From: dan...@panix.com (danny burstein)
Newsgroups: alt.obituaries
Subject: Sue Johanson, 93, Canada's version of Dr. Ruth
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2023 00:14:55 +0000
 by: danny burstein - Fri, 30 Jun 2023 00:14 UTC

[cbc]

Sue Johanson, beloved Canadian sex educator, dead at 93

Sue Johanson, the beloved Canadian broadcaster who in her golden years
enraptured a generation with straightforward sex advice, has died at age 93, a
representative confirmed to CBC News on Thursday.
The broadcaster was best known for hosting the Canadian call-in radio and then
television program Sunday Night Sex Show, which led to a successful U.S.
spinoff called Talk Sex With Sue Johanson.
Johanson's Sunday Night Sex Show premiered as a live call-in program on Toronto
radio in 1984, with a television version of the show airing on W Network from
1996 to 2005. The U.S. spinoff, Talk Sex With Sue Johanson, began in 2002 and
concluded in 2008.
====
rest:
https://www.cbc.ca/news/entertainment/sue-johanson-obit-1.6892524

Typical comment:

RevDaniel
@RevDaniel
I still remember her at a school assembly saying "Oh, you're too large for a
condom? It's too tight?" ... then pulling a condom over her arm down to her
elbow, and waving it around saying "If any of you gentleman can boast one THIS
size, I'd like to see you after." RIP Sue

dannyb@panix.com