Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: redy...@rye.net (bfh)
Subject: About time
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2023 01:15:31 -0500
 by: bfh - Sat, 25 Feb 2023 06:15 UTC

Biden has finally done something at least half right.

During the 2020 presidential campaign and early in his term, President
Biden cast the asylum process as a humanitarian necessity that should
be readily available. He criticized President Donald Trump’s attempts
to crack down on the alleged exploitation of that process,
specifically the Trump policy forcing those seeking asylum to stay in
Mexico, and pledged to end such policies.

Since then, the realities of governing and the continued influx at the
southern border have severely tested, and ultimately undermined, those
high-minded aspirations.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2023/02/23/biden-immigration-asylum/

"high-minded aspirations"? More like dumbass ideas resulting from
reality denying.

--
bill

Re: About time

<tte3lj$2m75j$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=18276&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#18276

From: ganth...@gmail.net (George.Anthony)
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Subject: Re: About time
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2023 22:55:47 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:vCbtYMVDrLwuHwGg2idO9bsNZS8=
 by: George.Anthony - Sat, 25 Feb 2023 22:55 UTC

bfh <redydog@rye.net> wrote:
> Biden has finally done something at least half right.

> During the 2020 presidential campaign and early in his term, President
> Biden cast the asylum process as a humanitarian necessity that should
> be readily available. He criticized President Donald Trump’s attempts
> to crack down on the alleged exploitation of that process,
> specifically the Trump policy forcing those seeking asylum to stay in
> Mexico, and pledged to end such policies.
>
> Since then, the realities of governing and the continued influx at the
> southern border have severely tested, and ultimately undermined, those
> high-minded aspirations.
> https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2023/02/23/biden-immigration-asylum/
>
> "high-minded aspirations"? More like dumbass ideas resulting from
> reality denying.

High-minded? You have to have a mind first.

--
“If you love me I will always be in your heart. If you hate me I will
always be in your mind.” - Donald ‘William Shakespeare’ Trump