Newsgroups: soc.history.war.misc
From: a425cou...@hotmail.com (a425couple)
Subject: rough draft from Bill Maher - Things Change! - on Palestine
Date: Sat, 23 Dec 2023 13:29:28 -0800
 by: a425couple - Sat, 23 Dec 2023 21:29 UTC

Not perfect, but a lot of real truths.
Listen, watch, and read the whole thing at:
https://www.instagram.com/reel/C0_-eUOrI5_/

I see a lot of Nativity Scenes as I'm out driving before Christmas,
and I can't help thinking about where that manger really is.
It's on Palestinian lands Controlled by the Palestinian Authority. In
1950, The little town of Bethlehem was 86% Christian. Now it's
overwhelmingly Muslim. And that's my point tonight. Things change.

To 2.3 billion. Christians, that can be no more sacred sight than where
their savior was born, but they don't have it anymore And yet no
Crusader Army has geared up to take it back. Things change countries,
boundaries Empires Palestine Was under the Ottoman Empire for 400 years.
But today, an ottoman is something you put under your feet.

City of Byzantium became the city of Constantinople became Istanbul.
Not everybody liked it but you can't keep arguing the call forever. The
Irish had the entire island to themselves but the British were starting
an Empire and well the Irish lost their toe.

Maybe. They blew each other up over it for 30 years, but eventually,
everybody comes to an accommodation. Except the Palestinians. Was it
unjust that even a single Arab family was forced to move upon the
founding of the Jewish State? Yes, But it's also not rare. Happening all
through history, all over the world and mostly what people do is make
the best of it. After World War II, 12 million ethnic Germans got
shoved, out of Russia and Poland and Czechoslovakia because being German
had become kind of unpopular, A million Greeks were shoved out of turkey
in 1923 a millions out of Nigeria in 1983. Almost a million French at
about Algeria in 1962, nearly a million Syrian refugees moved to Germany
eight years ago. Was that a perfect fit? And no one knows more about
being pushed off land in the Jews, Including being almost, wholy, kicked
out of every Arab country. They once lived in Yes, Tick Tock fans Ethnic
cleansing happened. Both ways In Fiddler on the roof. The family is
always moving to stay one step ahead of the Cossacks but they deal with
it when they're leaving. Attica they say, "hey it wasn't so great anyway."
"Come on, like other countries. Don't have roofs. You could fiddle on."

Now, that's not how they really felt. But they were coping They coped
Because sometimes that's all you can do. History is brutal. A humans are
not good people. People History sad and full of wrongs, but you can't
make them unhappy because of power glider isn't a time machine People,
get moved and yes, colonized. Nobody was a bigger colonizer than the
Muslim Army that swept out of the Arabian desert and took over much of
the world in a single Century and they didn't do it by asking. There's a
reason Saudi Arabia's flag is a sword. Kosovo was the Cradle of
Christian Serbia. Then it became Muslim, They fought a war about it in
the 90s but stopped, they didn't keep it going for 75 years. There were
deals on the table to share the land called Palestine. In 1947. 93 95,
98 2000, 2008 and East Jerusalem could have been the capital of a
Palestinian state that today Might look more like Dubai than Gaza.
Arafat was offered 95 of the West Bank and said, no, The Palestinian
people should know, your leaders and the useful idiots on college
campuses who are their allies Are not doing you any favors by keeping
alive, the river to the sea myth. I mean, where do you think Israel is
going, spoiler? Alert nowhere.

It's one of the most powerful countries in the world with the 500
billion dollar economy. The world's second largest tech sector after
Silicon Valley and nuclear weapons. They're here. They like their bagel
with a smear. Get used to it.

What's happening to Palestinians today is horrible and not just in Gaza
in the West Bank too. But Wars end with negotiation and what the media
gloss is over is it's hard to negotiate when the other side's bargaining
position is you all die and disappear. I mean the chance from the river
to the Sea. Yeah, let's look at the map. Here's the river. Here's the
sea. Oh, I see it means. You get all of it, Not just the West Bank,
which was basically the original U.N. Partition deal, you rejected?
Because you wanted all of it and always have Even though it's
indisputably Also, the Jewish ancestral Homeland. And so you attacked
And lost And attacked again, And loss, And attacked again And lost As my
friend, Dr. Phil says how's that working for you?

Look at what Mexico used to own all the way up to the top of California
but no Mexican is out there chanting from the Rio Grande to Portland Oregon.

Because they chose a different path. They got real and built a country,
that's the world's 14th Biggest economy now because they knew the United
States wasn't going to give back Phoenix, Any more than Hamas will ever
be in Tel Aviv.

One of the leaders of Hamas, says save yourselves time and imaginary
dreams in a few years Allah is willing. You will have to discuss the
situation in the region after Israel. I'm sorry. Who's the one with
imaginary dreams. If I give you the benefit of the doubt and say your
plan for a completely Jewless Palestine, isn't that all the Jews should
die? What is the only other option? They move You. Move all the Jews.
Okay, I gotta warn you. There's gonna be some kvetching.

You move all the Jews and we do this with what a fleet of trucks called
jew-haul

And to, where are we moving this entire country. Texas Sure they have
room and I guess we could put the whaling wall on the border and killed
two birds with one star Or we can just get serious.

----play ends

Well, I see a lot of Nativity scenes when I'm out. Is you always do
before Christmas? And I can't help thinking about where that manger
really is. It's in the West Bank On Palestinian land controlled by the
Palestinian Authority In 1950. The little town of Bethlehem was 86
Christian. Now it's overwhelmingly Muslim And that's my point tonight.
Things change To 2.3 billion. Christians, that can be no more sacred
site than where their savior was born, but they don't have it anymore
And yet no Crusader Army has geared up to take it back. Things, change
countries, boundaries Empires, Palestine Was under the Autumn Empire for
400 years. But today, an ottoman is something you put under your feet.

The city of Byzantium became the city of Constantinople became Istanbul.
Not everybody liked it but you can't keep arguing the call forever. The
Irish had the entire island to themselves but the British were starting
an Empire and well the Irish lost their tip.

They blew each other up over it for 30 years, but eventually everybody
comes to an accommodation Except the Palestinians. Was it unjust that
even a single Arab family was forced to move upon the founding of the
Jewish State? Yes, But it's also not rare Happening all through history,
all over the world and mostly what people do is make the best of it.
After World War II, 12 million ethnic Germans got shoved, out of Russia
and Poland and Czechoslovakia because being German had become kind of
unpopular, A Greeks were shoved out of turkey in 1923 a millions out of
Nigeria in 1983. Almost a million French at about Jerry, in 1962, nearly
a million Syrian refugees moved to Germany eight years ago. Was that a
perfect fit? And no one knows more about being pushed off land in the
Jews, Including being almost, holy, kicked out of every Arab country.
They once lived in Yes, Tick Tock fans Ethnic cleansing happened. Both
ways In federal on the roof. The family is always moving to stay one
step ahead of the cost ox, but they deal with it when they're leaving
antifa, they say, hey it wasn't so great. Anyway.

Come on, like other countries. Don't have roofs. You could fiddle on.

Now, that's not how they really felt. But they were coping They coped
Because sometimes that's all you can do. History is brutal and humans
are not good people. History is sad and full of wrongs, but you can't
make them unhapp happen because a paraglider isn't a time machine.
People, get moved and yes, colonized. Nobody was a bigger colonizer than
the Muslim Army that swept out of the Arabian desert and took over much
of the world in a single Century and they didn't do it by asking.
There's a reason Saudi Arabia's flag is a sword. Kosovo was the Cradle
of Christian Serbia. Then it became Muslim, They fought a war about it
in the 90s but stopped, they didn't keep it going for 75 years. There
were deals on the table to share the land called Palestine. In 1947. 93
95, 98 2000, 2008 and East. Jerusalem could have been the capital of a
Palestinian state that today Might look more like Dubai than Gaza.
Arafat was offered 95 of the West Bank and said, no, The Palestinian
people should know, your leaders and the useful idiots on college
campuses who are their allies Are not doing any favors by keeping alive.
The river to the Sea myth. I mean, where do you think Israel is going,
spoiler? Alert nowhere.

Click here to read the complete article
In Medieval Times and now - Things Change, and people must cope! Bill Maher

<DeLhN.88808$c3Ea.12089@fx10.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=1857&group=soc.history.war.misc#1857

Subject: In Medieval Times and now - Things Change, and people must cope! Bill
Maher
Newsgroups: soc.history.war.misc,soc.history.medieval,or.politics,seattle.politics,ca.politics
From: a425cou...@hotmail.com (a425couple)
Date: Sat, 23 Dec 2023 16:49:39 -0800
 by: a425couple - Sun, 24 Dec 2023 00:49 UTC

On 12/23/23 13:29, a425couple wrote:

Not perfect, but a lot of real truths here.
Listen, watch, and read the whole thing at:

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C0_-eUOrI5_/

or at Youtube at:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KP-CRXROorw

2,193,771 views Dec 15, 2023
Real Time with Bill Maher
It may be a “magical time of year,” but what we all really need right
now is a good dose of realism about Israel and Palestine.

[...]

position is you all die and disappear. I mean the chant from the river
[...]

dreams in a few years Allah willing. You will have to discuss the