Whenever people agree with me, I always think I must be wrong. -- Oscar Wilde

interests / alt.obituaries / Re: Iconic Talk Show Host Jerry Springer Dead At 79

SubjectAuthor
* Iconic Talk Show Host Jerry Springer Dead At 79Ubiquitous
+* Re: Iconic Talk Show Host Jerry Springer Dead At 79anim8rfsk
|`* Re: Iconic Talk Show Host Jerry Springer Dead At 79super70s
| `- Re: Iconic Talk Show Host Jerry Springer Dead At 79Kenny McCormack
`- Re: Iconic Talk Show Host Jerry Springer Dead At 79Louis Epstein

1
Iconic Talk Show Host Jerry Springer Dead At 79

<u2e43s$1vjs8$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=17395&group=alt.obituaries#17395

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,alt.fan.jerry-springer,alt.obituaries,alt.tv.jerry-springer
Subject: Iconic Talk Show Host Jerry Springer Dead At 79
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2023 11:24:43 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Thu, 27 Apr 2023 15:24 UTC

Talk show host Jerry Springer is dead at the age of 79, per TMZ.

The controversial TV personality is best known for hosting the syndicated
talk show �The Jerry Springer Show� for 27 years. On it, guests often
appeared to discuss wild topics and frequently got into fights onstage.

A family spokesperson told TMZ that Springer was fighting a �brief illness�
and died at his home in the Chicago area. An unnamed source told the outlet
that Springer was diagnosed with cancer a few months ago.

Springer was involved in politics before he became a TV sensation. He lost a
bid for Congress in 1970, but then was elected to Cincinnati�s City Council
in 1971, the outlet noted. Springer went on to serve one term as mayor of
Cincinnati in 1977.

�The Jerry Springer Show,� which debuted in 1991, originally focused on
political issues, but later exploded in popularity after making the switch to
lurid topics that included adultery, nudity, and other shocking scandals.
Springer presented himself as the voice of reason who would frequently try to
sooth guests� tempers and diffuse tense situations. The series was known for
violence and profanity.

The daytime show was a huge hit despite getting slammed by critics, who
called it �the worst TV show of all time.� Springer embraced the title.

The British-born TV host last appeared on �The Masked Singer� in 2018. He is
survived by his daughter Katie Springer and his sister Evelyn.

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: Iconic Talk Show Host Jerry Springer Dead At 79

<1992962766.704309810.487413.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=17401&group=alt.obituaries#17401

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,alt.fan.jerry-springer,alt.obituaries,alt.tv.jerry-springer
Subject: Re: Iconic Talk Show Host Jerry Springer Dead At 79
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2023 12:48:24 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Thu, 27 Apr 2023 19:48 UTC

Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
> Talk show host Jerry Springer is dead at the age of 79, per TMZ.
>
> The controversial TV personality is best known for hosting the syndicated
> talk show “The Jerry Springer Show” for 27 years. On it, guests often
> appeared to discuss wild topics and frequently got into fights onstage.
>
> A family spokesperson told TMZ that Springer was fighting a “brief illness”
> and died at his home in the Chicago area. An unnamed source told the outlet
> that Springer was diagnosed with cancer a few months ago.
>
> Springer was involved in politics before he became a TV sensation. He lost a
> bid for Congress in 1970, but then was elected to Cincinnati’s City Council
> in 1971, the outlet noted. Springer went on to serve one term as mayor of
> Cincinnati in 1977.
>
> “The Jerry Springer Show,” which debuted in 1991, originally focused on
> political issues, but later exploded in popularity after making the switch to
> lurid topics that included adultery, nudity, and other shocking scandals.
> Springer presented himself as the voice of reason who would frequently try to
> sooth guests’ tempers and diffuse tense situations. The series was known for
> violence and profanity.
>
> The daytime show was a huge hit despite getting slammed by critics, who
> called it “the worst TV show of all time.” Springer embraced the title.
>
> The British-born TV host last appeared on “The Masked Singer” in 2018. He is
> survived by his daughter Katie Springer and his sister Evelyn.

I thought Springer did a fine job on the two seasons of AMERICA‘S GOT
TALENT he hosted.

> --
> Let's go Brandon!

Re: Iconic Talk Show Host Jerry Springer Dead At 79

<super70s-CACE44.15032927042023@reader.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=17402&group=alt.obituaries#17402

From: super...@super70s.invalid (super70s)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,alt.fan.jerry-springer,alt.obituaries,alt.tv.jerry-springer
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2023 15:03:29 -0500
 by: super70s - Thu, 27 Apr 2023 20:03 UTC

> The British-born TV host

Who knew. Apparently he didn't spend a lot of time there, lol.

Re: Iconic Talk Show Host Jerry Springer Dead At 79

<u2eqpd$2uius$2@news.xmission.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=17407&group=alt.obituaries#17407

From: gaze...@shell.xmission.com (Kenny McCormack)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,alt.fan.jerry-springer,alt.obituaries,alt.tv.jerry-springer
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2023 21:51:41 -0000 (UTC)
Originator: gazelle@shell.xmission.com (Kenny McCormack)
 by: Kenny McCormack - Thu, 27 Apr 2023 21:51 UTC

In article <super70s-CACE44.15032927042023@reader.eternal-september.org>,
super70s <super70s@super70s.invalid> wrote:
>> The British-born TV host
>
>Who knew. Apparently he didn't spend a lot of time there, lol.

According to Wikipedia, he was born in a tube (Underground) station (to
German-born parents [refugees]).

Then immigrated to the US at age 4.

http://user.xmission.com/~gazelle/Sigs/RepInsults

Re: Iconic Talk Show Host Jerry Springer Dead At 79

<u2iaui$429$1@reader2.panix.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=17426&group=alt.obituaries#17426

From: le...@main.lekno.ws (Louis Epstein)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,alt.fan.jerry-springer,alt.obituaries,alt.tv.jerry-springer
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2023 05:45:54 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Louis Epstein - Sat, 29 Apr 2023 05:45 UTC

In alt.obituaries Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
> Talk show host Jerry Springer is dead at the age of 79, per TMZ.

> The British-born TV host last appeared on ?The Masked Singer? in 2018. He is
> survived by his daughter Katie Springer and his sister Evelyn.

The Wikipedes say he had a "Judge Jerry" show (not to be confused
with Mr. Sheindlin's stint on "The People's Court") that was on
the air until 2022.

-=-=-