Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2022 18:55:34 -0800
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: i09...@removethisspamblockerstuff-yahoo.com (kmiller)
Subject: Orange Goon On The Ballot In 2024
 by: kmiller - Wed, 16 Nov 2022 02:55 UTC

Former President Donald Trump has officially launched a campaign for
president in 2024, filing papers with the FEC declaring himself a
candidate for the presidency and establishing a campaign committee.

“I am tonight announcing my candidacy for president of the United
States,” Trump said in a speech at his Florida private club.
The announcement comes just a week after Republicans lost key midterm
races, prompting some in the party to blame Trump.

The dynamics of a 2024 GOP primary have shifted dramatically in the past
week, after newly reelected Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis emerged as a
serious likely challenger to Trump.

Should Trump win the Republican nomination, he will likely face
President Joe Biden in a rematch of the 2020 presidential contest, which
Trump still falsely claims he won.

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/11/15/trump-news-trump-launches-2024-presidential-campaign-in-a-bid-to-seize-early-momentum.html

One wonders how he can even stand up given all the spaghetti he's
wearing! HawHawHaw!

Re: Orange Goon On The Ballot In 2024

<de169c60-a23c-466a-a0b2-9cb3533c5226n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=17151&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#17151

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2022 12:00:59 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: Orange Goon On The Ballot In 2024
From: filmby...@gmail.com (film...@gmail.com)
 by: film...@gmail.com - Wed, 16 Nov 2022 20:00 UTC

On Wednesday, November 16, 2022 at 8:57:45 AM UTC-8, Technobarbarian wrote:
> [...]
>
> They added: "When The Eagles sang 'you can check out any time you like,
> but you can never leave' they were talking about Mar-A-Lago."
>
> Journalist Victoria Brownworth tweeted, "The Mar-a-Lago crowd was so
> disenchanted with Donald Trump's announcement that he was running for
> president for a third time that they tried to leave. Trump's security
> team blocked the exits so they could not. Quite the metaphor for the GOP."
>
> Democratic strategist Max Burns wrote, "It has a certain Hugo Chavez
> vibe to it."
>
> Tennis great Martina Navratilova mocked: "Lol- the land of the free…"
>
> Priorities USA's Chris Strider observed, "He tried to hold the country
> hostage. Now he's trying to hold his own supporters hostage.""
>
> https://www.rawstory.com/trump-mocked-after-reporters-video-appears-to-show-his-captive-mar-a-lago-audience-blocked-from-exiting-speech/
>
> "Trump's low-energy reset"
>
> "Advisers knew former President Trump, bleeding support among
> Republicans for his wild antics over the past week, needed a reset
> during last night's 2024 announcement. So the text was deliberately low-key.
>
> The big picture: Trump's delivery was so restrained, even languid, that
> it was widely derided as "low energy" — Trump's devastating jab at
> former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush during the 2016 primaries.
>
> The tightly scripted, staff-driven speech reflected Trump's weakened
> position post-midterms. None of the cocky swagger and energy of his 2016
> announcement.
>
> This was a nostalgic, glory-days speech — Trump playing the hits.
>
> He painted an apocalyptic picture of American decline under President Biden.
>
> But Trump has done this schtick so many times before that he seemed
> bored by the text.
>
> It's not unusual for him to be bored by the words in his teleprompter.
> But his tone was flatter than usual. Even his ad-libs were low energy."
> [snip]
>
> Advisers knew former President Trump, bleeding support among Republicans
> for his wild antics over the past week, needed a reset during last
> night's 2024 announcement. So the text was deliberately low-key.
>
> The big picture: Trump's delivery was so restrained, even languid, that
> it was widely derided as "low energy" — Trump's devastating jab at
> former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush during the 2016 primaries.
>
> The tightly scripted, staff-driven speech reflected Trump's weakened
> position post-midterms. None of the cocky swagger and energy of his 2016
> announcement.
>
> This was a nostalgic, glory-days speech — Trump playing the hits.
>
> He painted an apocalyptic picture of American decline under President Biden.
>
> But Trump has done this schtick so many times before that he seemed
> bored by the text.
>
> It's not unusual for him to be bored by the words in his teleprompter.
> But his tone was flatter than usual. Even his ad-libs were low energy.

I have no doubt the main reason for Trump's candidacy, is for the fund raising possibilities... That's why he announced his campaign so early. He wants to "make hay while the sun shines", and rake in every dollar he can from his Presidential bid while the opportunity is there! He also wants the candidate mantle for any imagined legal advantage it might be, against the slew of charges forthcoming against him, and his operation, as a martyr for freedom... HawHawHaw!

Ann Ryand Jr.

Re: Orange Goon On The Ballot In 2024

<499011da-b4e2-4b9f-89eb-c0588867ee83n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=17152&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#17152

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2022 15:05:39 -0800 (PST)
From: dm.call...@gmail.com (dm_callier)
 by: dm_callier - Wed, 16 Nov 2022 23:05 UTC

On Wednesday, November 16, 2022 at 12:45:35 PM UTC-8, Technobarbarian wrote:
<TheBigSnip>
> I like that slogan. "Been there, Don that."
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-eclUz-RYI

I want the hat, in any color except red, of course.

BTDT is a lot better than M(ake)A(merica)G(runt)A(again), for sure.

Enjoy the day,
dmc

Re: Orange Goon On The Ballot In 2024

<a3b79f15-ff07-4854-a659-a2ea938adcc1n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=17156&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#17156

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2022 21:04:22 -0800 (PST)
From: filmby...@gmail.com (film...@gmail.com)
 by: film...@gmail.com - Thu, 17 Nov 2022 05:04 UTC

On Wednesday, November 16, 2022 at 7:01:52 PM UTC-8, Technobarbarian wrote:
> On 11/16/2022 3:05 PM, dm_callier wrote:
> > On Wednesday, November 16, 2022 at 12:45:35 PM UTC-8, Technobarbarian wrote:
> > <TheBigSnip>
> >> I like that slogan. "Been there, Don that."
> >>
> >> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-eclUz-RYI
> >>
> > I want the hat, in any color except red, of course.
> >
> > BTDT is a lot better than M(ake)A(merica)G(runt)A(again), for sure.
> >
> > Enjoy the day,
> > dmc
> He has made America groan--Again? The new slogan might be MAGAGA.
>
> "Donald Trump Makes People Gag With Potential New Slogan For 2024
>
> Twitter users mockingly suggested Donald Trump debuted a new campaign
> slogan during his 2024 run launch on Tuesday night.
>
> “In order to make America great and glorious again I’m announcing my
> candidacy for President of the United States,” Trump declared at his
> Mar-a-Lago estate in Palm Beach, Florida.
>
> Wags on social media joked that “Make America Great And Glorious Again”
> ― or MAGAGA ― would replace Trump’s “Make America Great Again” MAGA
> acronym from 2016.
>
> “The hats’ll have to say MAGAGA - make America great and glorious again.
> If it makes you gag, get used to it,” cracked Harvard constitutional law
> professor Laurence Tribe."
>
> https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/donald-trump-makes-people-gag-with-potential-new-slogan-for-2024/ar-AA14aLBU?li=BBnbfcL
>
> The upside is that all the good little retrumplicans will have to
> buy new hats. lol
>
> TB

It would be smart merchandizing to marget a new Trump motto cap... After all, what Trumper would want to be seen, failing to keep up with the latest "Trump fashion"...

Oscar Wilde Jr.

Re: Orange Goon On The Ballot In 2024

<93ea5f74-381f-4546-8f72-e740e45bdda3n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=17173&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#17173

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2022 12:53:56 -0800 (PST)
From: syad...@gmail.com (m syadoz)
 by: m syadoz - Fri, 18 Nov 2022 20:53 UTC

On Wednesday, November 16, 2022 at 5:05:41 PM UTC-6, dm_callier wrote:
> On Wednesday, November 16, 2022 at 12:45:35 PM UTC-8, Technobarbarian wrote:
> <TheBigSnip>
> > I like that slogan. "Been there, Don that."
> >
> > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-eclUz-RYI
> >
> I want the hat, in any color except red, of course.
>
> BTDT is a lot better than M(ake)A(merica)G(runt)A(again), for sure.
>
> Enjoy the day,
> dmc

Happy special counsel day

Trump tweeted an image from a spy satellite, declassified document shows

https://www.npr.org/2022/11/18/1137474748/trump-tweeted-an-image-from-a-spy-satellite-declassified-document-shows