A meeting is an event at which the minutes are kept and the hours are lost.

interests / alt.politics / GOP Starts Banning Books At Public Libraries

SubjectAuthor
* GOP Starts Banning Books At Public LibrariesBradley K. Sherman
+- Re: GOP Starts Banning Books At Public LibrariesMitchell Holman
+* Re: GOP Starts Banning Books At Public LibrariesDavid Hartung
|+* Re: GOP Starts Banning Books At Public LibrariesBradley K. Sherman
||`* Re: GOP Starts Banning Books At Public LibrariesDavid Hartung
|| +- Re: GOP Starts Banning Books At Public LibrariesBlue Lives Matter
|| `* Re: GOP Starts Banning Books At Public LibrariesMitchell Holman
||  `- Re: GOP Starts Banning Books At Public LibrariesBlue Lives Matter
|+* Re: GOP Starts Banning Books At Public LibrariesMitchell Holman
||+- Re: GOP Starts Banning Books At Public LibrariesBlue Lives Matter
||`* Re: GOP Starts Banning Books At Public LibrariesDavid Hartung
|| +* Re: GOP Starts Banning Books At Public LibrariesMitchell Holman
|| |+* Re: GOP Starts Banning Books At Public LibrariesDavid Hartung
|| |`- Re: GOP Starts Banning Books At Public LibrariesBlue Lives Matter
|| `- Re: GOP Starts Banning Books At Public LibrariesSiri Cruise
|`- Re: GOP Starts Banning Books At Public LibrariesSiri Cruise
`* Re: GOP Starts Banning Books At Public LibrariesBlue Lives Matter
 +* Re: GOP Starts Banning Books At Public LibrariesBradley K. Sherman
 |`- Re: GOP Starts Banning Books At Public LibrariesBlue Lives Matter
 +* Re: GOP Starts Banning Books At Public LibrariesGronk
 |`* Re: GOP Starts Banning Books At Public LibrariesBlue Lives Matter
 | `* Re: GOP Starts Banning Books At Public LibrariesGronk
 |  +- Re: GOP Starts Banning Books At Public LibrariesBlue Lives Matter
 |  `- Re: GOP Starts Banning Books At Public LibrariesMitchell Holman
 `* Re: GOP Starts Banning Books At Public Libraries25.BX944
  +- Re: GOP Starts Banning Books At Public LibrariesSiri Cruise
  `* Re: GOP Starts Banning Books At Public LibrariesJohn Dough
   `- Re: GOP Starts Banning Books At Public Libraries25.BX944

Pages:12
GOP Starts Banning Books At Public Libraries

<t3jm7i$h6k$1@panix3.panix.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=18272&group=alt.politics#18272

From: bks...@panix.com (Bradley K. Sherman)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics
Subject: GOP Starts Banning Books At Public Libraries
Date: 18 Apr 2022 12:40:18 -0000
 by: Bradley K. Sherman - Mon, 18 Apr 2022 12:40 UTC

| Censorship battles' new frontier: Your public library
|
| Conservatives are teaming with politicians to remove books
| and gut library boards
| With these actions, Llano joins a growing number of
| communities across America where conservatives have mounted
| challenges to books and other content related to race, sex,
| gender and other subjects they deem inappropriate. A
| movement that started in schools has rapidly expanded to
| public libraries, accounting for 37 percent of book
| challenges last year, according to the American Library
| Association. Conservative activists in several states,
| including Texas, Montana and Louisiana have joined forces
| with like-minded officials to dissolve libraries' governing
| bodies, rewrite or delete censorship protections, and
| remove books outside of official challenge procedures.
<https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2022/04/17/public-libraries-books-censorship/>

--bks

Next year: burning the books.

Re: GOP Starts Banning Books At Public Libraries

<XnsAE7D4EFAE327Cnoemailcomcastnet@216.166.97.131>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=18273&group=alt.politics#18273

Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics
Subject: Re: GOP Starts Banning Books At Public Libraries
From: noem...@verizon.net (Mitchell Holman)
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2022 07:52:01 -0500
 by: Mitchell Holman - Mon, 18 Apr 2022 12:52 UTC

bks@panix.com (Bradley K. Sherman) wrote in

> | Censorship battles' new frontier: Your public library
> |
> | Conservatives are teaming with politicians to remove books
> | and gut library boards
> | With these actions, Llano joins a growing number of
> | communities across America where conservatives have mounted
> | challenges to books and other content related to race, sex,
> | gender and other subjects they deem inappropriate. A
> | movement that started in schools has rapidly expanded to
> | public libraries, accounting for 37 percent of book
> | challenges last year, according to the American Library
> | Association. Conservative activists in several states,
> | including Texas, Montana and Louisiana have joined forces
> | with like-minded officials to dissolve libraries' governing
> | bodies, rewrite or delete censorship protections, and
> | remove books outside of official challenge procedures.
> <https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2022/04/17/public-libraries-book
> s-censorship/>
>
> --bks
>
> Next year: burning the books.

And these are the same people who accuse
liberals of "cancel culture".

Sheesh........

Re: GOP Starts Banning Books At Public Libraries

<7audnVU8vOKx_cD_nZ2dnUU7-cudnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=18274&group=alt.politics#18274

Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2022 07:57:16 -0500
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics
From: dav...@Hotmail.com (David Hartung)
 by: David Hartung - Mon, 18 Apr 2022 12:57 UTC

On 4/18/22 07:40, Bradley K. Sherman wrote:

> | Censorship battles' new frontier: Your public library
> |
> | Conservatives are teaming with politicians to remove books
> | and gut library boards
> | With these actions, Llano joins a growing number of
> | communities across America where conservatives have mounted
> | challenges to books and other content related to race, sex,
> | gender and other subjects they deem inappropriate. A
> | movement that started in schools has rapidly expanded to
> | public libraries, accounting for 37 percent of book
> | challenges last year, according to the American Library
> | Association. Conservative activists in several states,
> | including Texas, Montana and Louisiana have joined forces
> | with like-minded officials to dissolve libraries' governing
> | bodies, rewrite or delete censorship protections, and
> | remove books outside of official challenge procedures.
> <https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2022/04/17/public-libraries-books-censorship/>
>
> --bks
>
> Next year: burning the books.

I have to wonder. Suppose someone were to write a book presenting the KK
in a positive manner and taking the position the the Klan is a good
thing for our nation. Would you allow it in you local school library?

Re: GOP Starts Banning Books At Public Libraries

<40oq5hto5bn6k5au01tkkldcg3ojibhhrl@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=18275&group=alt.politics#18275

From: Iron_Wh...@Systemic_Patriotism.KMA (Blue Lives Matter)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2022 08:59:36 -0400
 by: Blue Lives Matter - Mon, 18 Apr 2022 12:59 UTC

On 18 Apr 2022 12:40:18 -0000, bks@panix.com (Bradley K. Sherman)
wrote:

> | Censorship battles' new frontier: Your public library
> |
> | Conservatives are teaming with politicians to remove books
> | and gut library boards
> | With these actions, Llano joins a growing number of
> | communities across America where conservatives have mounted
> | challenges to books and other content related to race, sex,
> | gender and other subjects they deem inappropriate. A
> | movement that started in schools has rapidly expanded to
> | public libraries, accounting for 37 percent of book
> | challenges last year, according to the American Library
> | Association. Conservative activists in several states,
> | including Texas, Montana and Louisiana have joined forces
> | with like-minded officials to dissolve libraries' governing
> | bodies, rewrite or delete censorship protections, and
> | remove books outside of official challenge procedures.
><https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2022/04/17/public-libraries-books-censorship/>
>
> --bks
>
>Next year: burning the books.

Democracy in action. Local communities have to put up with leftist
media like CNN, facebook, Google, and Twitter, but they don't have put
up with leftist public library policies.

Re: GOP Starts Banning Books At Public Libraries

<t3jped$13s$2@reader1.panix.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=18276&group=alt.politics#18276

From: bks...@panix.com (Bradley K. Sherman)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2022 13:35:09 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Bradley K. Sherman - Mon, 18 Apr 2022 13:35 UTC

David Hartung <david@Hotmail.com> wrote:
>On 4/18/22 07:40, Bradley K. Sherman wrote:
>> |
>> | Censorship battles' new frontier: Your public library
>> |
>> | Conservatives are teaming with politicians to remove books
>> | and gut library boards
>> | With these actions, Llano joins a growing number of
>> | communities across America where conservatives have mounted
>> | challenges to books and other content related to race, sex,
>> | gender and other subjects they deem inappropriate. A
>> | movement that started in schools has rapidly expanded to
>> | public libraries, accounting for 37 percent of book
>> | challenges last year, according to the American Library
>> | Association. Conservative activists in several states,
>> | including Texas, Montana and Louisiana have joined forces
>> | with like-minded officials to dissolve libraries' governing
>> | bodies, rewrite or delete censorship protections, and
>> | remove books outside of official challenge procedures.
>> <https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2022/04/17/public-libraries-books-censorship/>
>> Next year: burning the books.
>
>I have to wonder. Suppose someone were to write a book presenting the KK
>in a positive manner and taking the position the the Klan is a good
>thing for our nation. Would you allow it in you local school library?

These are the *public libraries* David, not school libraries.
I have no problem with such a book being available in a public
library.

--bks

Re: GOP Starts Banning Books At Public Libraries

<t3jphq$13s$3@reader1.panix.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=18277&group=alt.politics#18277

From: bks...@panix.com (Bradley K. Sherman)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2022 13:36:58 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Bradley K. Sherman - Mon, 18 Apr 2022 13:36 UTC

Blue Girl <Iron_White@Systemic_Patriotism.KMA> wrote:

>> | Censorship battles' new frontier: Your public library
>><https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2022/04/17/public-libraries-books-censorship/>
>
>Democracy in action. Local communities have to put up with leftist
>media like CNN, facebook, Google, and Twitter, but they don't have put
>up with leftist public library policies.

Yow! Blue Girl writes in favor of banning books! No
wonder she's afraid of posting under her real name.

--bks

Re: GOP Starts Banning Books At Public Libraries

<XnsAE7D575317E6noemailcomcastnet@216.166.97.131>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=18278&group=alt.politics#18278

Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics
From: noem...@verizon.net (Mitchell Holman)
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2022 08:41:14 -0500
 by: Mitchell Holman - Mon, 18 Apr 2022 13:41 UTC

David Hartung <david@Hotmail.com> wrote in

> On 4/18/22 07:40, Bradley K. Sherman wrote:
>> |
>> | Censorship battles' new frontier: Your public library
>> |
>> | Conservatives are teaming with politicians to remove books
>> | and gut library boards
>> | With these actions, Llano joins a growing number of
>> | communities across America where conservatives have mounted
>> | challenges to books and other content related to race, sex,
>> | gender and other subjects they deem inappropriate. A
>> | movement that started in schools has rapidly expanded to
>> | public libraries, accounting for 37 percent of book
>> | challenges last year, according to the American Library
>> | Association. Conservative activists in several states,
>> | including Texas, Montana and Louisiana have joined forces
>> | with like-minded officials to dissolve libraries' governing
>> | bodies, rewrite or delete censorship protections, and
>> | remove books outside of official challenge procedures.
>> <https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2022/04/17/public-libraries-boo
>> ks-censorship/>
>>
>> --bks
>>
>> Next year: burning the books.
>
> I have to wonder. Suppose someone were to write a book presenting the
> KK in a positive manner and taking the position the the Klan is a good
> thing for our nation. Would you allow it in you local school library?

Of course.

Every school library has a book that
glorifies genocide, murder, slavery, rape
and infanticide (that is to say, the Bible)
and no one complains about that.

Re: GOP Starts Banning Books At Public Libraries

<2iqq5hhq3lkl9qnb27a9rl00fhmaie9uma@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=18279&group=alt.politics#18279

From: Iron_Wh...@Systemic_Patriotism.KMA (Blue Lives Matter)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2022 09:42:53 -0400
 by: Blue Lives Matter - Mon, 18 Apr 2022 13:42 UTC

On Mon, 18 Apr 2022 13:36:58 -0000 (UTC), bks@panix.com (Bradley K.
Sherman) wrote:

>>><https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2022/04/17/public-libraries-books-censorship/>
>>
>>Democracy in action. Local communities have to put up with leftist
>>media like CNN, facebook, Google, and Twitter, but they don't have put
>>up with leftist public library policies.
>
>Yow! Blue Girl writes in favor of banning books! No
>wonder she's afraid of posting under her real name.
>
> --bks

<LOL> Bradley failed to notice that my comment was about policies, not
books. A library that allows children access to pornography ought to
be challenged by the community.

Re: GOP Starts Banning Books At Public Libraries

<kpednTRm-4Z29sD_nZ2dnUU7-dmdnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=18280&group=alt.politics#18280

Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2022 08:47:23 -0500
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics
From: dav...@Hotmail.com (David Hartung)
 by: David Hartung - Mon, 18 Apr 2022 13:47 UTC

On 4/18/22 08:35, Bradley K. Sherman wrote:
> David Hartung <david@Hotmail.com> wrote:

>>> <https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2022/04/17/public-libraries-books-censorship/>
>>> Next year: burning the books.
>>
>> I have to wonder. Suppose someone were to write a book presenting the KK
>> in a positive manner and taking the position the the Klan is a good
>> thing for our nation. Would you allow it in you local school library?
>
> These are the *public libraries* David, not school libraries.
> I have no problem with such a book being available in a public
> library.

The movement began in the schools, so my question is valid.

Re: GOP Starts Banning Books At Public Libraries

<mtqq5h1qfad7k8q4hkgip27u65bgbk8qm0@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=18281&group=alt.politics#18281

From: Iron_Wh...@Systemic_Patriotism.KMA (Blue Lives Matter)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2022 09:47:33 -0400
 by: Blue Lives Matter - Mon, 18 Apr 2022 13:47 UTC

On Mon, 18 Apr 2022 08:41:14 -0500, Mitchell Holman
<noemail@verizon.net> wrote:

>David Hartung <david@Hotmail.com> wrote in

>>> <https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2022/04/17/public-libraries-boo
>>> ks-censorship/>
>>>
>>> --bks
>>>
>>> Next year: burning the books.
>>
>> I have to wonder. Suppose someone were to write a book presenting the
>> KK in a positive manner and taking the position the the Klan is a good
>> thing for our nation. Would you allow it in you local school library?
>>

> Of course.
>
> Every school library has a book that
>glorifies genocide, murder, slavery, rape
>and infanticide (that is to say, the Bible)
>and no one complains about that.

Where in the Bible are those things glorified, Hollowhead?

Re: GOP Starts Banning Books At Public Libraries

<o0rq5hhvsncnqoelv59sicdnnicg3bpoq2@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=18282&group=alt.politics#18282

From: Iron_Wh...@Systemic_Patriotism.KMA (Blue Lives Matter)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2022 09:49:14 -0400
 by: Blue Lives Matter - Mon, 18 Apr 2022 13:49 UTC

On Mon, 18 Apr 2022 08:47:23 -0500, David Hartung <david@Hotmail.com>
wrote:

>On 4/18/22 08:35, Bradley K. Sherman wrote:
>> David Hartung <david@Hotmail.com> wrote:

>>> I have to wonder. Suppose someone were to write a book presenting the KK
>>> in a positive manner and taking the position the the Klan is a good
>>> thing for our nation. Would you allow it in you local school library?
>>
>> These are the *public libraries* David, not school libraries.
>> I have no problem with such a book being available in a public
>> library.
>
>The movement began in the schools, so my question is valid.

How many public libraries have banned Little Black Sambo, Uncle Remus,
Tom Sawyer, and Dr, Suess?

Re: GOP Starts Banning Books At Public Libraries

<kpednTdm-4bt8cD_nZ2dnUU7-dmdnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=18283&group=alt.politics#18283

Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2022 08:49:36 -0500
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics
From: dav...@Hotmail.com (David Hartung)
 by: David Hartung - Mon, 18 Apr 2022 13:49 UTC

On 4/18/22 08:41, Mitchell Holman wrote:
> David Hartung <david@Hotmail.com> wrote in

>>> <https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2022/04/17/public-libraries-boo
>>> ks-censorship/>
>>>
>>> --bks
>>>
>>> Next year: burning the books.
>>
>> I have to wonder. Suppose someone were to write a book presenting the
>> KK in a positive manner and taking the position the the Klan is a good
>> thing for our nation. Would you allow it in you local school library?
>>

> Of course.
>
> Every school library has a book that
> glorifies genocide, murder, slavery, rape
> and infanticide (that is to say, the Bible)
> and no one complains about that.

Suppose instead of glorifying the KKK, the book were to go into detail
about just how bad and harmful the LGBT movement is, and about how much
damage BLM/Antifa has done to our culture?

Re: GOP Starts Banning Books At Public Libraries

<XnsAE7D80A06DDC4noemailcomcastnet@216.166.97.131>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=18288&group=alt.politics#18288

Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics
From: noem...@verizon.net (Mitchell Holman)
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2022 12:44:50 -0500
 by: Mitchell Holman - Mon, 18 Apr 2022 17:44 UTC

David Hartung <david@Hotmail.com> wrote in news:kpednTdm-4bt8cD_nZ2dnUU7-
dmdnZ2d@giganews.com:

> On 4/18/22 08:41, Mitchell Holman wrote:
>> David Hartung <david@Hotmail.com> wrote in

>>> I have to wonder. Suppose someone were to write a book presenting the
>>> KK in a positive manner and taking the position the the Klan is a
good
>>> thing for our nation. Would you allow it in you local school library?
>>>

>> Of course.
>>
>> Every school library has a book that
>> glorifies genocide, murder, slavery, rape
>> and infanticide (that is to say, the Bible)
>> and no one complains about that.
>
> Suppose instead of glorifying the KKK, the book were to go into detail
> about just how bad and harmful the LGBT movement is, and about how much
> damage BLM/Antifa has done to our culture?

If the books being removed are so harmful
why are you talking about hypothetical books?

Show us the ACTUAL harm being done by
these ACTUAL books.

Re: GOP Starts Banning Books At Public Libraries

<XnsAE7D82295FBDFnoemailcomcastnet@216.166.97.131>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=18289&group=alt.politics#18289

Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics
From: noem...@verizon.net (Mitchell Holman)
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2022 12:53:54 -0500
 by: Mitchell Holman - Mon, 18 Apr 2022 17:53 UTC

> On 4/18/22 08:35, Bradley K. Sherman wrote:
>> David Hartung <david@Hotmail.com> wrote:

>>> I have to wonder. Suppose someone were to write a book presenting
>>> the KK in a positive manner and taking the position the the Klan is
>>> a good thing for our nation. Would you allow it in you local school
>>> library?
>>
>> These are the *public libraries* David, not school libraries.
>> I have no problem with such a book being available in a public
>> library.
>
> The movement began in the schools, so my question is valid.

Bullshit.

You are changing the subject, just as you
claim whenever someone ask you your opinion
of gun laws in a gun notestream that you started.

Public libraries are open to the public,
school libraries are not. As you tell others,
"stick with the topic at hand".

Re: GOP Starts Banning Books At Public Libraries

<taqdnVZRzZT0McD_nZ2dnUU7-XWdnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=18291&group=alt.politics#18291

Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2022 13:22:33 -0500
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics
From: dav...@Hotmail.com (David Hartung)
 by: David Hartung - Mon, 18 Apr 2022 18:22 UTC

On 4/18/22 12:44, Mitchell Holman wrote:
> David Hartung <david@Hotmail.com> wrote in news:kpednTdm-4bt8cD_nZ2dnUU7-
> dmdnZ2d@giganews.com:
>
>> On 4/18/22 08:41, Mitchell Holman wrote:
>>> David Hartung <david@Hotmail.com> wrote in

> boo

> good
>>>>

>>> Of course.
>>>
>>> Every school library has a book that
>>> glorifies genocide, murder, slavery, rape
>>> and infanticide (that is to say, the Bible)
>>> and no one complains about that.
>>
>> Suppose instead of glorifying the KKK, the book were to go into detail
>> about just how bad and harmful the LGBT movement is, and about how much
>> damage BLM/Antifa has done to our culture?
>>

> If the books being removed are so harmful
> why are you talking about hypothetical books?
>
> Show us the ACTUAL harm being done by
> these ACTUAL books.

So you would support removing such books, I thought so.

Re: GOP Starts Banning Books At Public Libraries

<b9br5h5iru643fvhsvtmchv877fpdqt0p6@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=18292&group=alt.politics#18292

From: Iron_Wh...@Systemic_Patriotism.KMA (Blue Lives Matter)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2022 14:26:42 -0400
 by: Blue Lives Matter - Mon, 18 Apr 2022 18:26 UTC

On Mon, 18 Apr 2022 12:44:50 -0500, Mitchell Holman
<noemail@verizon.net> wrote:

>David Hartung <david@Hotmail.com> wrote in news:kpednTdm-4bt8cD_nZ2dnUU7-
>dmdnZ2d@giganews.com:
>
>> On 4/18/22 08:41, Mitchell Holman wrote:
>>> David Hartung <david@Hotmail.com> wrote in

>boo

>good
>>>>

>>> Of course.
>>>
>>> Every school library has a book that
>>> glorifies genocide, murder, slavery, rape
>>> and infanticide (that is to say, the Bible)
>>> and no one complains about that.
>>
>> Suppose instead of glorifying the KKK, the book were to go into detail
>> about just how bad and harmful the LGBT movement is, and about how much
>> damage BLM/Antifa has done to our culture?
>>

> If the books being removed are so harmful
>why are you talking about hypothetical books?
>
> Show us the ACTUAL harm being done by
>these ACTUAL books.

Show us where you're opinion matters?

Re: GOP Starts Banning Books At Public Libraries

<obbr5hdqvlgj9286boqdus21ul7j0fqr8p@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=18293&group=alt.politics#18293

From: Iron_Wh...@Systemic_Patriotism.KMA (Blue Lives Matter)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2022 14:29:10 -0400
 by: Blue Lives Matter - Mon, 18 Apr 2022 18:29 UTC

On Mon, 18 Apr 2022 12:53:54 -0500, Mitchell Holman
<noemail@verizon.net> wrote:

>David Hartung <david@Hotmail.com> wrote in

>>> These are the *public libraries* David, not school libraries.
>>> I have no problem with such a book being available in a public
>>> library.
>>
>> The movement began in the schools, so my question is valid.
>

> Bullshit.
>
> You are changing the subject, just as you
>claim whenever someone ask you your opinion
>of gun laws in a gun notestream that you started.
>
> Public libraries are open to the public,
>school libraries are not. As you tell others,
>"stick with the topic at hand".

Many businesses are open to the public. They must follow the community
rules unless they violate the Constitution.

Re: GOP Starts Banning Books At Public Libraries

<z6i7K.747463$oF2.559723@fx10.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=18294&group=alt.politics#18294

Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics
From: notgen...@gmail.com (Rudy Canoza)
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2022 11:29:50 -0700
 by: Rudy Canoza - Mon, 18 Apr 2022 18:29 UTC

On 4/18/2022 11:22 AM, David Hartung wrote:
> On 4/18/22 12:44, Mitchell Holman wrote:
>> David Hartung <david@Hotmail.com> wrote in news:kpednTdm-4bt8cD_nZ2dnUU7-
>> dmdnZ2d@giganews.com:

>> boo

>> good

>>> Suppose instead of glorifying the KKK, the book were to go into detail
>>> about just how bad and harmful the LGBT movement is, and about how much
>>> damage BLM/Antifa has done to our culture?
>>>

>>       If the books being removed are so harmful
>> why are you talking about hypothetical books?
>>
>>       Show us the ACTUAL harm being done by
>> these ACTUAL books.
>
> So you would support removing such books,[Hartung comma] I thought so.

Straw man.

The comma is wrong.

Re: GOP Starts Banning Books At Public Libraries

<chine.bleu-CEDDC6.13501418042022@reader.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=18295&group=alt.politics#18295

From: chine.b...@yahoo.com (Siri Cruise)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2022 13:50:22 -0700
 by: Siri Cruise - Mon, 18 Apr 2022 20:50 UTC

In article <7audnVU8vOKx_cD_nZ2dnUU7-cudnZ2d@giganews.com>,
David Hartung <david@Hotmail.com> wrote:

> I have to wonder. Suppose someone were to write a book presenting the KK
> in a positive manner and taking the position the the Klan is a good
> thing for our nation. Would you allow it in you local school library?

I know. I don't have any good excuse for censorship so I'll make
up an outrageous story and trick people into agreeing with me
responding to my fictional book.

(1) You have to name an actual book.

(2) You have to show someone tried to ban it.

(3) You're too late.
https://dlg.usg.edu/record/chat_scp_cvl174
D.W. Griffith's The birth of a nation
A program from D.W. Griffth's presentation
of the historical drama "The Birth of a Nation".

Not every library has the movie but some do.

'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.' /|\

Re: GOP Starts Banning Books At Public Libraries

<chine.bleu-7D8C86.14045818042022@reader.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=18296&group=alt.politics#18296

From: chine.b...@yahoo.com (Siri Cruise)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2022 14:04:58 -0700
 by: Siri Cruise - Mon, 18 Apr 2022 21:04 UTC

In article <kpednTdm-4bt8cD_nZ2dnUU7-dmdnZ2d@giganews.com>,
David Hartung <david@Hotmail.com> wrote:

> and about how much
> damage BLM/Antifa has done to our culture?

Too late. At least one library did that.

https://sclibrary.bibliocommons.com/v2/record/S146C2125173

George WashingtonGeorge Washington
Soldier and Statesman!

Show Me History will show you the real man behind the myths!
Known as the "Father of Our Country," George Washington lost his
own father at the age of 11, was a surrogate father to Alexander
Hamilton, and yet was never a father himself. In war and in
peace, he left an unmistakable impression on his new nation in
more

'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.' /|\

Re: GOP Starts Banning Books At Public Libraries

<XnsAE7DD524389C9noemailcomcastnet@216.166.97.131>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=18298&group=alt.politics#18298

Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics
From: noem...@verizon.net (Mitchell Holman)
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2022 21:03:20 -0500
 by: Mitchell Holman - Tue, 19 Apr 2022 02:03 UTC

> On 4/18/22 12:44, Mitchell Holman wrote:
>> David Hartung <david@Hotmail.com> wrote in
>> news:kpednTdm-4bt8cD_nZ2dnUU7- dmdnZ2d@giganews.com:

>> boo

>> good

>>> Suppose instead of glorifying the KKK, the book were to go into
>>> detail about just how bad and harmful the LGBT movement is, and
>>> about how much damage BLM/Antifa has done to our culture?
>>>

>> If the books being removed are so harmful
>> why are you talking about hypothetical books?
>>
>> Show us the ACTUAL harm being done by
>> these ACTUAL books.

Well?

> So you would support removing such books, I thought so.

Evasion noted, show us what harm
has been caused by what books you think
need to be removed.

Re: GOP Starts Banning Books At Public Libraries

<4qKdnfNepIrtgcP_nZ2dnUU7-N-dnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=18299&group=alt.politics#18299

Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics
From: pursent...@gmail.com (%)
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2022 19:20:31 -0700
 by: % - Tue, 19 Apr 2022 02:20 UTC

On 2022-04-18 7:03 p.m., Mitchell Holman wrote:
> David Hartung <david@Hotmail.com> wrote in
>
>> On 4/18/22 12:44, Mitchell Holman wrote:
>>> David Hartung <david@Hotmail.com> wrote in
>>> news:kpednTdm-4bt8cD_nZ2dnUU7- dmdnZ2d@giganews.com:

>>> boo

>>> good

>>> If the books being removed are so harmful
>>> why are you talking about hypothetical books?
>>>
>>> Show us the ACTUAL harm being done by
>>> these ACTUAL books.
>

> Well?
>

>> So you would support removing such books, I thought so.
>>

> Evasion noted, show us what harm
> has been caused by what books you think
> need to be removed.

the bible

Re: GOP Starts Banning Books At Public Libraries

<t5SdnUYRW87SusP_nZ2dnUU7-eudnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=18301&group=alt.politics#18301

Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2022 22:06:55 -0500
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics
From: dav...@Hotmail.com (David Hartung)
 by: David Hartung - Tue, 19 Apr 2022 03:06 UTC

On 4/18/22 21:03, Mitchell Holman wrote:
> David Hartung <david@Hotmail.com> wrote in
>
>> On 4/18/22 12:44, Mitchell Holman wrote:
>>> David Hartung <david@Hotmail.com> wrote in
>>> news:kpednTdm-4bt8cD_nZ2dnUU7- dmdnZ2d@giganews.com:

>>> boo

>>> good

>>> If the books being removed are so harmful
>>> why are you talking about hypothetical books?
>>>
>>> Show us the ACTUAL harm being done by
>>> these ACTUAL books.
>

> Well?
>

>> So you would support removing such books, I thought so.
>>

> Evasion noted, show us what harm
> has been caused by what books you think
> need to be removed.

It is you who is evading.

Re: GOP Starts Banning Books At Public Libraries

<chine.bleu-3F0860.21120918042022@reader.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=18307&group=alt.politics#18307

From: chine.b...@yahoo.com (Siri Cruise)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2022 21:12:17 -0700
 by: Siri Cruise - Tue, 19 Apr 2022 04:12 UTC

In article <t5SdnUYRW87SusP_nZ2dnUU7-eudnZ2d@giganews.com>,

> > Well?
> >

> >> So you would support removing such books, I thought so.
> >>

> > Evasion noted, show us what harm
> > has been caused by what books you think
> > need to be removed.
>
> It is you who is evading.

I've no qualms banning nonexistent books.

'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.' /|\

Re: GOP Starts Banning Books At Public Libraries

<XnsAE7E5521885B1noemailcomcastnet@216.166.97.131>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=18308&group=alt.politics#18308

Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics
From: noem...@verizon.net (Mitchell Holman)
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2022 08:28:17 -0500
 by: Mitchell Holman - Tue, 19 Apr 2022 13:28 UTC

David Hartung <david@Hotmail.com> wrote in news:t5SdnUYRW87SusP_nZ2dnUU7-
eudnZ2d@giganews.com:

> On 4/18/22 21:03, Mitchell Holman wrote:
>> David Hartung <david@Hotmail.com> wrote in

Well?

>>> So you would support removing such books, I thought so.
>>>

>> Evasion noted, show us what harm
>> has been caused by what books you think
>> need to be removed.
>
> It is you who is evading.

It is you who are defending this censorship.

Until, like now, when you cannot defend it and run away.