From: kei...@home.com (Keith S)
Newsgroups: alt.obituaries
Subject: Jackie Zeman,70, General Hospital's Bobbie Spencer
Date: Wed, 10 May 2023 23:19:33 -0400
 by: Keith S - Thu, 11 May 2023 03:19 UTC

https://www.soapoperadigest.com/content/ghs-jacklyn-zeman-dies-at-70/

Jacklyn Zeman, a GH veteran beloved for her portrayer of Bobbie Spencer,
has passed away at the age of 70. Executive Producer Frank Valentini
broke the news on Twitter, saying, “On behalf of our @GeneralHospital
family, I am heartbroken to announce the passing of our beloved
@JackieZeman. Just like her character, the legendary Bobbie Spencer, she
was a bright light and true professional that brought so much positive
energy with her to work. Jackie will be greatly missed, but her positive
spirit will always live on with our cast and crew. We send our heartfelt
sympathy to her loved ones, friends, and family, especially her
daughters Cassidy and Lacey.”

Born in New Jersey, Zeman made her daytime debut as Lana McClain on ONE
LIFE TO LIVE (1976-77) before being tapped to join the GH ranks as
Bobbie in 1977. When she marked the 45th anniversary of her Port Charles
entrance in December 2022, she told Digest that her message to the
show’s fans was, “’ Thank you.’ The people that have been watching
long-term have my heart, my heartfelt appreciation and my gratitude.
Thank you for those that continue to watch and continue to feel that
GENERAL HOSPITAL is important to them. And to those I’ve had personal
interactions with over the years in various ways, it really means a lot
to me. It’s very emotional, it’s very sentimental and it’s much
appreciated.” In her final interview with Digest, conducted earlier this
year, the actress described her long affiliation with GH as “one of the
greatest blessings of my life.” Zeman is survived by her beloved
daughters, Cassidy and Lacey, and grandchildren Kennedy and Decker.