I'm successful because I'm lucky. The harder I work, the luckier I get.

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: ???Yellowstone??? To End Show With Kevin Costner, Creators In Talks With Major Actor For Franchise Extension, Report Says

SubjectAuthor
* ‘Yellowstone’ To End Show With Kevin Costner, Creators In Talks With Major ActorUbiquitous
`* Re: ‘Yellowstone’ To End Show With Kevin CostnerEd Stasiak
 `* Re: ‘Yellowstone’ To End Show With Kevin CostnerRhino2
  `* Re: ‘Yellowstone’ To End Show With Kevin CostnerEd Stasiak
   +- Re: Yellowstone To End Show With Kevin Costner, Creators In Talks With Major ActEGK
   `* Re: ???Yellowstone??? To End Show With Kevin Costner, Creators In Talks With MajBTR1701
    `* Re: ‘Yellowstone’ To End Show With Kevin CostnerEd Stasiak
     `- Re: ???Yellowstone??? To End Show With Kevin Costner, Creators In Talks With MajBTR1701

1
‘Yellowstone’ To End Show With Kevin Costner, Creators In Talks With Major Actor For Franchise Extension, Report Says

<trtg2a$3nh3r$8@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=174609&group=rec.arts.tv#174609

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: ‘Yellowstone’ To End Show With Kevin Costner, Creators In Talks With Major Actor For Franchise Extension, Report Says
Date: Tue, 07 Feb 2023 07:26:50 -0500
 by: Ubiquitous - Tue, 7 Feb 2023 12:26 UTC

The hit drama �Yellowstone� is reportedly set to end in its current form with
star actor Kevin Costner while the show�s creators are eyeing extending the
franchise with actor Matthew McConaughey.

Deadline reported that Taylor Sheridan, co-creator and showrunner, along with
Paramount Global and Paramount Network, are already in talks with
McConaughey, and several of the show�s main characters are expected to be in
the new version of the series, the report said.

�We have no news to report. Kevin Costner is a big part of Yellowstone and we
hope that�s the case for a long time to come,� a Paramount Network
spokesperson said. �Thanks to the brilliant mind of Taylor Sheridan, we are
always working on franchise expansions of this incredible world he has built.
Matthew McConaughey is a phenomenal talent with whom we�d love to partner.�

Sheridan is also behind the �Yellowstone� extremely popular prequel series
�1883� and �1923.� The success of those two shows has afforded Sheridan the
ability to be less dependent on �Yellowstone� for success, the report said.

The new show will reportedly start on Paramount Network and then will be
moved to Paramount+.

The decision to move on from Costner comes after he reportedly wanted to do
less filming than what producers wanted, the report said. Paramount Network
rejected a proposal from Costner and decided to move on.

Deadline added that Sheridan may make two additional prequel series to
�Yellowstone� that would detail struggles in the 1940s and 1960s to hang onto
the ranch.

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: ‘Yellowstone’ To End Show With Kevin Costner, Creators In Talks With Major Actor For Franchise Extension, Report Says

<d9f79a4f-aef4-4c15-9c72-bdb5d8a828a8n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=174639&group=rec.arts.tv#174639

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2023 10:09:37 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re:_‘Yellowstone’_To_End_Show_With_Kevin_Costner
From: edstasia...@gmail.com (Ed Stasiak)
 by: Ed Stasiak - Tue, 7 Feb 2023 18:09 UTC

> Ubiquitous
>
> The decision to move on from Costner comes after he reportedly wanted to do
> less filming than what producers wanted, the report said. Paramount Network
> rejected a proposal from Costner and decided to move on.

Heard on the radio that the showrunner wanted 60 days of filming but Costner
balked, so they cut his schedule down to 50 days and he came back with a
counter offer of... five (5) days.

Somebody is getting killed off and I think we can all guess who.

> Deadline added that Sheridan may make two additional prequel series to
> “Yellowstone” that would detail struggles in the 1940s and 1960s to hang
> onto the ranch.

I didn't care for "1883" as it was too much feminism but so far, I really
like "1923" and hope they do more prequels. As for the original show,
it was pretty good, then was just ok but this season has been straight
up boring.

If they do kill off Costner's character and go with Matthew McConaughey
as the new lead, I hope they keep the Montana setting and don't move the
story to Texas, (where McConaughey is from) as it's too visually dull of a
state.

Re: ‘Yellowstone’ To End Show With Kevin Costner, Creators In Talks With Major Actor For Franchise Extension, Report Says

<03aaef60-70e2-43d6-aadd-0003b5ddf304n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=174668&group=rec.arts.tv#174668

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2023 14:28:26 -0800 (PST)
From: hughmung...@gmail.com (Rhino2)
 by: Rhino2 - Tue, 7 Feb 2023 22:28 UTC

On Tuesday, February 7, 2023 at 1:09:40 PM UTC-5, Ed Stasiak wrote:
> > Ubiquitous
> >
> > The decision to move on from Costner comes after he reportedly wanted to do
> > less filming than what producers wanted, the report said. Paramount Network
> > rejected a proposal from Costner and decided to move on.
> Heard on the radio that the showrunner wanted 60 days of filming but Costner
> balked, so they cut his schedule down to 50 days and he came back with a
> counter offer of... five (5) days.
>
> Somebody is getting killed off and I think we can all guess who.
> > Deadline added that Sheridan may make two additional prequel series to
> > “Yellowstone” that would detail struggles in the 1940s and 1960s to hang
> > onto the ranch.
> I didn't care for "1883" as it was too much feminism but so far, I really
> like "1923" and hope they do more prequels. As for the original show,
> it was pretty good, then was just ok but this season has been straight
> up boring.
>
> If they do kill off Costner's character and go with Matthew McConaughey
> as the new lead, I hope they keep the Montana setting and don't move the
> story to Texas, (where McConaughey is from) as it's too visually dull of a
> state.

I'm trying to figure out how Sheridan could shoe-horn McConaughey into the story if he's supposed to be a Dutton. Wouldn't a Dutton "cousin" be someone we've heard about over the past 5 seasons? Or will he be a previously unknown result of a one-night stand between John Dutton (or his late wife) and a third party?

Re: ‘Yellowstone’ To End Show With Kevin Costner, Creators In Talks With Major Actor For Franchise Extension, Report Says

<a70e6823-e44d-4ca7-9eb9-4ae3b4a62f04n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=174825&group=rec.arts.tv#174825

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2023 14:00:55 -0800 (PST)
From: edstasia...@gmail.com (Ed Stasiak)
 by: Ed Stasiak - Wed, 8 Feb 2023 22:00 UTC

> Rhino2
> > Ed Stasiak
> >
> > If they do kill off Costner's character and go with Matthew McConaughey
> > as the new lead, I hope they keep the Montana setting and don't move the
> > story to Texas, (where McConaughey is from) as it's too visually dull of a
> > state.
>
> I'm trying to figure out how Sheridan could shoe-horn McConaughey into the story
> if he's supposed to be a Dutton. Wouldn't a Dutton "cousin" be someone we've heard
> about over the past 5 seasons? Or will he be a previously unknown result of a one-night
> stand between John Dutton (or his late wife) and a third party?

Last season had a side-storyline about one of the cowboys going to a huge ranch
in Texas but that isn't owned by the Dutton family and I think it would be a mistake
to change the setting and premiss of the show by moving it to Texas.

But McConaughey as a Dutton could be a descendant of Jacob Dutton (Harrison Ford)
from "1923" who was James Dutton's (from "1883") retconned brother but there's no
mention of him having kids.

McConaughey as a Dutton would probably be a descendant Spencer Dutton from "1923",
who so far hasn't gotten married or had kids but no doubt will eventually.

https://www.whiskeyriff.com/wp-content/uploads/YELLOWSTONE-FAMILY-TREE-UPDATED-4-1024x1024.jpg

Re: Yellowstone To End Show With Kevin Costner, Creators In Talks With Major Actor For Franchise Extension, Report Says

<k5b8uhdrk47kvq9pbb9i3lu0ve3gnls0jt@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=174828&group=rec.arts.tv#174828

From: memys...@null.net (EGK)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 08 Feb 2023 18:14:12 -0500
 by: EGK - Wed, 8 Feb 2023 23:14 UTC

On Wed, 8 Feb 2023 14:00:55 -0800 (PST), Ed Stasiak
<edstasiak1067@gmail.com> wrote:

>> Rhino2
>> > Ed Stasiak
>> >
>> > If they do kill off Costner's character and go with Matthew McConaughey
>> > as the new lead, I hope they keep the Montana setting and don't move the
>> > story to Texas, (where McConaughey is from) as it's too visually dull of a
>> > state.
>>
>> I'm trying to figure out how Sheridan could shoe-horn McConaughey into the story
>> if he's supposed to be a Dutton. Wouldn't a Dutton "cousin" be someone we've heard
>> about over the past 5 seasons? Or will he be a previously unknown result of a one-night
>> stand between John Dutton (or his late wife) and a third party?
>
>Last season had a side-storyline about one of the cowboys going to a huge ranch
>in Texas but that isn't owned by the Dutton family and I think it would be a mistake
>to change the setting and premiss of the show by moving it to Texas.
>
>But McConaughey as a Dutton could be a descendant of Jacob Dutton (Harrison Ford)
>from "1923" who was James Dutton's (from "1883") retconned brother but there's no
>mention of him having kids.
>
>McConaughey as a Dutton would probably be a descendant Spencer Dutton from "1923",
>who so far hasn't gotten married or had kids but no doubt will eventually.
>
>https://www.whiskeyriff.com/wp-content/uploads/YELLOWSTONE-FAMILY-TREE-UPDATED-4-1024x1024.jpg

You sound like my grandmother telling me about her "stories" she watched
every on daytime TV. :)

Re: ???Yellowstone??? To End Show With Kevin Costner, Creators In Talks With Major Actor For Franchise Extension, Report Says

<atropos-9A8135.10081509022023@news.giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=174897&group=rec.arts.tv#174897

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 09 Feb 2023 10:08:15 -0800
 by: BTR1701 - Thu, 9 Feb 2023 18:08 UTC

In article <a70e6823-e44d-4ca7-9eb9-4ae3b4a62f04n@googlegroups.com>,
Ed Stasiak <edstasiak1067@gmail.com> wrote:

> > Rhino2
> > > Ed Stasiak
> > >
> > > If they do kill off Costner's character and go with Matthew McConaughey
> > > as the new lead, I hope they keep the Montana setting and don't move the
> > > story to Texas, (where McConaughey is from) as it's too visually dull of
> > > a state.
> >
> > I'm trying to figure out how Sheridan could shoe-horn McConaughey into
> > the story if he's supposed to be a Dutton. Wouldn't a Dutton "cousin"
> > be someone we've heard about over the past 5 seasons? Or will he be a
> > previously unknown result of a one-night stand between John Dutton (or
> > his late wife) and a third party?
>
> Last season had a side-storyline about one of the cowboys going to a huge
> ranch in Texas

The Four Sixes Ranch, which unlike the Yellowstone Ranch isn't
fictional. It's a 458,000 acre ranch in the Texas panhandle. It's just
slightly smaller than the entire state of Rhode Island.

The story is that the ranch is called 6666 because the owner won it in a
card game in 1900 with a hand of four sixes.

> but that isn't owned by the Dutton family and I think it would be a mistake
> to change the setting and premiss of the show by moving it to Texas.
>
> But McConaughey as a Dutton could be a descendant of Jacob Dutton (Harrison
> Ford) from "1923" who was James Dutton's (from "1883") retconned brother but
> there's no mention of him having kids.
>
> McConaughey as a Dutton would probably be a descendant Spencer Dutton from
> "1923", who so far hasn't gotten married or had kids but no doubt will
> eventually.

Spencer Dutton is all but married now to the British bird he stole from
her fiancee in Africa.

In her narration, Lightning With the Yellow Hair called Spencer her
brother, so is he the little boy who was in the back of the wagon the
entire time in 1883?

Re: ‘Yellowstone’ To End Show With Kevin Costner, Creators In Talks With Major Actor For Franchise Extension, Report Says

<334cfde1-431f-4ddb-8333-717d10809f34n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=174924&group=rec.arts.tv#174924

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2023 12:58:24 -0800 (PST)
From: edstasia...@gmail.com (Ed Stasiak)
 by: Ed Stasiak - Thu, 9 Feb 2023 20:58 UTC

> BTR1701
> > Ed Stasiak
> >
> > McConaughey as a Dutton would probably be a descendant Spencer Dutton
> > from "1923", who so far hasn't gotten married or had kids but no doubt will
> > eventually.
>
> Spencer Dutton is all but married now to the British bird he stole from
> her fiancee in Africa.

True, and as it looks like they'll be killing off Costner's character
and replacing him with McConaughey, that character will probably
be a great-grandson of Spencer Dutton.

Dunno what his backstory will be but as they just retconned
Harrison Ford as James Dutton's ("1883") brother out of the
blue, I'm guessing they're not too concerned about it.

> In her narration, Lightning With the Yellow Hair called Spencer her
> brother, so is he the little boy who was in the back of the wagon the
> entire time in 1883?

That was John Dutton I, John Dutton III's (Kevin Costner's) grandfather.

His younger brother Spencer Dutton was born after the family settled in
Montana and is seen as a little kid in a flash-back scene with his brother
and dad meeting some starving Indians in the winter.

Re: ???Yellowstone??? To End Show With Kevin Costner, Creators In Talks With Major Actor For Franchise Extension, Report Says

<atropos-25A3BA.13250409022023@news.giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=174927&group=rec.arts.tv#174927

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 09 Feb 2023 13:25:04 -0800
 by: BTR1701 - Thu, 9 Feb 2023 21:25 UTC

In article <334cfde1-431f-4ddb-8333-717d10809f34n@googlegroups.com>,
Ed Stasiak <edstasiak1067@gmail.com> wrote:

> > BTR1701
> > > Ed Stasiak
> > >
> > > McConaughey as a Dutton would probably be a descendant Spencer Dutton
> > > from "1923", who so far hasn't gotten married or had kids but no doubt
> > > will eventually.
> >
> > Spencer Dutton is all but married now to the British bird he stole from
> > her fiancee in Africa.
>
> True, and as it looks like they'll be killing off Costner's character
> and replacing him with McConaughey, that character will probably
> be a great-grandson of Spencer Dutton.
>
> Dunno what his backstory will be but as they just retconned
> Harrison Ford as James Dutton's ("1883") brother out of the
> blue, I'm guessing they're not too concerned about it.
>
> > In her narration, Lightning With the Yellow Hair called Spencer her
> > brother, so is he the little boy who was in the back of the wagon the
> > entire time in 1883?
>
> That was John Dutton I, John Dutton III's (Kevin Costner's) grandfather.
>
> His younger brother Spencer Dutton was born after the family settled in
> Montana and is seen as a little kid in a flash-back scene with his brother
> and dad meeting some starving Indians in the winter.

Ah, okay. Thanks.