From: j_mcqu...@comcast.net (jmcquown)
Newsgroups: rec.birds
Subject: Crow with a Broken Wing
Date: Sun, 4 Jun 2023 15:51:44 -0400
 by: jmcquown - Sun, 4 Jun 2023 19:51 UTC

I first saw this very large black crow yesterday walking behind my house
dragging a wing. The wing is obviously broken. There is a golf course
behind my house and it wandered off to the other side. It's a fully
mature bird.

This afternoon I saw it again. It was sitting on the little dinner
plate-size bird bath on my patio. It slaked it's thirst and then hopped
down and wandered off again to the other side of the golf green. I made
sure the bird bath had fresh water and scattered some seed so at least
if it comes back it will have some seed to eat.

I've called the numbers of some wildlife rehabbers in the area. Based
on the descriptions they seem to deal mostly with squirrels, oppossums
and raccoons but one can only hope. One number seems to be out of
service since all I get when I call it rings and goes straight to a busy
signal. The others are located at least 60 miles away and I get dumped
into voicemail. I don't know if they know what to do about injured birds.

I really don't know what to do about this. The crow is very large and I
have no intentions (or a way) of trying to contain it. I'm quite sure
any attempts I might make would only cause it further harm.

Sorry, just had to post because I feel so bad for this poor injured crow.

Jill (Southern South Carolina)