Be sure to evaluate the bird-hand/bush ratio.

interests / rec.outdoors.rv-travel / Re: OT? - The More of this We Get

SubjectAuthor
* Re: OT? - The More of this We GetTechnobarbarian
`- Re: OT? - The More of this We Getbfh

1
Re: OT? - The More of this We Get

<1e3dba92-0833-4247-afd9-5e3f99ec96acn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=18647&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#18647

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Sat, 8 Apr 2023 16:58:07 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: OT? - The More of this We Get
From: technoba...@gmail.com (Technobarbarian)
 by: Technobarbarian - Sat, 8 Apr 2023 23:58 UTC

On Thursday, April 6, 2023 at 11:18:15 PM UTC-7, bfh wrote:
> film...@gmail.com wrote:
> > On Thursday, April 6, 2023 at 7:23:52 PM UTC-7, Technobarbarian
> > wrote:

> --

> I've been boycotting Bud Light since I first literally tasted one back

> >> Face it. You are just as much of a yeast piss snob as an lib
> >> sipping some fancy wine. You have ALWAYS been quick to tell us
> >> what you drink, and by a strange coincidence it matches your
> >> personal image. The image you buy is ordinary American male. Cars
> >> and yeast piss are sold by the images associated with them. It's
> >> rotten barley water flavored with hops and you still think, LOL,
> >> some of it tastes better than other rotten barley water flavored
> >> with hops.
> >>
> >> TB
> >
> > What a vicious personal attack on poor, old, entirely innocent
> > bill, just for his beer choice , but American brewers in general,
> > as well! Jeeeesh! What a beer snob you must be? As the
> > Philosopher Rodney King, once said, "Can't we all just get
> > along?" HawHawHaw!
> >
> > Stella Artois Jr.
> He must literally be an inefficacious clairvoyant. My beer choices
> change sorta frequently in the passage of time. I don't remember if
> I've ever tried Stella Artois, but if I have, I must not have liked it.
> --
> bill
> Theory don't mean squat if it don't work.

I have never claimed to be clairvoyant. And I missed the post where you announced that your long time relationship with Red Dog had died. Aawww, that's so sad. And you even went so crazy that you drank a Stella Artois? Oh my goodness! Budweiser with a fancy label. And another American style lager that isn't all that different from from hundreds of other American style lagers. There isn't much room to change the flavor because it doesn't have all that much flavor to start with and that's what "ordinary working class American males want. I sometimes drink American style lager too. But, I don't go on for year after year praising my favorite brand. You do it because it's part of your image.

"OT - The end of a long relationship

Sep 23, 2014, 2:22:41 PM

I just got the official word that, although Red Dog is still being
brewed by MillerCoors, it's no longer being distributed in my area
(which means, in my case, at least more than a 100-mile radius around
me). This, in turn, means that the Dog and I will no longer have the
relationship we both have had for about 2 decades. It's a sad blow to
a way of life to which I've become accustomed.

Also, my email address (reddog @ rye.net) has now become a
halfanachronism (Jim Beam rye is still available in this area -
although the nearest place is 55 miles away).

And now that I'm required to make a big 'shift' in my life, I find it
serendipitous - or maybe even visionary - that I've already been test
driving Third Shift beer.

Click here to read the complete article
Re: OT? - The More of this We Get

<mXnYL.2036589$9sn9.648822@fx17.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=18649&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#18649

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
<EAOXL.381014$cKvc.249907@fx42.iad>
<1e3dba92-0833-4247-afd9-5e3f99ec96acn@googlegroups.com>
From: redy...@rye.net (bfh)
Date: Sat, 8 Apr 2023 20:48:16 -0400
 by: bfh - Sun, 9 Apr 2023 00:48 UTC

Technobarbarian wrote:
> On Thursday, April 6, 2023 at 11:18:15 PM UTC-7, bfh wrote:
>> film...@gmail.com wrote:

--

I've been boycotting Bud Light since I first literally tasted one back

>>> What a vicious personal attack on poor, old, entirely innocent
>>> bill, just for his beer choice , but American brewers in
>>> general, as well! Jeeeesh! What a beer snob you must be? As
>>> the Philosopher Rodney King, once said, "Can't we all just get
>>> along?" HawHawHaw!
>>>
>>> Stella Artois Jr.
>> He must literally be an inefficacious clairvoyant. My beer
>> choices change sorta frequently in the passage of time. I don't
>> remember if I've ever tried Stella Artois, but if I have, I must
>> not have liked it. -- bill Theory don't mean squat if it don't
>> work.
>
> I have never claimed to be clairvoyant. And I missed the post where
> you announced that your long time relationship with Red Dog had
> died.

Missed it? You just posted it below.

> Aawww, that's so sad. And you even went so crazy that you
> drank a Stella Artois?

I'll try any beer I haven't tried before.