Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.politics,soc.culture.usa,rec.arts
From: 25BZ...@nada.net (25.BX945)
Subject: "Pirates" Producers Think They're Threatening Johnny Depp
Date: Wed, 18 May 2022 00:02:52 -0400
 by: 25.BX945 - Wed, 18 May 2022 04:02 UTC

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/pirates-of-the-caribbean-producer-addresses-johnny-depps-future-franchise

Johnny Depp most likely will not be returning as Jack Sparrow
anytime soon.

The "Pirates of the Caribbean" producer Jerry Bruckheimer
spoke on Depp’s involvement with the franchise amid his
defamation lawsuit with his ex-wife Amber Heard.

Bruckheimer was asked by The Sunday Times if Depp will
be back, and he responded with, "Not at this point. The
future is yet to be decided."

The film’s producer is currently working on two more
"Pirates of the Caribbean" movies and confirmed with
the outlet that he is talks with Margot Robbie to be
cast in one of the two scripts that are currently
in development.

.. . .

Threats ??? First off, Depp had already said, before
any of this shit, that he was DONE with the "Pirates"
franchise and wanted to move on to other projects.

So, basically the producers are banning someone who
wasn't gonna do their movies anyway.

Margot Robbie DOES play a good loon - she'd be great
for the "Pirates" movies. They can cast her as
"Jack's Daughter" or something ........

Depp is one of those rare hyper-versatile actors.
He's successfully done comedy, drama, sci-fi,
fantasy, even a musical - the whole spectrum.
He's a money-drawing name and can't be threatened.

I may be alone, but I really liked his straight
role as the rare (Satanic) book dealer in 9th-Gate
and his Mad Hatter was pretty much perfect. He
also speaks excellent French and could easily get
roles in that country's films as well. In short,
a few "Woke" American producers ain't gonna drive
him broke. Best to boycott films by "Woke"
producers and directors anyway for your own
mental health ......

This CURRENT legal thing - it really seems to come
down to who's the better actor. Sorry Amber, but
Depp wins again on that point. When I think Amber
now, I always visualize a steaming turd on a bed ...
she comes across as psycho as Robbie pretends to be.