You can get there from here, but why on earth would you want to?

interests / rec.outdoors.rv-travel / Oregon community college offering cannabis job training

SubjectAuthor
* Oregon community college offering cannabis job trainingTechnobarbarian
`* Re: Oregon community college offering cannabis job trainingfilm...@gmail.com
 +- Re: Oregon community college offering cannabis job trainingTechnobarbarian
 `* Re: Oregon community college offering cannabis job trainingbfh
  `- Re: Oregon community college offering cannabis job trainingfilm...@gmail.com

1
Oregon community college offering cannabis job training

<fe671598-2964-4b01-87eb-f2330d7c8a05n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=18022&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#18022

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2023 12:31:41 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Oregon community college offering cannabis job training
From: technoba...@gmail.com (Technobarbarian)
 by: Technobarbarian - Mon, 6 Feb 2023 20:31 UTC

This could explain why there's a shortage of workers.

"An Oregon community college offering cannabis job training

The fast-growing legal cannabis industry needs workers from the garden to the dispensary, Now a community college in the Dalles is offering online training courses."

"“For three years in a row now, the cannabis industry has been the fastest growing job sector in the United States, adding 100,000 people per year to the industry,” said Max Simon, CEO of Green Flower, a leader in cannabis education in 33 states, working with colleges and universities to teach the cannabis trade."

"These are non-credit courses that once successfully completed, earn you a certificate of sorts and more, according to Ed.D, VP of Instructional Services at Columbia Gorge Community College, Jarett Gilbert.

“They receive a digital badge from Green Flower and recognition of their achievement of completion of this non-credit course. And access to the Green Flower employer network, which is really incredible for students looking to get into the industry,” said Jarett."

"The three individual courses are 100% online and take eight weeks to complete, spending five to seven hours a week. The cost for each course through CGCC is $800."

https://www.kgw.com/article/news/education/cannabis-job-training-oregon-education/283-c1d5aa86-d6ae-4aa5-9340-407d73408a38

TB

Re: Oregon community college offering cannabis job training

<504f3af6-6287-43c8-a54a-96482ad5eb66n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=18027&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#18027

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2023 14:45:02 -0800 (PST)
From: filmby...@gmail.com (film...@gmail.com)
 by: film...@gmail.com - Mon, 6 Feb 2023 22:45 UTC

On Monday, February 6, 2023 at 12:31:43 PM UTC-8, Technobarbarian wrote:
> This could explain why there's a shortage of workers.
>
> "An Oregon community college offering cannabis job training
>
> The fast-growing legal cannabis industry needs workers from the garden to the dispensary, Now a community college in the Dalles is offering online training courses."
>
> "“For three years in a row now, the cannabis industry has been the fastest growing job sector in the United States, adding 100,000 people per year to the industry,” said Max Simon, CEO of Green Flower, a leader in cannabis education in 33 states, working with colleges and universities to teach the cannabis trade."
>
> "These are non-credit courses that once successfully completed, earn you a certificate of sorts and more, according to Ed.D, VP of Instructional Services at Columbia Gorge Community College, Jarett Gilbert.
>
> “They receive a digital badge from Green Flower and recognition of their achievement of completion of this non-credit course. And access to the Green Flower employer network, which is really incredible for students looking to get into the industry,” said Jarett."
>
> "The three individual courses are 100% online and take eight weeks to complete, spending five to seven hours a week. The cost for each course through CGCC is $800."
>
> https://www.kgw.com/article/news/education/cannabis-job-training-oregon-education/283-c1d5aa86-d6ae-4aa5-9340-407d73408a38
>
> TB

$800 for a course very much like working as a clerk, in a liquor store? What a total rip off!

Silas Marner Jr.

Re: Oregon community college offering cannabis job training

<408d7d2f-f414-45c6-849c-fbc07479f9b1n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=18028&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#18028

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2023 15:58:25 -0800 (PST)
From: technoba...@gmail.com (Technobarbarian)
 by: Technobarbarian - Mon, 6 Feb 2023 23:58 UTC

On Monday, February 6, 2023 at 2:45:04 PM UTC-8, film...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Monday, February 6, 2023 at 12:31:43 PM UTC-8, Technobarbarian wrote:
> > This could explain why there's a shortage of workers.
> >
> > "An Oregon community college offering cannabis job training
> >
> > The fast-growing legal cannabis industry needs workers from the garden to the dispensary, Now a community college in the Dalles is offering online training courses."
> >
> > "“For three years in a row now, the cannabis industry has been the fastest growing job sector in the United States, adding 100,000 people per year to the industry,” said Max Simon, CEO of Green Flower, a leader in cannabis education in 33 states, working with colleges and universities to teach the cannabis trade."
> >
> > "These are non-credit courses that once successfully completed, earn you a certificate of sorts and more, according to Ed.D, VP of Instructional Services at Columbia Gorge Community College, Jarett Gilbert.
> >
> > “They receive a digital badge from Green Flower and recognition of their achievement of completion of this non-credit course. And access to the Green Flower employer network, which is really incredible for students looking to get into the industry,” said Jarett."
> >
> > "The three individual courses are 100% online and take eight weeks to complete, spending five to seven hours a week. The cost for each course through CGCC is $800."
> >
> > https://www.kgw.com/article/news/education/cannabis-job-training-oregon-education/283-c1d5aa86-d6ae-4aa5-9340-407d73408a38
> >
> > TB
> $800 for a course very much like working as a clerk, in a liquor store? What a total rip off!
>
> Silas Marner Jr.

There are actually 3 courses to get their digital gold star. OTOH there is more to the business than clerks and plant tenders. There are people who are making serious money in a serious business. I would be surprised if this course was a way to get there. It looks like all the college gets out of it is a sales commission and some free publicity.

TB

Re: Oregon community college offering cannabis job training

<JjhEL.70081$b7Kc.40418@fx39.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=18032&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#18032

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: redy...@rye.net (bfh)
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2023 19:55:05 -0500
 by: bfh - Tue, 7 Feb 2023 00:55 UTC

film...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Monday, February 6, 2023 at 12:31:43 PM UTC-8, Technobarbarian
> wrote:
>> This could explain why there's a shortage of workers.
>>
>> "An Oregon community college offering cannabis job training
>>
>> The fast-growing legal cannabis industry needs workers from the
>> garden to the dispensary, Now a community college in the Dalles
>> is offering online training courses."
>>
>> "“For three years in a row now, the cannabis industry has been
>> the fastest growing job sector in the United States, adding
>> 100,000 people per year to the industry,” said Max Simon, CEO
>> of Green Flower, a leader in cannabis education in 33 states,
>> working with colleges and universities to teach the cannabis
>> trade."
>>
>> "These are non-credit courses that once successfully completed,
>> earn you a certificate of sorts and more, according to Ed.D, VP
>> of Instructional Services at Columbia Gorge Community College,
>> Jarett Gilbert.
>>
>> “They receive a digital badge from Green Flower and recognition
>> of their achievement of completion of this non-credit course. And
>> access to the Green Flower employer network, which is really
>> incredible for students looking to get into the industry,” said
>> Jarett."
>>
>> "The three individual courses are 100% online and take eight
>> weeks to complete, spending five to seven hours a week. The cost
>> for each course through CGCC is $800."
>>
>> https://www.kgw.com/article/news/education/cannabis-job-training-oregon-education/283-c1d5aa86-d6ae-4aa5-9340-407d73408a38

TB

> $800 for a course very much like working as a clerk, in a liquor
> store? What a total rip off!

Hey. Quit throwing spaghetti at Oregon. They know what they're doing.

--
bill

Re: Oregon community college offering cannabis job training

<1d72560c-549e-4e9d-b44a-b6553695fe88n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=18039&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#18039

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2023 20:06:43 -0800 (PST)
From: filmby...@gmail.com (film...@gmail.com)
 by: film...@gmail.com - Tue, 7 Feb 2023 04:06 UTC

On Monday, February 6, 2023 at 4:55:09 PM UTC-8, bfh wrote:
> film...@gmail.com wrote:
> > On Monday, February 6, 2023 at 12:31:43 PM UTC-8, Technobarbarian
> > wrote:
> >> This could explain why there's a shortage of workers.
> >>
> >> "An Oregon community college offering cannabis job training
> >>
> >> The fast-growing legal cannabis industry needs workers from the
> >> garden to the dispensary, Now a community college in the Dalles
> >> is offering online training courses."
> >>
> >> "“For three years in a row now, the cannabis industry has been
> >> the fastest growing job sector in the United States, adding
> >> 100,000 people per year to the industry,†said Max Simon, CEO
> >> of Green Flower, a leader in cannabis education in 33 states,
> >> working with colleges and universities to teach the cannabis
> >> trade."
> >>
> >> "These are non-credit courses that once successfully completed,
> >> earn you a certificate of sorts and more, according to Ed.D, VP
> >> of Instructional Services at Columbia Gorge Community College,
> >> Jarett Gilbert.
> >>
> >> “They receive a digital badge from Green Flower and recognition
> >> of their achievement of completion of this non-credit course. And
> >> access to the Green Flower employer network, which is really
> >> incredible for students looking to get into the industry,†said
> >> Jarett."
> >>
> >> "The three individual courses are 100% online and take eight
> >> weeks to complete, spending five to seven hours a week. The cost
> >> for each course through CGCC is $800."
> >>
> >> https://www.kgw.com/article/news/education/cannabis-job-training-oregon-education/283-c1d5aa86-d6ae-4aa5-9340-407d73408a38
> >>

> TB
> >
> > $800 for a course very much like working as a clerk, in a liquor
> > store? What a total rip off!
> Hey. Quit throwing spaghetti at Oregon. They know what they're doing.
>
> --
> bill
> Theory don't mean squat if it don't work.

Oregon is not throwing any spaghetti, Nosir! They are only condoning free, & legal enterprise, through their, "State Right".... OTOH, do you think Federal student loans might be available, to develop the students job skills, in such a line of work? If so, it looks like "Brandon" , is not only "soft", on M.J., but since he's not throwing a fit about the moral outrage, he's actually encouraging "Pothead Culture", by his ipso facto enablement!

Groovy Judge Humps