If you talk to God, you are praying; if God talks to you, you have schizophrenia. -- Thomas Szasz

interests / alt.politics / Re: -- Political nutjobs

SubjectAuthor
* Re: -- Political nutjobsRod Speed
`* Re: -- Political nutjobsRod Speed
 +* Re: -- Political nutjobsRod Speed
 |`- Re: -- Political nutjobsRod Speed
 +* Re: -- Political nutjobsRod Speed
 |`* Re: -- Political nutjobsRod Speed
 | `- Re: -- Political nutjobsRod Speed
 +* Re: -- Political nutjobsRod Speed
 |`* Re: -- Political nutjobsRod Speed
 | `- Re: -- Political nutjobsRod Speed
 `* Re: -- Political nutjobsRod Speed
  `- Re: -- Political nutjobsRod Speed

1
Re: -- Political nutjobs

<op.1mf6bqugbyq249@pvr2.lan>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=18618&group=alt.politics#18618

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.politics,aus.legal,alt.politics
Subject: Re: -- Political nutjobs
Date: Fri, 20 May 2022 13:22:28 +1000
 by: Rod Speed - Fri, 20 May 2022 03:22 UTC

dolf <dolfboek@hotmail.com> wrote

> Surely Sigmund Freud was a student of history

Nope.

> and the notion "vagina with
> teeth" portrays the permissive ("anything is there for a price" and
> "darkness is no barrier to opportunity") culture which pervaded
> 18th-century London and where insanity was a common cause...

Even sillier than you usually manage and that's saying something...

Re: -- Political nutjobs

<op.1mgawjxcbyq249@pvr2.lan>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=18621&group=alt.politics#18621

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.politics,aus.legal,alt.politics
Date: Fri, 20 May 2022 15:01:21 +1000
 by: Rod Speed - Fri, 20 May 2022 05:01 UTC

dolf <dolfboek@hotmail.com> wrote
> Rod Speed wrote
>> dolf <dolfboek@hotmail.com> wrote

>>> Surely Sigmund Freud was a student of history

>> Nope.

> It might be more correct to suggest that the VICTORIAN(20 June 1837 –
> 22 Jan 1901) era attitudes are a responseto the sexual disease and
> deprivations of the age prior.

Not really. Just read
Lock, Joan. Scotland Yard Casebook (p. 204). Lume Books.
Interesting that quite a few of the toffs were into quite literally
whipping and torturing children in organised events. Hard
to see that that could be due to the sexual disease and
deprivations of the age prior.

> If one in five persons within London had Syphilis and a far greater
> number had gonorrhea or chlamydia then it is reasonable to concludethat
> between 3 / 5th (60%) to 4 / 5th (80%) percent of the population
> possessed a long term venereal disease and such professional knowledge
> would no doubt have permeated amongst the intelligentsia as to view a
> "more rigorous form of Victorian sexual morality than England" as being
> prudent.

The reality is that Victorian sexual morality
was much more just a fascade than reality.

> Freud lived and worked in Vienna, having set up his clinical practice
> there in 1886. In 1938, Freud left Austria to escape Nazi persecution.
> He died in exile in the United Kingdom in 1939--It is not for me to
> extrapolate or research whether his association with the UK was before
> 1938 entirely non-existent.

But it is clear from his biographys that before 1938 entirely
non-existent.

> His Five Lectures on Psychoanalysis and Civilization and its Discontents
> belong to two distinct phases of Freud’s thought—a thought which was
> always changing, expanding, and being revised , and which has as many
> discontinuities as continuities. Both texts rest written from Freud’s
> basic psychoanalytic perspective; each reflects the general
> *historical*, philosophical, and scientific movements in which Freud
> found himself when he developed psychoanalysis.

> Freud’s Austria of the second half of the nineteenth century was
> characterized by an even more rigorous form of Victorian sexual morality
> than England, whose sexual delicacy and frigidity is often caricatured..

Even that isn't clear at all.

> This rigorous sexual morality did not, however,prevent Victorians from
> speaking about sexuality.

And doing it with children in spades.

> The large, urban, professional middle class—the bourgeoisie—had an
> intense moral preoccupation with sexuality, particularly in women and
> children. Their sexual interests, and sexual knowledge, were understood
> to be naturally limited; however, in the case of exceptions, this
> interest and knowledge were carefully regulated.

Not really.

> Young women were expected to be chaste before marriage;

Nothing unusual about that.

> and the private sexual experimentation of children and adolescents—for
> example, masturbation—were assiduously suppressed.

Thats bullshit with the dregs of their society.

> Additionally, a *growing* *knowledge* *of* *sexual* *diseases*, *like*
> *syphilis*, created, in the public mind, an association between *sexual*
> *promiscuity* *and* *catastrophic* *epidemics*. Sexuality not only
> needed to be regulatedby personal morality, or by the vigilance of the
> family, but, since it could affect entire populations, was a political
> and social concern.

But the reality is that raping of children and servants was rife.

> At the same time the nascent field of sexology was developing. A number
> of medical researchers, like Havelock Ellis and Richard von
> Krafft-Ebing—whom Feud knew and who publicly commented on one of Freud’s
> earliest papers—gave detailed and meticulous accounts of the forms and
> varieties of sexual behaviors and identities, regardless of their rarity
> or apparent perversity.

And with Ellis, showed that it was nothing even remotely like rare.

> They also tried to connect facts about sexuality to other facts, which
> had no self-evident relationship to sexuality; they asked, for example,
> how sexuality relates to class,

It was well known that the dregs fucked like rabbits and
that abortion was rife.

> or how sexuality relates to criminality.

Thats more complicated given that what was illegal changed so much.

> The late nineteenth century was, therefore, characterized by an
> interesting constellation of trends: a personal, familial, and political
> regulation of sexuality, on the one hand, and a proliferation of
> scientific writing which showed how that problematic sexuality
> nevertheless had a secure and extensive place in human nature,

Corse it did.

> on the other hand. This constellation served as an auspicious context
> for Freud to develop his theories. Freud described how all kinds of
> unusual, or “perverse,” sexual desires dominate the mind—in children, in
> neurotic adults, but also in normal adults. Freud also showed how the
> mind finds itself in an irrevocable conflict with its own sexuality: how
> it fears its sexuality, and tries to avoid and eliminate it, or, most
> importantly, how it tries to forget it, or remove it from conscious
> awareness.

Thats silly with the dregs of society that just got on with fucking like
rabbits.

> For Freud, this meant that unusual, “perverse” sexuality had a peculiar
> fate. Regulated by morality, removed from conscious awareness, but still
> very much extant, it became “unconscious”: no longer under the control
> of a person’s self-conscious and voluntary choices, it manifested in a
> person’s involuntary actions, like mistakes and slips of the tongues, as
> well as in mental pathologies, like obsession, paranoia, hysteria, and
> anxiety.

That is all just another mindless wank.

> <https://www.college.columbia.edu/core/content/writings-sigmund-freud/context>

Re: -- Political nutjobs

<op.1mgl6ltnbyq249@pvr2.lan>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=18623&group=alt.politics#18623

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.politics,aus.legal,alt.politics
Date: Fri, 20 May 2022 19:04:59 +1000
 by: Rod Speed - Fri, 20 May 2022 09:04 UTC

dolf <dolfboek@hotmail.com> wrote

> I don't need to reply further because you ignoredthe historical context
> of a Syphilis pandemic

There was no syphilis pandemic.

> would obviously have an such a reasonedcause as probably known to Freud

Read his biographys...

> And I won't pander to your narcissistic self justification--

Just another of your pathetic little drug
crazed drunken narcisstic fantasys,

> you were in error.

Nope.

> I posited that the "Victorian sexual morality" was a response to the
> historical reality that reasonably some 60 - 80% of Londoners withinthe
> 18th century might have a sexually transmitted disease.

That number is ever sillier.

> That was the basis of my claim a "vagina with teeth"is a proposition of
> power which is asserted by alarger population having a prevalence of
> disease

Even sillier.

Re: -- Political nutjobs

<op.1mgmjemcbyq249@pvr2.lan>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=18624&group=alt.politics#18624

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.legal,aus.politics,alt.politics
Date: Fri, 20 May 2022 19:12:40 +1000
 by: Rod Speed - Fri, 20 May 2022 09:12 UTC

dolf <dolfboek@hotmail.com> wrote
> dolf <dolfboek@hotmail.com> wrote

>> I don't need to reply further because you ignored the historical
>> context of
>> a Syphilis pandemic would obviously have such a reasoned cause as
>> probably known to Freud ...
>>
>> And I won't pander to your narcissistic self justification--you were in
>> error.
>>
>> I posited that the "Victorian sexual morality" was a response to the
>> historical reality that reasonably some 60 - 80% of Londoners within the
>> 18th century might have a sexually transmitted disease.

> And we know from Captain Cook's travel diaries that there wasn't
> sufficient
> medical supplies on the ship to treat the rampant sexual diseases amongst
> the sailors and throughout the pacific islands who prostituted even their
> wives.

They weren't prostituted, they had different ideas about fucking.

So did Venice, Florence, and Milan as can be seen in
Sabatini, Rafael. The Life of Cesare Borgia: Biography of the Prince
(Kindle Location 108). e-artnow. Kindle Edition.

Re: -- Political nutjobs

<op.1mg7nih0byq249@pvr2.lan>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=18630&group=alt.politics#18630

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.politics,aus.legal,alt.politics
Date: Sat, 21 May 2022 02:48:44 +1000
 by: Rod Speed - Fri, 20 May 2022 16:48 UTC

On Fri, 20 May 2022 22:14:49 +1000, dolf <dolfboek@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Is that the best you can do?
>
> Try to say on topic next time and not resort to disassembly.

You never could bullshit your way out of a wet paper bag.

> Rod Speed <rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote:
>> dolf <dolfboek@hotmail.com> wrote
>>

>>> And I won't pander to your narcissistic self justification--
>>
>> Just another of your pathetic little drug
>> crazed drunken narcisstic fantasys,

Re: -- Political nutjobs

<op.1mg7q3jobyq249@pvr2.lan>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=18631&group=alt.politics#18631

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.politics,aus.legal,alt.politics
Date: Sat, 21 May 2022 02:50:53 +1000
 by: Rod Speed - Fri, 20 May 2022 16:50 UTC

On Fri, 20 May 2022 22:18:08 +1000, dolf <dolfboek@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Rod Speed <rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote:
>> dolf <dolfboek@hotmail.com> wrote
>>> dolf <dolfboek@hotmail.com> wrote

>>> And we know from Captain Cook's travel diaries that there wasn't
>>> sufficient
>>> medical supplies on the ship to treat the rampant sexual diseases
>>> amongst
>>> the sailors and throughout the pacific islands who prostituted even
>>> their
>>> wives.
>>
>> They weren't prostituted, they had different ideas about fucking.
>>
>> So did Venice, Florence, and Milan as can be seen in
>> Sabatini, Rafael. The Life of Cesare Borgia: Biography of the Prince
>> (Kindle Location 108). e-artnow. Kindle Edition.
>>

> Captain Cook took a bucket of nails (the dolphin had been rendered
> unseaworthy by such removal)

Bullshit.

> so that the sailors could exchange them for
> sexual favours--prostitution.

Those fuckers stole anything that wasn't nailed down.

Re: -- Political nutjobs

<op.1mhmx7b2byq249@pvr2.lan>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=18633&group=alt.politics#18633

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.politics,aus.legal,alt.politics
Date: Sat, 21 May 2022 08:19:09 +1000
 by: Rod Speed - Fri, 20 May 2022 22:19 UTC

On Sat, 21 May 2022 05:14:48 +1000, dolf <dolfboek@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Rod Speed <rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Captain Cook took a bucket of nails (the dolphin had been rendered
>>> unseaworthy by such removal)
>>
>> Bullshit.
>
> You exhibit rationality problems which if persistent might be considered
> psychosis...

You never could bullshit your way out of a wet paper bag.

> "They continued to pursue the women, who typically were willing;

So it wasn't prostitution, fuckwit.

> the women also might have been exploited by their husbands,who wanted
> nails and other items the sailors offered.

And it was well known that plenty of them were very happy
to nbe fucked without anything being offered to them.

> Cook's efforts to confine diseased sailors
> to the ship ultimately were pointless, and he was pained to see how they
> spread sickness to the natives. On future voyages, he would try harder to
> prevent them from going ashore, but nothing worked.

Hardly surprising given that the natives were so keen on fucking.

> Lacking natural
> resistance, the Polynesians soon suffered epidemics that wiped out
> shocking
> percentages of the populations of several islands."

Separate matter entirely to whether prostitution was involved.

> <https://www.thefreelibrary.com/Captain+Cook%3A+Explorer+of+the+enlightenment.-a0503273342>
>

>>> so that the sailors could exchange them for
>>> sexual favours--prostitution.
>>
>> Those fuckers stole anything that wasn't nailed down.

Re: -- Political nutjobs

<op.1mhm3ibcbyq249@pvr2.lan>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=18634&group=alt.politics#18634

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.politics,aus.legal,alt.politics
Date: Sat, 21 May 2022 08:22:20 +1000
 by: Rod Speed - Fri, 20 May 2022 22:22 UTC

On Sat, 21 May 2022 07:12:29 +1000, dolf <dolfboek@hotmail.com> wrote:

> My reasonable conclusion as a "proposition of power which is assertedby
> a larger population having a prevalence of a sexual disease"

Try that again in english, even google translate doesnt do gobbledegook
yet.

> is a natural intuition drawn from the historical context itself.

Ditto.

> Which then doesn't need a coerced justification of gender based political
> diatribe.

You wouldn't know what a gender based political diatribe was if it bit you
on your lard arse.

> It's much like asking if Boris was teleported to 18 century London would
> he
> have girded loins and be of sound mind since he has a "Let them eat cake"
> attitude...

Bullshit he has.

> YOUTUBE: "Let Them Eat Cake - The Pox"
>
> <https://youtu.be/5yWJKi0UOwQ>

Just because some fool claims something...

Click here to read the complete article
Re: -- Political nutjobs

<op.1mhnhvlvbyq249@pvr2.lan>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=18636&group=alt.politics#18636

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.politics,aus.legal,alt.politics
Date: Sat, 21 May 2022 08:30:57 +1000
 by: Rod Speed - Fri, 20 May 2022 22:30 UTC

On Sat, 21 May 2022 07:34:08 +1000, dolf <dolfboek@hotmail.com> wrote:

> dolf <dolfboek@hotmail.com> wrote:
>> My reasonable conclusion as a "proposition of power which is asserted
>> by a
>> larger population having a prevalence of a sexual disease" is a natural
>> intuition drawn from the historical context itself.
>>
>> Which then doesn't need a coerced justification of gender based
>> political
>> diatribe.
>>
>> It's much like asking if Boris was teleported to 18 century London
>> would he
>> have girded loins and be of sound mind since he has a "Let them eat
>> cake"
>> attitude...
>>
>> YOUTUBE: "Let Them Eat Cake - The Pox"
>>
>> <https://youtu.be/5yWJKi0UOwQ>
>>
>> dolf <dolfboek@hotmail.com> wrote:

>>> And we know from Captain Cook's travel diaries that there wasn't
>>> sufficient
>>> medical supplies on the ship to treat the rampant sexual diseases
>>> amongst
>>> the sailors and throughout the pacific islands who prostituted even
>>> their
>>> wives.

> If Victorian sexual morality was just a façade

I didn't say that it was just a facade.

> then it wasn't a remedy for
> the historical reality of the century prior where "between 3 / 5th (60%)
> to 4 / 5th (80%) percent of the population possessed a long term
> venereal
> disease

It hasn't been established that that was reality, just CLAIMED
and it is very bloodly unlikely that it was anything like reality.

> and a "more rigorous form of Victorian sexual morality than
> England" was being prudent.

Only if it was actually effective and there is no evidence that it was.

> Try to form logical thought flow and rational conclusion.

Something you can never manage.

> The ipso facto
> of such an assertion is that must have been a knowledge of the English
> circumstance whether by the author of the statement or their assessment
> of the historical context relevant to FREUD.

More of your mindless waffle.

> That if 60-80% of the London population had some form of a sexually
> transmitted disease

There is no evidence of that.

> and the indigenous population of the pacific island
> were similarly decimated by sexually transmitted disease (et al)

There isn't evidence of that either. And even if some were decimated,
it is much more likely that it wasnt actually sexually transmitted disease
that did it given that happed all over the fucking world. Have fun
explaining that.

> it is then reasonable to use the word pandemic to convey its human
> consequence.

Bullshit it is. A pandemic involved a much more dramatic effect
over a much wider population than that.

<op.1mhx3quwbyq249@pvr2.lan>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=18642&group=alt.politics#18642

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.politics,aus.legal,alt.politics
Date: Sat, 21 May 2022 12:20:04 +1000
 by: Rod Speed - Sat, 21 May 2022 02:20 UTC

dolf <dolfboek@hotmail.com> wrote

> I don't think that you have ever really provided coherent evidence to
> properly support your assertion.

There was no assertion, you pathetic excuse for a bullshit artist.

>> You never could bullshit your way out of a wet paper bag.
>>
>>> "They continued to pursue the women, who typically were willing;
>> So it wasn't prostitution, fuckwit.
>>
>>> the women also might have been exploited by their husbands, who
>>> wanted nails and other items the sailors offered.
>> And it was well known that plenty of them were very happy
>> to be fucked without anything being offered to them.
>
> The point is the irrationality of your discourse conduct, in that you
> deny there was *prostitution* and reinterpret evidence of such PIMPING
> OUR THEIR WIVES FOR SEXUAL FAVOURS TO WHICH PAYMENT IS RECEIVED AS
> INCENTIVE, namely: "the women also might have been exploited by their
> husbands, who wanted nails and other items"
>
> Against which you then make a generalisation by juxtaposing FREEWILL:
> "plenty of them were very happy" against the criteria of being EXPLOITED.
>
> You simply cannot cohere any focus of the discussion at hand and
> accordingly it is futile discussing anything with you.
>
> If there is evidence of of what you claim then provide it since the
> truth quotient of your statements is lacking.
>
> GOODBYE
>
> On 21/5/2022 08:30, Rod Speed wrote:
>>
>>> Try to form logical thought flow and rational conclusion.
>> Something you can never manage.

Re: -- Political nutjobs

<op.1mjx5jp2byq249@pvr2.lan>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=18654&group=alt.politics#18654

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.politics,aus.legal,alt.politics
Date: Sun, 22 May 2022 14:16:21 +1000
 by: Rod Speed - Sun, 22 May 2022 04:16 UTC

dolf <dolfboek@hotmail.com> wrote
> Rod Speed wrote
>> dolf <dolfboek@hotmail.com> wrote

>>> My reasonable conclusion was a "proposition of power which is asserted
>>> by a larger population having a prevalence of a sexual disease"

>> Try that again in english, even google translate doesnt do
>> gobbledegook yet.

> Which word beyond "is" was too difficult for you?

The entire sentence is a steaming meaningless turd.

>>> is a natural intuition drawn from the historical context itself.

>> Ditto.

>>> Which then doesn't need a coerced justification of gender based
>>> political
>>> diatribe.

>> You wouldn't know what a gender based political diatribe was if it bit
>> you on your lard arse.

>>> It's much like asking if Boris was teleported to 18 century London
>>> would he
>>> have girded loins and be of sound mind since he has a "Let them eat
>>> cake"
>>> attitude...

>> Bullshit he has.

> I cannot ignore this wilful stupidity since here is evidence that Boris
> has a "Let them eat cake" attitude:

Bullshit he has.

> "Prime Minister Boris Johnson pictured holding up a birthday cake as he
> visits Bovingdon Primary Academy in Hertfordshire, a few hours before he
> received another cake back in London"
>
> <https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/news/976/cpsprodpb/15D22/production/_122987398_50022889771_54db72f28e_c.jpg>
>
> ACTUAL NEWS ARTICLE:
>
> <https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-60121572>

Even sillier than you usually manage and that's saying something.

>>> YOUTUBE: "Let Them Eat Cake - The Pox"
>>>
>>> <https://youtu.be/5yWJKi0UOwQ>

>> Just because some fool claims something...

Click here to read the complete article
Re: -- Political nutjobs

<op.1mj5mykdbyq249@pvr2.lan>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=18655&group=alt.politics#18655

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.politics,aus.legal,alt.politics
Date: Sun, 22 May 2022 16:58:00 +1000
 by: Rod Speed - Sun, 22 May 2022 06:58 UTC

dolf <dolfboek@hotmail.com> wrote
> Rod Speed wrote
>> dolf <dolfboek@hotmail.com> wrote
>>> Rod Speed wrote

>>> Which word beyond "is" was too difficult for you?

>> The entire sentence is a steaming meaningless turd.

> Me thinks that you also have a "Let them eat cake" attitude

Not a schred of evidence that you are actually
capable of rational thought, or even being able
to bullshit your way out of a wet paper bag.

> which means "shows insensitivity to or incomprehensionof the realities
> of life for the unfortunate."

More of your utterly mindless bullshit.

> A bourgeois mindset relative to the impoverished

More of your utterly mindless bullshit.

(ie. sexual promiscuity

That has nothing to do with the impoverished and
in fact those that fuck like rabbits like Randy Andy
are nothing even remotely like the impoverished.

> and sexual disease was more likely the product of being poor)

Or being able to pay for prostitutes or
having servants available to be fucked.

> larger population...

In Ireland the larger population was actually the
RESULT of fucking like rabbits. In Africa too.