Subject: Re: My electric bill
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: redy...@rye.net (bfh)
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2022 16:25:35 -0500
 by: bfh - Fri, 23 Dec 2022 21:25 UTC

Technobarbarian wrote:

>     I'm sitting here in the middle of a widespread ice storm that
> started early last night. I have the electric heat on high. And I just
> got my latest report from the electric company. I'm sure everyone will
> be happy to hear that I'm an Energy Super Star again. Using time of
> day pricing I saved $8 last month. I think that puts me 15 or 16 bucks
> ahead since I changed to time of day pricing. From the information I
> got from the power company I had expected my biggest savings to be
> during the Winter. Who knows? At this rate, over the course of a year,
> we might save enough to pay for a nice dinner someone else cooked.

I'm about to grill steaks tonight in a wind chill of about 20.
Probably take longer than usual, but my Kraken is unlikely to turn
into a slushie. At least it's not raining, too - I'm kinda postal
serviceish when it comes to grilling, but I have my limits, and
20deg/10mph/rain would be one of them.

--
bill

Re: My electric bill

<8eucnbE17MtKxzv-nZ2dnZfqn_ednZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=17508&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#17508

Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2022 17:50:18 -0800
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: i09...@removethisspamblockerstuff-yahoo.com (kmiller)
 by: kmiller - Sat, 24 Dec 2022 01:50 UTC

On 12/23/2022 1:25 PM, bfh wrote:
> Technobarbarian wrote:
>>
>>      I'm sitting here in the middle of a widespread ice storm that
>> started early last night. I have the electric heat on high. And I just
>> got my latest report from the electric company. I'm sure everyone will
>> be happy to hear that I'm an Energy Super Star again. Using time of
>> day pricing I saved $8 last month. I think that puts me 15 or 16 bucks
>> ahead since I changed to time of day pricing. From the information I
>> got from the power company I had expected my biggest savings to be
>> during the Winter. Who knows? At this rate, over the course of a year,
>> we might save enough to pay for a nice dinner someone else cooked.
>
> I'm about to grill steaks tonight in a wind chill of about 20. Probably
> take longer than usual, but my Kraken is unlikely to turn into a
> slushie. At least it's not raining, too - I'm kinda postal serviceish
> when it comes to grilling, but I have my limits, and 20deg/10mph/rain
> would be one of them.

Lucky you. 3 foot snowdrifts here with a 1/4 inch of ice on top. But -
good news - it's starting to rain and the wind has dropped below 20 mph.

And, yes. Satellite internet is great! No outages!

>>      The weather is supposed to get worse before it gets better, but
>> sometime early tomorrow we will be above freezing again and the rain
>> will wash it all away like it never happened. It looks like it's
>> reasonable to hope for nice ordinary rain storms the next time we're
>> on the coast.
>>
>> TB

Re: My electric bill

<IxtpL.337680$GNG9.38081@fx18.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=17512&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#17512

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: redy...@rye.net (bfh)
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2022 21:33:12 -0500
 by: bfh - Sat, 24 Dec 2022 02:33 UTC

kmiller wrote:
> On 12/23/2022 1:25 PM, bfh wrote:
>> Technobarbarian wrote:
>>>
>>>      I'm sitting here in the middle of a widespread ice storm
>>> that started early last night. I have the electric heat on high.
>>> And I just got my latest report from the electric company. I'm sure
>>> everyone will be happy to hear that I'm an Energy Super Star again.
>>> Using time of day pricing I saved $8 last month. I think that puts
>>> me 15 or 16 bucks ahead since I changed to time of day pricing.
>>> From the information I got from the power company I had expected my
>>> biggest savings to be during the Winter. Who knows? At this rate,
>>> over the course of a year, we might save enough to pay for a nice
>>> dinner someone else cooked.
>>
>> I'm about to grill steaks tonight in a wind chill of about 20.
>> Probably take longer than usual, but my Kraken is unlikely to turn
>> into a slushie. At least it's not raining, too - I'm kinda postal
>> serviceish when it comes to grilling, but I have my limits, and
>> 20deg/10mph/rain would be one of them.
>
> Lucky you. 3 foot snowdrifts here with a 1/4 inch of ice on top. But -
> good news - it's starting to rain and the wind has dropped below 20 mph.
>
> And, yes. Satellite internet is great! No outages!

Well, excuse me, but I'm pretty sure I didn't ask. Sheesh. If you're
not on Quora, you should be.

--
bill

Re: My electric bill

<8eucnbI17MtX9jv-nZ2dnZfqn_cAAAAA@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=17514&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#17514

Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2022 19:02:38 -0800
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: i09...@removethisspamblockerstuff-yahoo.com (kmiller)
 by: kmiller - Sat, 24 Dec 2022 03:02 UTC

On 12/23/2022 6:33 PM, bfh wrote:
> kmiller wrote:

>>> I'm about to grill steaks tonight in a wind chill of about 20.
>>> Probably take longer than usual, but my Kraken is unlikely to turn
>>> into a slushie. At least it's not raining, too - I'm kinda postal
>>> serviceish when it comes to grilling, but I have my limits, and
>>> 20deg/10mph/rain would be one of them.
>>
>> Lucky you. 3 foot snowdrifts here with a 1/4 inch of ice on top. But -
>> good news - it's starting to rain and the wind has dropped below 20 mph.
>>
>> And, yes. Satellite internet is great! No outages!
>
> Well, excuse me, but I'm pretty sure I didn't ask. Sheesh. If you're not
> on Quora, you should be.

Well, LBGTQ to you, too!