From: super...@super70s.invalid (super70s)
Newsgroups: rec.birds
Subject: Birds & planes
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2023 17:43:53 -0500
 by: super70s - Mon, 24 Apr 2023 22:43 UTC

CNN had an aviation disaster expert on today after the recent bird
strike on a jet engine that caused it to catch fire.

She said the remants of a bird in the jet engine actually have a name
-- "smarg" (or was that "snarg"?) -- and they always send it off to the
Smithsonian to identify the bird species.

Apparently the Smithsonian has some kind of DNA database and testing
procedure to identify the birds, I can't imagine there would be enough
of it left intact to identify it the conventional way.