From: ganth...@gmail.org (George.Anthony)
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Subject: OT? - Maybe He'll Put it in Portland
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2023 19:15:26 -0500
 by: George.Anthony - Wed, 12 Apr 2023 00:15 UTC

https://www.foxbusiness.com/media/shark-tank-kevin-oleary-build-new-us-oil-refinery-america
--
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem.
Government is the problem," - Ronald Reagan

Re: OT? - Maybe He'll Put it in Portland

<0694da17-95a3-46b0-832f-3481eabe66ecn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=18689&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#18689

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2023 13:58:38 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: OT? - Maybe He'll Put it in Portland
From: technoba...@gmail.com (Technobarbarian)
 by: Technobarbarian - Wed, 12 Apr 2023 20:58 UTC

On Tuesday, April 11, 2023 at 5:15:28 PM UTC-7, George.Anthony wrote:
> https://www.foxbusiness.com/media/shark-tank-kevin-oleary-build-new-us-oil-refinery-america
> --
> "In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem.
> Government is the problem," - Ronald Reagan

LOL, I love it. Thank you. It has been long enough that the suckers have forgotten the last refinery pump and dump. At one time it was a big topic here because our conservative nut cases thought it needed to happen and they figured these guys would do it. When was the last time you heard of this company? Or any new refineries? Mexico sends oil to us so we can refine it and send it back to them.

"Building New Refinery a Difficult Prospect"

July 4, 2007 4:00 PM ET

"An Arizona company has overcome significant hurdles toward building the first new U.S. oil refinery in three decades. But it still can't get financing or an assured supply of oil. With a push for bio-fuels and ethanol, big oil seems reluctant to spend billions for conventional refining — which could keep supplies tight and prices high.

ROBERT SIEGEL, host:

As the nation weighs its energy future, the U.S. still depends on an aging infrastructure to produce gasoline. We're talking about oil refineries. And the country hasn't built a new one in three decades. Cost is one hurdle; regulation is another.

NPR's Ted Robbins has the story of one man who's trying to open a refinery in the southwest.

TED ROBBINS: Arizona gets its gasoline from California and the Gulf Coast. Glen McGinnis, who's made a career expanding and operating oil refineries, wants to change that. A year ago, he stood on top of an abandoned irrigation ditch in the desert east of Yuma and imagined.

Mr. GLEN McGINNIS (CEO, Arizona Clean Fuels): What I see is, you know, is a state-of-the-art oil refinery sitting here between where we are here and the interstate that you can see in the distance.

ROBBINS: At that point, the company McGinnis had had just received a rare air quality permit from the state of Arizona. The state gave the permit because it agreed this refinery will put out about half the pollution as any other -hence, the company's name, Arizona Clean Fuels. Since then, though, the economic hurdles have been much bigger than the regulatory ones. The biggest? Raising $3 billion to build the refinery."
[snip]

https://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=11737359

Our refineries are turning out more refined products that we can use here. We are already an exporter of refined oil products and have been for a long time. So now this guy is raising $14 billion of other people's money for a refinery we need even less than ever? Oh yeah. This has good idea written all over it. lqtm

TB

Re: OT? - Maybe He'll Put it in Portland

<u17bqd$2n77$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=18691&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#18691

From: ganth...@gmail.org (George.Anthony)
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2023 17:37:02 -0500
 by: George.Anthony - Wed, 12 Apr 2023 22:37 UTC

On 4/12/2023 3:58 PM, Technobarbarian wrote:
> On Tuesday, April 11, 2023 at 5:15:28 PM UTC-7, George.Anthony wrote:
>> https://www.foxbusiness.com/media/shark-tank-kevin-oleary-build-new-us-oil-refinery-america
>> --
>> "In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem.
>> Government is the problem," - Ronald Reagan
>
> LOL, I love it. Thank you. It has been long enough that the suckers have forgotten the last refinery pump and dump. At one time it was a big topic here because our conservative nut cases thought it needed to happen and they figured these guys would do it. When was the last time you heard of this company? Or any new refineries? Mexico sends oil to us so we can refine it and send it back to them.
>
> "Building New Refinery a Difficult Prospect"
>
> July 4, 2007 4:00 PM ET
>
> "An Arizona company has overcome significant hurdles toward building the first new U.S. oil refinery in three decades. But it still can't get financing or an assured supply of oil. With a push for bio-fuels and ethanol, big oil seems reluctant to spend billions for conventional refining — which could keep supplies tight and prices high.
>
> ROBERT SIEGEL, host:
>
> As the nation weighs its energy future, the U.S. still depends on an aging infrastructure to produce gasoline. We're talking about oil refineries. And the country hasn't built a new one in three decades. Cost is one hurdle; regulation is another.
>
> NPR's Ted Robbins has the story of one man who's trying to open a refinery in the southwest.
>
> TED ROBBINS: Arizona gets its gasoline from California and the Gulf Coast. Glen McGinnis, who's made a career expanding and operating oil refineries, wants to change that. A year ago, he stood on top of an abandoned irrigation ditch in the desert east of Yuma and imagined.
>
> Mr. GLEN McGINNIS (CEO, Arizona Clean Fuels): What I see is, you know, is a state-of-the-art oil refinery sitting here between where we are here and the interstate that you can see in the distance.
>
> ROBBINS: At that point, the company McGinnis had had just received a rare air quality permit from the state of Arizona. The state gave the permit because it agreed this refinery will put out about half the pollution as any other -hence, the company's name, Arizona Clean Fuels. Since then, though, the economic hurdles have been much bigger than the regulatory ones. The biggest? Raising $3 billion to build the refinery."
> [snip]
>
> https://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=11737359
>
> Our refineries are turning out more refined products that we can use here. We are already an exporter of refined oil products and have been for a long time. So now this guy is raising $14 billion of other people's money for a refinery we need even less than ever? Oh yeah. This has good idea written all over it. lqtm
>
> TB

One day you will get my tongue-in-cheek posts. The last refinery of any
size built in this country was nearly 50 years ago. With the politics in
the country these days it would take that long to get the permitting
done. By then it would probably cost orders of magnitude more than the
projected $14 billion. Even if you were to lend them some of the $8.7
mil you saved it wouldn't amount to more than a drop in a bucket.
--
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem.
Government is the problem," - Ronald Reagan

Re: OT? - Maybe He'll Put it in Portland

<db039b98-9d04-4110-abf0-0b5c0d591a8en@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=18693&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#18693

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2023 19:03:18 -0700 (PDT)
From: technoba...@gmail.com (Technobarbarian)
 by: Technobarbarian - Thu, 13 Apr 2023 02:03 UTC

On Wednesday, April 12, 2023 at 3:37:04 PM UTC-7, George.Anthony wrote:
> [...]
> >
> > TB
> One day you will get my tongue-in-cheek posts. The last refinery of any
> size built in this country was nearly 50 years ago. With the politics in
> the country these days it would take that long to get the permitting
> done. By then it would probably cost orders of magnitude more than the
> projected $14 billion. Even if you were to lend them some of the $8.7
> mil you saved it wouldn't amount to more than a drop in a bucket.
> --
> "In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem.
> Government is the problem," - Ronald Reagan

One day you will get my tongue-in-cheek posts

TB

Re: OT? - Maybe He'll Put it in Portland

<u18sdl$efu6$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=18695&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#18695

From: ganth...@gmail.net (George.Anthony)
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2023 12:26:29 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:IziYV8tkbV/n+LL+GFyNkrOUyJQ=
 by: George.Anthony - Thu, 13 Apr 2023 12:26 UTC

Another of your failed attempts at CYA.

--
A liberal doesn’t beome wiser with age. A moron doesn’t become wiser as he
grows old; he becomes an old moron.

Re: OT? - Maybe He'll Put it in Portland

<u1bpcg$1j6k8$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=18702&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#18702

From: ganth...@gmail.net (George.Anthony)
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2023 14:53:04 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:XPRdKyj2r+vnVAzo37LqNVahJnM=
 by: George.Anthony - Fri, 14 Apr 2023 14:53 UTC