From: idi...@getaway.car (Guilty Bastard)
Newsgroups: alt.obituaries
Subject: Claudia Iacono (daughter-in-law of Montreal mobster) Gunned Down
In Montreal
Date: Thu, 18 May 2023 16:40:24 -0300
 by: Guilty Bastard - Thu, 18 May 2023 19:40 UTC

"Targeting a woman would go against 'unwritten rules' of Montreal's
organized crime"

The killing of a woman in broad daylight in her car this week is
believed by police to be linked to organized crime, Montreal's police
chief told reporters on Wednesday, while he was attending a
meet-and-greet the department hosted for members of the public.

"I can't share much with you but we know it's connected to organized
crime," said Fady Dagher.

Dagher did share one significant concern: that if, as suspected, the
shooting death is linked to organized crime, it would be the first time
in Montreal history that a woman was targeted.

"It is concerning. I'm going to be honest with you, but as chief, I was
like, oh, wait a minute, did we cross a line? Are we going somewhere
else now? This is our concern now. We are looking into it to find out
what happened to that person at that moment," Dagher said.

On Tuesday, a 39-year-old woman was struck by several gunshots while
driving her car in a parking lot Tuesday afternoon in the city's
Côte-des-Neiges–Notre-Dame-de-Grâce borough.

The victim is Claudia Iacono, the owner of the Salon Deauville Coiffure
Spa, where the deadly shooting occurred, sources told Noovo Info.

https://montreal.ctvnews.ca/targeting-a-woman-would-go-against-unwritten-rules-of-montreal-s-organized-crime-1.6402793