We are so fond of each other because our ailments are the same. -- Jonathan Swift

interests / soc.history.war.misc / Re: Evidence of Weather Modification Testing ?

SubjectAuthor
* Re: Evidence of Weather Modification Testing ?a425couple
`* Re: Evidence of Weather Modification Testing ?R Kym Horsell
 +- Re: Evidence of Weather Modification Testing ?Daniel65
 `* Re: Evidence of Weather Modification Testing ?Jim Wilkins
  `- Re: Evidence of Weather Modification Testing ?R Kym Horsell

1
Re: Evidence of Weather Modification Testing ?

<wHyrN.296266$xHn7.12145@fx14.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=1870&group=soc.history.war.misc#1870

Subject: Re: Evidence of Weather Modification Testing ?
Newsgroups: alt.astronomy,soc.history.war.misc,rec.aviation.military
From: a425cou...@hotmail.com (a425couple)
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2024 10:43:39 -0800
 by: a425couple - Mon, 22 Jan 2024 18:43 UTC

On 1/22/24 09:17, Skybuck Flying wrote:
> Now that time has passed, who knows... maybe I have captured evidence of "Weather Modification" Testing...
>
> https://youtu.be/Pj4E6sW5QoA?si=68OGIPGIZkLNQ78_
>
> Nobody ever asked the question:
>
> Did Stalin modify the weather to freeze Hitler's army to death ?!
>
> Stalin and his people sure modified the shit out of the ground/earth, who knows what they did to the air.................
>
> Let this be a warning to Nato.
>
> Perhaps Russia has top secret weather modification chemicals !
>
> You've been warned !
>
> Bye for now,
> Skybuck.

People who create and spread lies,
should be stuck in the boobie bin forever!

from Bret Stephens "America in Retreat", page 46,
"only 8% of Pakistanis think the impact of U.S.
economic aid is "mostly positive".
When Pakistain was struck by another humanitarian
disaster in 2010 - this time in the form of floods -
a conspiracy theory that made the rounds in the
Pakistaini media held that it was the doing of
a weather-controling device based in Alaska."

Re: Evidence of Weather Modification Testing ?

<uomgm3$btb$1@nnrp.usenet.blueworldhosting.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=1871&group=soc.history.war.misc#1871

From: kymhors...@gmail.com (R Kym Horsell)
Newsgroups: alt.astronomy,soc.history.war.misc,rec.aviation.military
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2024 19:46:11 -0000 (UTC)
Sender: R Kym Horsell <kym@otaku.sdf.org>
sha1:UA2ZS2PE6yT/3TS2IGCCJoxs3YM= sha256:sB6nK2As/Msv6m6jqkd+rhGcnl7vrgqFVoQVFnWthrE=
 by: R Kym Horsell - Mon, 22 Jan 2024 19:46 UTC

In alt.astronomy a425couple <a425couple@hotmail.com> wrote:
> On 1/22/24 09:17, Skybuck Flying wrote:
>> Now that time has passed, who knows... maybe I have captured evidence of "Weather Modification" Testing...
>> https://youtu.be/Pj4E6sW5QoA?si=68OGIPGIZkLNQ78_
>> Nobody ever asked the question:
>> Did Stalin modify the weather to freeze Hitler's army to death ?!
>> Stalin and his people sure modified the shit out of the ground/earth, who knows what they did to the air.................
>> Let this be a warning to Nato.
>> Perhaps Russia has top secret weather modification chemicals !
>> You've been warned !
>> Bye for now,
>> Skybuck.
> People who create and spread lies,
> should be stuck in the boobie bin forever!

There are no crazy question, only crazy answers. :)

As I answered on another group where the article was posted --
I was involved in a study of weather patterns that seemed to be
the result of bombing campaigns during WWII.
In that case we found the tonnage of UK bombs dropped across
Europe seemed to have strong links with local weather subsequently.
We posited that civilian areas being fire-bombed created created "white
smoke" that reflected sunlight back to space and lowered local temps
temporarily, and bombing oil tanks and ammo dumps created "black smoke"
that deposited black carbon around the region and temp raised local
temps.
The various links were quite statistically strong.

In the case of the seige of Volograd or whatever the kids call it these days
we have this:

Bombing of Stalingrad
German land forces comprising the 6th Army had advanced to the suburbs of
Stalingrad by August 1942. The city was firebombed with 1,000 tons of high
explosives and incendiaries in 1,600 sorties on 23 August. The aerial
assault on Stalingrad was the most concentrated on the Ostfront according to
Beevor.
-- wiki

Which as I pointed out on the other group might be preliminary evidence
the German 6th Army may have shot itself in the foot and lowered
local temps that winter by 5 deg C which is what the plots show:
<kym.massbus.org/STALINGRAD/avmin.gif>.

--
"Nothing in life is to be feared, it is only to be understood.
Now is the time to understand more, so that we may fear less."

Re: Evidence of Weather Modification Testing ?

<uonull$173b6$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=1873&group=soc.history.war.misc#1873

From: danie...@nomail.afraid.org (Daniel65)
Newsgroups: alt.astronomy,soc.history.war.misc,rec.aviation.military
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2024 19:51:07 +1100
 by: Daniel65 - Tue, 23 Jan 2024 08:51 UTC

R Kym Horsell wrote on 23/1/24 6:46 am:

<Snip>

> There are no crazy question, only crazy answers. :)

Back in the days of my teaching Electronics Theory (1980's-90's), I
tried to hammer into my students

"The *ONLY* Stupid question is the UNASKED question."

..... cause, chances are that if YOU are unsure about something, there is
probably someone else that is not quite sure what's going on, too.
--
Daniel

Re: Evidence of Weather Modification Testing ?

<uoo8t7$18p3h$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=1874&group=soc.history.war.misc#1874

From: muratla...@gmail.com (Jim Wilkins)
Newsgroups: alt.astronomy,soc.history.war.misc,rec.aviation.military
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2024 06:45:23 -0500
 by: Jim Wilkins - Tue, 23 Jan 2024 11:45 UTC

"R Kym Horsell" wrote in message

As I answered on another group where the article was posted --
I was involved in a study of weather patterns that seemed to be
the result of bombing campaigns during WWII.
---------------------------

What was the general wind direction? Stalin didn't have the air power to do
much upwind.

Re: Evidence of Weather Modification Testing ?

<uooces$23gh$1@nnrp.usenet.blueworldhosting.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=1875&group=soc.history.war.misc#1875

From: kymhors...@gmail.com (R Kym Horsell)
Newsgroups: alt.astronomy,soc.history.war.misc,rec.aviation.military
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2024 12:46:20 -0000 (UTC)
Sender: R Kym Horsell <kym@otaku.sdf.org>
sha1:gDmk4n3db0Pdd1bLTE0t+1TBpHQ= sha256:hI/Q65YOIweEpqdO7efe4gkwNoTHLMyk3XBTKvf9Src=
 by: R Kym Horsell - Tue, 23 Jan 2024 12:46 UTC

In alt.astronomy Jim Wilkins <muratlanne@gmail.com> wrote:
> "R Kym Horsell" wrote in message
>
> As I answered on another group where the article was posted --
> I was involved in a study of weather patterns that seemed to be
> the result of bombing campaigns during WWII.
> ---------------------------
> What was the general wind direction? Stalin didn't have the air power to do
> much upwind.

As the rest of the article indicated, we were looking at UK bombing raids
mainly because the records were more or less deadily available.
When, where and how many bombs and what kind of targets (homes, oil dumps, etc) were hit.

It was found different kinds of things burning either temp lowered or raised
to regional temperatures slightly but statistically significantly.

This then led into soldiers setting fire to regions either as part of
an attacking force as as burned earth policy by depearting e.g. Russian
soldiers.

Again, it seems to be the case that large fires around Leningrad and Moscow
in different centuries resulted in a colder winter immediately after.
Ergo an argument that the German 6th and Napoleon partly defeated themselves
vis a vis the weather.

The web pages
<kym.massbus.org/MOSCOW>
and
<kym.massbus.org/LENINGRAD>

have some graphics of the actual (in the case of the Leningrad region) or
reconstructed (in the case of the Moscow region) at the time of the
relevant campaigns. The winter after the fires in both cases some to be
significantly colder than the prev e.g. 10 winters.

--
"Beam me up, Scotty" [Scotty, beam us up] is similar to the phrase,
"Just the facts, ma'am" [All we want are the facts ma'am], attributed