Only that in you which is me can hear what I'm saying. -- Baba Ram Dass

interests / rec.outdoors.rv-travel / Re: More whinge material for our jive ass troll

SubjectAuthor
* Re: More whinge material for our jive ass trollbfh
+* Re: More whinge material for our jive ass trollfilm...@gmail.com
|`- Re: More whinge material for our jive ass trollbfh
`- Re: More whinge material for our jive ass trollbfh

1
Re: More whinge material for our jive ass troll

<qfQnL.169096$8_id.79339@fx09.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=17467&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#17467

Subject: Re: More whinge material for our jive ass troll
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: redy...@rye.net (bfh)
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2022 21:45:42 -0500
 by: bfh - Mon, 19 Dec 2022 02:45 UTC

Technobarbarian wrote:

>       Since our jive ass troll is obviously scraping the bottom of
> the barrel for whinge material I decided to help him out. This is
> another terrible example of government regulation stifling commerce.
> Pretty soon people will be starving in the streets.
>
> "Swelling school of seaweed farmers looking to anchor in somewhat
> choppy Northwest waters
>
> By Tom Banse (Northwest News Network)
> Dec. 18, 2022 6 a.m.
>
> Prospective kelp growers who want to join the handful of existing
> commercial seaweed farms in the Pacific Northwest are having to
> contend with a lengthy permitting process. It’s gotten contentious
> in a few cases, but even so, at least a couple of new seaweed farms
> stand on the cusp of approval. Their harvests could be sold for human
> food, animal feed or fertilizer.
>
> Two permit applications for floating kelp farms near Vashon Island,
> Washington, generated a flood of public comments to King County
> regulators. Some islanders strongly objected to what they said would
> be a risky "eyesore" offshore of their waterfront homes, while
> supportive commenters touted sustainable food and water quality
> benefits."
>
> https://www.opb.org/article/2022/12/18/swelling-school-of-seaweed-farmers-looking-to-anchor-in-somewhat-choppy-northwest-waters/
>

>       "Waterfront homes" on Vashon island. IOW they're up against
> rich folks who don't want to be reminded that some people work for a
> living with a floating business right in the middle of their expensive
> view.
>
>      I've seen the onshore "kelp farm" in Garibaldi. If those little
> tanks are actually turning a profit we could have a kelp gold rush
> soon. lol
>
> "Bacon of the coast: Seaweed farm has big plans for the plant-based
> food industry
>
> Dulse seaweed could revolutionize the plant-based food industry"
>
> https://www.discoverourcoast.com/coast-weekend/bacon-of-the-coast-seaweed-farm-has-big-plans-for-the-plant-based-food-industry/article_de3f6d3e-fedb-11eb-94bd-c39e6deb9f94.html

Welp, send me some of that bacokelp......or kelpacon......or whatever.
I'll try it in my BLTs. But I prefer the first name. KLT just doesn't
sound right.

--
bill

Re: More whinge material for our jive ass troll

<488e9984-2bd4-4bb4-96b4-87828c324465n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=17468&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#17468

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2022 18:55:00 -0800 (PST)
From: filmby...@gmail.com (film...@gmail.com)
 by: film...@gmail.com - Mon, 19 Dec 2022 02:55 UTC

On Sunday, December 18, 2022 at 6:45:45 PM UTC-8, bfh wrote:
> Technobarbarian wrote:
> >
> > Since our jive ass troll is obviously scraping the bottom of
> > the barrel for whinge material I decided to help him out. This is
> > another terrible example of government regulation stifling commerce.
> > Pretty soon people will be starving in the streets.
> >
> > "Swelling school of seaweed farmers looking to anchor in somewhat
> > choppy Northwest waters
> >
> > By Tom Banse (Northwest News Network)
> > Dec. 18, 2022 6 a.m.
> >
> > Prospective kelp growers who want to join the handful of existing
> > commercial seaweed farms in the Pacific Northwest are having to
> > contend with a lengthy permitting process. It’s gotten contentious
> > in a few cases, but even so, at least a couple of new seaweed farms
> > stand on the cusp of approval. Their harvests could be sold for human
> > food, animal feed or fertilizer.
> >
> > Two permit applications for floating kelp farms near Vashon Island,
> > Washington, generated a flood of public comments to King County
> > regulators. Some islanders strongly objected to what they said would
> > be a risky "eyesore" offshore of their waterfront homes, while
> > supportive commenters touted sustainable food and water quality
> > benefits."
> >
> > https://www.opb.org/article/2022/12/18/swelling-school-of-seaweed-farmers-looking-to-anchor-in-somewhat-choppy-northwest-waters/
> >

> > "Waterfront homes" on Vashon island. IOW they're up against
> > rich folks who don't want to be reminded that some people work for a
> > living with a floating business right in the middle of their expensive
> > view.
> >
> > I've seen the onshore "kelp farm" in Garibaldi. If those little
> > tanks are actually turning a profit we could have a kelp gold rush
> > soon. lol
> >
> > "Bacon of the coast: Seaweed farm has big plans for the plant-based
> > food industry
> >
> > Dulse seaweed could revolutionize the plant-based food industry"
> >
> > https://www.discoverourcoast.com/coast-weekend/bacon-of-the-coast-seaweed-farm-has-big-plans-for-the-plant-based-food-industry/article_de3f6d3e-fedb-11eb-94bd-c39e6deb9f94.html
> Welp, send me some of that bacokelp......or kelpacon......or whatever.
> I'll try it in my BLTs. But I prefer the first name. KLT just doesn't
> sound right.
>
> --
> bill
> Theory don't mean squat if it don't work.

Mix a little of that phony baloney kelp bacon in there under your tomato, covered with mayonnaise, and you'll never know the difference! Don't forget to add a slice of "alligator pair"! Bon appetite'!

Martha Stewart Jr.

Re: More whinge material for our jive ass troll

<RNQnL.15399$5S78.4278@fx48.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=17469&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#17469

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: redy...@rye.net (bfh)
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2022 22:22:24 -0500
 by: bfh - Mon, 19 Dec 2022 03:22 UTC

film...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Sunday, December 18, 2022 at 6:45:45 PM UTC-8, bfh wrote:
>> Technobarbarian wrote:
>>>
>>> Since our jive ass troll is obviously scraping the bottom of
>>> the barrel for whinge material I decided to help him out. This
>>> is another terrible example of government regulation stifling
>>> commerce. Pretty soon people will be starving in the streets.
>>>
>>> "Swelling school of seaweed farmers looking to anchor in
>>> somewhat choppy Northwest waters
>>>
>>> By Tom Banse (Northwest News Network) Dec. 18, 2022 6 a.m.
>>>
>>> Prospective kelp growers who want to join the handful of
>>> existing commercial seaweed farms in the Pacific Northwest are
>>> having to contend with a lengthy permitting process.
>>> It’s gotten contentious in a few cases, but even so, at
>>> least a couple of new seaweed farms stand on the cusp of
>>> approval. Their harvests could be sold for human food, animal
>>> feed or fertilizer.
>>>
>>> Two permit applications for floating kelp farms near Vashon
>>> Island, Washington, generated a flood of public comments to
>>> King County regulators. Some islanders strongly objected to
>>> what they said would be a risky "eyesore" offshore of their
>>> waterfront homes, while supportive commenters touted
>>> sustainable food and water quality benefits."
>>>
>>> https://www.opb.org/article/2022/12/18/swelling-school-of-seaweed-farmers-looking-to-anchor-in-somewhat-choppy-northwest-waters/

"Waterfront homes" on Vashon island. IOW they're up against
>>> rich folks who don't want to be reminded that some people work
>>> for a living with a floating business right in the middle of
>>> their expensive view.
>>>
>>> I've seen the onshore "kelp farm" in Garibaldi. If those
>>> little tanks are actually turning a profit we could have a kelp
>>> gold rush soon. lol
>>>
>>> "Bacon of the coast: Seaweed farm has big plans for the
>>> plant-based food industry
>>>
>>> Dulse seaweed could revolutionize the plant-based food
>>> industry"
>>>
>>> https://www.discoverourcoast.com/coast-weekend/bacon-of-the-coast-seaweed-farm-has-big-plans-for-the-plant-based-food-industry/article_de3f6d3e-fedb-11eb-94bd-c39e6deb9f94.html

Welp, send me some of that bacokelp......or kelpacon......or whatever.
>> I'll try it in my BLTs. But I prefer the first name. KLT just
>> doesn't sound right.
>>
>> -- bill Theory don't mean squat if it don't work.
>
> Mix a little of that phony baloney kelp bacon in there under your
> tomato, covered with mayonnaise, and you'll never know the
> difference! Don't forget to add a slice of "alligator pair"! Bon
> appetite'!

What if I've only got one alligator?

--
bill

Re: More whinge material for our jive ass troll

<HLTnL.68436$iU59.50796@fx14.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=17471&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#17471

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: redy...@rye.net (bfh)
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2022 01:44:54 -0500
 by: bfh - Mon, 19 Dec 2022 06:44 UTC

Technobarbarian wrote:
> [...]
> QUALITY: Sustainably-harvested in some of the cleanest waters in the
> world and tested for microbes, heavy metals, radioactivity, and other
> pollutants
> NUTRITIOUS FOOD: A good source of vegetable protein, dietary fiber,
> calcium, iron, potassium, magnesium, phosphorous, vitamins,
> anti-oxidants, iodine and other trace minerals
> EMPLOYEE-OWNED: As of 2017, Maine Coast Sea Vegetables was established
> as an employee-owned business where 100% of the company’s ownership
> is invested in an E.S.O.P. or an employee stock ownership plan."
>
>     $6.38 per ounce.
>
> https://smile.amazon.com/Dulse-Flakes-Certified-Vegetables-COhsawast/dp/B0019JRLAI/ref=sr_1_5_mod_primary_new?crid=2KEE9T86FHMK9&keywords=dulce&qid=1671424688&sbo=RZvfv%2F%2FHxDF%2BO5021pAnSA%3D%3D&sprefix=du%2Caps%2C2523&sr=8-5&th=1

Whoa! That's literally outrageous. I think I'll stick with literal
bacon, and leave the littoral bacon to the vegans and porkophobes.

--
bill