You can't play your friends like marks, kid. -- Henry Gondorf, "The Sting"

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: Mike "We lie, We cheat, We steal" Pompeo bible study

SubjectAuthor
* Mike "We lie, We cheat, We steal" Pompeo bible studychromebook test
`- Re: Mike "We lie, We cheat, We steal" Pompeo bible studychromebook test

1
Mike "We lie, We cheat, We steal" Pompeo bible study

<280a7e15-83f0-4abd-9b09-b0510dbb1dd4n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=176878&group=rec.arts.tv#176878

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2023 08:14:47 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Mike "We lie, We cheat, We steal" Pompeo bible study
From: chromium...@gmail.com (chromebook test)
 by: chromebook test - Sat, 25 Feb 2023 16:14 UTC

As I continued to read my Bible and study American history, the
connections between our two nations became even more personal. In the
early 2000s, long before I entered public life, I took Susan and Nick to
Israel for a family trip. I also had business there, as my company, Thayer
Aerospace, was a customer of and a supplier to Israeli Aerospace Industries..
On that trip, we visited Jewish and Christian sites, traveling to Bethlehem
as well as through Galilee to Capernaum and Nazareth. We walked the path
Jesus walked to the cross and prayed at Gethsemane and the Western Wall.

My next visit was as a member of Congress in 2011, when I also first
met Prime Minister Netanyahu. In his speech on security matters, he quoted
the Old Testament and cited the history of the Jewish people. I told him that
I was deeply aware that God gave the title deed of the land of Israel to
Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, and their descendants forever.

For many evangelical Christians, support for Israel
matters for many reasons, perhaps best summed up in Genesis 12:3: “I will
bless those who bless you and whoever curses you I will curse.” Sign me up
for the blessings part! I’ve now visited Israel several dozen times, and to be
there—walking where Jesus walked and praying where Jesus prayed—is
like nothing else on earth.

As I grew a little older, I was surprised to discover that not everyone
shared my admiration for Israel’s pluck and determination, as well as my
belief in Israel’s importance to our country. At Harvard Law School in the
1990s, I got my first real taste of the foaming-at-the-mouth anti-Zionism
that pervades American higher education. Students and professors spread
disinformation about how “colonialist” Israel was imposing “apartheid”
against the Palestinians. Sadly, many of my classmates went on to have
high-powered careers in the halls of politics and international affairs, where
they have helped to spread this disease of ignorance. Anti-Israel bias has
only gotten worse on America’s so-called prestige campuses today. One
study released in 2021 found that for very liberal young Americans, “Israel
is on par with China and Iran.” In 2022, the Harvard student newspaper, the
Harvard Crimson, officially endorsed the anti-Semitic, Israel-focused
Boycott, Divest, and Sanction (BDS) movement that is so prevalent on
college campuses. A rising generation of hateful Ilhan Omar clones seeks to
rupture one of America’s most important alliances.

Equally critical was our decision to define the campus-based BDS
movement as anti-Semitic. We even changed an American trade rule to
permit imported products made in Israeli settlements in the West Bank to be
labeled “Made in Israel.” On my sixth and final trip to Israel in 2020, Susan
and I visited a winery in an Israeli settlement. A vintner who appreciated
our efforts presented me with a bottle of wine with the name “Pompeo” on
the label. I hope I age as well as that vintage surely will.

Selected excerpts from Mike Pompeo - Never Give an Inch (2022)

tags: never pay a dime for this drivel

https://annas-archive.org/md5/2dab3a1590e5812fb58a3108af84b036

Re: Mike "We lie, We cheat, We steal" Pompeo bible study

<419f16f9-e3ed-40f9-a4a6-1a1da6f13358n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=176880&group=rec.arts.tv#176880

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2023 08:37:18 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: Mike "We lie, We cheat, We steal" Pompeo bible study
From: chromium...@gmail.com (chromebook test)
 by: chromebook test - Sat, 25 Feb 2023 16:37 UTC

On Saturday, February 25, 2023 at 11:14:50 AM UTC-5, chromebook test wrote:

> My next visit was as a member of Congress in 2011, when I also first
> met Prime Minister Netanyahu. In his speech on security matters, he quoted
> the Old Testament and cited the history of the Jewish people. I told him that
> I was deeply aware that God gave the title deed of the land of Israel to
> Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, and their descendants forever.

> Selected excerpts from Mike Pompeo - Never Give an Inch (2022)

Previously on, "Not One Inch"
https://groups.google.com/g/rec.arts.tv/c/trPNEZlhyHI/m/3TKtmJQrLoAJ

In January 1998 Netanyahu traveled to Washington to meet with President
Bill Clinton, but first detoured to the Mayflower Hotel where hundreds of
Christian Zionists had been assembled by Jerry Falwell. In reference to
the "land for peace" negotiations,

John Hagee led the crowd in yelling, "Not one inch! Not one inch!" When
Falwell was later interviewed he stated, "It was all planned by Netanyahu
as an affront to Clinton." After the rally, Netanyahu met with evangelical
leaders who promised to organize their churches against the peace efforts.

tags: your government has been hijacked by crazed zealots with jerusalem syndrome

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: Mike "We lie, We cheat, We steal" Pompeo bible study