Every man is as God made him, ay, and often worse. -- Miguel de Cervantes

interests / alt.obituaries / Re: Bill Saluga, 85, comedian - You could call him Ray, or you could call him Jay...

SubjectAuthor
* Bill Saluga, 85, comedian - You could call him Ray, or you could callDiner
`* Re: Bill Saluga, 85, comedian - You could call him Ray, or you could call him JaA Friend
 +- Re: Bill Saluga, 85, comedian - You could call him Ray, or you could call him JaLouis Epstein
 `- Re: Bill Saluga, 85, comedian - You could call him Ray, or you could call him JaDavid Carson

1
Bill Saluga, 85, comedian - You could call him Ray, or you could call him Jay...

<9e82d6df-11f4-47cc-9425-d0b55631c15bn@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=17498&group=alt.obituaries#17498

Newsgroups: alt.obituaries
Date: Sat, 6 May 2023 09:53:44 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Bill Saluga, 85, comedian - You could call him Ray, or you could call
him Jay...
From: bwayst...@gmail.com (Diner)
 by: Diner - Sat, 6 May 2023 16:53 UTC

You could call him Ray, or you could call him Jay, or you could call him Johnny, or you could call him Sonny, or you could call him Junie, or you could call him Junior, or you could call him Ray J, or you could call him RJ, or you could call him RJJ, or you could call him RJJ Jr. . . but you doesn't hasta call him Johnson!

https://www.tribtoday.com/news/local-news/2023/04/william-saluga-youngstown-born-comedian-dies-at-85-in-los-angeles/

But his friends called him Billy.

Check out Billy's wonderful, hilarious interview on Gilbert Gottfried's Amazing Colossal Podcast, where he talks about how that routine was born:

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/gilbert-gottfrieds-amazing-colossal-podcast/id883308059?i=1000397015222

Re: Bill Saluga, 85, comedian - You could call him Ray, or you could call him Jay...

<060520231403359428%nope@noway.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=17499&group=alt.obituaries#17499

Subject: Re: Bill Saluga, 85, comedian - You could call him Ray, or you could call him Jay...
From: nop...@noway.com (A Friend)
Newsgroups: alt.obituaries
Date: Sat, 06 May 2023 14:03:35 -0400
 by: A Friend - Sat, 6 May 2023 18:03 UTC

In article <9e82d6df-11f4-47cc-9425-d0b55631c15bn@googlegroups.com>,
Diner <bwaystars@gmail.com> wrote:

> You could call him Ray, or you could call him Jay, or you could call him
> Johnny, or you could call him Sonny, or you could call him Junie, or you
> could call him Junior, or you could call him Ray J, or you could call him RJ,
> or you could call him RJJ, or you could call him RJJ Jr. . . but you doesn't
> hasta call him Johnson!
>

> https://www.tribtoday.com/news/local-news/2023/04/william-saluga-youngstown-bo
> rn-comedian-dies-at-85-in-los-angeles/
>
> But his friends called him Billy.

Decades ago, when variety shows ruled the TV roost, Mr. Saluga was on
just about every one of them, doing the same routine over and over and
over. It worked better than you might think, even in constant
repetition.

Re: Bill Saluga, 85, comedian - You could call him Ray, or you could call him Jay...

<u36536$kht$1@reader2.panix.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=17500&group=alt.obituaries#17500

From: le...@main.lekno.ws (Louis Epstein)
Newsgroups: alt.obituaries
Date: Sat, 6 May 2023 18:08:38 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Louis Epstein - Sat, 6 May 2023 18:08 UTC

A Friend <nope@noway.com> wrote:
> In article <9e82d6df-11f4-47cc-9425-d0b55631c15bn@googlegroups.com>,
> Diner <bwaystars@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> You could call him Ray, or you could call him Jay, or you could call him
>> Johnny, or you could call him Sonny, or you could call him Junie, or you
>> could call him Junior, or you could call him Ray J, or you could call him RJ,
>> or you could call him RJJ, or you could call him RJJ Jr. . . but you doesn't
>> hasta call him Johnson!
>>

>> https://www.tribtoday.com/news/local-news/2023/04/william-saluga-youngstown-bo
>> rn-comedian-dies-at-85-in-los-angeles/
>>
>> But his friends called him Billy.
>

> Decades ago, when variety shows ruled the TV roost, Mr. Saluga was on
> just about every one of them, doing the same routine over and over and
> over. It worked better than you might think, even in constant
> repetition.

Was he survived by Raymond J. Johnson III?

I mean,you could call him Ray,or you could call him Trey...

-=-=-

Re: Bill Saluga, 85, comedian - You could call him Ray, or you could call him Jay...

<u36874$2ve4d$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=17501&group=alt.obituaries#17501

From: dav...@neosoft.com (David Carson)
Newsgroups: alt.obituaries
Date: Sat, 06 May 2023 14:01:46 -0500
 by: David Carson - Sat, 6 May 2023 19:01 UTC

On Sat, 06 May 2023 14:03:35 -0400, A Friend <nope@noway.com> wrote:

>Decades ago, when variety shows ruled the TV roost, Mr. Saluga was on
>just about every one of them, doing the same routine over and over and
>over. It worked better than you might think, even in constant
>repetition.

Ray Jay Johnson at Branson, on "The Simpsons"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgFgaV_-KfA

"That thing was funny for about three seconds." - Krusty the Clown

"I'm already sick of him!" - Lisa Simpson

Saluga was on an episode of "Seinfeld," but he wasn't in character and
didn't do his bit, so you'd never know it was him:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpQVJLmS-Zw

David Carson
--
Dead or Alive Data Base