How do you explain school to a higher intelligence? -- Elliot, "E.T."

interests / alt.obituaries / Rick Hoyt, 61, rolling half of long-distance-footrace competitors Team Hoyt

SubjectAuthor
* Rick Hoyt, 61, rolling half of long-distance-footrace competitorsradioacti...@gmail.com
`* Re: Rick Hoyt, 61, rolling half of long-distance-footrace competitors Team HoytLouis Epstein
 `- Re: Rick Hoyt, 61, rolling half of long-distance-footrace competitors Team HoytLouis Epstein

1
Rick Hoyt, 61, rolling half of long-distance-footrace competitors Team Hoyt

<d5cc99d9-c084-4cb7-a31e-02a924fac64fn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=17677&group=alt.obituaries#17677

Newsgroups: alt.obituaries
Date: Mon, 22 May 2023 17:52:54 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Rick Hoyt, 61, rolling half of long-distance-footrace competitors
Team Hoyt
From: radioact...@gmail.com (radioacti...@gmail.com)
 by: radioacti...@gmail.c - Tue, 23 May 2023 00:52 UTC

His diligent dad DIck died a couple years back, and now the congenitally-disabled Rick is gone, too, having expired today, concluding a relatively short lifespan* which never really got out of life's starting blocks.

But neither shall be forgotten to anyone acquainted with the sad yet inspiring story of these Bay State amateur athletes.

BRYAN STYBLE/Florida
-------------------------------------
* But maybe shortchanged only by the statistical standards of those of us lucky enough to enter the world in a healthy state; perhaps for those so cursedly afflicted with the younger Hoyt's condition, 61 years is beating the odds.
===================
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Team_Hoyt

Re: Rick Hoyt, 61, rolling half of long-distance-footrace competitors Team Hoyt

<u4h4lv$7ru$1@reader2.panix.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=17678&group=alt.obituaries#17678

From: le...@main.lekno.ws (Louis Epstein)
Newsgroups: alt.obituaries
Subject: Re: Rick Hoyt, 61, rolling half of long-distance-footrace competitors Team Hoyt
Date: Tue, 23 May 2023 01:25:19 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Louis Epstein - Tue, 23 May 2023 01:25 UTC

radioacti...@gmail.com <radioactiveseattle@gmail.com> wrote:
> His diligent dad DIck died a couple years back, and now the
> congenitally-disabled Rick is gone, too, having expired today, concluding a
> relatively short lifespan* which never really got out of life's starting
> blocks.
>
> But neither shall be forgotten to anyone acquainted with the sad yet
> inspiring story of these Bay State amateur athletes.
>
> BRYAN STYBLE/Florida
> -------------------------------------
> * But maybe shortchanged only by the statistical standards of those of us
> lucky enough to enter the world in a healthy state; perhaps for those so
> cursedly afflicted with the younger Hoyt's condition, 61 years is beating the
> odds.

Both of Team Hoyt lived longer than the man I associate with
the name "Dick Hoyt",the financier and aviation entrepreneur
Richard Farnsworth Hoyt who died in 1935 (before either of
the Hoyts at hand were born) still years short of 50.

> ===================
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Team_Hoyt

-=-=-

Re: Rick Hoyt, 61, rolling half of long-distance-footrace competitors Team Hoyt

<u4hfk9$dp6$1@reader2.panix.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=17682&group=alt.obituaries#17682

From: le...@main.lekno.ws (Louis Epstein)
Newsgroups: alt.obituaries
Date: Tue, 23 May 2023 04:32:09 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Louis Epstein - Tue, 23 May 2023 04:32 UTC

Louis Epstein <le@main.lekno.ws> wrote:
> radioacti...@gmail.com <radioactiveseattle@gmail.com> wrote:
>> His diligent dad DIck died a couple years back, and now the
>> congenitally-disabled Rick is gone, too, having expired today, concluding a
>> relatively short lifespan* which never really got out of life's starting
>> blocks.
>>
>> But neither shall be forgotten to anyone acquainted with the sad yet
>> inspiring story of these Bay State amateur athletes.
>>
>> BRYAN STYBLE/Florida
>> -------------------------------------
>> * But maybe shortchanged only by the statistical standards of those of us
>> lucky enough to enter the world in a healthy state; perhaps for those so
>> cursedly afflicted with the younger Hoyt's condition, 61 years is beating the
>> odds.
>
> Both of Team Hoyt lived longer than the man I associate with
> the name "Dick Hoyt",the financier and aviation entrepreneur
> Richard Farnsworth Hoyt who died in 1935 (before either of
> the Hoyts at hand were born) still years short of 50.

If I might be permitted to fly off on a tangent about R.F. Hoyt,
who I was most familiar with previously from his appearance as a
henchman in Ralph A. O'Neill's A DREAM OF EAGLES (whenever O'Neill
tried to find a backer for his airline,the investor would back out
after calling supposed expert Hoyt,who would tell tall tales about
O'Neill's unfitness that served the interests of O'Neill's rivals
with whom Hoyt worked closely),I found this about him and his old
Manhattan house:
http://daytoninmanhattan.blogspot.com/2019/10/the-richard-f-hoyt-house-44-east-71st.html
(The article has its problems but has interesting material).