If you are what you eat, does that mean Euell Gibbons really was a nut?

interests / alt.politics / Masks Work, Quantified

SubjectAuthor
* Masks Work, QuantifiedBradley K. Sherman
+* Re: Masks Work, QuantifiedYak
|`- Re: Masks Work, QuantifiedBradley K. Sherman
`* Re: Masks Work, QuantifiedBlue Lives Matter
 `* Re: Masks Work, Quantified25.BX944
  `* Re: Masks Work, QuantifiedBlue Lives Matter
   +* Re: Masks Work, QuantifiedBradley K. Sherman
   |`* Re: Masks Work, QuantifiedNoBody
   | `* Re: Masks Work, QuantifiedBlue Lives Matter
   |  `* Re: Masks Work, QuantifiedBradley K. Sherman
   |   +* Re: Masks Work, QuantifiedBlue Lives Matter
   |   |`* Re: Masks Work, QuantifiedBradley K. Sherman
   |   | `* Re: Masks Work, QuantifiedBlue Lives Matter
   |   |  `- Re: Masks Work, QuantifiedNoBody
   |   `- Re: Masks Work, QuantifiedNoBody
   `- Re: Masks Work, Quantified25.BX944

1
Masks Work, Quantified

<t1vol3$j1f$1@panix3.panix.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=17613&group=alt.politics#17613

From: bks...@panix.com (Bradley K. Sherman)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics
Subject: Masks Work, Quantified
Date: 29 Mar 2022 20:02:43 -0000
 by: Bradley K. Sherman - Tue, 29 Mar 2022 20:02 UTC

| We find, for a typical SARS-CoV-2 viral load and infectious
| dose, that social distancing alone, even at 3.0 m between
| two speaking individuals, leads to an upper bound of 90%
| for risk of infection after a few minutes. If only the
| susceptible wears a face mask with infectious speaking at a
| distance of 1.5 m, the upper bound drops very
| significantly; that is, with a surgical mask, the upper
| bound reaches 90% after 30 min, and, with an FFP2 mask, it
| remains at about 20% even after 1 h. When both wear a
| surgical mask, while the infectious is speaking, the very
| conservative upper bound remains below 30% after 1 h, but,
| when both wear a well-fitting FFP2 mask, it is 0.4%. We
| conclude that wearing appropriate masks in the community
| provides excellent protection for others and oneself, and
| makes social distancing less important.
<https://www.pnas.org/doi/10.1073/pnas.2110117118>

--bks

Re: Masks Work, Quantified

<t1voqe$u9u$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=17617&group=alt.politics#17617

From: yak...@inbox.com (Yak)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics
Subject: Re: Masks Work, Quantified
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2022 16:05:34 -0400
 by: Yak - Tue, 29 Mar 2022 20:05 UTC

On 3/29/22 4:02 PM, Bradley K. Sherman wrote:
> | We find, for a typical SARS-CoV-2 viral load and infectious
> | dose, that social distancing alone, even at 3.0 m between
> | two speaking individuals, leads to an upper bound of 90%
> | for risk of infection after a few minutes. If only the
> | susceptible wears a face mask with infectious speaking at a
> | distance of 1.5 m, the upper bound drops very
> | significantly; that is, with a surgical mask, the upper
> | bound reaches 90% after 30 min, and, with an FFP2 mask, it
> | remains at about 20% even after 1 h. When both wear a
> | surgical mask, while the infectious is speaking, the very
> | conservative upper bound remains below 30% after 1 h, but,
> | when both wear a well-fitting FFP2 mask, it is 0.4%. We
> | conclude that wearing appropriate masks in the community
> | provides excellent protection for others and oneself, and
> | makes social distancing less important.
> <https://www.pnas.org/doi/10.1073/pnas.2110117118>
>
> --bks

Heh...heh...he said pnas.

Re: Masks Work, Quantified

<t1vouf$583$1@reader1.panix.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=17618&group=alt.politics#17618

From: bks...@panix.com (Bradley K. Sherman)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2022 20:07:44 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Bradley K. Sherman - Tue, 29 Mar 2022 20:07 UTC

Yak <yak@inbox.com> wrote:
>> | We find, for a typical SARS-CoV-2 viral load and infectious
>> | dose, that social distancing alone, even at 3.0 m between
>> | two speaking individuals, leads to an upper bound of 90%
>> | for risk of infection after a few minutes. If only the
>> | susceptible wears a face mask with infectious speaking at a
>> | distance of 1.5 m, the upper bound drops very
>> | significantly; that is, with a surgical mask, the upper
>> | bound reaches 90% after 30 min, and, with an FFP2 mask, it
>> | remains at about 20% even after 1 h. When both wear a
>> | surgical mask, while the infectious is speaking, the very
>> | conservative upper bound remains below 30% after 1 h, but,
>> | when both wear a well-fitting FFP2 mask, it is 0.4%. We
>> | conclude that wearing appropriate masks in the community
>> | provides excellent protection for others and oneself, and
>> | makes social distancing less important.
>> <https://www.pnas.org/doi/10.1073/pnas.2110117118>
>Heh...heh...he said pnas.

As if Yak-girl has any idea what the National Academy
of Sciences is all about.

--bks

Re: Masks Work, Quantified

<nd374hdbuffff70mfb8kodjplg4469u6r6@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=17625&group=alt.politics#17625

From: Iron_Wh...@Systemic_Patriotism.KMA (Blue Lives Matter)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2022 18:53:08 -0400
 by: Blue Lives Matter - Tue, 29 Mar 2022 22:53 UTC

On 29 Mar 2022 20:02:43 -0000, bks@panix.com (Bradley K. Sherman)

> | We find, for a typical SARS-CoV-2 viral load and infectious
> | dose, that social distancing alone, even at 3.0 m between
> | two speaking individuals, leads to an upper bound of 90%
> | for risk of infection after a few minutes. If only the
> | susceptible wears a face mask with infectious speaking at a
> | distance of 1.5 m, the upper bound drops very
> | significantly; that is, with a surgical mask, the upper
> | bound reaches 90% after 30 min, and, with an FFP2 mask, it
> | remains at about 20% even after 1 h. When both wear a
> | surgical mask, while the infectious is speaking, the very
> | conservative upper bound remains below 30% after 1 h, but,
> | when both wear a well-fitting FFP2 mask, it is 0.4%. We
> | conclude that wearing appropriate masks in the community
> | provides excellent protection for others and oneself, and
> | makes social distancing less important.
><https://www.pnas.org/doi/10.1073/pnas.2110117118>
>
> --bks

Then wear one. As for me, I'm done with 'em.

Re: Masks Work, Quantified

<us-dnQtEOPyBAt7_nZ2dnUU7-S_NnZ2d@earthlink.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=17628&group=alt.politics#17628

Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics
From: 25BZ...@nada.net (25.BX944)
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2022 20:06:50 -0400
 by: 25.BX944 - Wed, 30 Mar 2022 00:06 UTC

On 3/29/22 6:53 PM, Blue Lives Matter wrote:
> On 29 Mar 2022 20:02:43 -0000, bks@panix.com (Bradley K. Sherman)
> wrote:

>> | We find, for a typical SARS-CoV-2 viral load and infectious
>> | dose, that social distancing alone, even at 3.0 m between
>> | two speaking individuals, leads to an upper bound of 90%
>> | for risk of infection after a few minutes. If only the
>> | susceptible wears a face mask with infectious speaking at a
>> | distance of 1.5 m, the upper bound drops very
>> | significantly; that is, with a surgical mask, the upper
>> | bound reaches 90% after 30 min, and, with an FFP2 mask, it
>> | remains at about 20% even after 1 h. When both wear a
>> | surgical mask, while the infectious is speaking, the very
>> | conservative upper bound remains below 30% after 1 h, but,
>> | when both wear a well-fitting FFP2 mask, it is 0.4%. We
>> | conclude that wearing appropriate masks in the community
>> | provides excellent protection for others and oneself, and
>> | makes social distancing less important.
>> <https://www.pnas.org/doi/10.1073/pnas.2110117118>
>>
>> --bks
>

> Then wear one. As for me, I'm done with 'em.

I think you should have to buy a Covid insurance bond to
help cover your costs, say $25,000. If you don't get
debilitated by Covid within 2 years then you get your
money back.

Freedom isn't always strictly free. Responsibilities
always go along with liberties. If you are willing to
burden the society with a disease well known to result
in extremely expensive long-term treatment then you
should put down a deposit. If you have private insurance
that is willing to cover the possible results of unmasked
infections then you can skip the deposit as you've already
made one, so to speak.

ON THE FLIP - despite Fauchi's weekly doom&gloomfest, it
really does look like the very dangerous Covid strains are
something of the past. You are now FAIRLY safe from infection
and if you get one it PROBABLY won't be very bad. COULD be,
people ARE dying of Omicron/BA.2, but the death/debilitation
rate is WAY down.

So ... I'm not gonna insist you wear a mask nor pursue any
of those totalitarian vax mandates (which were always a
recipe for social division and hate and the escalation
of authoritarianism). But if you get it, don't blame me and
don't tell me to pay for it. Masks HELP, vax HELPS, wise
behavior HELPS - the combination can help quite a bit.

Me, I'm gonna keep using the mask where appropriate along
with sanitizer - and I was never one for packed venues.
If by, say, June things are still looking better (the
July 4th holiday has been a good spreading test) then
I too will drop the mask. However right now I know two
people who recently got it - and one was sickly for a
few weeks because of it (middle-aged and feisty too,
not 105 in a home).

Re: Masks Work, Quantified

<52874hhjauo9j3dei6eimf36mchdb454rr@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=17629&group=alt.politics#17629

From: Iron_Wh...@Systemic_Patriotism.KMA (Blue Lives Matter)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2022 20:15:46 -0400
 by: Blue Lives Matter - Wed, 30 Mar 2022 00:15 UTC

On Tue, 29 Mar 2022 20:06:50 -0400, "25.BX944" <25BZ494@nada.net>
wrote:

>On 3/29/22 6:53 PM, Blue Lives Matter wrote:

>>> <https://www.pnas.org/doi/10.1073/pnas.2110117118>
>>>
>>> --bks
>>

>> Then wear one. As for me, I'm done with 'em.
>

> I think you should have to buy a Covid insurance bond to
> help cover your costs, say $25,000. If you don't get
> debilitated by Covid within 2 years then you get your
> money back.

I quit wearing masks back in march or april 2021, except for two trips
to my doctor and some airplin trips.. The last trip most everyone,
including me, dropped the masks for the whole flights, both ways. I
never saw anyone getting repremanded.

Re: Masks Work, Quantified

<t207ok$cu8$3@reader1.panix.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=17631&group=alt.politics#17631

From: bks...@panix.com (Bradley K. Sherman)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2022 00:20:36 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Bradley K. Sherman - Wed, 30 Mar 2022 00:20 UTC

Blue Girl <Iron_White@Systemic_Patriotism.KMA> wrote:
>I quit wearing masks back in march or april 2021, except for two trips
>to my doctor and some airplin trips..

Yes, we already knew you're an imbecile. What else?

--bks

Re: Masks Work, Quantified

<BuSdnV4SCOTpVt7_nZ2dnUU7-bvNnZ2d@earthlink.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=17639&group=alt.politics#17639

Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics,alt.politics.usa
From: 25BZ...@nada.net (25.BX944)
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2022 23:16:04 -0400
 by: 25.BX944 - Wed, 30 Mar 2022 03:16 UTC

On 3/29/22 8:15 PM, Blue Lives Matter wrote:
> On Tue, 29 Mar 2022 20:06:50 -0400, "25.BX944" <25BZ494@nada.net>
> wrote:
>
>> On 3/29/22 6:53 PM, Blue Lives Matter wrote:

>>> Then wear one. As for me, I'm done with 'em.
>>

>> I think you should have to buy a Covid insurance bond to
>> help cover your costs, say $25,000. If you don't get
>> debilitated by Covid within 2 years then you get your
>> money back.
>>

> I quit wearing masks back in march or april 2021, except for two trips
> to my doctor and some airplin trips.. The last trip most everyone,
> including me, dropped the masks for the whole flights, both ways. I
> never saw anyone getting repremanded.

April '21 was a good time - but by July Delta had arrived.
Everybody decided to "get back to normal" during the
summer holidays and Delta took full advantage. That one
WAS very very bad. Omicron/BA.2 are wimps by comparison.

Now if you've had your vax then there is little reason to
be concerned about Omicron & friends unless you have a
shitload of other medical conditions.

Again, the trick is to see all this scientifically and
not politically. Yea, that's DIFFICULT to do these days,
it's 10% science and 90% politics on the high spin
cycle. I had some education in microbiology/virology
way back in the day so at least I know what to look
for in the stats, how viruses work and what public
behavior can do to those stats. Know your enemy.

I can't even back mask mandates anymore. Wear 'em if
you wanna. I do, most don't. Vax mandates were always
a bad idea. You really SHOULD get them - and I was
about first in line for all three - but the Covidstapo
shouldn't be trying to destroy people over the damned
shots. That had a terrible effect, it created an
ideological Opposition and "theological" Opposition
in the form of "Q" konspiracy theories and it all
became politics again. Thanks Joe.

Oh, how to see the future - tune into the european
news/science sites, esp British. What happens in
the UK will happen in the USA within 2-3 weeks.
That's why I was the first in line for the booster
shot - everyone else caught on about a week later
and providers were overwhelmed. I just walked in
and said "Do you have it ?" and was out the door
in 10 minutes :-)

Re: Masks Work, Quantified

<4mc84hdp53dknvdibupn5l1tnsj3almlnk@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=17655&group=alt.politics#17655

From: NoB...@nowhere.com (NoBody)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2022 06:37:18 -0400
 by: NoBody - Wed, 30 Mar 2022 10:37 UTC

On Wed, 30 Mar 2022 00:20:36 -0000 (UTC), bks@panix.com (Bradley K.
Sherman) wrote:

>>I quit wearing masks back in march or april 2021, except for two trips
>>to my doctor and some airplin trips..
>
>Yes, we already knew you're an imbecile. What else?
>
> --bks

So you're one of those idiots still clinging to your masks and wearing
them everywhere?

Re: Masks Work, Quantified

<a1g84hpif1r29vf6rguk307b6pla8lq763@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=17657&group=alt.politics#17657

From: Iron_Wh...@Systemic_Patriotism.KMA (Blue Lives Matter)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2022 07:38:49 -0400
 by: Blue Lives Matter - Wed, 30 Mar 2022 11:38 UTC

On Wed, 30 Mar 2022 06:37:18 -0400, NoBody <NoBody@nowhere.com> wrote:

>On Wed, 30 Mar 2022 00:20:36 -0000 (UTC), bks@panix.com (Bradley K.
>Sherman) wrote:

>>>I quit wearing masks back in march or april 2021, except for two trips
>>>to my doctor and some airplin trips..
>>
>>Yes, we already knew you're an imbecile. What else?
>>
>> --bks
>
>So you're one of those idiots still clinging to your masks and wearing
>them everywhere?

<LOL> Letists are such cowards.. They also love to walk in lockstep
with their authoritarian lefist leaders. If Fouchi told them to wear
hazmet suits while sitting on the toilet, they'd do it.

Re: Masks Work, Quantified

<t21thd$b3d$1@reader1.panix.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=17676&group=alt.politics#17676

From: bks...@panix.com (Bradley K. Sherman)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2022 15:38:21 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Bradley K. Sherman - Wed, 30 Mar 2022 15:38 UTC

Blue Girl <Iron_White@Systemic_Patriotism.KMA> wrote:
>>So you're one of those idiots still clinging to your masks and wearing
>>them everywhere?
>
><LOL> Letists are such cowards..

Nothing is more ridiculous than two Russian trolls
**who are afraid to use their real names** calling
other people "cowards".

--bks

Re: Masks Work, Quantified

<ef094hlt8pfik6s1n1agbagsohtm6cscme@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=17677&group=alt.politics#17677

From: Iron_Wh...@Systemic_Patriotism.KMA (Blue Lives Matter)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2022 12:16:19 -0400
 by: Blue Lives Matter - Wed, 30 Mar 2022 16:16 UTC

On Wed, 30 Mar 2022 15:38:21 -0000 (UTC), bks@panix.com (Bradley K.
Sherman) wrote:

>Blue Girl <Iron_White@Systemic_Patriotism.KMA> wrote:
>>>So you're one of those idiots still clinging to your masks and wearing
>>>them everywhere?
>>
>><LOL> Letists are such cowards..
>
>Nothing is more ridiculous than two Russian trolls
>**who are afraid to use their real names** calling
>other people "cowards".
>
> --bks

What does my name have to do with anything? Are you admitting that if
you knew my name you'd be trying to dig into my personal business
instead of just reponding to my posts.

Re: Masks Work, Quantified

<t224j9$3hr$2@reader1.panix.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=17678&group=alt.politics#17678

From: bks...@panix.com (Bradley K. Sherman)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2022 17:38:50 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Bradley K. Sherman - Wed, 30 Mar 2022 17:38 UTC

Blue Lives Matter <Iron_White@Systemic_Patriotism.KMA> wrote:
>On Wed, 30 Mar 2022 15:38:21 -0000 (UTC), bks@panix.com (Bradley K.
>>Blue Girl <Iron_White@Systemic_Patriotism.KMA> wrote:
>>>
>>><LOL> Letists are such cowards..
>>
>>Nothing is more ridiculous than two Russian trolls
>>**who are afraid to use their real names** calling
>>other people "cowards".
>What does my name have to do with anything? ...

Why are you afraid to use it? Is it Russian?

--bks

Re: Masks Work, Quantified

<al594hd3r3ktrg555l3ir0lcm84mdhetje@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=17680&group=alt.politics#17680

From: Iron_Wh...@Systemic_Patriotism.KMA (Blue Lives Matter)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2022 13:44:20 -0400
 by: Blue Lives Matter - Wed, 30 Mar 2022 17:44 UTC

On Wed, 30 Mar 2022 17:38:50 -0000 (UTC), bks@panix.com (Bradley K.
Sherman) wrote:

>Blue Lives Matter <Iron_White@Systemic_Patriotism.KMA> wrote:

>>>Nothing is more ridiculous than two Russian trolls
>>>**who are afraid to use their real names** calling
>>>other people "cowards".
>>What does my name have to do with anything? ...
>
>Why are you afraid to use it? Is it Russian?
>
> --bks

I just explained (and you snipped like the dishonest leftst that you
are)

Re: Masks Work, Quantified

<opva4hhg87bfsqcrti4n8rubbiqlgfvul1@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=17711&group=alt.politics#17711

From: NoB...@nowhere.com (NoBody)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2022 06:15:54 -0400
 by: NoBody - Thu, 31 Mar 2022 10:15 UTC

Sherman) wrote:

>Blue Girl <Iron_White@Systemic_Patriotism.KMA> wrote:
>>>So you're one of those idiots still clinging to your masks and wearing
>>>them everywhere?
>>
>><LOL> Letists are such cowards..
>
>Nothing is more ridiculous than two Russian trolls
>**who are afraid to use their real names** calling
>other people "cowards".
>
> --bks

Look at you, evading a direct question to engage in insult trading...

Re: Masks Work, Quantified

<trva4hpfpv6uqc75g46kof99q233u17l6o@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=17712&group=alt.politics#17712

From: NoB...@nowhere.com (NoBody)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2022 06:17:28 -0400
 by: NoBody - Thu, 31 Mar 2022 10:17 UTC

On Wed, 30 Mar 2022 13:44:20 -0400, Blue Lives Matter
<Iron_White@Systemic_Patriotism.KMA> wrote:

>On Wed, 30 Mar 2022 17:38:50 -0000 (UTC), bks@panix.com (Bradley K.
>Sherman) wrote:
>
>>Blue Lives Matter <Iron_White@Systemic_Patriotism.KMA> wrote:
>>>On Wed, 30 Mar 2022 15:38:21 -0000 (UTC), bks@panix.com (Bradley K.

>>>What does my name have to do with anything? ...
>>
>>Why are you afraid to use it? Is it Russian?
>>
>> --bks
>
>I just explained (and you snipped like the dishonest leftst that you
>are)

Bradley still hasn't backed his claim that he was posting on the
internet well before 80's. Don't take him seriously. He is pure,
Russian propaganda.