Newsgroups: alt.obituaries
Date: Fri, 12 May 2023 03:59:11 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Moon Fun Chin, 110, Chinese aviator who piloted Gen.Jimmy Doolittle,
et al.
From: radioact...@gmail.com (radioacti...@gmail.com)
 by: radioacti...@gmail.c - Fri, 12 May 2023 10:59 UTC

This remarkable fellow--born barely a month after President Thomas Wilson* was first inaugurated--also flew Nationalist China leader Chiang (and presumably Madame Chiang as well, a woman who also made it well past century mark herself--although not nearly to 110--dying in October 2003 at 105 and thus completely spanning the 20th Century).

And in the late aviating-businessman Moon's case, at least, now no one need inquire, "How old is a chinaman?"

Meanwhile, as far as I can determine, no one has YET to answer that oft-posed inquiry, "How Long is a chinaman." (Probably because it so famously never was a question in the first place.)

BRYAN STYBLE/Florida
-------------------------------------
* Better known by his middle name, Woodrow--and whose portrait graces the front side of the never-in-circulation [but for a good while nonetheless used by Federal Reserve Banks] $100,000 bill.
==================https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moon_Fun_Chin

Re: Moon Fun Chin, 110, Chinese aviator who piloted Gen.Jimmy Doolittle, et al.

<u3lnhm$4vq$1@reader2.panix.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=17569&group=alt.obituaries#17569

From: le...@main.lekno.ws (Louis Epstein)
Newsgroups: alt.obituaries
Subject: Re: Moon Fun Chin, 110, Chinese aviator who piloted Gen.Jimmy Doolittle, et al.
Date: Fri, 12 May 2023 15:55:34 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Louis Epstein - Fri, 12 May 2023 15:55 UTC

radioacti...@gmail.com <radioactiveseattle@gmail.com> wrote:
> This remarkable fellow--born barely a month after President Thomas Wilson*
> was first inaugurated--also flew Nationalist China leader Chiang (and
> presumably Madame Chiang as well, a woman who also made it well past century
> mark herself--although not nearly to 110--dying in October 2003 at 105 and
> thus completely spanning the 20th Century).
>
> And in the late aviating-businessman Moon's case, at least, now no one need
> inquire, "How old is a chinaman?"
>
> Meanwhile, as far as I can determine, no one has YET to answer that
> oft-posed inquiry, "How Long is a chinaman." (Probably because it so
> famously never was a question in the first place.)

Cousin Sun Games Nose was unavailable for comment.

> BRYAN STYBLE/Florida
> -------------------------------------
> * Better known by his middle name, Woodrow--and whose portrait graces the
> front side of the never-in-circulation [but for a good while nonetheless used
> by Federal Reserve Banks] $100,000 bill.

Stephen Cleveland being on the $1,000 bill and John Coolidge
never appearing on a currency note.

> ===================
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moon_Fun_Chin

-=-=-

Re: Moon Fun Chin, 110, Chinese aviator who piloted Gen.Jimmy Doolittle, et al.

<d847948d-e6f8-40b0-9ebb-5a52a103be0bn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=17571&group=alt.obituaries#17571

Newsgroups: alt.obituaries
Date: Fri, 12 May 2023 12:04:23 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Moon Fun Chin, 110, Chinese aviator who piloted Gen.Jimmy
Doolittle, et al.
From: radioact...@gmail.com (radioacti...@gmail.com)
 by: radioacti...@gmail.c - Fri, 12 May 2023 19:04 UTC

Much thanks, Louis, for reminding everyone herein that Mr. 22nd-AND-24th-President had Stephen as his first name, and correspondingly that Calvin Coolidge had John as his first name. But strictly speaking, it was John Calvin Coolidge, JUNIOR....just as it is Joseph Robinette Biden, Jr.

(Although in his current rapidly-deteriorating mental state, I'm not sure Biden even could get his OWN middle name correctly pronounced. I mean, did you hear him the other day fumbling name after name when citing fashion designer Vera Wang? To be fair--although Biden just about NEVER affords his political enemies such fairness--they WERE Chinese names. And at least fumble-tongued Biden didn't call any of them "How Long".)

STYBLE/Florida

Re: Moon Fun Chin, 110, Chinese aviator who piloted Gen.Jimmy Doolittle, et al.

<u3midr$o6i$1@reader2.panix.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=17573&group=alt.obituaries#17573

From: le...@main.lekno.ws (Louis Epstein)
Newsgroups: alt.obituaries
Date: Fri, 12 May 2023 23:34:19 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Louis Epstein - Fri, 12 May 2023 23:34 UTC

radioacti...@gmail.com <radioactiveseattle@gmail.com> wrote:
> Much thanks, Louis, for reminding everyone herein that Mr.
> 22nd-AND-24th-President had Stephen as his first name, and correspondingly
> that Calvin Coolidge had John as his first name. But strictly speaking, it
> was John Calvin Coolidge, JUNIOR....just as it is Joseph Robinette Biden, Jr.

Theodore Roosevelt was also named after his father,even though only his
namesake descendants have started numbering from the President rather
than the original Theodore(1831-1878...my father was born on what would
have been his 100th birthday).

Meanwhile,I note that the Congressman from New Jersey uses
@BillPascrellJr as his Twitter handle and I wonder if this is
to distract attention from his being the oldest man (born the
month after the oldest woman,he is 86) in the House.

> (Although in his current rapidly-deteriorating mental state, I'm not sure

Trump-oriented commentators are not the best diagnosticians of President
Biden's mental capacity.

> Biden even could get his OWN middle name correctly pronounced. I mean, did
> you hear him the other day fumbling name after name when citing fashion
> designer Vera Wang?

No.

> To be fair--although Biden just about NEVER affords his
> political enemies such fairness--they WERE Chinese names. And at least
> fumble-tongued Biden didn't call any of them "How Long".)

> STYBLE/Florida

-=-=-