�t know exactly what�s going on. But there�s
not a country in the face of the earth that�s had smooth sailing when they�re
trying to set up a republic or a democracy, as Ukraine has tried to do since
the Soviet Union fell and as Russia�s been undermining since the Soviet Union
found, Vladimir Putin took over. None are perfect. I think we can all agree
that Abraham Lincoln was, if not the greatest, certainly one of the greatest
presidents in American history for many, many reasons. We wouldn�t have
America, but for his leadership, we wouldn�t have ended slavery as we did,
but for his leadership and I can go on. And his assassination reverberated
for generations in this country. But Abraham Lincoln suspended habeas corpus
under the Constitution, only Congress has the power to do that. Congress
later came around and suspended it, but he suspended it first and I�ve
explained this to you before, he did it because they couldn�t get the
Massachusetts militia down to Washington, D.C., to defend the city against
the Confederacy, which had just won what would become the first battle of
bull run. And there they were across the Potomac River, a proverbial stone�s
throw from the national capital. And the rioters in Baltimore, many of whom
were sympathetic to the Confederacy and slavery because Maryland was was
split. They were viciously and violently attacking the and they way
outnumbered the Massachusetts militia that was trying to reach Washington to
encircle and protect it. So Lincoln ordered anybody that interfered with them
locked up in the work complaints raised, and he said, if we don�t get this
done, there won�t be any courts to defend, there won�t be any courts to hear
their claims anyway. Again, I�m not a special player, I�m making a point. His
secretary of war, Stanton. Shut down nearly 200 newspapers, some temporarily,
some permanently during the course of the war. Again, I�m not celebrating
this, I�m pointing it out. Now, what Zolensky has not done is not had
journalists assassinated, political opponents assassinated, people who will
not provide certain huge sums of money to him and his friends and his family
assassinated or political opponents assassinated. Putin has had scores of
people assassinated scores. And we�ll see how often the Putin wing of the
Republican Party, the Democrat Party and the media speak out today and
explain that. His judge. Today, actually, yesterday, I guess, sentenced
Alexei Navalny, the number one opposition leader against Putin, to another
nine years in prison. So he�ll be serving a total of 11 and a half years on
trumped up charges of corruption. Trumped up charges of corruption. He had
him thrown in the. Prison and in a phony hearing, he was sentenced to nine
and a half more years or nine more years. Trumped up charges of embezzlement
and contempt of court yesterday, Judge Marguerita Kotov announced the
verdict. According to agency France Presse, the French press agency Cordeaux
found him guilty of being disrespectful to the court. The sentence extension
was announced shortly after the verdict. According to the Moscow Times, he�d
been accused of stealing several million dollars worth of donations from the
anti-corruption foundation. Prosecution in the case last week demanded that
Navalny sentence be extended to 13 years, that he�d be moved to a strict
regime penal colony, and that he�d pay a fine of one point two million rubles
or eleven thousand five hundred. He is the anti-corruption activist. He had
already been imprisoned for two and a half years at a detention center, and
it goes on and on. He had been a mayoral candidate, a presidential candidate.
He said his treatment was politically clean, lighted by Putin�s regime. Yes,
of course it was. And by the way, he was poisoned a few years ago to. He
almost died, he came back to Russia to run for office against Putin. Putin
denies doing that, too. I�ll be right back.

Click here to read the complete article

interests / alt.politics / On Tuesday's Mark Levin Show