We are governed not by armies and police but by ideas. -- Mona Caird, 1892

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: "Incomprehensible": Hannity Joins Mark Levin Protesting Removal of AM Radio in Electric Vehicles As "Direct Hit" To Conservatives

SubjectAuthor
* "Incomprehensible": Hannity Joins Mark Levin Protesting Removal of AM Radio in EUbiquitous
+* Re: "Incomprehensible": Hannity Joins Mark Levin Protesting Removal of AM Radio A Friend

1
"Incomprehensible": Hannity Joins Mark Levin Protesting Removal of AM Radio in Electric Vehicles As "Direct Hit" To Conservatives

<u2b9j9$1c3op$23@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=183616&group=rec.arts.tv#183616

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,alt.fan.sean-hannity,alt.tv.sean-hannity
Subject: "Incomprehensible": Hannity Joins Mark Levin Protesting Removal of AM Radio in Electric Vehicles As "Direct Hit" To Conservatives
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2023 04:31:02 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Wed, 26 Apr 2023 08:31 UTC

Fox News's Sean Hannity is the latest conservative media powerhouse to allege
car manufacturers may be deliberately making electric cars without AM radio
accessibility as a hit to the right, which has long used talk radio as one of
its key platforms.

Fox News host Mark Levin -- who, like Hannity, has a massive audience on
radio -- made the same warning, calling the move an "attack."

Electric cars and even some hybrid models are being manufactured without AM
radios due to electrical interference with the vehicles' operating systems.

According to Axios, this interference could create "annoying buzzing noises
and faded signals."

"Let's talk about radios for a minute," Levin said on his radio broadcast
last Friday. "Ford is the latest manufacturer that says, the future
production of cars will not include the AM platform... BMW has said it.
Others have said it because it interferes with something or other. They
finally figured out how to attack conservative talk radio."

Hannity recently spoke with Fox News Digital about the phasing out of the AM
radio band.

"It's incomprehensible to me," Hannity said, noting how customers are looking
for more options when it comes to vehicles, not less. "It's not complicated
to put in a radio system that allows you to have AM FM, Sirius XM, or the
ability to plug in your own music from your own phone."

"This would be a direct hit politically on conservative talk radio in
particular, which is what most people go to AM radio to listen to," Hannity
said. "So is there a political component to it? Certainly feels like it."

Hannity told Fox News Digital that since radio licenses are issued federally
it was the responsibility of Congress to "protect that which they oversee,
and they shouldn't have a political agenda associated with it or behind it."

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: "Incomprehensible": Hannity Joins Mark Levin Protesting Removal of AM Radio in Electric Vehicles As "Direct Hit" To Conservatives

<260420231016177763%nope@noway.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=183621&group=rec.arts.tv#183621

From: nop...@noway.com (A Friend)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,alt.fan.sean-hannity,alt.tv.sean-hannity
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2023 10:16:17 -0400
 by: A Friend - Wed, 26 Apr 2023 14:16 UTC

In article <u2b9j9$1c3op$23@dont-email.me>, Ubiquitous
<weberm@polaris.net> wrote:

> Fox News's Sean Hannity is the latest conservative media powerhouse to allege
> car manufacturers may be deliberately making electric cars without AM radio
> accessibility as a hit to the right, which has long used talk radio as one of
> its key platforms.
>
> Fox News host Mark Levin -- who, like Hannity, has a massive audience on
> radio -- made the same warning, calling the move an "attack."
>
> Electric cars and even some hybrid models are being manufactured without AM
> radios due to electrical interference with the vehicles' operating systems.
>
> According to Axios, this interference could create "annoying buzzing noises
> and faded signals."
>
> "Let's talk about radios for a minute," Levin said on his radio broadcast
> last Friday. "Ford is the latest manufacturer that says, the future
> production of cars will not include the AM platform... BMW has said it.
> Others have said it because it interferes with something or other. They
> finally figured out how to attack conservative talk radio."

What paranoid nonsense. AM radio has always been a pain in the ass
with regard to cars, but these days things are far worse because car
components communicate wirelessly.

> Hannity recently spoke with Fox News Digital about the phasing out of the AM
> radio band.
>
> "It's incomprehensible to me," Hannity said

To him, most things are.

> Hannity told Fox News Digital that since radio licenses are issued federally
> it was the responsibility of Congress to "protect that which they oversee,
> and they shouldn't have a political agenda associated with it or behind it."

The real solution is for these shows to migrate to FM or something else
a driver can receive. AM is doomed.

Re: "Incomprehensible": Hannity Joins Mark Levin Protesting Removal of AM Radio in Electric Vehicles As "Direct Hit" To Conservatives

<u2bm85$1faj8$4@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=183650&group=rec.arts.tv#183650

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2023 17:15:49 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Wed, 26 Apr 2023 17:15 UTC

I cut Ubi's crosspost to newsgroups he doesn't read and don' exist.

A Friend <A Friend> wrote:
>In article <u2b9j9$1c3op$23@dont-email.me>, Ubiquitous
><weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
>
>> Fox News's Sean Hannity is the latest conservative media powerhouse to allege
>> car manufacturers may be deliberately making electric cars without AM radio
>> accessibility as a hit to the right, which has long used talk radio as one of
>> its key platforms.
>>
>> Fox News host Mark Levin -- who, like Hannity, has a massive audience on
>> radio -- made the same warning, calling the move an "attack."
>>
>> Electric cars and even some hybrid models are being manufactured without AM
>> radios due to electrical interference with the vehicles' operating systems.
>>
>> According to Axios, this interference could create "annoying buzzing noises
>> and faded signals."
>>
>> "Let's talk about radios for a minute," Levin said on his radio broadcast
>> last Friday. "Ford is the latest manufacturer that says, the future
>> production of cars will not include the AM platform... BMW has said it.
>> Others have said it because it interferes with something or other. They
>> finally figured out how to attack conservative talk radio."
>

>What paranoid nonsense. AM radio has always been a pain in the ass
>with regard to cars, but these days things are far worse because car
>components communicate wirelessly.
>

>> Hannity recently spoke with Fox News Digital about the phasing out of the AM
>> radio band.
>>
>> "It's incomprehensible to me," Hannity said
>

>To him, most things are.
>

>> Hannity told Fox News Digital that since radio licenses are issued federally
>> it was the responsibility of Congress to "protect that which they oversee,
>> and they shouldn't have a political agenda associated with it or behind it."
>

>The real solution is for these shows to migrate to FM or something else
>a driver can receive. AM is doomed.

What are you talking about? Isn't FCC failing to enforce the law on
radio interference? Isn't it illegal to manufacture a vehicle that
outputs interfering signals just 'cuz automakers don't care to use
wiring harnesses? I get sheets and sheets of warnings every time I buy a
consumer electronics item, but auto makers are exempt from all that?

Re: "Incomprehensible": Hannity Joins Mark Levin Protesting Removal of AM Radio in Electric Vehicles As "Direct Hit" To Conservatives

<l8oi4ilgtbm69i4bhnnvcvu4c6oj3msagk@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=183656&group=rec.arts.tv#183656

From: lcra...@home.ca (The Horny Goat)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2023 10:38:32 -0700
 by: The Horny Goat - Wed, 26 Apr 2023 17:38 UTC

On Wed, 26 Apr 2023 04:31:02 -0400, Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net>
wrote:

>"Let's talk about radios for a minute," Levin said on his radio broadcast
>last Friday. "Ford is the latest manufacturer that says, the future
>production of cars will not include the AM platform... BMW has said it.
>Others have said it because it interferes with something or other. They
>finally figured out how to attack conservative talk radio."

As a 20+ year Ford man (my brother in law builds trucks for them in
Oakville, ON) this is distressing since I have no interest in music
when driving and most of the news in our area is on AM.

Will have to talk to the rep next time I'm down there which is likely
soon since a cyclist knocked the cover off my driver's side mirror
assembly and broke a piece off it.

Re: "Incomprehensible": Hannity Joins Mark Levin Protesting Removal of AM Radio in Electric Vehicles As "Direct Hit" To Conservatives

<super70s-B30565.13372126042023@reader.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=183666&group=rec.arts.tv#183666

From: super...@super70s.invalid (super70s)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,alt.fan.sean-hannity,alt.tv.sean-hannity
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2023 13:37:21 -0500
 by: super70s - Wed, 26 Apr 2023 18:37 UTC

In article <260420231016177763%nope@noway.com>,
A Friend <nope@noway.com> wrote:
> What paranoid nonsense. AM radio has always been a pain in the ass
> with regard to cars, but these days things are far worse because car
> components communicate wirelessly.
>
> > Hannity recently spoke with Fox News Digital about the phasing out of the
> > AM radio band.
> >
> > "It's incomprehensible to me," Hannity said
>
> To him, most things are.
>
> > Hannity told Fox News Digital that since radio licenses are issued
> > federally it was the responsibility of Congress to "protect that which they
> > oversee, and they shouldn't have a political agenda associated with it or
> > behind it."
>
> The real solution is for these shows to migrate to FM or something else
> a driver can receive. AM is doomed.

I haven't listened to AM with any regularity since I was a kid.

FM was around at the time (I recall a Leave it to Beaver episode when
Wally helped Eddie install an FM radio in Eddie's car) but it was mostly
confined to listeners of classical music. Then rock and other formats
began broadcasting in FM in the early '70s.

I'm surprised the people who eat the rightwing talk show stuff up want
to hassle with switching to an AM band since there's plenty of that
stuff available on FM also, at least in my area. Or I guess if you're
into that stuff you never listen to anything else that radio offers.

Re: "Incomprehensible": Hannity Joins Mark Levin Protesting Removal of AM Radio in Electric Vehicles As "Direct Hit" To Conservatives

<atropos-467E22.11525926042023@news.giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=183669&group=rec.arts.tv#183669

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,alt.fan.sean-hannity,alt.tv.sean-hannity
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2023 11:52:59 -0700
 by: BTR1701 - Wed, 26 Apr 2023 18:52 UTC

In article
super70s <super70s@super70s.invalid> wrote:

> In article <260420231016177763%nope@noway.com>,
> A Friend <nope@noway.com> wrote:
> > What paranoid nonsense. AM radio has always been a pain in the ass
> > with regard to cars, but these days things are far worse because car
> > components communicate wirelessly.
> >
> > > Hannity recently spoke with Fox News Digital about the phasing out of the
> > > AM radio band.
> > >
> > > "It's incomprehensible to me," Hannity said
> >
> > To him, most things are.
> >
> > > Hannity told Fox News Digital that since radio licenses are issued
> > > federally it was the responsibility of Congress to "protect that which
> > > they oversee, and they shouldn't have a political agenda associated
> > > with it or behind it."
> >
> > The real solution is for these shows to migrate to FM or something else
> > a driver can receive. AM is doomed.
>
> I haven't listened to AM with any regularity since I was a kid.

When I was working and commuting to work every day, I would listen to
KFI AM in L.A., particularly the John & Ken Show. Now I just listen to
the show via podcast.

Re: "Incomprehensible": Hannity Joins Mark Levin Protesting Removal of AM Radio in Electric Vehicles As "Direct Hit" To Conservatives

<u2c27k$1he4g$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=183678&group=rec.arts.tv#183678

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2023 20:40:20 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Wed, 26 Apr 2023 20:40 UTC

Always cut Ubi's stupid crosspost. He doesn't read any of those
newsgroups, and he often crossposts to nonexistent newsgroups.

super70s <super70s@super70s.invalid> wrote:

>>. . .

>I haven't listened to AM with any regularity since I was a kid.

>FM was around at the time (I recall a Leave it to Beaver episode when
>Wally helped Eddie install an FM radio in Eddie's car) but it was mostly
>confined to listeners of classical music. Then rock and other formats
>began broadcasting in FM in the early '70s.

That's exactly the reason. AN receivers were quite common. There were
very few FM receivers in use. FM channel licenses weren't very valuable
so there was lots of classical music programming. When I was a yout', at
one point, I remember there were still 8 channels of classical music but
that was not to last. It stablized at 4 channels but now it's just one
with the same ownership as the local public television station but it is
NOT affiliated with NPR.

You didn't start having non-classical music formats till there was a
potential for a larger audience. Music worked better on FM because of
improved sound quality.

>I'm surprised the people who eat the rightwing talk show stuff up want
>to hassle with switching to an AM band since there's plenty of that
>stuff available on FM also, at least in my area. Or I guess if you're
>into that stuff you never listen to anything else that radio offers.

Get rid of AM, then you get rid of clear channels. That would be a real
loss. Fuck auto manufacturers for murdering AM radio.

Re: "Incomprehensible": Hannity Joins Mark Levin Protesting Removal of AM Radio in Electric Vehicles As "Direct Hit" To Conservatives

<super70s-22A015.16105926042023@reader.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=183680&group=rec.arts.tv#183680

From: super...@super70s.invalid (super70s)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2023 16:10:59 -0500
 by: super70s - Wed, 26 Apr 2023 21:10 UTC

In article <u2c27k$1he4g$3@dont-email.me>,
"Adam H. Kerman" <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:

> Get rid of AM, then you get rid of clear channels. That would be a real
> loss. Fuck auto manufacturers for murdering AM radio.

Didn't the legendary Wolfman Jack used to broadcast from a renegade
clear channel AM station located in Mexico? That would've been cool but
the only clear channel I can remember listening to in the '60s (on my
trusty Juliette) was WLS. Closer to home WSM and its Grand Ole Opry was
popular with country music fans across the country for many years
earlier in the century.

Re: "Incomprehensible": Hannity Joins Mark Levin Protesting Removal of AM Radio in Electric Vehicles As "Direct Hit" To Conservatives

<uedj4idmk5nsl22bb24262f1ef2e41q2oo@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=183703&group=rec.arts.tv#183703

From: lcra...@home.ca (The Horny Goat)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2023 16:40:35 -0700
 by: The Horny Goat - Wed, 26 Apr 2023 23:40 UTC

On Wed, 26 Apr 2023 13:37:21 -0500, super70s
<super70s@super70s.invalid> wrote:

>FM was around at the time (I recall a Leave it to Beaver episode when
>Wally helped Eddie install an FM radio in Eddie's car) but it was mostly
>confined to listeners of classical music. Then rock and other formats
>began broadcasting in FM in the early '70s.
>
>I'm surprised the people who eat the rightwing talk show stuff up want
>to hassle with switching to an AM band since there's plenty of that
>stuff available on FM also, at least in my area. Or I guess if you're
>into that stuff you never listen to anything else that radio offers.

I keep my car's radio tuned to 3 stations: (1) the #1 Talk station
west of Toronto, (2) the local CBC channel and (3) the Bloomberg
channel which I only listen to if I can't stand what #1 or #2 is
airing that day.

I don't remember the last time I went to the FM band though there are
several foreign language stations broadcasting there (Vancouver, BC)
along with the usual music stations

Re: "Incomprehensible": Hannity Joins Mark Levin Protesting Removal of AM Radio in Electric Vehicles As "Direct Hit" To Conservatives

<u2cf82$3q7ge$2@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=183718&group=rec.arts.tv#183718

From: suz...@imbris.com (suzeeq)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: "Incomprehensible": Hannity Joins Mark Levin Protesting Removal
of AM Radio in Electric Vehicles As "Direct Hit" To Conservatives
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2023 17:22:24 -0700
 by: suzeeq - Thu, 27 Apr 2023 00:22 UTC

On 4/26/2023 2:10 PM, super70s wrote:
> In article <u2c27k$1he4g$3@dont-email.me>,
> "Adam H. Kerman" <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:
>
>> Get rid of AM, then you get rid of clear channels. That would be a real
>> loss. Fuck auto manufacturers for murdering AM radio.
>
> Didn't the legendary Wolfman Jack used to broadcast from a renegade
> clear channel AM station located in Mexico? That would've been cool but
> the only clear channel I can remember listening to in the '60s (on my
> trusty Juliette) was WLS. Closer to home WSM and its Grand Ole Opry was
> popular with country music fans across the country for many years
> earlier in the century.

Yep, sometimes I'd hear the Wolfman way up in So Idaho when I was in
high school. Could also get LA and San Francisco stations, and KOA out
of Denver. Usually not more than for 10 minutes at a time though.

Re: "Incomprehensible": Hannity Joins Mark Levin Protesting Removal of AM Radio in Electric Vehicles As "Direct Hit" To Conservatives

<J_q2M.2493266$iU59.2265879@fx14.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=183748&group=rec.arts.tv#183748

of AM Radio in Electric Vehicles As "Direct Hit" To Conservatives
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,alt.fan.sean-hannity,alt.tv.sean-hannity
From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2023 04:11:04 -0500
 by: trotsky - Thu, 27 Apr 2023 09:11 UTC

On 4/26/23 1:52 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> In article
> <super70s-B30565.13372126042023@reader.eternal-september.org>,
> super70s <super70s@super70s.invalid> wrote:
>
>> In article <260420231016177763%nope@noway.com>,
>> A Friend <nope@noway.com> wrote:
>>> What paranoid nonsense. AM radio has always been a pain in the ass
>>> with regard to cars, but these days things are far worse because car
>>> components communicate wirelessly.

>>> To him, most things are.

>>> The real solution is for these shows to migrate to FM or something else
>>> a driver can receive. AM is doomed.
>>
>> I haven't listened to AM with any regularity since I was a kid.
>
> When I was working and commuting to work every day, I would listen to
> KFI AM in L.A., particularly the John & Ken Show. Now I just listen to
> the show via podcast.

Holy fuck that's interesting.

Re: "Incomprehensible": Hannity Joins Mark Levin Protesting Removal of AM Radio in Electric Vehicles As "Direct Hit" To Conservatives

<E2r2M.2493268$iU59.1794169@fx14.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=183750&group=rec.arts.tv#183750

of AM Radio in Electric Vehicles As "Direct Hit" To Conservatives
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,alt.fan.sean-hannity,alt.tv.sean-hannity
From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2023 04:15:16 -0500
 by: trotsky - Thu, 27 Apr 2023 09:15 UTC

On 4/26/23 1:37 PM, super70s wrote:
> In article <260420231016177763%nope@noway.com>,
> A Friend <nope@noway.com> wrote:
>> What paranoid nonsense. AM radio has always been a pain in the ass
>> with regard to cars, but these days things are far worse because car
>> components communicate wirelessly.
>>
>>> Hannity recently spoke with Fox News Digital about the phasing out of the
>>> AM radio band.
>>>
>>> "It's incomprehensible to me," Hannity said
>>
>> To him, most things are.
>>
>>> Hannity told Fox News Digital that since radio licenses are issued
>>> federally it was the responsibility of Congress to "protect that which they
>>> oversee, and they shouldn't have a political agenda associated with it or
>>> behind it."
>>
>> The real solution is for these shows to migrate to FM or something else
>> a driver can receive. AM is doomed.
>
> I haven't listened to AM with any regularity since I was a kid.
>
> FM was around at the time (I recall a Leave it to Beaver episode when
> Wally helped Eddie install an FM radio in Eddie's car) but it was mostly
> confined to listeners of classical music. Then rock and other formats
> began broadcasting in FM in the early '70s.
>
> I'm surprised the people who eat the rightwing talk show stuff up want
> to hassle with switching to an AM band since there's plenty of that
> stuff available on FM also, at least in my area. Or I guess if you're
> into that stuff you never listen to anything else that radio offers.

I would say I listen to 90% AM in the car. Mostly sports talk and
Chicago's WCPT, i.e. Chicago's Progressive Talk.

Re: "Incomprehensible": Hannity Joins Mark Levin Protesting Removal of AM Radio in Electric Vehicles As "Direct Hit" To Conservatives

<P6r2M.2493270$iU59.1939108@fx14.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=183752&group=rec.arts.tv#183752

of AM Radio in Electric Vehicles As "Direct Hit" To Conservatives
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2023 04:19:43 -0500
 by: trotsky - Thu, 27 Apr 2023 09:19 UTC

On 4/26/23 7:22 PM, suzeeq wrote:
> On 4/26/2023 2:10 PM, super70s wrote:
>> In article <u2c27k$1he4g$3@dont-email.me>,
>>   "Adam H. Kerman" <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Get rid of AM, then you get rid of clear channels. That would be a real
>>> loss. Fuck auto manufacturers for murdering AM radio.
>>
>> Didn't the legendary Wolfman Jack used to broadcast from a renegade
>> clear channel AM station located in Mexico? That would've been cool but
>> the only clear channel I can remember listening to in the '60s (on my
>> trusty Juliette) was WLS. Closer to home WSM and its Grand Ole Opry was
>> popular with country music fans across the country for many years
>> earlier in the century.
>>
> Yep, sometimes I'd hear the Wolfman way up in So Idaho when I was in
> high school. Could also get LA and San Francisco stations, and KOA out
> of Denver. Usually not more than for 10 minutes at a time though.

Was Idaho even a state when you were in high school?

Re: "Incomprehensible": Hannity Joins Mark Levin Protesting Removal of AM Radio in Electric Vehicles As "Direct Hit" To Conservatives

<u2dmgr$1sp0c$10@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=183770&group=rec.arts.tv#183770

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,alt.fan.sean-hannity,alt.tv.sean-hannity
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2023 04:30:49 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Thu, 27 Apr 2023 08:30 UTC

In article <260420231016177763%nope@noway.com>, nope@noway.com wrote:
> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:

>> Fox News's Sean Hannity is the latest conservative media powerhouse to
>> allege car manufacturers may be deliberately making electric cars without
>> AM radio accessibility as a hit to the right, which has long used talk
>> radio as one of its key platforms.
>>
>> Fox News host Mark Levin -- who, like Hannity, has a massive audience on
>> radio -- made the same warning, calling the move an "attack."
>>
>> Electric cars and even some hybrid models are being manufactured without
>> AM radios due to electrical interference with the vehicles' operating
>> systems.
>>
>> According to Axios, this interference could create "annoying buzzing
>> noises and faded signals."
>>
>> "Let's talk about radios for a minute," Levin said on his radio broadcast
>> last Friday. "Ford is the latest manufacturer that says, the future
>> production of cars will not include the AM platform... BMW has said it.
>> Others have said it because it interferes with something or other. They
>> finally figured out how to attack conservative talk radio."
>
>What paranoid nonsense. AM radio has always been a pain in the ass
>with regard to cars

What in the wide wide world of sports are you babbling about?
I have never had trouble with car AM radios.

Don't make me Troll-O-Meter you, bro!

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: "Incomprehensible": Hannity Joins Mark Levin Protesting Removal of AM Radio in Electric Vehicles As "Direct Hit" To Conservatives

<270420230946350982%nope@noway.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=183782&group=rec.arts.tv#183782

From: nop...@noway.com (A Friend)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,alt.fan.sean-hannity,alt.tv.sean-hannity
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2023 09:46:35 -0400
 by: A Friend - Thu, 27 Apr 2023 13:46 UTC

In article <u2dmgr$1sp0c$10@dont-email.me>, Ubiquitous
<weberm@polaris.net> wrote:

> In article <260420231016177763%nope@noway.com>, nope@noway.com wrote:
> > Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
>
> >> Fox News's Sean Hannity is the latest conservative media powerhouse to
> >> allege car manufacturers may be deliberately making electric cars without
> >> AM radio accessibility as a hit to the right, which has long used talk
> >> radio as one of its key platforms.
> >>
> >> Fox News host Mark Levin -- who, like Hannity, has a massive audience on
> >> radio -- made the same warning, calling the move an "attack."
> >>
> >> Electric cars and even some hybrid models are being manufactured without
> >> AM radios due to electrical interference with the vehicles' operating
> >> systems.
> >>
> >> According to Axios, this interference could create "annoying buzzing
> >> noises and faded signals."
> >>
> >> "Let's talk about radios for a minute," Levin said on his radio broadcast
> >> last Friday. "Ford is the latest manufacturer that says, the future
> >> production of cars will not include the AM platform... BMW has said it.
> >> Others have said it because it interferes with something or other. They
> >> finally figured out how to attack conservative talk radio."
> >
> >What paranoid nonsense. AM radio has always been a pain in the ass
> >with regard to cars
>
> What in the wide wide world of sports are you babbling about?
> I have never had trouble with car AM radios.
>
> Don't make me Troll-O-Meter you, bro!

Bro, I worked in radio for decades, and I know what I'm talking about.
It's great for you that you've "never had trouble" with your AM car
radio. You're lucky. I don't know where (or even if) you drive, or
how much, but AM radio reception is notoriously wonky in cars. FM is
better but has less range. I don't even turn the car radio on anymore.

When I bought my truck, the guy tried to upsell me a fancy
"entertainment system" that included all sorts of stuff I'd never use.
If I'm on a long drive and I feel like music, I plug my iPhone into the
system and play it from that, but I don't usually bother.

Re: "Incomprehensible": Hannity Joins Mark Levin Protesting Removal of AM Radio in Electric Vehicles As "Direct Hit" To Conservatives

<u2e1jo$1v5nr$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=183792&group=rec.arts.tv#183792

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2023 14:42:00 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Thu, 27 Apr 2023 14:42 UTC

Crosspost to a newsgroup Ubi doesn't read and another that doesn't exist
cut. Always cut Ubi's crosspost in followup.

A Friend wrote:
>Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
>>nope@noway.com wrote:
>>>Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:

Let's use a citation, shall we? Ubi plagarized this from

'Incomprehensible': Hannity Joins Mark Levin Protesting Removal of AM
Radio in Electric Vehicles As 'Direct Hit' To Conservatives
By Candice Ortiz
Mediaite.com
Apr 14th, 2023, 12:25 pm
https://www.mediaite.com/radio/hannity-echoes-mark-levin-raging-at-removal-of-am-radio-in-electric-vehicles-as-a-direct-hit-to-conservatives/

>>>What paranoid nonsense. AM radio has always been a pain in the ass
>>>with regard to cars

>>What in the wide wide world of sports are you babbling about?
>>I have never had trouble with car AM radios.

>>Don't make me Troll-O-Meter you, bro!

>Bro, I worked in radio for decades, and I know what I'm talking about.

Just spit the hook out.

>It's great for you that you've "never had trouble" with your AM car
>radio. You're lucky. I don't know where (or even if) you drive, or
>how much, but AM radio reception is notoriously wonky in cars. FM is
>better but has less range. I don't even turn the car radio on anymore.

The AM signal is affected by tall buildings and can be very difficult to
receive in central business districts. Generally there aren't reception
problems in suburbs and rural areas. Analog audio quality isn't great but
it's adequate for talk. I'm not sure anyone around here uses AM digital
stereo. Isn't that the one in which FCC refused to choose the winning
technology, leaving it to the marketplace? Lack of standardization meant
no one adopted it.

It's not a direct attack on right-wing talk media on radio but clearly,
their needs aren't being accomodated. It's rather different to design
vehicles that emit signals that interfere with reception versus the
nature of AM and interference with tall buildings and maybe subject to
more signal reflection.

This is FCC's actual job and they are just being derilict.

>When I bought my truck, the guy tried to upsell me a fancy
>"entertainment system" that included all sorts of stuff I'd never use.
>If I'm on a long drive and I feel like music, I plug my iPhone into the
>system and play it from that, but I don't usually bother.

Re: "Incomprehensible": Hannity Joins Mark Levin Protesting Removal of AM Radio in Electric Vehicles As "Direct Hit" To Conservatives

<atropos-BEC759.12563827042023@news.giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=183835&group=rec.arts.tv#183835

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2023 12:56:38 -0700
 by: BTR1701 - Thu, 27 Apr 2023 19:56 UTC

In article <u2e1jo$1v5nr$1@dont-email.me>,
"Adam H. Kerman" <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:

> Crosspost to a newsgroup Ubi doesn't read and another that doesn't exist
> cut. Always cut Ubi's crosspost in followup.
>
> A Friend wrote:
> >Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:

> >>What in the wide wide world of sports are you babbling about?
> >>I have never had trouble with car AM radios.
>
> >>Don't make me Troll-O-Meter you, bro!
>
> >Bro, I worked in radio for decades, and I know what I'm talking about.
>
> Just spit the hook out.
>
> >It's great for you that you've "never had trouble" with your AM car
> >radio. You're lucky. I don't know where (or even if) you drive, or
> >how much, but AM radio reception is notoriously wonky in cars. FM is
> >better but has less range. I don't even turn the car radio on anymore.
>
> The AM signal is affected by tall buildings and can be very difficult to
> receive in central business districts.

I'm with Ubi on this. I drive all over L.A. and I never have any trouble
bringing in an AM signal on my car radio. Clear as a bell, whether I'm
at the beach, in the mountains or driving around between the downtown
skyscrapers.

> Generally there aren't reception
> problems in suburbs and rural areas. Analog audio quality isn't great but
> it's adequate for talk. I'm not sure anyone around here uses AM digital
> stereo. Isn't that the one in which FCC refused to choose the winning
> technology, leaving it to the marketplace? Lack of standardization meant
> no one adopted it.
>
> It's not a direct attack on right-wing talk media on radio but clearly,
> their needs aren't being accomodated. It's rather different to design
> vehicles that emit signals that interfere with reception versus the
> nature of AM and interference with tall buildings and maybe subject to
> more signal reflection.
>
> This is FCC's actual job and they are just being derilict.

Re: "Incomprehensible": Hannity Joins Mark Levin Protesting Removal of AM Radio in Electric Vehicles As "Direct Hit" To Conservatives

<u2f93j$258uo$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=183886&group=rec.arts.tv#183886

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2023 01:56:03 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Fri, 28 Apr 2023 01:56 UTC

BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
>In article <u2e1jo$1v5nr$1@dont-email.me>,
> "Adam H. Kerman" <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:
>
>> Crosspost to a newsgroup Ubi doesn't read and another that doesn't exist
>> cut. Always cut Ubi's crosspost in followup.
>>
>> A Friend wrote:

>> >Bro, I worked in radio for decades, and I know what I'm talking about.
>>
>> Just spit the hook out.
>>
>> >It's great for you that you've "never had trouble" with your AM car
>> >radio. You're lucky. I don't know where (or even if) you drive, or
>> >how much, but AM radio reception is notoriously wonky in cars. FM is
>> >better but has less range. I don't even turn the car radio on anymore.
>>
>> The AM signal is affected by tall buildings and can be very difficult to
>> receive in central business districts.
>
>I'm with Ubi on this. I drive all over L.A. and I never have any trouble
>bringing in an AM signal on my car radio. Clear as a bell, whether I'm
>at the beach, in the mountains or driving around between the downtown
>skyscrapers.

I have trouble receiving AM in the Chicago Loop, otherwise it's not an
issue.

>> Generally there aren't reception
>> problems in suburbs and rural areas. Analog audio quality isn't great but
>> it's adequate for talk. I'm not sure anyone around here uses AM digital
>> stereo. Isn't that the one in which FCC refused to choose the winning
>> technology, leaving it to the marketplace? Lack of standardization meant
>> no one adopted it.
>>
>> It's not a direct attack on right-wing talk media on radio but clearly,
>> their needs aren't being accomodated. It's rather different to design
>> vehicles that emit signals that interfere with reception versus the
>> nature of AM and interference with tall buildings and maybe subject to
>> more signal reflection.
>>
>> This is FCC's actual job and they are just being derilict.

Re: "Incomprehensible": Hannity Joins Mark Levin Protesting Removal of AM Radio in Electric Vehicles As "Direct Hit" To Conservatives

<u2gavk$2djn3$5@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=183938&group=rec.arts.tv#183938

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,alt.fan.sean-hannity,alt.tv.sean-hannity
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2023 04:30:43 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Fri, 28 Apr 2023 08:30 UTC

In article <u2e1jo$1v5nr$1@dont-email.me>, ahk@chinet.com wrote:
> A Friend wrote:
>> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:

>>>What in the wide wide world of sports are you babbling about?
>>>I have never had trouble with car AM radios.
>
>>>Don't make me Troll-O-Meter you, bro!
>
>>Bro, I worked in radio for decades, and I know what I'm talking about.
>>It's great for you that you've "never had trouble" with your AM car
>>radio. You're lucky. I don't know where (or even if) you drive, or
>>how much, but AM radio reception is notoriously wonky in cars.

Only if incorrectly installed or you bought yours online from "trotsky".

>The AM signal is affected by tall buildings and can be very difficult to
>receive in central business districts. Generally there aren't reception
>problems in suburbs and rural areas. Analog audio quality isn't great but
>it's adequate for talk. I'm not sure anyone around here uses AM digital
>stereo. Isn't that the one in which FCC refused to choose the winning
>technology, leaving it to the marketplace? Lack of standardization meant
>no one adopted it.
>
>It's not a direct attack on right-wing talk media on radio but clearly,
>their needs aren't being accomodated. It's rather different to design
>vehicles that emit signals that interfere with reception versus the
>nature of AM and interference with tall buildings and maybe subject to
>more signal reflection.
>
>This is FCC's actual job and they are just being derilict.

Which just happens to affect a format they've been trying to shut down for
decades.

>>When I bought my truck, the guy tried to upsell me a fancy
>>"entertainment system" that included all sorts of stuff I'd never use.
>>If I'm on a long drive and I feel like music, I plug my iPhone into the
>>system and play it from that, but I don't usually bother.

[Kerman's incorrect formatting fixed.]

--
Let's go Brandon!