interests / alt.politics / "Grooming" Explodes

SubjectAuthor
* "Grooming" ExplodesBradley K. Sherman
+- Re: "Grooming" ExplodesSiri Cruise
`* Re: "Grooming" ExplodesNoBody
 `* Re: "Grooming" ExplodesBradley K. Sherman
  `* Re: "Grooming" ExplodesBradley K. Sherman
   `* Re: "Grooming" ExplodesNoBody
    +* Re: "Grooming" ExplodesBradley K. Sherman
    |+- Re: "Grooming" ExplodesSiri Cruise
    |`- Re: "Grooming" ExplodesBradley K. Sherman
    `* Re: "Grooming" ExplodesGronk
     `- Re: "Grooming" ExplodesGronk

1
"Grooming" Explodes

<t6ee2e$ofc$1@panix3.panix.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=18676&group=alt.politics#18676

From: bks...@panix.com (Bradley K. Sherman)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics
Subject: "Grooming" Explodes
Date: 22 May 2022 22:39:10 -0000
 by: Bradley K. Sherman - Sun, 22 May 2022 22:39 UTC

| They were right. I was wrong to call sexual abuse in the
| Southern Baptist Convention (SBC) a crisis. Crisis is too
| small a word. It is an apocalypse.
|
| Someone asked me a few weeks ago what I expected from the
| third-party investigation into the handling of sexual abuse
| by the Southern Baptist Convention's Executive Committee. I
| said I didn't expect to be surprised at all. How could I
| be? I lived through years with that entity. I was the one
| who called for such an investigation in the first place.
|
| And yet, as I read the report, I found that I could not
| swipe the screen to the next page because my hands were
| shaking with rage. That's because, as dark a view as I had
| of the SBC Executive Committee, the investigation uncovers
| a reality far more evil and systemic than I imagined it
| could be.
<https://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2022/may-web-only/southern-baptist-abuse-apocalypse-russell-moore.html>

--bks

Re: "Grooming" Explodes

<chine.bleu-84BE54.17162722052022@news.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=18677&group=alt.politics#18677

From: chine.b...@yahoo.com (Siri Cruise)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics
Subject: Re: "Grooming" Explodes
Date: Sun, 22 May 2022 17:16:37 -0700
 by: Siri Cruise - Mon, 23 May 2022 00:16 UTC

In article <t6ee2e$ofc$1@panix3.panix.com>,
bks@panix.com (Bradley K. Sherman) wrote:

> | And yet, as I read the report, I found that I could not
> | swipe the screen to the next page because my hands were
> | shaking with rage. That's because, as dark a view as I had

From the Sermon on the Mount.

'Therefore, if you are offering your gift at the altar and
there remember that your brother or sister has something
against you, leave your gift there in front of the altar.
First go and be reconciled to them; then come and offer
your gift.

'Settle matters quickly with your adversary who is taking you
to court. Do it while you are still together on the way, or
your adversary may hand you over to the judge, and the judge
may hand you over to the officer, and you may be thrown into
prison. Truly I tell you, you will not get out until you have
paid the last penny.

I see this as both legal advice and a metaphor for clwaring your
sins before your god. As legal advice, it clearly warns
catholics, baptists, and anyone else calling themselves a
christian, don't use legal trickery to worm out of an accusation.
Instead be forthright, honest, even if that is used against you,
and come to a mutually acceptable resolution as quickly as
possible.

'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.' /|\
I am an Andrea Chen sockpuppet. insults Islam. Mohammed

Re: "Grooming" Explodes

<i2rm8h1h5okr35s2rmspo94v1melt7igjg@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=18682&group=alt.politics#18682

From: NoB...@nowhere.com (NoBody)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics
Date: Mon, 23 May 2022 07:14:12 -0400
 by: NoBody - Mon, 23 May 2022 11:14 UTC

On 22 May 2022 22:39:10 -0000, bks@panix.com (Bradley K. Sherman)
wrote:

> | They were right. I was wrong to call sexual abuse in the
> | Southern Baptist Convention (SBC) a crisis. Crisis is too
> | small a word. It is an apocalypse.
> |
> | Someone asked me a few weeks ago what I expected from the
> | third-party investigation into the handling of sexual abuse
> | by the Southern Baptist Convention's Executive Committee. I
> | said I didn't expect to be surprised at all. How could I
> | be? I lived through years with that entity. I was the one
> | who called for such an investigation in the first place.
> |
> | And yet, as I read the report, I found that I could not
> | swipe the screen to the next page because my hands were
> | shaking with rage. That's because, as dark a view as I had
> | of the SBC Executive Committee, the investigation uncovers
> | a reality far more evil and systemic than I imagined it
> | could be.
><https://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2022/may-web-only/southern-baptist-abuse-apocalypse-russell-moore.html>
>
> --bks

And Bradley ignores all the grooming going on by Only Fans, Disney
etc. His hypocrisy is once again on full display.

Re: "Grooming" Explodes

<t6g1ml$e8d$2@reader1.panix.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=18683&group=alt.politics#18683

From: bks...@panix.com (Bradley K. Sherman)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics
Date: Mon, 23 May 2022 13:20:21 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Bradley K. Sherman - Mon, 23 May 2022 13:20 UTC

>> | They were right. I was wrong to call sexual abuse in the
>> | Southern Baptist Convention (SBC) a crisis. Crisis is too
>> | small a word. It is an apocalypse.
>> |
>> | Someone asked me a few weeks ago what I expected from the
>> | third-party investigation into the handling of sexual abuse
>> | by the Southern Baptist Convention's Executive Committee. I
>> | said I didn't expect to be surprised at all. How could I
>> | be? I lived through years with that entity. I was the one
>> | who called for such an investigation in the first place.
>><https://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2022/may-web-only/southern-baptist-abuse-apocalypse-russell-moore.html>

| Report: Top Southern Baptists stonewalled clergy sex abuse
| victims
|
| Leaders of America's largest Protestant denomination
| impeded and denigrated survivors, an investigation
| commissioned by the church has found.
<https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/report-top-southern-baptists-stonewalled-clergy-sex-abuse-victims-rcna30029>

--bks

Re: "Grooming" Explodes

<t6gtiv$nmm$2@reader1.panix.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=18686&group=alt.politics#18686

From: bks...@panix.com (Bradley K. Sherman)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics
Date: Mon, 23 May 2022 21:16:15 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Bradley K. Sherman - Mon, 23 May 2022 21:16 UTC

>> | They were right. I was wrong to call sexual abuse in the
>> | Southern Baptist Convention (SBC) a crisis. Crisis is too
>> | small a word. It is an apocalypse.

> | Report: Top Southern Baptists stonewalled clergy sex abuse
> | victims

| Johnny Hunt, a former president of the Southern Baptist
| Convention and well-known Georgia preacher, has been
| accused of sexually assaulting a woman weeks after his
| presidential tenure ended in 2010.
<https://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/investigations/article/Former-Southern-Baptist-president-accused-of-17190827.php>

--bks

Re: "Grooming" Explodes

<noep8hhlan498f2kvduv7njubtom2ahb9j@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=18693&group=alt.politics#18693

From: NoB...@nowhere.com (NoBody)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics
Date: Tue, 24 May 2022 07:02:21 -0400
 by: NoBody - Tue, 24 May 2022 11:02 UTC

On Mon, 23 May 2022 21:16:15 -0000 (UTC), bks@panix.com (Bradley K.
Sherman) wrote:

>> | Report: Top Southern Baptists stonewalled clergy sex abuse
>> | victims
>

> | Johnny Hunt, a former president of the Southern Baptist
> | Convention and well-known Georgia preacher, has been
> | accused of sexually assaulting a woman weeks after his
> | presidential tenure ended in 2010.
><https://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/investigations/article/Former-Southern-Baptist-president-accused-of-17190827.php>
>
> --bks

And Bradley runs from his selective outrage.

Re: "Grooming" Explodes

<t6ihhi$2gn$2@reader1.panix.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=18694&group=alt.politics#18694

From: bks...@panix.com (Bradley K. Sherman)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics
Date: Tue, 24 May 2022 12:02:58 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Bradley K. Sherman - Tue, 24 May 2022 12:02 UTC

>> | Johnny Hunt, a former president of the Southern Baptist
>> | Convention and well-known Georgia preacher, has been
>> | accused of sexually assaulting a woman weeks after his
>> | presidential tenure ended in 2010.

| Southern Baptist Sex Abuse Report Stuns, From Pulpit to Pews
|
| The results of a sprawling investigation are coursing
| through every level of Baptist society, at an already
| fraught moment for the nation's largest Protestant
| denomination.
<https://www.nytimes.com/2022/05/23/us/southern-baptist-sex-abuse-report.html>

--bks

Re: "Grooming" Explodes

<chine.bleu-E8DA9D.08475824052022@news.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=18697&group=alt.politics#18697

From: chine.b...@yahoo.com (Siri Cruise)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics
Date: Tue, 24 May 2022 08:47:58 -0700
 by: Siri Cruise - Tue, 24 May 2022 15:47 UTC

In article <t6ihhi$2gn$2@reader1.panix.com>,
bks@panix.com (Bradley K. Sherman) wrote:

> | Southern Baptist Sex Abuse Report Stuns, From Pulpit to Pews
> |
> | The results of a sprawling investigation are coursing
> | through every level of Baptist society, at an already
> | fraught moment for the nation's largest Protestant
> | denomination.

Baptists reported they have a surplus of millstones for sale.

'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.' /|\
I am an Andrea Chen sockpuppet. insults Islam. Mohammed

Re: "Grooming" Explodes

<t6lbj9$bjo$2@reader1.panix.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=18715&group=alt.politics#18715

From: bks...@panix.com (Bradley K. Sherman)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics
Date: Wed, 25 May 2022 13:39:53 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Bradley K. Sherman - Wed, 25 May 2022 13:39 UTC

> | The results of a sprawling investigation are coursing
> | through every level of Baptist society, at an already
> | fraught moment for the nation's largest Protestant
> | denomination.

| Top administrative leaders for the Southern Baptist
| Convention, the largest Protestant denomination in America,
| said Tuesday that they will release a secret list of
| hundreds of pastors and other church-affiliated personnel
| accused of sexual abuse.
<https://www.news4jax.com/news/2022/05/25/southern-baptist-convention-sex-abuse-report-44-women-made-allegations-against-jacksonville-pastor/>

--bks

Re: "Grooming" Explodes

<t6uufi$hov$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=18738&group=alt.politics#18738

From: inval...@invalid.invalid (Gronk)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics
Date: Sat, 28 May 2022 22:57:25 -0600
 by: Gronk - Sun, 29 May 2022 04:57 UTC

NoBody wrote:

>> | Johnny Hunt, a former president of the Southern Baptist
>> | Convention and well-known Georgia preacher, has been
>> | accused of sexually assaulting a woman weeks after his
>> | presidential tenure ended in 2010.
>> <https://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/investigations/article/Former-Southern-Baptist-president-accused-of-17190827.php>
>>
>> --bks
>
> And Bradley runs from his selective outrage.

What are you babbling about?

Re: "Grooming" Explodes

<t71i36$167$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=18740&group=alt.politics#18740

From: inval...@invalid.invalid (Gronk)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics
Date: Sun, 29 May 2022 22:44:22 -0600
 by: Gronk - Mon, 30 May 2022 04:44 UTC

Gronk wrote:
> NoBody wrote:

>>> <https://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/investigations/article/Former-Southern-Baptist-president-accused-of-17190827.php>
>>
>> And Bradley runs from his selective outrage.
>>
> What are you babbling about?

<crickets.wav>