interests / rec.outdoors.rv-travel / Mission creep

SubjectAuthor
* Mission creepbfh
+* Re: Mission creepGeorge.Anthony
|`* Re: Mission creepbfh
| +* Re: Mission creepdm_callier
| |`- Re: Mission creepbfh
| `* Re: Mission creepkmiller
|  `- Re: Mission creepbfh
+* Re: Mission creepFrank Howell
|`- Re: Mission creepbfh
`* Re: Mission creepFrank Howell
 `* Re: Mission creepbfh
  `* Re: Mission creepbfh
   `* Re: Mission creepkmiller
    `- Re: Mission creepbfh

1
Mission creep

<cWhJL.1227168$9sn9.1109477@fx17.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=18215&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#18215

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: redy...@rye.net (bfh)
Subject: Mission creep
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2023 00:41:27 -0500
 by: bfh - Wed, 22 Feb 2023 05:41 UTC

The Starlink monthly service for residential customers is changing as
follows:

$10 increase in areas with limited capacity. New price will be
$120/month.
$20 decrease in areas with excess capacity. New price will be
$90/month.

As a current customer in an area with limited capacity, your monthly
service price will increase to $120/month beginning April 24, 2023.
For new customers in your area, the price increase is effective
immediately.

First, eggs, and now this..............wait.......all I have to do is
cancel Netflix, and at the end of the day going forward I'll even be
ahead. Might even be able to save up enough for a space balloon ride.

Anybody know how hard it might be to cancel Netflix? I hope it's
easier than canceling DirecTV was.

--
bill

Re: Mission creep

<tt58pt$1hm8c$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=18217&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#18217

From: ganth...@gmail.org (George.Anthony)
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Subject: Re: Mission creep
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2023 08:28:12 -0600
 by: George.Anthony - Wed, 22 Feb 2023 14:28 UTC

On 2/21/2023 11:41 PM, bfh wrote:
> The Starlink monthly service for residential customers is changing as
> follows:
>
>     $10 increase in areas with limited capacity. New price will be
> $120/month.
>     $20 decrease in areas with excess capacity. New price will be
> $90/month.
>
> As a current customer in an area with limited capacity, your monthly
> service price will increase to $120/month beginning April 24, 2023. For
> new customers in your area, the price increase is effective immediately.
>
> First, eggs, and now this..............wait.......all I have to do is
> cancel Netflix, and at the end of the day going forward I'll even be
> ahead. Might even be able to save up enough for a space balloon ride.
>
> Anybody know how hard it might be to cancel Netflix? I hope it's easier
> than canceling DirecTV was.

Stop paying the bill, Bill.
--
"I just saved a bunch of money on my insurance by switching to reverse
and leaving the scene."

Re: Mission creep

<jjsJL.1572500$GNG9.503326@fx18.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=18218&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#18218

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: redy...@rye.net (bfh)
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2023 12:30:54 -0500
 by: bfh - Wed, 22 Feb 2023 17:30 UTC

George.Anthony wrote:
> On 2/21/2023 11:41 PM, bfh wrote:
>> The Starlink monthly service for residential customers is changing
>> as follows:
>>
>>  Â Â Â  $10 increase in areas with limited capacity. New price will
>> be $120/month.
>>  Â Â Â  $20 decrease in areas with excess capacity. New price will
>> be $90/month.
>>
>> As a current customer in an area with limited capacity, your monthly
>> service price will increase to $120/month beginning April 24, 2023.
>> For new customers in your area, the price increase is effective
>> immediately.
>>
>> First, eggs, and now this..............wait.......all I have to do
>> is cancel Netflix, and at the end of the day going forward I'll even
>> be ahead. Might even be able to save up enough for a space balloon
>> ride.
>>
>> Anybody know how hard it might be to cancel Netflix? I hope it's
>> easier than canceling DirecTV was.
>>

> Stop paying the bill, Bill.

That from a guy who says, "I just saved a bunch of money on my
insurance by switching to reverse and leaving the scene." If did
that, I'd front end somebody who magically appeared behind me. Murphy
literally follows me wherever I am.

For example, I went to the dentist yesterday to get a hole drilled for
an implant. She broke her drill twice, and blamed me. I allege that it
was Murphy. Then she had trouble screwing in the implant post because
the hole was too small and she had to drill some more. Luckily, the
damdrill didn't break again. Murphy must've been taking a coffee break.

--
bill

Re: Mission creep

<9fa2f3e3-9740-4b7b-aeef-3ac7912e29abn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=18219&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#18219

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2023 09:41:40 -0800 (PST)
From: dm.call...@gmail.com (dm_callier)
 by: dm_callier - Wed, 22 Feb 2023 17:41 UTC

On Wednesday, February 22, 2023 at 9:30:58 AM UTC-8, bfh wrote:
> George.Anthony wrote:
> > On 2/21/2023 11:41 PM, bfh wrote:
> >> ---------------------------------------------
> >> The Starlink monthly service for residential customers is changing
> >> as follows:
> >>
> >> Â Â Â $10 increase in areas with limited capacity. New price will
> >> be $120/month.
> >> Â Â Â $20 decrease in areas with excess capacity. New price will
> >> be $90/month.
> >>
> >> As a current customer in an area with limited capacity, your monthly
> >> service price will increase to $120/month beginning April 24, 2023.
> >> For new customers in your area, the price increase is effective
> >> immediately.
> >> -----------------------------------------------
> >>
> >> First, eggs, and now this..............wait.......all I have to do
> >> is cancel Netflix, and at the end of the day going forward I'll even
> >> be ahead. Might even be able to save up enough for a space balloon
> >> ride.
> >>
> >> Anybody know how hard it might be to cancel Netflix? I hope it's
> >> easier than canceling DirecTV was.
> >>

> > Stop paying the bill, Bill.
> That from a guy who says, "I just saved a bunch of money on my
> insurance by switching to reverse and leaving the scene." If did
> that, I'd front end somebody who magically appeared behind me. Murphy
> literally follows me wherever I am.
>
> For example, I went to the dentist yesterday to get a hole drilled for
> an implant. She broke her drill twice, and blamed me. I allege that it
> was Murphy. Then she had trouble screwing in the implant post because
> the hole was too small and she had to drill some more. Luckily, the
> damdrill didn't break again. Murphy must've been taking a coffee break.
> --
> bill
> Theory don't mean squat if it don't work.
I allege you should quit worrying about Murphy and get a new dentist who's better at screwing.

Enjoy the day!

Re: Mission creep

<J_sJL.1249011$9sn9.229134@fx17.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=18220&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#18220

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: redy...@rye.net (bfh)
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2023 13:17:12 -0500
 by: bfh - Wed, 22 Feb 2023 18:17 UTC

dm_callier wrote:
> On Wednesday, February 22, 2023 at 9:30:58 AM UTC-8, bfh wrote:
>> George.Anthony wrote:

>>> Stop paying the bill, Bill.
>> That from a guy who says, "I just saved a bunch of money on my
>> insurance by switching to reverse and leaving the scene." If did
>> that, I'd front end somebody who magically appeared behind me.
>> Murphy literally follows me wherever I am.
>>
>> For example, I went to the dentist yesterday to get a hole
>> drilled for an implant. She broke her drill twice, and blamed me.
>> I allege that it was Murphy. Then she had trouble screwing in the
>> implant post because the hole was too small and she had to drill
>> some more. Luckily, the damdrill didn't break again. Murphy
>> must've been taking a coffee break. -- bill Theory don't mean
>> squat if it don't work.
> I allege you should quit worrying about Murphy and get a new
> dentist who's better at screwing.

I have to keep worrying about Murphy. If I didn't keep all the tools
in my toolbox on the table and maintain my situational awareness at a
high and efficacious state, Murphy would do me wrong more often than
just frequently transitorily. You have to live it and experience it in
a significant passage of time to understand it.

--
bill

Re: Mission creep

<fywJL.211675$5S78.151592@fx48.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=18223&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#18223

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: fphow...@usermail.com (Frank Howell)
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2023 14:20:24 -0800
 by: Frank Howell - Wed, 22 Feb 2023 22:20 UTC

bfh wrote:
> The Starlink monthly service for residential customers is changing as
> follows:
>
>     $10 increase in areas with limited capacity. New price will be
> $120/month.
>     $20 decrease in areas with excess capacity. New price will be
> $90/month.
>
> As a current customer in an area with limited capacity, your monthly
> service price will increase to $120/month beginning April 24, 2023. For
> new customers in your area, the price increase is effective immediately.
>
> First, eggs, and now this..............wait.......all I have to do is
> cancel Netflix, and at the end of the day going forward I'll even be
> ahead. Might even be able to save up enough for a space balloon ride.
>
> Anybody know how hard it might be to cancel Netflix? I hope it's easier
> than canceling DirecTV was.

It is! I canceled Netflix about 4 days ago. Go to account in Netflix app
and "cancel service" is right there.

--
Frank Howell

Re: Mission creep

<hXyJL.1253198$9sn9.525212@fx17.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=18226&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#18226

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: redy...@rye.net (bfh)
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2023 20:03:08 -0500
 by: bfh - Thu, 23 Feb 2023 01:03 UTC

Frank Howell wrote:
> bfh wrote:
>> The Starlink monthly service for residential customers is changing
>> as follows:
>>
>>  Â Â Â  $10 increase in areas with limited capacity. New price will
>> be $120/month.
>>  Â Â Â  $20 decrease in areas with excess capacity. New price will
>> be $90/month.
>>
>> As a current customer in an area with limited capacity, your monthly
>> service price will increase to $120/month beginning April 24, 2023.
>> For new customers in your area, the price increase is effective
>> immediately.
>>
>> First, eggs, and now this..............wait.......all I have to do
>> is cancel Netflix, and at the end of the day going forward I'll even
>> be ahead. Might even be able to save up enough for a space balloon
>> ride.
>>
>> Anybody know how hard it might be to cancel Netflix? I hope it's
>> easier than canceling DirecTV was.
>>
> It is! I canceled Netflix about 4 days ago. Go to account in Netflix
> app and "cancel service" is right there.

Thanks. I thought that would be too easy, so I didn't even look for it
- but there it was.

--
bill

Re: Mission creep

<1_-cneKZvduDT2v-nZ2dnZfqn_GdnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=18229&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#18229

Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2023 18:40:33 -0800
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: i09...@removethisspamblockerstuff-yahoo.com (kmiller)
 by: kmiller - Thu, 23 Feb 2023 02:40 UTC

On 2/22/2023 9:30 AM, bfh wrote:
> George.Anthony wrote:
>> On 2/21/2023 11:41 PM, bfh wrote:
>>> The Starlink monthly service for residential customers is changing as
>>> follows:
>>>
>>>  Â Â Â  $10 increase in areas with limited capacity. New price will
>>> be $120/month.
>>>  Â Â Â  $20 decrease in areas with excess capacity. New price will be
>>> $90/month.
>>>
>>> As a current customer in an area with limited capacity, your monthly
>>> service price will increase to $120/month beginning April 24, 2023.
>>> For new customers in your area, the price increase is effective
>>> immediately.
>>>
>>> First, eggs, and now this..............wait.......all I have to do is
>>> cancel Netflix, and at the end of the day going forward I'll even be
>>> ahead. Might even be able to save up enough for a space balloon ride.
>>>
>>> Anybody know how hard it might be to cancel Netflix? I hope it's
>>> easier than canceling DirecTV was.
>>>

>> Stop paying the bill, Bill.
>
> That from a guy who says, "I just saved a bunch of money on my insurance
> by switching to reverse and leaving the scene."  If did that, I'd front
> end somebody who magically appeared behind me. Murphy literally follows
> me wherever I am.
>
> For example, I went to the dentist yesterday to get a hole drilled for
> an implant. She broke her drill twice, and blamed me. I allege that it
> was Murphy. Then she had trouble screwing in the implant post because
> the hole was too small and she had to drill some more. Luckily, the
> damdrill didn't break again. Murphy must've been taking a coffee break.

That's 'cause you had all them nanobots installed - 5 times.

Re: Mission creep

<sxAJL.1142202$iS99.595052@fx16.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=18231&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#18231

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: redy...@rye.net (bfh)
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2023 21:52:06 -0500
 by: bfh - Thu, 23 Feb 2023 02:52 UTC

kmiller wrote:
> On 2/22/2023 9:30 AM, bfh wrote:
>> George.Anthony wrote:

>>> Stop paying the bill, Bill.
>>
>> That from a guy who says, "I just saved a bunch of money on my
>> insurance by switching to reverse and leaving the scene."  If did
>> that, I'd front end somebody who magically appeared behind me.
>> Murphy literally follows me wherever I am.
>>
>> For example, I went to the dentist yesterday to get a hole drilled
>> for an implant. She broke her drill twice, and blamed me. I allege
>> that it was Murphy. Then she had trouble screwing in the implant
>> post because the hole was too small and she had to drill some more.
>> Luckily, the damdrill didn't break again. Murphy must've been taking
>> a coffee break.
>>

> That's 'cause you had all them nanobots installed - 5 times.

They were supposed to group up and help with the drilling. It remains
to be seen if they have enough science to bond bone to the titanium screw.

--
bill

Re: Mission creep

<g4UKL.921325$Tcw8.251890@fx10.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=18285&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#18285

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: fphow...@usermail.com (Frank Howell)
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2023 17:56:00 -0800
 by: Frank Howell - Mon, 27 Feb 2023 01:56 UTC

bfh wrote:
> The Starlink monthly service for residential customers is changing as
> follows:
>
>     $10 increase in areas with limited capacity. New price will be
> $120/month.
>     $20 decrease in areas with excess capacity. New price will be
> $90/month.
>
> As a current customer in an area with limited capacity, your monthly
> service price will increase to $120/month beginning April 24, 2023. For
> new customers in your area, the price increase is effective immediately.
>
> First, eggs, and now this..............wait.......all I have to do is
> cancel Netflix, and at the end of the day going forward I'll even be
> ahead. Might even be able to save up enough for a space balloon ride.
>
> Anybody know how hard it might be to cancel Netflix? I hope it's easier
> than canceling DirecTV was.

Ya that might take care of this month, but I'll bet Elon Barnum has
other plans for March, April......

--
Frank Howell

Re: Mission creep

<j8VKL.1687731$GNG9.264902@fx18.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=18286&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#18286

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: redy...@rye.net (bfh)
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2023 22:07:56 -0500
 by: bfh - Mon, 27 Feb 2023 03:07 UTC

Frank Howell wrote:
> bfh wrote:
>> The Starlink monthly service for residential customers is changing
>> as follows:
>>
>>  Â Â Â  $10 increase in areas with limited capacity. New price will
>> be $120/month.
>>  Â Â Â  $20 decrease in areas with excess capacity. New price will
>> be $90/month.
>>
>> As a current customer in an area with limited capacity, your monthly
>> service price will increase to $120/month beginning April 24, 2023.
>> For new customers in your area, the price increase is effective
>> immediately.
>>
>> First, eggs, and now this..............wait.......all I have to do
>> is cancel Netflix, and at the end of the day going forward I'll even
>> be ahead. Might even be able to save up enough for a space balloon
>> ride.
>>
>> Anybody know how hard it might be to cancel Netflix? I hope it's
>> easier than canceling DirecTV was.
>>
> Ya that might take care of this month, but I'll bet Elon Barnum has
> other plans for March, April......

He'll be sorry he messed with me when FTTH knocks on my door.

--
bill

Re: Mission creep

<%FqML.919203$gGD7.527341@fx11.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=18337&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#18337

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: redy...@rye.net (bfh)
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2023 13:05:46 -0500
 by: bfh - Fri, 3 Mar 2023 18:05 UTC

bfh wrote:
> Frank Howell wrote:
>> bfh wrote:
>>> The Starlink monthly service for residential customers is changing
>>> as follows:
>>>
>>>  Â Â Â  $10 increase in areas with limited capacity. New
>>> price will be $120/month.
>>>  Â Â Â  $20 decrease in areas with excess capacity. New
>>> price will be $90/month.
>>>
>>> As a current customer in an area with limited capacity, your
>>> monthly service price will increase to $120/month beginning April
>>> 24, 2023. For new customers in your area, the price increase is
>>> effective immediately.
>>>
>>> First, eggs, and now this..............wait.......all I have to do
>>> is cancel Netflix, and at the end of the day going forward I'll
>>> even be ahead. Might even be able to save up enough for a space
>>> balloon ride.
>>>
>>> Anybody know how hard it might be to cancel Netflix? I hope it's
>>> easier than canceling DirecTV was.
>>>
>> Ya that might take care of this month, but I'll bet Elon Barnum has
>> other plans for March, April......
>>
> He'll be sorry he messed with me when FTTH knocks on my door.

Well, I decided to try to find out how things were coming along.
First, I went to their web site and found this:
Welcome back, William!
Registration ID: 0336a5f2-0619
Be sure to save this for future reference!
You signed up on 8/11/2022. Your requested service location appears
to be off-system. If you are eligible for service, one of our customer
service representatives will be in touch.

Then I emailed them:
What does "appears to be off-system" mean?

They answered:
Hello William, That address shows as over 5000 ft from the closest
feeder which means it is off system and not servicable.

Thank you,
Jason

Then I asked:
Does that mean that I'll never get Fiber To The Home?

They answered:
Hello William,
Thank you again at this point yes , but if that was to change you will
be contacted.
Thank you,
Jason

sigh. The whole point of this FTTH was to work with my EMC to get fast
broadband to underserved rural areas. I guess I'm a little too rural
to be served.

So hey Elon - forget my little dig, keep sticking those sats up there,
and I'm literally looking forward enthusiastically to the next price
rise if it'll help you to, like, efficaciously straighten up Twattle
in the passage of time.

Long live mission creep. Maybe as a certified and qualified
underserved affordable fastbroadbandless person, the government will
send me a monthly check to keep me off the street? And it doesn't have
to $1K/mo - just $50 will be enough..........as long as it's indexed
to inflation and mission creep as we go forward at the end of the day.
--
bill

Re: Mission creep

<FDednVJ2O_g5I5_5nZ2dnZfqnPGdnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=18350&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#18350

Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2023 19:44:36 -0800
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: i09...@removethisspamblockerstuff-yahoo.com (kmiller)
 by: kmiller - Sat, 4 Mar 2023 03:44 UTC

On 3/3/2023 10:05 AM, bfh wrote:
> bfh wrote:
>> Frank Howell wrote:

>>> Ya that might take care of this month, but I'll bet Elon Barnum has
>>> other plans for March, April......
>>>
>> He'll be sorry he messed with me when FTTH knocks on my door.
>>
> Well, I decided to try to find out how things were coming along.
> First, I went to their web site and found this:
> Welcome back, William!
> Registration ID: 0336a5f2-0619
> Be sure to save this for future reference!
> You signed up  on 8/11/2022. Your requested service location appears to
> be off-system. If you are eligible for service, one of our customer
> service representatives will be in touch.
>
> Then I emailed them:
> What does "appears to be off-system" mean?
>
> They answered:
> Hello William, That address shows as over 5000 ft from the closest
> feeder which means it is off system and not servicable.
>
> Thank you,
> Jason
>
> Then I asked:
> Does that mean that I'll never get Fiber To The Home?
>
> They answered:
> Hello William,
> Thank you again at this point yes , but if that was to change you will
> be contacted.
> Thank you,
> Jason
>
> sigh. The whole point of this FTTH was to work with my EMC to get fast
> broadband to underserved rural areas. I guess I'm a little too rural to
> be served.
>
> So hey Elon - forget my little dig, keep sticking those sats up there,
> and I'm literally looking forward enthusiastically to the next price
> rise if it'll help you to, like, efficaciously straighten up Twattle in
> the passage of time.
>
> Long live mission creep. Maybe as a certified and qualified underserved
> affordable fastbroadbandless person, the government will send me a
> monthly check to keep me off the street? And it doesn't have to $1K/mo -
> just $50 will be enough..........as long as it's indexed to inflation
> and mission creep as we go forward at the end of the day.

Jesus Jumpin' Christ! You already got a $20 a month break from Elon.
WTF more do you want, you greedy bastard?

Re: Mission creep

<szzML.1783471$GNG9.1616551@fx18.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=18351&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#18351

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: redy...@rye.net (bfh)
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2023 23:13:11 -0500
 by: bfh - Sat, 4 Mar 2023 04:13 UTC

kmiller wrote:
> On 3/3/2023 10:05 AM, bfh wrote:
>> bfh wrote:

>>> He'll be sorry he messed with me when FTTH knocks on my door.
>>>
>> Well, I decided to try to find out how things were coming along.
>> First, I went to their web site and found this:
>> Welcome back, William!
>> Registration ID: 0336a5f2-0619
>> Be sure to save this for future reference!
>> You signed up  on 8/11/2022. Your requested service location
>> appears to be off-system. If you are eligible for service, one of
>> our customer service representatives will be in touch.
>>
>> Then I emailed them:
>> What does "appears to be off-system" mean?
>>
>> They answered:
>> Hello William, That address shows as over 5000 ft from the closest
>> feeder which means it is off system and not servicable.
>>
>> Thank you,
>> Jason
>>
>> Then I asked:
>> Does that mean that I'll never get Fiber To The Home?
>>
>> They answered:
>> Hello William,
>> Thank you again at this point yes , but if that was to change you
>> will be contacted.
>> Thank you,
>> Jason
>>
>> sigh. The whole point of this FTTH was to work with my EMC to get
>> fast broadband to underserved rural areas. I guess I'm a little too
>> rural to be served.
>>
>> So hey Elon - forget my little dig, keep sticking those sats up
>> there, and I'm literally looking forward enthusiastically to the
>> next price rise if it'll help you to, like, efficaciously straighten
>> up Twattle in the passage of time.
>>
>> Long live mission creep. Maybe as a certified and qualified
>> underserved affordable fastbroadbandless person, the government will
>> send me a monthly check to keep me off the street? And it doesn't
>> have to $1K/mo - just $50 will be enough..........as long as it's
>> indexed to inflation and mission creep as we go forward at the end
>> of the day.
>
> Jesus Jumpin' Christ! You  already got a $20 a month break from Elon.

I did?

> WTF more do you want, you greedy bastard?

I'm not greedy - I'm just frugal.

--
bill