The things that interest people most are usually none of their business.

interests / soc.history.medieval / Blast it! Now he tells us!

SubjectAuthor
* Blast it! Now he tells us!a425couple
+- Re: Blast it! Now he tells us! or ---a425couple
`- Re: Blast it! Now he tells us! This one is really BAD !a425couple

1
Blast it! Now he tells us!

<ByFOJ.59030$H_t7.27430@fx40.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=1811&group=soc.history.medieval#1811

Newsgroups: soc.history.medieval,alt.religion.biblestudy
From: a425cou...@hotmail.com (a425couple)
Subject: Blast it! Now he tells us!
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2022 19:59:29 -0800
 by: a425couple - Tue, 15 Feb 2022 03:59 UTC

Blast it! Now he tells us!

https://nypost.com/2021/12/08/pope-says-extramarital-sex-sins-arent-that-serious/

Jorge Bergoglio, AKA Pope Francis I, says sins of the flesh
are not that serious.
Why did he wait until I was in my mid-70s to tell us that.
When I was attending high school, college, and serving
in the USMC, they told us we'd burn in hell for doing it.
It would have made for a lot less stress if they had told
us this back then.

Re: Blast it! Now he tells us! or ---

<iCFOJ.37315$Lbb6.1070@fx45.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=1812&group=soc.history.medieval#1812

Subject: Re: Blast it! Now he tells us! or ---
Newsgroups: soc.history.medieval,alt.religion.biblestudy
From: a425cou...@hotmail.com (a425couple)
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2022 20:03:25 -0800
 by: a425couple - Tue, 15 Feb 2022 04:03 UTC

On 2/14/2022 7:59 PM, a425couple wrote:
> Blast it!  Now he tells us!
>
> https://nypost.com/2021/12/08/pope-says-extramarital-sex-sins-arent-that-serious/
>

> Jorge Bergoglio, AKA Pope Francis I, says sins of the flesh
> are not that serious.
> Why did he wait until I was in my mid-70s to tell us that.
> When I was attending high school, college, and serving
> in the USMC, they told us we'd burn in hell for doing it.
> It would have made for a lot less stress if they had told
> us this back then.

and another:

https://www.jokespinoy.com/english-jokes/the-old-monk-joke/

or
https://www.ajokeaday.com/jokes/religious-jokes/old-monk-y9z92c17e3

A young monk arrives at the monastery. He is assigned to helping
the other monks in copying the old laws of the church by hand.

He notices, however, that all of the monks are copying from copies,
not from the original manuscript. So, the new monk goes to the head
monk to question this, pointing out that if someone made even a small
error in the first copy, it would never be picked up! In fact,
that error would be continued in all of the subsequent copies.

The head monk, says, "We have been copying from the copies for
centuries, but you make a good point, my son."

He goes down into the dark caves underneath the monastery where
the original manuscripts are held as archives in a locked vault
that hasn't been opened for hundreds of years. Hours go by and
nobody sees the head monk.

So, the young monk gets worried and goes down to look for him.
He sees him banging his head against the wall and wailing.

"We missed the R!
We missed the R!
We missed the R!"

His forehead is all bloody and bruised and he is crying
uncontrollably. The young monk asks the head monk, "What's wrong,
father?"

The head monk with tears in his eyes replies, "The word is
celebrate not celibate!"

Re: Blast it! Now he tells us! This one is really BAD !

<0MFOJ.125398$Rza5.58038@fx47.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=1813&group=soc.history.medieval#1813

Subject: Re: Blast it! Now he tells us! This one is really BAD !
Newsgroups: soc.history.medieval,alt.religion.biblestudy
From: a425cou...@hotmail.com (a425couple)
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2022 20:13:48 -0800
 by: a425couple - Tue, 15 Feb 2022 04:13 UTC

On 2/14/2022 7:59 PM, a425couple wrote:
> Blast it!  Now he tells us!
>
> https://nypost.com/2021/12/08/pope-says-extramarital-sex-sins-arent-that-serious/

There were once some monks who decided to raise money by opening a
flower shop
There was once an order of monks that needed to raise some money. They
figured that the best way to do this was by opening a flower shop and
selling flowers.

Now, these monks sold their flowers really cheap, and everyone liked the
idea of buying flowers from men of God, so much so that all the other
florists slowly lost all their business.

Realizing their predicament, the florists banded to figure out how to
remove these monks. They finally settled on Big Hugh, the best
kneecapper in town. Big Hugh went to the monks and made several casual
comments about the flammability of their monastary. Cowed, the monks
caved to his demands,
thus proving that only Hugh can prevent florist friars.