From: NoB...@nowhere.com (NoBody)
Newsgroups: alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics,alt.politics.democrat
Subject: Another failure of Biden and the Democrats - no food to feed our children
Date: Mon, 09 May 2022 07:14:08 -0400
 by: NoBody - Mon, 9 May 2022 11:14 UTC

New York (CNNBusiness)For months stores nationwide have been
struggling to stock enough baby formula. Manufacturers say they're
producing at full capacity and making as much formula as they can, but
it's still not enough to meet current demand.
The out-of-stock rate for baby formula hovered between 2% and 8% in
the first half of 2021, but began rising sharply last July. Between
November 2021 and early April 2022, the out-of-stock rate jumped to
31%, data from Datasembly showed.
That rate increased another 9 percentage points in just three weeks in
April, and now stands at 40%, the statistics show. In six states —
Iowa, South Dakota, North Dakota, Missouri, Texas and Tennessee — more
than half of baby formula was completely sold out during the week
starting April 24, Datasembly said.

And although seven states had between 40-50% of baby formula products
out of stock as of early April, 26 states are now struggling with
supply.

Parents are desperate after baby formula recall wipes out supply
Parents are desperate after baby formula recall wipes out supply
"This issue has been compounded by supply chain issues, product
recalls and historic inflation," Datasembly CEO Ben Reich said.
"Unfortunately, given the unprecedented amount of volatility to the
category, we anticipate baby formula to continue to be one of the most
affected products in the market."

CVS and Walgreens confirmed that it is limiting customers nationwide
to three toddler and infant formulas per transaction. "We continue to
work diligently with our supplier partners to best meet customer
demands," Walgreens said in a statement to CNN Business.
A Target spokesperson confirmed that the retailer has limited baby
formula purchases to four units per customer for online purchases.
There is no limit on the number of units that can be bought in person
in Target stores, the company said.
Customers shared images on social media of Walmart imposing similar
constraints on its sales of baby formula, though Walmart did not
confirm if it was a nationwide policy. Images shared with CNN Business
show empty shelves where baby formula should be, and a sign saying
only five units were allowed per customer.
Walmart did not immediately respond to a request for comment from CNN
Business.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/05/08/business/baby-formula-shortage/index.html

Re: Another failure of Biden and the Democrats - no food to feed our children

<XnsAE92E3F1E9BA2foofoobarcom@85.12.62.240>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=18511&group=alt.politics#18511

Newsgroups: alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics,alt.politics.democrat
From: foo...@foobar.com (WhataWonderfulWorld)
Date: Mon, 09 May 2022 12:24:44 GMT
 by: WhataWonderfulWorld - Mon, 9 May 2022 12:24 UTC

NoBody <NoBody@nowhere.com> wrote in

> New York (CNNBusiness)For months stores nationwide have been
> struggling to stock enough baby formula. Manufacturers say they're
> producing at full capacity and making as much formula as they can, but
> it's still not enough to meet current demand.
> The out-of-stock rate for baby formula hovered between 2% and 8% in
> the first half of 2021, but began rising sharply last July. Between
> November 2021 and early April 2022, the out-of-stock rate jumped to
> 31%, data from Datasembly showed.
> That rate increased another 9 percentage points in just three weeks in
> April, and now stands at 40%, the statistics show. In six states �
> Iowa, South Dakota, North Dakota, Missouri, Texas and Tennessee � more
> than half of baby formula was completely sold out during the week
> starting April 24, Datasembly said.
>
> And although seven states had between 40-50% of baby formula products
> out of stock as of early April, 26 states are now struggling with
> supply.
>
> Parents are desperate after baby formula recall wipes out supply
> Parents are desperate after baby formula recall wipes out supply
> "This issue has been compounded by supply chain issues, product
> recalls and historic inflation," Datasembly CEO Ben Reich said.
> "Unfortunately, given the unprecedented amount of volatility to the
> category, we anticipate baby formula to continue to be one of the most
> affected products in the market."
>
> CVS and Walgreens confirmed that it is limiting customers nationwide
> to three toddler and infant formulas per transaction. "We continue to
> work diligently with our supplier partners to best meet customer
> demands," Walgreens said in a statement to CNN Business.
> A Target spokesperson confirmed that the retailer has limited baby
> formula purchases to four units per customer for online purchases.
> There is no limit on the number of units that can be bought in person
> in Target stores, the company said.
> Customers shared images on social media of Walmart imposing similar
> constraints on its sales of baby formula, though Walmart did not
> confirm if it was a nationwide policy. Images shared with CNN Business
> show empty shelves where baby formula should be, and a sign saying
> only five units were allowed per customer.
> Walmart did not immediately respond to a request for comment from CNN
> Business.
>
> https://www.cnn.com/2022/05/08/business/baby-formula-
shortage/index.html

That happened in Austraia a while back, seems groups of Asians were
buying up large stocks from Supermarkets and shipping them back to
China, something to do with contaminated supplies over there.

Wonder if something like that is happening in the U.S.A.