interests / rec.outdoors.rv-travel / Re: Another Republican Fabulist

SubjectAuthor
* Another Republican FabulistTechnobarbarian
`* Re: Another Republican Fabulistbfh
 +- Re: Another Republican FabulistGeorge.Anthony
 `* Re: Another Republican FabulistTechnobarbarian
   `* Re: Another Republican Fabulistfilm...@gmail.com
    `* Re: Another Republican Fabulistbfh
     `* Re: Another Republican FabulistGeorge.Anthony
      `* Re: Another Republican Fabulistbfh
       `- Re: Another Republican FabulistGeorge.Anthony

1
Another Republican Fabulist

<c52e3a84-2c1c-4939-8b9a-6336c27854dfn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=18100&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#18100

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2023 10:44:44 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Another Republican Fabulist
From: technoba...@gmail.com (Technobarbarian)
 by: Technobarbarian - Fri, 10 Feb 2023 18:44 UTC

#45 has shown them the way and the hucksters are following his lead.

"Another newly elected Republican House member has had doubt cast on her backstory after a deeply-reported Washington Post profile found several discrepancies.

Rep. Anna Paulina Luna (R-FL) has described herself as a Hispanic conservative who grew up poor, survived a home invasion and lost her grandmother to HIV/AIDS due to heroin use. But those details have come as a surprise to family members and friends who knew her before she entered politics about five years ago, reported the Washington Post.

https://www.rawstory.com/anna-luna-biography/

TB

"

Re: Another Republican Fabulist

<h1xFL.784696$9sn9.475261@fx17.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=18101&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#18101

Subject: Re: Another Republican Fabulist
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: redy...@rye.net (bfh)
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2023 14:36:44 -0500
 by: bfh - Fri, 10 Feb 2023 19:36 UTC

Technobarbarian wrote:

> #45 has shown them the way and the hucksters are following his
> lead.
>
> "Another newly elected Republican House member has had doubt cast
> on her backstory after a deeply-reported Washington Post profile
> found several discrepancies.
>
> Rep. Anna Paulina Luna (R-FL) has described herself as a Hispanic
> conservative who grew up poor, survived a home invasion and lost
> her grandmother to HIV/AIDS due to heroin use. But those details
> have come as a surprise to family members and friends who knew her
> before she entered politics about five years ago, reported the
> Washington Post.
>
> https://www.rawstory.com/anna-luna-biography/

Biden has shown them all the way - starting back in 1987.
WASHINGTON — Standing in front of Floridians who had lost everything
during Hurricane Ian, President Biden on Wednesday recalled his own
house being nearly destroyed 15 years ago: “We didn’t lose our whole
home, but lightning struck and we lost an awful lot of it,” he said.

Mr. Biden has mentioned the incident before, once saying that he knows
what it’s like “having had a house burn down with my wife in it.”

In fact, news reports at the time called it little more than “a small
fire that was contained to the kitchen” and quoted the local Delaware
fire chief as saying “the fire was under control in 20 minutes.”

The story is not an isolated example of embellishment.

The exaggerated biography that Mr. Biden tells includes having been a
fierce civil rights activist who was repeatedly arrested. He has
claimed to have been an award-winning student who earned three
degrees. And last week, speaking on the hurricane-devastated island of
Puerto Rico, he said he had been “raised in the Puerto Rican community
at home, politically.”

For more than four decades, Mr. Biden has embraced storytelling as a
way of connecting with his audience, often emphasizing the truth of
his account by adding, “Not a joke!” in the middle of a story. But Mr.
Biden’s folksiness can veer into folklore, with dates that don’t quite
add up and details that are exaggerated or wrong, the factual edges
shaved off to make them more powerful for audiences.

Mr. Biden’s instances of exaggeration and falsehood fall far well
short of those of his predecessor, who during four years in office
delivered what the Washington Post fact checker called a “tsunami of
untruths” and CNN described as a “staggering avalanche of daily
wrongness.”

Former President Donald J. Trump lied constantly, not only about
trivial details (like insisting it hadn’t rained during his
inauguration when it clearly had) but also about consequential moments
— misleading about the pandemic, perpetrating the “big lie” that Mr.
Biden stole the 2020 election, and claiming falsely that the Capitol
was not attacked by his supporters on Jan. 6, 2021.

Mr. Biden’s fictions are nowhere near that scale. But they are
emblematic of how the president, over nearly five decades in public
life, has been unable to break himself of the habit of spinning
embellished narratives, sometimes only loosely based on the facts, to
weave together his political identity. And they provide political
ammunition for Republicans eager to tar him as too feeble to run for
re-election in two years.

His stories have been repeatedly and publicly challenged, as far back
as his 1987 campaign for president, when his attempts to adopt someone
else’s life story as his own, and his false claims about his academic
record, forced him to withdraw.
During his first presidential run in 1987, Mr. Biden said he “went to
law school on a full academic scholarship,” bragged that he “ended up
in the top half” of his law school class, and insisted that he
“graduated with three degrees from undergraduate school.”

If fact, as he later admitted, he had only a partial scholarship, was
76th out of 85 law school student and graduated with one bachelor's
degree (with a double major in history and political science).
https://www.nytimes.com/2022/10/10/us/politics/biden-exaggeration-falsehood.html

--
bill

Re: Another Republican Fabulist

<ts6dtg$15ibc$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=18103&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#18103

From: ganth...@gmail.org (George.Anthony)
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2023 15:45:20 -0600
 by: George.Anthony - Fri, 10 Feb 2023 21:45 UTC

On 2/10/2023 1:36 PM, bfh wrote:
> [...]
> ammunition for Republicans eager to tar him as too feeble to run for
> re-election in two years.
>
> His stories have been repeatedly and publicly challenged, as far back as
> his 1987 campaign for president, when his attempts to adopt someone
> else’s life story as his own, and his false claims about his academic
> record, forced him to withdraw.
> During his first presidential run in 1987, Mr. Biden said he “went to
> law school on a full academic scholarship,” bragged that he “ended up in
> the top half” of his law school class, and insisted that he “graduated
> with three degrees from undergraduate school.”
>
> If fact, as he later admitted, he had only a partial scholarship, was
> 76th out of 85 law school student and graduated with one bachelor's
> degree (with a double major in history and political science).

She's a politician. Sorry to say that most, if not all, lie. I do think
Biden has set the bar pretty high, though.
--
"I just saved a bunch of money on my insurance by switching to reverse
and leaving the scene."

Re: Another Republican Fabulist

<c51e3aaf-f54f-492f-bba2-d7edf3867ecen@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=18105&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#18105

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2023 14:08:38 -0800 (PST)
From: technoba...@gmail.com (Technobarbarian)
 by: Technobarbarian - Fri, 10 Feb 2023 22:08 UTC

On Friday, February 10, 2023 at 11:36:48 AM UTC-8, bfh wrote:
> [...]
> as his 1987 campaign for president, when his attempts to adopt someone
> else’s life story as his own, and his false claims about his academic
> record, forced him to withdraw.
> During his first presidential run in 1987, Mr. Biden said he “went to
> law school on a full academic scholarship,” bragged that he “ended up
> in the top half” of his law school class, and insisted that he
> “graduated with three degrees from undergraduate school.”
>
> If fact, as he later admitted, he had only a partial scholarship, was
> 76th out of 85 law school student and graduated with one bachelor's
> degree (with a double major in history and political science).
> https://www.nytimes.com/2022/10/10/us/politics/biden-exaggeration-falsehood.html
>
> --
> bill
> Theory don't mean squat if it don't work.

Now I get to do my jive ass imitation, except that I put my point right out front. But, But, but, whine, snort, you ignored my point. I don't think anyone in their right mind has ever said Biden was a saint. I was talking about the followers. Does Biden have a gaggle of batshit crazy clowns trying to out clown him, the way a whole gaggle of batshit crazy clowns are trying to out clown the orange clown, with even crazier performances?

TB

Re: Another Republican Fabulist

<ts6p5s$16roq$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=18110&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#18110

From: ganth...@gmail.org (George.Anthony)
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2023 18:57:32 -0600
 by: George.Anthony - Sat, 11 Feb 2023 00:57 UTC

On 2/10/2023 4:08 PM, Technobarbarian wrote:
> [...]
>>
>> If fact, as he later admitted, he had only a partial scholarship, was
>> 76th out of 85 law school student and graduated with one bachelor's
>> degree (with a double major in history and political science).
>> https://www.nytimes.com/2022/10/10/us/politics/biden-exaggeration-falsehood.html
>>
>> --
>> bill
>> Theory don't mean squat if it don't work.
>
> Now I get to do my jive ass imitation, except that I put my point right out front. But, But, but, whine, snort, you ignored my point. I don't think anyone in their right mind has ever said Biden was a saint. I was talking about the followers. Does Biden have a gaggle of batshit crazy clowns trying to out clown him, the way a whole gaggle of batshit crazy clowns are trying to out clown the orange clown, with even crazier performances?

Biden's followers aren't trying to out clown him. They are struggling to
just keep up. By the way, just how crazy is bat shit?
--
"I just saved a bunch of money on my insurance by switching to reverse
and leaving the scene."

Re: Another Republican Fabulist

<1oCFL.750367$vBI8.719049@fx15.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=18112&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#18112

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: redy...@rye.net (bfh)
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2023 20:42:20 -0500
 by: bfh - Sat, 11 Feb 2023 01:42 UTC

Technobarbarian wrote:
> [...]
>> undergraduate school.”
>>
>> If fact, as he later admitted, he had only a partial scholarship,
>> was 76th out of 85 law school student and graduated with one
>> bachelor's degree (with a double major in history and political
>> science).
>> https://www.nytimes.com/2022/10/10/us/politics/biden-exaggeration-falsehood.html

--
>> bill Theory don't mean squat if it don't work.
>
> Now I get to do my jive ass imitation, except that I put my point
> right out front. But, But, but, whine, snort, you ignored my point.
> I don't think anyone in their right mind has ever said Biden was a
> saint. I was talking about the followers. Does Biden have a gaggle
> of batshit crazy clowns trying to out clown him, the way a whole
> gaggle of batshit crazy clowns are trying to out clown the orange

LOL. At the end of the day going forward, you're literally still a
hoot - and apparently not a transitory one.

--
bill

Re: Another Republican Fabulist

<7d74aa3c-8612-492a-a15e-62acd051dd81n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=18115&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#18115

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2023 20:09:50 -0800 (PST)
From: filmby...@gmail.com (film...@gmail.com)
 by: film...@gmail.com - Sat, 11 Feb 2023 04:09 UTC

On Friday, February 10, 2023 at 5:42:24 PM UTC-8, bfh wrote:
> [...]
> >> science).
> >> https://www.nytimes.com/2022/10/10/us/politics/biden-exaggeration-falsehood.html
> >>

> --
> >> bill Theory don't mean squat if it don't work.
> >
> > Now I get to do my jive ass imitation, except that I put my point
> > right out front. But, But, but, whine, snort, you ignored my point.
> > I don't think anyone in their right mind has ever said Biden was a
> > saint. I was talking about the followers. Does Biden have a gaggle
> > of batshit crazy clowns trying to out clown him, the way a whole
> > gaggle of batshit crazy clowns are trying to out clown the orange
> > clown, with even crazier performances?
> LOL. At the end of the day going forward, you're literally still a
> hoot - and apparently not a transitory one.
> --
> bill
> Theory don't mean squat if it don't work.

This is just from my questionable memory, but I seem to recall Brandon, sharing his sympathy with the worries of his constituents, back when the bussing of minority students into white school districts, was a political concern, in the early 70s?

I think most of us have "grown" since then, and are far more understanding about others "VANE", (values attitudes, needs, & expectations) than we used to be, from a disremembered past, not including "Ghost Dancers", who wish to go back in time...... I also think there's an acceptable level, about parables of such empathy.... Changing one's ethnic background is one of those "red flags", to me.... People is what they is... Becoming a Martinez, O'Malley, Flegelstine, for a public political persona smacks of sheer phoniness....

Miss Manners Jr.

Re: Another Republican Fabulist

<evFFL.724089$iU59.720695@fx14.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=18116&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#18116

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: redy...@rye.net (bfh)
Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2023 00:14:50 -0500
 by: bfh - Sat, 11 Feb 2023 05:14 UTC

film...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Friday, February 10, 2023 at 5:42:24 PM UTC-8, bfh wrote:
>> Technobarbarian wrote:

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/10/10/us/politics/biden-exaggeration-falsehood.html

>> --
>>>
>>> Now I get to do my jive ass imitation, except that I put my
>>> point right out front. But, But, but, whine, snort, you ignored
>>> my point. I don't think anyone in their right mind has ever
>>> said Biden was a saint. I was talking about the followers. Does
>>> Biden have a gaggle of batshit crazy clowns trying to out clown
>>> him, the way a whole gaggle of batshit crazy clowns are trying
>>> to out clown the orange clown, with even crazier performances?
>> LOL. At the end of the day going forward, you're literally still
>> a hoot - and apparently not a transitory one. -- bill Theory
>> don't mean squat if it don't work.
>
> This is just from my questionable memory, but I seem to recall
> Brandon, sharing his sympathy with the worries of his
> constituents, back when the bussing of minority students into
> white school districts, was a political concern, in the early
> 70s?
>
> I think most of us have "grown" since then, and are far more
> understanding about others "VANE", (values attitudes, needs, &
> expectations) than we used to be, from a disremembered past, not
> including "Ghost Dancers", who wish to go back in time...... I
> also think there's an acceptable level, about parables of such
> empathy.... Changing one's ethnic background is one of those "red
> flags", to me.... People is what they is... Becoming a Martinez,
> O'Malley, Flegelstine, for a public political persona smacks of
> sheer phoniness....

I mostly agree except for "People is what they is". These days, the
woke - and the government - have decided that people is what they say
they self-identify as. And that includes ethnicity and race.

--
bill

Re: Another Republican Fabulist

<ts87rr$1e8h9$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=18117&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#18117

From: ganth...@gmail.net (George.Anthony)
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2023 14:14:19 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:1ouoDofHZF7vPel4VzeePr+fUzQ=
 by: George.Anthony - Sat, 11 Feb 2023 14:14 UTC

bfh <redydog@rye.net> wrote:
> film...@gmail.com wrote:

> https://www.nytimes.com/2022/10/10/us/politics/biden-exaggeration-falsehood.html
>>>>>

>>> --

>>> LOL. At the end of the day going forward, you're literally still
>>> a hoot - and apparently not a transitory one. -- bill Theory
>>> don't mean squat if it don't work.
>>
>> This is just from my questionable memory, but I seem to recall
>> Brandon, sharing his sympathy with the worries of his
>> constituents, back when the bussing of minority students into
>> white school districts, was a political concern, in the early
>> 70s?
>>
>> I think most of us have "grown" since then, and are far more
>> understanding about others "VANE", (values attitudes, needs, &
>> expectations) than we used to be, from a disremembered past, not
>> including "Ghost Dancers", who wish to go back in time...... I
>> also think there's an acceptable level, about parables of such
>> empathy.... Changing one's ethnic background is one of those "red
>> flags", to me.... People is what they is... Becoming a Martinez,
>> O'Malley, Flegelstine, for a public political persona smacks of
>> sheer phoniness....
>
> I mostly agree except for "People is what they is". These days, the
> woke - and the government - have decided that people is what they say
> they self-identify as. And that includes ethnicity and race.

"Abraham Lincoln once asked an audience how many legs a dog has if you
count the tail as a leg. When they answered 'five,' Lincoln told them that
the answer was four. The fact that you called the tail a leg did not make
it a leg."

Click here to read the complete article
Re: Another Republican Fabulist

<7hSFL.526707$Tcw8.182533@fx10.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=18119&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#18119

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: redy...@rye.net (bfh)
Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2023 14:47:14 -0500
 by: bfh - Sat, 11 Feb 2023 19:47 UTC

George.Anthony wrote:
> bfh <redydog@rye.net> wrote:
>> film...@gmail.com wrote:

>> https://www.nytimes.com/2022/10/10/us/politics/biden-exaggeration-falsehood.html

>>> This is just from my questionable memory, but I seem to recall
>>> Brandon, sharing his sympathy with the worries of his
>>> constituents, back when the bussing of minority students into
>>> white school districts, was a political concern, in the early
>>> 70s?
>>>
>>> I think most of us have "grown" since then, and are far more
>>> understanding about others "VANE", (values attitudes, needs, &
>>> expectations) than we used to be, from a disremembered past, not
>>> including "Ghost Dancers", who wish to go back in time...... I
>>> also think there's an acceptable level, about parables of such
>>> empathy.... Changing one's ethnic background is one of those "red
>>> flags", to me.... People is what they is... Becoming a Martinez,
>>> O'Malley, Flegelstine, for a public political persona smacks of
>>> sheer phoniness....
>>
>> I mostly agree except for "People is what they is". These days, the
>> woke - and the government - have decided that people is what they say
>> they self-identify as. And that includes ethnicity and race.
>>

> "Abraham Lincoln once asked an audience how many legs a dog has if you
> count the tail as a leg. When they answered 'five,' Lincoln told them that
> the answer was four. The fact that you called the tail a leg did not make
> it a leg."

Click here to read the complete article
Re: Another Republican Fabulist

<ts90b7$1gt2m$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=18120&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#18120

From: ganth...@gmail.org (George.Anthony)
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2023 15:12:08 -0600
 by: George.Anthony - Sat, 11 Feb 2023 21:12 UTC