From: dav...@wa-wd.com (David Carson)
Newsgroups: alt.obituaries
Subject: MoneySign Suede, rapper, 22
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2023 09:39:13 -0500
 by: David Carson - Fri, 28 Apr 2023 14:39 UTC

For anyone considering making a gift, please note the last two
sentences of the article.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/music/celebrity/moneysign-suede-california-rapper-dead-at-22/ar-AA1aqA83
MoneySign Suede, California Rapper, Dead at 22
Story by Sophie Schillaci? • Yesterday 8:41 AM

Rapper MoneySign Suede died Tuesday after he was stabbed in a shower
at a California prison, authorities and his attorney said. He was 22.

Born Jaime Brugada Valdez, the Huntington Park, California, native
died at a prison medical facility after his body was discovered around
10 p.m. PT in the shower area of the Correctional Training Facility in
Soledad, according to a statement from the California Department of
Corrections and Rehabilitation. Life-saving efforts were unsuccessful.

The agency confirmed that his death is being investigated as a
homicide.

"They said it was a stabbing to the neck," Valdez’s attorney, Nicholas
Rosenberg, told the Los Angeles Times.

According to state correction officials, via The Associated Press,
Valdez was serving time after being sentenced in Riverside County last
December on two charges of being a convicted felon in possession of a
gun. His sentence was two years and eight months.

The rising artist signed to Atlantic Records in 2021 and released two
albums the following year. His most recent, Parkside Baby, dropped in
September.

Following the news of his death, Valdez's family took to his Instagram
Stories to thank fans for their condolences and confirm that they had
not set up a GoFundMe on his behalf.

"We appreciate the condolences," the post reads. "Our family has not
set a GoFundMe, don't fall for any scams. Thank you!"