Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2023 08:15:49 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Fakes News sees its own viewers as 'uninformed simpletons
From: technoba...@gmail.com (Technobarbarian)
 by: Technobarbarian - Thu, 9 Mar 2023 16:15 UTC

LOL, I wonder where they got that idea? I'm sure it wasn't from reading RORT.

"Fox News believes that its own viewers are "uninformed simpletons" — and is constantly working to pander to them, but powerless to truly control them, argued former right-wing media consultant and The Young Turks contributor Matthew Sheffield in a Twitter thread on Thursday.

This comes as new revelations in the $1.6 billion lawsuit by Dominion Voting Systems against Fox News showing that Fox News figures knew their claims about the 2020 election being "stolen" from former President Donald Trump were untrue.

"Despite what some have theorized, Fox and Donald Trump are not actually in control of the Republican base," wrote Sheffield. "The frantic text messages and emails from Fox leaders & anchors show that Fox's business is monetizing mob outrage by running to the front of the crowd."

"We've seen this already with Trump's base refusing to heed his calls on candidate endorsements and Covid vaccinations, but now we see that Fox executives and hosts are terrified of losing their deranged cash cow. Fox is the ultimate 'safe space,' in other words," wrote Sheffield. "The Dominion documents have revealed that Fox views its audience as uninformed simpletons who are so wrapped up in their own hatred of fellow Americans that they cannot bear to hear about inconvenient facts. Suzanne Scott, Fox CEO pretty much states this repeatedly.""
[snip]

TB

Re: Fakes News sees its own viewers as 'uninformed simpletons

<7150cca7-b8ea-44e1-bd7b-ce89b11d8d53n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=18389&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#18389

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2023 09:15:32 -0800 (PST)
From: dm.call...@gmail.com (dm_callier)
 by: dm_callier - Thu, 9 Mar 2023 17:15 UTC

On Thursday, March 9, 2023 at 8:15:51 AM UTC-8, Technobarbarian wrote:
> LOL, I wonder where they got that idea? I'm sure it wasn't from reading RORT.
>
> "Fox News believes that its own viewers are "uninformed simpletons" — and is constantly working to pander to them, but powerless to truly control them, argued former right-wing media consultant and The Young Turks contributor Matthew Sheffield in a Twitter thread on Thursday.
>
> This comes as new revelations in the $1.6 billion lawsuit by Dominion Voting Systems against Fox News showing that Fox News figures knew their claims about the 2020 election being "stolen" from former President Donald Trump were untrue.
>
> "Despite what some have theorized, Fox and Donald Trump are not actually in control of the Republican base," wrote Sheffield. "The frantic text messages and emails from Fox leaders & anchors show that Fox's business is monetizing mob outrage by running to the front of the crowd."
>
> "We've seen this already with Trump's base refusing to heed his calls on candidate endorsements and Covid vaccinations, but now we see that Fox executives and hosts are terrified of losing their deranged cash cow. Fox is the ultimate 'safe space,' in other words," wrote Sheffield. "The Dominion documents have revealed that Fox views its audience as uninformed simpletons who are so wrapped up in their own hatred of fellow Americans that they cannot bear to hear about inconvenient facts. Suzanne Scott, Fox CEO pretty much states this repeatedly.""
> [snip]
>
> TB
Why would the folks at Faux be afraid of a bunch of peaceful tourists carrying rope, zip-ties and duct tape?

Enjoy the day,
dmc

Re: Fakes News sees its own viewers as 'uninformed simpletons

<dzSdncY-8MoePJf5nZ2dnZfqnPadnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=18397&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#18397

Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2023 19:18:27 -0800
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: i09...@removethisspamblockerstuff-yahoo.com (kmiller)
 by: kmiller - Fri, 10 Mar 2023 03:18 UTC

On 3/9/2023 8:15 AM, Technobarbarian wrote:
> LOL, I wonder where they got that idea? I'm sure it wasn't from reading RORT.
>
> "Fox News believes that its own viewers are "uninformed simpletons" — and is constantly working to pander to them, but powerless to truly control them, argued former right-wing media consultant and The Young Turks contributor Matthew Sheffield in a Twitter thread on Thursday.
>
> This comes as new revelations in the $1.6 billion lawsuit by Dominion Voting Systems against Fox News showing that Fox News figures knew their claims about the 2020 election being "stolen" from former President Donald Trump were untrue.
>
> "Despite what some have theorized, Fox and Donald Trump are not actually in control of the Republican base," wrote Sheffield. "The frantic text messages and emails from Fox leaders & anchors show that Fox's business is monetizing mob outrage by running to the front of the crowd."
>
> "We've seen this already with Trump's base refusing to heed his calls on candidate endorsements and Covid vaccinations, but now we see that Fox executives and hosts are terrified of losing their deranged cash cow. Fox is the ultimate 'safe space,' in other words," wrote Sheffield. "The Dominion documents have revealed that Fox views its audience as uninformed simpletons who are so wrapped up in their own hatred of fellow Americans that they cannot bear to hear about inconvenient facts. Suzanne Scott, Fox CEO pretty much states this repeatedly.""
> [snip]
>
> TB

"Uninformed simpletons"? Sounds like they met JohnGeorge. HawHawHaw!

Re: Fakes News sees its own viewers as 'uninformed simpletons

<aed34922-5576-4165-8651-ce506d47073fn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=18400&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#18400

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2023 19:33:00 -0800 (PST)
From: technoba...@gmail.com (Technobarbarian)
 by: Technobarbarian - Fri, 10 Mar 2023 03:33 UTC

On Thursday, March 9, 2023 at 7:18:39 PM UTC-8, kmiller wrote:
> On 3/9/2023 8:15 AM, Technobarbarian wrote:
> > LOL, I wonder where they got that idea? I'm sure it wasn't from reading RORT.
> >
> > "Fox News believes that its own viewers are "uninformed simpletons" — and is constantly working to pander to them, but powerless to truly control them, argued former right-wing media consultant and The Young Turks contributor Matthew Sheffield in a Twitter thread on Thursday.
> >
> > This comes as new revelations in the $1.6 billion lawsuit by Dominion Voting Systems against Fox News showing that Fox News figures knew their claims about the 2020 election being "stolen" from former President Donald Trump were untrue.
> >
> > "Despite what some have theorized, Fox and Donald Trump are not actually in control of the Republican base," wrote Sheffield. "The frantic text messages and emails from Fox leaders & anchors show that Fox's business is monetizing mob outrage by running to the front of the crowd."
> >
> > "We've seen this already with Trump's base refusing to heed his calls on candidate endorsements and Covid vaccinations, but now we see that Fox executives and hosts are terrified of losing their deranged cash cow. Fox is the ultimate 'safe space,' in other words," wrote Sheffield. "The Dominion documents have revealed that Fox views its audience as uninformed simpletons who are so wrapped up in their own hatred of fellow Americans that they cannot bear to hear about inconvenient facts. Suzanne Scott, Fox CEO pretty much states this repeatedly.""
> > [snip]
> >
> > TB
> >
> "Uninformed simpletons"? Sounds like they met JohnGeorge. HawHawHaw!

Yep, it pretty well nails our living proof that #45 is a crime family surrounded by a cult. Fakes News is rubbing spaghetti all over itself in sworn depositions and it has absolutely no effect on the true believers. They have no use for science or facts. All they want it that old time religion.

TB