Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2023 15:15:11 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Porn star Ron Jeremy committed to state mental hospital
From: technoba...@gmail.com (Technobarbarian)
 by: Technobarbarian - Wed, 8 Feb 2023 23:15 UTC

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Porn star Ron Jeremy was committed to a state mental health hospital after being found incompetent to stand trial on rape and other charges, a spokesperson for the Los Angeles District Attorney said on Tuesday.

Jeremy can be held for up to two years, said Greg Risling, spokesperson for the district attorney's office. A hearing on Jeremy's progress is scheduled for May 8.

The 69-year-old had been charged with 30 counts of rape and other sexual misconduct stemming from incidents in the Los Angeles area over a 23-year period. He had pleaded not guilty.

In January, Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Ronald S. Harris ruled that Jeremy was not competent to assist in his defense, according to his attorney, Stuart Goldfarb.

Goldfarb did not immediately respond to a request for comment on Tuesday.

Jeremy was among the biggest names in the adult film industry, appearing in more than 2,000 movies starting in the 1970s.

The actor had been in prison since his arrest in 2020."

https://news.yahoo.com/porn-star-ron-jeremy-committed-223009485.html

TB

Re: Porn star Ron Jeremy committed to state mental hospital

<ts1h3c$dk3p$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=18086&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#18086

From: ganth...@gmail.org (George.Anthony)
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2023 19:09:00 -0600
 by: George.Anthony - Thu, 9 Feb 2023 01:09 UTC

On 2/8/2023 5:15 PM, Technobarbarian wrote:

> LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Porn star Ron Jeremy was committed to a state mental health hospital after being found incompetent to stand trial on rape and other charges, a spokesperson for the Los Angeles District Attorney said on Tuesday.
>
> Jeremy can be held for up to two years, said Greg Risling, spokesperson for the district attorney's office. A hearing on Jeremy's progress is scheduled for May 8.
>
> The 69-year-old had been charged with 30 counts of rape and other sexual misconduct stemming from incidents in the Los Angeles area over a 23-year period. He had pleaded not guilty.
>
> In January, Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Ronald S. Harris ruled that Jeremy was not competent to assist in his defense, according to his attorney, Stuart Goldfarb.
>
> Goldfarb did not immediately respond to a request for comment on Tuesday.
>
> Jeremy was among the biggest names in the adult film industry, appearing in more than 2,000 movies starting in the 1970s.
>
> The actor had been in prison since his arrest in 2020."
>
> https://news.yahoo.com/porn-star-ron-jeremy-committed-223009485.html
>
> TB

Only you in this group would find that newsworthy. Takes one to know
one, I guess.
--
"I just saved a bunch of money on my insurance by switching to reverse
and leaving the scene."