After a number of decimal places, nobody gives a damn.

interests / alt.politics / Re: When The GOP Came For The First Amendement

SubjectAuthor
* When The GOP Came For The First AmendementBradley K. Sherman
+* Re: When The GOP Came For The First AmendementBlue Lives Matter
|+* Re: When The GOP Came For The First AmendementDavid Hartung
||+* Re: When The GOP Came For The First AmendementRudy Canoza
|||`* Re: When The GOP Came For The First AmendementDavid Hartung
||| +- Re: When The GOP Came For The First AmendementSiri Cruise
||| +* Re: When The GOP Came For The First AmendementBlue Lives Matter
||| `- Re: When The GOP Came For The First AmendementRudy Canoza
||+* Re: When The GOP Came For The First AmendementSiri Cruise
|||`* Re: When The GOP Came For The First AmendementDavid Hartung
||| +* Re: When The GOP Came For The First Amendementsuper70s
||| `- Re: When The GOP Came For The First AmendementRudy Canoza
||`* Re: When The GOP Came For The First AmendementBlue Lives Matter
|| `- Re: When The GOP Came For The First AmendementDavid Hartung
|`* Re: When The GOP Came For The First Amendement25.BX945
| +* Re: When The GOP Came For The First AmendementMitchell Holman
| |`* Re: When The GOP Came For The First AmendementDavid Hartung
| | +* Re: When The GOP Came For The First AmendementSiri Cruise
| | |+* Re: When The GOP Came For The First AmendementBlue Lives Matter
| | |+* Re: When The GOP Came For The First AmendementDavid Hartung
| | |+- Re: When The GOP Came For The First AmendementNoBody
| | |`- Re: When The GOP Came For The First AmendementYak
| | `- Re: When The GOP Came For The First AmendementRudy Canoza
| +- Re: When The GOP Came For The First AmendementSiri Cruise
| `- Re: When The GOP Came For The First AmendementBlue Lives Matter
+- Re: When The GOP Came For The First AmendementSiri Cruise
+- Why is the left so fucking stupid?AlleyCat
+- Re: When The GOP Came For The First AmendementNoBody
`- Re: When The GOP Came For The First AmendementYak

Pages:123
When The GOP Came For The First Amendement

<t5umt6$9mj$1@panix3.panix.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=18551&group=alt.politics#18551

From: bks...@panix.com (Bradley K. Sherman)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics
Subject: When The GOP Came For The First Amendement
Date: 16 May 2022 23:31:50 -0000
 by: Bradley K. Sherman - Mon, 16 May 2022 23:31 UTC

| Florida Governor Ron DeSantis signs bill banning "picketing
| and protesting" outside a private residence
<https://www.cbsnews.com/news/protests-roe-v-wade-homes-florida-ron-desantis-ban/>

--bks

May 2022: The month that "Libertarians" were exposed.

Re: When The GOP Came For The First Amendement

<dup58hdb2lhgeclcmcqmtvsmct38p65uvn@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=18552&group=alt.politics#18552

From: Iron_Wh...@Systemic_Patriotism.KMA (Blue Lives Matter)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics
Subject: Re: When The GOP Came For The First Amendement
Date: Mon, 16 May 2022 20:10:31 -0400
 by: Blue Lives Matter - Tue, 17 May 2022 00:10 UTC

On 16 May 2022 23:31:50 -0000, bks@panix.com (Bradley K. Sherman)
wrote:

> | Florida Governor Ron DeSantis signs bill banning "picketing
> | and protesting" outside a private residence
><https://www.cbsnews.com/news/protests-roe-v-wade-homes-florida-ron-desantis-ban/>
>
> --bks
>
>May 2022: The month that "Libertarians" were exposed.

Good for DeSantis.

Re: When The GOP Came For The First Amendement

<chine.bleu-4440F9.18383016052022@news.eternal-september.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=18553&group=alt.politics#18553

From: chine.b...@yahoo.com (Siri Cruise)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics
Date: Mon, 16 May 2022 18:38:38 -0700
 by: Siri Cruise - Tue, 17 May 2022 01:38 UTC

In article <t5umt6$9mj$1@panix3.panix.com>,
bks@panix.com (Bradley K. Sherman) wrote:

> | Florida Governor Ron DeSantis signs bill banning "picketing
> | and protesting" outside a private residence

And operation rescue?

'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.' /|\
I am an Andrea Chen sockpuppet. insults Islam. Mohammed

Re: When The GOP Came For The First Amendement

<yf2dnYE_acwAkh7_nZ2dnUU7-Q-dnZ2d@giganews.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=18556&group=alt.politics#18556

Date: Mon, 16 May 2022 21:59:41 -0500
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics
From: dav...@Hotmail.com (David Hartung)
 by: David Hartung - Tue, 17 May 2022 02:59 UTC

On 5/16/22 19:10, Blue Lives Matter wrote:
> On 16 May 2022 23:31:50 -0000, bks@panix.com (Bradley K. Sherman)
> wrote:
>

>> | Florida Governor Ron DeSantis signs bill banning "picketing
>> | and protesting" outside a private residence
>> <https://www.cbsnews.com/news/protests-roe-v-wade-homes-florida-ron-desantis-ban/>
>>
>> --bks
>>
>> May 2022: The month that "Libertarians" were exposed.
>
> Good for DeSantis.

Absolutely.

Re: When The GOP Came For The First Amendement

<YhEgK.10674$ed43.8565@fx99.iad>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=18557&group=alt.politics#18557

Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics
From: notgen...@gmail.com (Rudy Canoza)
Date: Mon, 16 May 2022 20:05:29 -0700
 by: Rudy Canoza - Tue, 17 May 2022 03:05 UTC

On 5/16/2022 7:59 PM, David Hartung wrote:
> On 5/16/22 19:10, Blue Lives Matter wrote:

>>> <https://www.cbsnews.com/news/protests-roe-v-wade-homes-florida-ron-desantis-ban/>
>>>

>>>     --bks
>>>
>>> May 2022: The month that "Libertarians" were exposed.
>>
>> Good for DeSantis.
>
> Absolutely.

It's unconstitutional and will be thrown out.

Why is the left so fucking stupid?

<MPG.3cecce1cc2a30c6a9898be@news.eternal-september.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=18558&group=alt.politics#18558

From: al...@aohell.com (AlleyCat)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics
Subject: Why is the left so fucking stupid?
Date: Mon, 16 May 2022 22:10:26 -0500
 by: AlleyCat - Tue, 17 May 2022 03:10 UTC

On 16 May 2022 23:31:50 -0000, Bradley K. Sherman says...

> | Florida Governor Ron DeSantis signs bill banning "picketing
> | and protesting" outside a private residence

Awww... is Bradley gonna cwy?

DeSantis is not violating free speech, stupid.

You need a permit, pussy.

Know your rights, retard.

The residences are private, the streets are public, pansy.

In some cases, government require a permit as a condition of protest on public
property. For example, government often can require a permit for parades in the
streets, given the impact on vehicle traffic.

Private property owners can set rules for speech on their property. The
government may not restrict your speech if it is taking place on your own
property or with the consent of the property owner.

Certain types of events may require permits. These include a march or parade
that requires blocking traffic or street closure; a large rally requiring the
use of sound amplifying devices; or a rally over a certain size at most parks
or plazas.

=====

ACLU:

Know your rights Back to Know Your Rights

The First Amendment protects your right to assemble and express your views
through protest. HOWEVER, POLICE AND OTHER GOVERNMENT OFFICIALS ARE ALLOWED TO
PLACE CERTAIN NARROW RESTRICTIONS ON THE EXERCISE OF SPEECH RIGHTS.

Make sure you're prepared by brushing up on your rights before heading out into
the streets.

=====

When can government require a permit to protest? | ACLU of Illinois

https://www.aclu-il.org/en/news/when-can-government-require-permit-protest

In some cases, government can require a permit as a condition of protest on
public property. For example, government often can require a permit for parades
in the streets, given the impact on vehicle traffic.

=====

Know Your Rights | Protesters" Rights - American Civil Liberties Union

https://www.aclu.org/know-your-rights/protesters-rights/

You don't need a permit to march in the streets or on sidewalks, as long as
marchers don't obstruct car or pedestrian traffic. If you don't have a permit,
police officers can ask you to move to the side of a street or sidewalk to let
others pass or for safety reasons. Certain types of events may require permits.

=====

Protest permit - Wikipedia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Protest_permit

A protest permit or parade permit is permission granted by a governmental
agency for a demonstration to be held in a particular venue at a particular
time. Failing to obtain a permit may lead to charges of parading without a
permit. The requirement of a permit is sometimes denounced as an infringement
of free speech, as permits are denied on spurious grounds or protestors are
corralled into...

=====

Protest Laws by State - FindLaw

https://www.findlaw.com/civilrights/enforcing-your-civil-rights/protest-laws-
by-state.html

In the United States, you have the right to assemble and peacefully protest
against the government as you see fit. Derived from the First Amendment to the
U.S. Constitution, you can assemble and engage in peaceful protest in a public
space. That means sidewalks, streets, public squares, and parks, just to name a
few.

=====

Is requiring a permit for protests in the United States Constitutional...

https://www.quora.com/Is-requiring-a-permit-for-protests-in-the-United-States-
Constitutional?share=1

Yes - generally speaking it is permitted under the First Amendment for the
government to place reasonable time, place, and manner restrictions on the
expression of speech or action, so long as the restrictions are content-neutral
and generally applicable to all people who wish to protest.

=====

Protest Law FAQ - The Legal Rights of Protestors - The Protest Corporation

https://protestcorporation.com/protest-law-faq/

There is no right to protest on private property unless you are the owner or
you have permission from the property owner. Thus, a protest outside of a
corporation's building, or outside of police officer's house, must not enter
any private property and remain entirely on whatever public land (streets,
sidewalks, etc) surrounds the private property.

=====

Your Right To Organize Demonstrations and Protests - ACLU of South Carolina

https://www.aclusc.org/en/know-your-rights/your-right-organize-demonstrations-
and-protests

If you disobey those rules, the owners can order you off their property or have
you arrested. Do we need a permit to hold a protest? If you stay on the
sidewalks, obey traffic signals, and do not block normal pedestrian movement
you shouldn't need a permit. Examples of events that may require permits:

=====

What are your rights to protest in public? - TalksOnLaw

https://www.talksonlaw.com/briefs/what-are-your-rights-to-protest-on-streets-
and-sidewalks

As a general rule the First Amendment permits you to engage in speech to engage
in protest on streets and sidewalks and parks with a pretty big asterisk. You
cannot, without a permit, engage in intentional obstruction. That just means
getting in the way.

=====

Does my event require a permit? | Atlanta, GA

https://www.atlantaga.gov/government/mayor-s-office/executive-offices/office-
of-special-events/does-my-event-require-a-permit

The Mayor's Office of Special Events (MOSE) permits all outdoor events in the
city of Atlanta. To determine if your event requires a permit, please read the
following descriptions.

=====

Know Your Rights at a Protest - ACLU Pennsylvania

https://www.aclupa.org/en/know-your-rights/know-your-rights-protest

Yes, you can picket or leaflet in public places by yourself or in small groups
without a permit so long as you are not blocking streets, sidewalks, or
entrances to buildings. Can I approach other people in public areas? Yes. You
may approach pedestrians with leaflets, newspapers, petitions and requests for
donations.

=====

Protected and Excused White Supremacists:

"A few years ago, this guy (Barack Obama) would have been getting us coffee." -
Bill Clinton(D) to Sen. Ted Kennedy(D)

"Americans can't distinguish "between a South Korean and someone from
Beijing." - Joe Biden

"I mean, you got the first mainstream African American who is articulate and
bright and clean and a nice looking guy." - Sen. Joseph Biden(D)

Biden Used Racist Term "Roaches" to Describe Black Kids Who Felt His Hairy Legs

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid of Nevada described in private then Sen.
Barack Obama as "light skinned" and "with no Negro dialect, unless he wanted to
have one."

Praised Democrat Segregationist Sen. John Stennis(D) as "Man of Character"

"The only reason you are endorsing him is because he's black. Let's just be
clear." - Former President Bill Clinton(D)

"Segregation Is Good for Black People" - Joe Biden

"These Negroes, they're getting pretty uppity these days and that's a problem
for us since they've got something now they never had before, the political
pull to back up their uppityness. Now we've got to do something about this,
we've got to give them a little something, just enough to quiet them down, not
enough to make a difference. For if we don't move at all, then their allies
will line up against us and there'll be no way of stopping them, we'll lose the
filibuster and there'll be no way of putting a brake on all sorts of wild
legislation. It'll be Reconstruction all over again." Sen. Lyndon B. Johnson
(D) - Texas, 1957

"(The) Democrat Party Needs More People Like Racist Democrat Governor George
Wallace." - Joe Biden

"There are white Niggers. I've seen a lot of white Niggers in my time." -
Former Klansman and Former US Senator Robert Byrd (deceased)

Gave Speech About What's "Good for the Negro"

"Jews... that's J-E-W-S." - Democratic state representative Bill McKinney on
why his daughter Cynthia lost in 2002

"... if you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then
you ain't black..." - Joe Biden

The Jews don't like Farrakhan, so they call me Hitler. Well, that's a good
name. Hitler was a very great man. He rose Germany up from the ashes." - Louis
Farrakhan

"If my opponent wins, they're going to put y'all back in chains." - Joe Biden

"You fucking Jew bastard." - Hillary Clinton

"Unless we do something about this, my children are going to grow up in a
jungle." - Joe Biden

Somehow left wingnuts naturally assume that if a person has a bit of color in
their face, and that color is black, then the people they're talking to must
talk, walk and "act Black". Affecting a black accent to recount San Francisco
mayor Willie Brown asking, "Who is this "Emily List'? She's supportin" all
these people. She's supportin" Sen. Dianne Feinstein. She's supported Sen.
Barbara Boxer... She supported everybody. Why won't she support me?" - Hillary
Clinton (D,NY.)

"You cannot go to a 7-Eleven or a Dunkin" Donuts unless you have a slight
Indian accent. I'm not joking." - Joe Biden

Click here to read the complete article
Re: When The GOP Came For The First Amendement

<M76dncRm6JWbjh7_nZ2dnUU7-QudnZ2d@giganews.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=18559&group=alt.politics#18559

Date: Mon, 16 May 2022 22:14:14 -0500
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics
From: dav...@Hotmail.com (David Hartung)
 by: David Hartung - Tue, 17 May 2022 03:14 UTC

On 5/16/22 22:05, Rudy Canoza wrote:
> On 5/16/2022 7:59 PM, David Hartung wrote:
>> On 5/16/22 19:10, Blue Lives Matter wrote:

>>> Good for DeSantis.
>>
>> Absolutely.
>
> It's unconstitutional and will be thrown out.

Possible, but don't bet on it.

Re: When The GOP Came For The First Amendement

<chine.bleu-DDBDD0.20222516052022@news.eternal-september.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=18560&group=alt.politics#18560

From: chine.b...@yahoo.com (Siri Cruise)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics
Date: Mon, 16 May 2022 20:22:33 -0700
 by: Siri Cruise - Tue, 17 May 2022 03:22 UTC

In article <yf2dnYE_acwAkh7_nZ2dnUU7-Q-dnZ2d@giganews.com>,
David Hartung <david@Hotmail.com> wrote:

> On 5/16/22 19:10, Blue Lives Matter wrote:

> >> <https://www.cbsnews.com/news/protests-roe-v-wade-homes-florida-ron-desanti
> >> s-ban/>
> >>
> >> --bks
> >>
> >> May 2022: The month that "Libertarians" were exposed.
> >
> > Good for DeSantis.
>
> Absolutely.

No criticism of the people who started this?

'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.' /|\
I am an Andrea Chen sockpuppet. insults Islam. Mohammed

Re: When The GOP Came For The First Amendement

<2d2dnVZfeOZpiB7_nZ2dnUU7-UWdnZ2d@giganews.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=18561&group=alt.politics#18561

Date: Mon, 16 May 2022 22:26:43 -0500
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics
From: dav...@Hotmail.com (David Hartung)
 by: David Hartung - Tue, 17 May 2022 03:26 UTC

On 5/16/22 22:22, Siri Cruise wrote:
> In article <yf2dnYE_acwAkh7_nZ2dnUU7-Q-dnZ2d@giganews.com>,
> David Hartung <david@Hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On 5/16/22 19:10, Blue Lives Matter wrote:

>>> Good for DeSantis.
>>
>> Absolutely.
>
> No criticism of the people who started this?

You mean the pro abortion Democrats?

Re: When The GOP Came For The First Amendement

<chine.bleu-CD888E.20453616052022@news.eternal-september.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=18563&group=alt.politics#18563

From: chine.b...@yahoo.com (Siri Cruise)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics
Date: Mon, 16 May 2022 20:45:44 -0700
 by: Siri Cruise - Tue, 17 May 2022 03:45 UTC

In article <M76dncRm6JWbjh7_nZ2dnUU7-QudnZ2d@giganews.com>,
David Hartung <david@Hotmail.com> wrote:

> > It's unconstitutional and will be thrown out.
>
> Possible, but don't bet on it.

Just as constitutional as people standing outside of abortion
clinics. As long as they don't impede right of way, shoot doctors
through kitch windows, and that sort of thing, peaceful assembly
is a right.

'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.' /|\
I am an Andrea Chen sockpuppet. insults Islam. Mohammed

Re: When The GOP Came For The First Amendement

<chm68hl2gef78lpa5lmprtorvohp7l3f84@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=18567&group=alt.politics#18567

From: Iron_Wh...@Systemic_Patriotism.KMA (Blue Lives Matter)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics
Date: Tue, 17 May 2022 04:20:10 -0400
 by: Blue Lives Matter - Tue, 17 May 2022 08:20 UTC

On Mon, 16 May 2022 22:14:14 -0500, David Hartung <david@Hotmail.com>
wrote:

>On 5/16/22 22:05, Rudy Canoza wrote:

>>> Absolutely.
>>
>> It's unconstitutional and will be thrown out.
>
>Possible, but don't bet on it.
The key is "intent" as defined in the law...

"It is unlawful for a person to picket or protest
before or about the dwelling of any person with the intent to
harass or disturb that person in his or her dwelling."

Re: When The GOP Came For The First Amendement

<a9n68ht6llu894kgp4vr3jk0j6vk5jjrnl@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=18568&group=alt.politics#18568

From: Iron_Wh...@Systemic_Patriotism.KMA (Blue Lives Matter)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics
Date: Tue, 17 May 2022 04:31:12 -0400
 by: Blue Lives Matter - Tue, 17 May 2022 08:31 UTC

On Mon, 16 May 2022 21:59:41 -0500, David Hartung <david@Hotmail.com>
wrote:

>On 5/16/22 19:10, Blue Lives Matter wrote:

>>> <https://www.cbsnews.com/news/protests-roe-v-wade-homes-florida-ron-desantis-ban/>
>>>
>>> --bks
>>>
>>> May 2022: The month that "Libertarians" were exposed.
>>
>> Good for DeSantis.
>
>Absolutely.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frisby_v._Schultz

Re: When The GOP Came For The First Amendement

<super70s-B2060B.03355017052022@reader02.eternal-september.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=18569&group=alt.politics#18569

From: super...@super70s.invalid (super70s)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics
Date: Tue, 17 May 2022 03:35:50 -0500
 by: super70s - Tue, 17 May 2022 08:35 UTC

In article <2d2dnVZfeOZpiB7_nZ2dnUU7-UWdnZ2d@giganews.com>,
David Hartung <david@Hotmail.com> wrote:

> On 5/16/22 22:22, Siri Cruise wrote:
> > In article <yf2dnYE_acwAkh7_nZ2dnUU7-Q-dnZ2d@giganews.com>,
> > David Hartung <david@Hotmail.com> wrote:

> >> Absolutely.
> >
> > No criticism of the people who started this?
>
> You mean the pro abortion Democrats?

Your whacko evangelical side has been shooting abortion doctors in the
back for 40 years.

Re: When The GOP Came For The First Amendement

<Iv6dnYN-uokeHR7_nZ2dnUU7-V-dnZ2d@giganews.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=18570&group=alt.politics#18570

Date: Tue, 17 May 2022 06:01:23 -0500
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics
From: dav...@Hotmail.com (David Hartung)
 by: David Hartung - Tue, 17 May 2022 11:01 UTC

On 5/17/22 03:35, super70s wrote:
> In article <2d2dnVZfeOZpiB7_nZ2dnUU7-UWdnZ2d@giganews.com>,
> David Hartung <david@Hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On 5/16/22 22:22, Siri Cruise wrote:

>>> No criticism of the people who started this?
>>
>> You mean the pro abortion Democrats?
>
> Your whacko evangelical side has been shooting abortion doctors in the
> back for 40 years.

Exactly how many abortion doctors have been shot?

Re: When The GOP Came For The First Amendement

<hh078h9hj9boigr39hu5uhvmcv4sumaj1p@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=18572&group=alt.politics#18572

From: NoB...@nowhere.com (NoBody)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics
Date: Tue, 17 May 2022 07:09:35 -0400
 by: NoBody - Tue, 17 May 2022 11:09 UTC

wrote:

> | Florida Governor Ron DeSantis signs bill banning "picketing
> | and protesting" outside a private residence
><https://www.cbsnews.com/news/protests-roe-v-wade-homes-florida-ron-desantis-ban/>
>
> --bks
>
>May 2022: The month that "Libertarians" were exposed.

Here's a more complete quote that you selectively snipped:

"
U.S.
Florida Governor Ron DeSantis signs bill banning "picketing and
protesting" outside a private residence

By Zoe Christen Jones

May 16, 2022 / 7:05 PM / CBS News

Florida Governor Ron DeSantis signed a bill Monday that prohibits
"picketing and protesting" outside someone's private residence. The
news comes following a wave of protests over abortion rights, many of
which have taken place outside lawmakers' communities and homes.

The law makes it a second-degree misdemeanor to protest in a way that
intentionally harasses or disturbs someone in their home. Violators
face 60 days in jail and fines of up to $500. "

Free speech does not include the right to invade someone's privacy and
harass.

Re: When The GOP Came For The First Amendement

<2oudnR-6_6EkHx7_nZ2dnUU7-X_NnZ2d@giganews.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=18573&group=alt.politics#18573

Date: Tue, 17 May 2022 06:10:48 -0500
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics
From: dav...@Hotmail.com (David Hartung)
 by: David Hartung - Tue, 17 May 2022 11:10 UTC

On 5/17/22 03:35, super70s wrote:
> In article <2d2dnVZfeOZpiB7_nZ2dnUU7-UWdnZ2d@giganews.com>,
> David Hartung <david@Hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On 5/16/22 22:22, Siri Cruise wrote:

>>> No criticism of the people who started this?
>>
>> You mean the pro abortion Democrats?
>
> Your whacko evangelical side has been shooting abortion doctors in the
> back for 40 years.

While even one murder is too many, I strongly suspect that the problem
isn't as widespread as you make it out to be; and I am absolutely
certain that the nutcases who do such things are rejected by the
mainstream of the pro-life movement.

Re: When The GOP Came For The First Amendement

<t5vvtb$efo$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=18574&group=alt.politics#18574

From: yak...@inbox.com (Yak)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics
Date: Tue, 17 May 2022 07:11:39 -0400
 by: Yak - Tue, 17 May 2022 11:11 UTC

On 5/16/22 7:31 PM, Bradley K. Sherman wrote:

> | Florida Governor Ron DeSantis signs bill banning "picketing
> | and protesting" outside a private residence
> <https://www.cbsnews.com/news/protests-roe-v-wade-homes-florida-ron-desantis-ban/>
>
> --bks
>
> May 2022: The month that "Libertarians" were exposed.

You didn't read the bill, did you?

Re: When The GOP Came For The First Amendement

<2oudnR66_6GZHh7_nZ2dnUU7-X-dnZ2d@giganews.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=18575&group=alt.politics#18575

Date: Tue, 17 May 2022 06:12:04 -0500
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics
From: dav...@Hotmail.com (David Hartung)
 by: David Hartung - Tue, 17 May 2022 11:12 UTC

On 5/17/22 03:31, Blue Lives Matter wrote:
> On Mon, 16 May 2022 21:59:41 -0500, David Hartung <david@Hotmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On 5/16/22 19:10, Blue Lives Matter wrote:

>>> Good for DeSantis.
>>
>> Absolutely.
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frisby_v._Schultz

Common sense.

Re: When The GOP Came For The First Amendement

<t6007a$efo$3@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=18576&group=alt.politics#18576

From: yak...@inbox.com (Yak)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics
Date: Tue, 17 May 2022 07:16:58 -0400
 by: Yak - Tue, 17 May 2022 11:16 UTC

On 5/17/22 4:20 AM, Blue Lives Matter wrote:
> On Mon, 16 May 2022 22:14:14 -0500, David Hartung <david@Hotmail.com>
> wrote:

>>> It's unconstitutional and will be thrown out.
>>
>> Possible, but don't bet on it.
>
> The key is "intent" as defined in the law...
>
> "It is unlawful for a person to picket or protest
> before or about the dwelling of any person with the intent to
> harass or disturb that person in his or her dwelling."

Bingo. That that right there is why it is unlikely that anyone would
ever be criminally culpable under the bill.

Re: When The GOP Came For The First Amendement

<chine.bleu-B09F6A.04272917052022@news.eternal-september.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=18577&group=alt.politics#18577

From: chine.b...@yahoo.com (Siri Cruise)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics
Date: Tue, 17 May 2022 04:27:29 -0700
 by: Siri Cruise - Tue, 17 May 2022 11:27 UTC

In article <2oudnR-6_6EkHx7_nZ2dnUU7-X_NnZ2d@giganews.com>,
David Hartung <david@Hotmail.com> wrote:

> While even one murder is too many, I strongly suspect that the problem
> isn't as widespread as you make it out to be

As usual you respond with 'Yes...but'. 'Yes that would be
wrong'...'but we can make an exception this time'. That's why you
can't obey Jesus's new commandment. Because you always have to
add a qualifier why you can't love this one or that one.

'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.' /|\
I am an Andrea Chen sockpuppet. insults Islam. Mohammed

Re: When The GOP Came For The First Amendement

<chine.bleu-0A5A32.04280917052022@news.eternal-september.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=18578&group=alt.politics#18578

From: chine.b...@yahoo.com (Siri Cruise)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics
Date: Tue, 17 May 2022 04:28:17 -0700
 by: Siri Cruise - Tue, 17 May 2022 11:28 UTC

In article <Iv6dnYN-uokeHR7_nZ2dnUU7-V-dnZ2d@giganews.com>,
David Hartung <david@Hotmail.com> wrote:

> On 5/17/22 03:35, super70s wrote:
> > In article <2d2dnVZfeOZpiB7_nZ2dnUU7-UWdnZ2d@giganews.com>,
> > David Hartung <david@Hotmail.com> wrote:

> >> You mean the pro abortion Democrats?
> >
> > Your whacko evangelical side has been shooting abortion doctors in the
> > back for 40 years.
>
> Exactly how many abortion doctors have been shot?

'Yes......but.....'

'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.' /|\
I am an Andrea Chen sockpuppet. insults Islam. Mohammed

Re: When The GOP Came For The First Amendement

<chine.bleu-EC0A92.04565517052022@news.eternal-september.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=18579&group=alt.politics#18579

From: chine.b...@yahoo.com (Siri Cruise)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics
Date: Tue, 17 May 2022 04:57:03 -0700
 by: Siri Cruise - Tue, 17 May 2022 11:57 UTC

In article <t6007a$efo$3@dont-email.me>, Yak <yak@inbox.com>
wrote:

> Bingo. That that right there is why it is unlikely that anyone would
> ever be criminally culpable under the bill.

Why have it?

'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.' /|\
I am an Andrea Chen sockpuppet. insults Islam. Mohammed

Re: When The GOP Came For The First Amendement

<t606qq$cr4$2@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=18581&group=alt.politics#18581

From: yak...@inbox.com (Yak)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics
Date: Tue, 17 May 2022 09:09:46 -0400
 by: Yak - Tue, 17 May 2022 13:09 UTC

On 5/17/22 7:57 AM, Siri Cruise wrote:
> In article <t6007a$efo$3@dont-email.me>, Yak <yak@inbox.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Bingo. That that right there is why it is unlikely that anyone would
>> ever be criminally culpable under the bill.
>
> Why have it?

Why have laws against intentional murder?

Re: When The GOP Came For The First Amendement

<XnsAE9A56023B9ADnoemailcomcastnet@216.166.97.131>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=18582&group=alt.politics#18582

Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics
From: noem...@verizon.net (Mitchell Holman)
Date: Tue, 17 May 2022 08:35:37 -0500
 by: Mitchell Holman - Tue, 17 May 2022 13:35 UTC

David Hartung <david@Hotmail.com> wrote in news:2oudnR-6_6EkHx7_nZ2dnUU7-
X_NnZ2d@giganews.com:

> On 5/17/22 03:35, super70s wrote:
>> In article <2d2dnVZfeOZpiB7_nZ2dnUU7-UWdnZ2d@giganews.com>,
>> David Hartung <david@Hotmail.com> wrote:

>>> You mean the pro abortion Democrats?
>>
>> Your whacko evangelical side has been shooting abortion doctors in the
>> back for 40 years.
>
> While even one murder is too many, I strongly suspect that the problem
> isn't as widespread as you make it out to be; and I am absolutely
> certain that the nutcases who do such things are rejected by the
> mainstream of the pro-life movement.

Funny how every murder committed by
a conservative is "an isolated case",
but the cases keep happening over and
over again.

Re: When The GOP Came For The First Amendement

<XnsAE9A5616E8793noemailcomcastnet@216.166.97.131>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=18583&group=alt.politics#18583

Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics
From: noem...@verizon.net (Mitchell Holman)
Date: Tue, 17 May 2022 08:36:06 -0500
 by: Mitchell Holman - Tue, 17 May 2022 13:36 UTC

David Hartung <david@Hotmail.com> wrote in news:Iv6dnYN-uokeHR7_nZ2dnUU7-V-
dnZ2d@giganews.com:

> On 5/17/22 03:35, super70s wrote:
>> In article <2d2dnVZfeOZpiB7_nZ2dnUU7-UWdnZ2d@giganews.com>,
>> David Hartung <david@Hotmail.com> wrote:

>>> You mean the pro abortion Democrats?
>>
>> Your whacko evangelical side has been shooting abortion doctors in the
>> back for 40 years.
>
> Exactly how many abortion doctors have been shot?

How many need to be shot for you to care?