If you're careful enough, nothing bad or good will ever happen to you.

interests / alt.obituaries / OT (barely) from Louisiana: Man shoots girl playing hide-and-seek

SubjectAuthor
* OT (barely) from Louisiana: Man shoots girl playing hide-and-seekLenona
`- Re: OT (barely) from Louisiana: Man shoots girl playing hide-and-seekThomas Joseph

1
OT (barely) from Louisiana: Man shoots girl playing hide-and-seek

<da288d0c-bb35-489c-bfc1-0f57527b321an@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=17568&group=alt.obituaries#17568

Newsgroups: alt.obituaries
Date: Fri, 12 May 2023 08:11:14 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: OT (barely) from Louisiana: Man shoots girl playing hide-and-seek
From: lenona...@yahoo.com (Lenona)
 by: Lenona - Fri, 12 May 2023 15:11 UTC

https://apnews.com/article/hide-seek-shooting-louisiana-girl-neighbor-b59a1232f3fd309e1afd02174026fad7

STARKS, La. (AP) — A Louisiana man faces aggravated assault and battery charges after firing a gun at children who were playing hide and seek outside his home, wounding a 14-year-old girl, according to the local sheriff’s office.

The girl suffered a gunshot wound to the back of the head early Sunday, and was taken to a hospital with injuries that were not considered life-threatening, the Calcasieu Parish Sheriff’s Office said in a statement posted on social media Monday.

David Doyle, 58, remained in the Calcasieu Parish Correctional Center on Tuesday morning. Jail records show Doyle’s bond was set at $300,000 and that he has been assigned a public defender, according to a jail staffer..

Neither an attorney at the public defender’s office in Calcasieu Parish, nor the local district attorney immediately returned phone calls seeking more information.

Investigators learned that several children were playing hide and seek in the Starks community and were hiding on the neighbor’s property.

Doyle told detectives that he got his gun when he saw shadows outside his home and shot at people he saw running away, unknowingly hitting the girl, officials said.

It’s the latest in a series of recent shootings sparked by seemingly trivial circumstances.

Doyle was arrested and charged with aggravated battery, four counts of aggravated assault with a firearm and illegal discharge of a firearm, the sheriff’s office said.

Re: OT (barely) from Louisiana: Man shoots girl playing hide-and-seek

<9a3de095-e4b2-48f5-9e45-f4d533b48933n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=17638&group=alt.obituaries#17638

Newsgroups: alt.obituaries
Date: Thu, 18 May 2023 15:35:24 -0700 (PDT)
From: jazeev1...@gmail.com (Thomas Joseph)
 by: Thomas Joseph - Thu, 18 May 2023 22:35 UTC

Lenona wrote:

> STARKS, La. (AP) — A Louisiana man faces aggravated assault and battery charges after firing a gun at children who were playing hide and seek outside his home, wounding a 14-year-old girl, according to the local sheriff’s office.
>
> The girl suffered a gunshot wound to the back of the head early Sunday, and was taken to a hospital with injuries that were not considered life-threatening, the Calcasieu Parish Sheriff’s Office said in a statement posted on social media Monday.

There is nothing off topic when death or even near death is involved. And it
always is. Your article reminded me of something I read in the papers years
ago concerning a loony who lost it down in Florida and went nuts in his own
neighborhood and killed a few people. News crews were swift to react (our
'first informers). Neighbors were being interviewed. All agreed the guy was
nuts. Not only that, they knew it beforehand. That's what they said. One woman
said about the shooter, "Man, that dude was crazy. He was all the time cursing
at my kids for playing on his lawn." The interviewer did not ask her
if she ever told her kids to stay off the guys lawn. The guy may have been
nuts but maybe he was the only truly sensitive person living in the neighborhood
and he just couldn't take it anymore.